Following Dexter’s biggest premiere to date last Sunday, contract negotiations between Michael C. Hall and Showtime have reportedly come to an impasse.
According to our sister site Deadline, talks broke down after the two sides were unable to bridge a $4 million gap in Hall’s proposed new salary. (The new pact would be for two years.) That said, Team TVLine is optimistic they’ll soon reach an agreement given that Hall recently told us that he doesn’t “have any reason to believe that this sixth season will be [the show’s] last.”
Take TVLine’s poll below and let us know what you think about Dexter‘s future.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Alfre Woodard (True Blood, Memphis Beat) has landed a guest appearance on Grey’s Anatomy‘s, TVLine has confirmed. The veteran actress will play a famous novelist who is under Derek and Lexie’s care at Seattle Grace in this season’s eighth episode.
• It’s Spike and Cordelia! Together! As a married couple! TV Guide Magazine has a sneak peek of Buffy alums Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters on the Oct. 21 episode of Supernatural.
• Aaron Tveit will return to The CW’s Gossip Girl for multiple episodes as Nate Archibald’s skeevy politico cousin, Trip van der Bilt, Zap2it confirms.
• True Blood‘s Chris Bauer has landed a guest spot on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this fall. According to Vulture, the True Blood star will play the “manager of an off-shore oil rig who finds himself coming face-to-face with Danny and McGarrett when one of his men is murdered.”
• Grey’s Anatomy‘s Jason George will appear in The Closer’s winter finale (airing Dec. 26) as a businessman with ties to the neighborhood where Turell Baylor was killed last season, EW.com reports.
• Deadwood‘s Brad Dourif will guest star on ABC’s fantastical new series Once Upon a Time this fall as a beggar who befriends Rumpelstiltskin, per TVGuide.com.
• Oxygen has given the green light to three new docu-series: The Next Big Thing follows star-maker Trapper Felides as he helps performers break into the business; Brooklyn Crew examines a group a former friends and what tore them apart; and Tanisha Gets Married documents the wedding of Bad Girls Club star Tanisha Thomas.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?