Fall TV Preview

Up All Night: Jason Lee to Woo Maya Rudolph

Maya Rudolph’s Oprah-like Up All Night character is getting a man to call her own — and his name is Jason Lee.

The My Name Is Earl vet has landed what could turn into a recurring gig on NBC’s newest hit comedy, TVLine has confirmed. Rudolph’s talk show host will meet (and fall for) Lee’s single dad, who is described as a both sweet and good looking.

EW.com first reported the casting news.

Lee currently stars on TNT’s quirky cop drama Memphis Beat, which wrapped its second cycle in August and has yet to receive a Season 3 order from the cabler.

Up All Night airs Wednesdays at 8/7c.

Comments (6)

• Up All Night airs at 8pm

Comment by Soup – September 30, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Memphis Beat, so I hope it gets renewed. I haven’t watched Up All Night, but might start if Jason Lee is on. Hopefully he can be in both programs.

Comment by Bella – September 30, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love love love Jason Lee. He is wonderful on Memphis Beat. Of course as long as I can see him i’m happy. Thank you very much

Comment by susan goss – October 10, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jason Lee. I find Up All Night to be trying to hard and just not funny-they spend one whole episode fawning over their cool neighbors in a too-pathetic-to-be-funny way, yeesh. But I’ll be sure to watch if Jason is on. I like all the people on the show, but the writing just isn’t funny.

Comment by Plum – September 30, 2011 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Memphis Beat, can’t stand Up all night it’s just not funny.

Comment by Lorelle – October 1, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jason Lee in Memphis Beat. It’s lightyears better than my name is Earl. I truly hope Memphis Beats get’s a Green light. Only twinty episodes over two season are just to little for the lovers. I have not watched Up all night.. a bit overfull on the comedy side of watching television.

Comment by ReMMeZ – October 1, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post