The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

Coming to your TV this Tuesday: Lily Tomlin socks it to NCIS, Sarah Brown brings sexy back to Salem, and the Ringer twins celebrate their birthday. The people have spoken and we’re staying daily* with the TVLine-Up, so here now our picks for the day.

* IMPORTANT NOTE: With a new era comes new parameters. In its daily incarnation, the TVLine-Up will of course flag big premieres and finales as well as cite “noteworthy” regular episodes of a series (i.e. those that we know or have heard to be standouts, boast interesting guest stars, or possess some other intangible “fun” factor). And during these first weeks of the fall, I’ll also invite you to give new shows a second look. Lastly, my lawyer says that as the author, I am also entitled to lob out the occasional wild card, just because.

1 pm Days of Our Lives (NBC) | Three-time Daytime Emmy winner Sarah Joy Brown (General Hospital‘s original Carly, As the World Turns‘ Julia) makes her debut as powerful businesswoman Madison James.

8pm NCIS (CBS) | On the same night that gives you Cloris Leachman as TV’s dizziest grandma, here’s Lily Tomlin guest starring as McGee’s whip-smart scientist Nana. And that’s the truth, pbbbbbttt!

8 pm Glee (Fox) | If you like it (as I do) when the show sets Heather Morris loose, you will love this episode. If you like Harry Shum’s dancing, you will love this episode. If you like Wemma, you will love this episode, If you love seeing Rachel come up with horrible, self-serving ideas and/or Coach Beiste shoveling linguini into her mouth… well, you get the idea.

Exclusive Glee Video: Watch Mercedes Steal the ‘Spotlight’ From Rachel!

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | Coming off what was far and away its best episode to date, the show this week ventures to the Hamptons to celebrate’s Siobhan’s birthday. (Two guesses what “present” Henry is anxious to give her.) P.S. Watch out for Emily Thorne, gang.

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | It’s like an Ice Storm key party when the team is ordered to change up its partners for a week.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | The fall’s first new show to get a full-season pick-up this week finds Nick asking Jess to be his date to an ex’s wedding, where Schmidt struggles to juggle two gals: Katie Cassidy (Gossip Girl) and Natasha Lyonne (American Pie).

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | The reappearance of a ponytailed drifter prompts Burt to recall a decades-old kidnapping story. Elsewhere, Sabrina’s anxious wait for a text from her beau makes Jimmy >:-O

Poppy Montgomery Teases Unforgettable Twists… Including a Little Poppy-on-Poppy Action?!

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Sarah and Mark grow closer, Haddie and Alex grow apart, and Camille grows envious when Zeek lands his first commercial.

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | The Sons take another bold step toward thwarting Mayor Hale’s Charming Heights development, while Sheriff Roosevelt squeezes Juice (heh) for more intel. (BTW, if you’re questioning the Juice/SAMCRO racism element, Kurt Sutter has words to share with you.)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. scooterbeanbag says:

I can’t stand Brittany and hate Will/Emma, so I have a feeling I’m going to intensely dislike yet another installment of Glee. When the hell will Mercedes get her own featured story?

• Taylor says:

Have you not read anything about the upcoming episode? Mercedes gets a major story arc in this episode. Not to mention she gets a solo, duet, and main voice in a group number tonight.
      I’m surprised Matt didn’t include anything about Mercedes in the information :P

2. Marcus says:

I’m over Glee. New Girl and Raising Hope are now the highlights of my Tuesday nights. At least Harry Shum is hot, so I’ll have a reason to FF through this episode of Glee on my DVR…

3. Newo says:

NCIS aired in Canada last night. Good episode, McGee centric with some character back story. Nice change from the Gibbs or DiNozzo heavy episodes (not that those arent excellent episodes).

4. Michele says:

I am over glee too – it is such a sad thing cause I really liked it. I don’t like the characters anymore – the only relationship that I still love is Finn and Rachel. But it seems this is more the Kurt and other guy show now and is a turn off to me. I just can’t relate to it anymore. I related to the underdog, but it isn’t about that anymore. It has a different agenda – and it is nothing I can relate too. This is why Modern family wins and Big Bang for me :)

• Marcus says:

I hate looking like I’m on the same side as people who are disgusted by queer kids on TV. You should be over Glee because the writing blows, not because it’s about an “agenda” – which it’s not.

• Lacey says:

I have nothing against gay kids in general, it’s just Kurt annoys me and by extension so does Blaine. I loved season 1 but season 2 seemed like the Kurt show. Also Will is becoming intolerable, so I wish they would bring back Terri.

5. Fernando says:

90210: I’m loving college years. This is the best season yet. Ringer, Body Of Proof, and Parenthood

• scooterbeanbag says:

I’ve enjoyed 90210 more this season so far than all of last season. I’m already loving Noami’s arc and I’ve never been a big fan of hers.

6. Snapy says:

Just Ringer. I have given up on Glee. The first episode was bad, and last week’s was brutal to just try and sit through. Ugh.

NOT excited about Sarah Brown on Days. I’ve never enjoyed her. Way too brash.

7. deanna says:

Oh no, another Rachel plotting against her friends again. Give her a break, Glee writers!

8. Rebecca says:

The Ringer pilot is still my favorite, but there’s not been a bad episode yet. The set-up for this one is full of trouble for Bridget. Should be fun to watch!

Might catch Sarah Brown on Days. She was the best Carly by far on GH.

What I’m wondering is, how does Zeek get cast in a commercial? Well, I’ll find out tonight. It just seems… unlikely, especially for a show that is pretty realistic and typically focuses on bits of life that just about every family goes through. Not too many of us have had relatives cast in commercials, I’m sure.

9. D'Arcy says:

Such a boring night for me!

10. Pam says:

Who’da a thunk I would see an Ice Storm reference in my daily TV line up. It’s like peanut butter in my chocolate!

I will be watching the same crap I watch every week – Raising Hope and SoA. I like New Girl but hate Schmidt but my still watch this week due to the guest stars.

11. TJ says:

I wish Glee and it’s “look at me, I’m gay” mantra would fade away. Or, at the very least go back into the closet. One viewing of this piece of crap is an hour I’ll never get back.

12. VBarkley says:

Watching The Biggest Loser live; recording New Girl and Raising Hope, and watching them at 10PM. :D

13. Mia says:

The Ringer! It’s so soapy and sleek. Then SoA because it’s so soapy and gritty. Of course always starting with NCIS because Michael Weatherly is hot. Tuesday is such a great hot men night!

14. Renee says:

I’ve been looking forward to this NCIS episode. Can’t wait for it or NCIS LA.

15. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD PARENTHOOD PARENTHOOD. Unforgettable still isn’t my cup of tea and really a snooze-fest.

16. Gerald says:

Ringer! I agree Matt, last episode was the best yet. It just keeps improving and getting better and better with each episode.
    Matt, have you seen this episode? thoughts?

17. juan says:

I am loving parenthood with the marathon I just had saturday of the first three episodes. I think it has gotten funnier and I sorta hate haddie, seriously you drink right before you AA boyfriend is picking you up. Also love lauren Graham

18. Sunny says: