TVLine Items: Chuck Premiere Pushed Back, Lost Boss' New Project, HIMYM Preview and More!

Warning, Chuck fans: You may want to go all kung fu on NBC after reading this next sentence: The show’s fifth (and final) season premiere has been pushed back.

The return of Chuck and the debut of freshman series Grimm have been delayed a week, and will now air on Friday, Oct. 28 in order to accommodate NBC’s two-day block of Halloween-themed programming. The net’s Thursday night comedy lineup (Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office and Whitney) kicks things off on Thursday, Oct. 27.

Speaking of Chuck, comic book king Stan Lee is set to appear in Episode 7 of the final season. According to Hitfix, Lee will encounter Charles B “in the most unexpected of places.”

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse has teamed with real-life pastor and author, Rob Bell, on a music-heavy spiritual drama for ABC, Vulture reports.

• Excited to meet Kal Penn’s therapist character on next Monday’s episode on How I Met Your Mother? E! Online has an early look at the shrink session via this link.

•  Heroes alums Greg Grunberg and Masi Oka will reunite on Hawaii Five-0 this fall, and CBS TV Studios Insider has an adorable behind-the-scenes picture of the two right here.

• Danny Masterson has landed the lead in pal Breckin Meyer’s TBS multi-cam comedy pilot, Men at Work, per Deadline. The That 70’s Show alum will star as a recently dumped nice guy looking to “reactivate his manhood.”

• Russell Brand (Arthur) will be the first guest on Rosie O’Donnell’s new OWN series, The Rosie Show, which premieres Oct. 10.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Rjmoons says:

That’s chucked up! We should be getting the series earlier plus more episodes if anything since Yvonne Strahovski is a movie star now.

2. Cameron says:

Awww, seems like forever since Chuck was last on.

As a side note, how many cameos has Stan Lee had at this point? I swear he appears in like half the movies I’ve seen.

3. sandee says:

As long as it’s shown period I’ll wait.

4. John says:

This is actually pretty smart on NBC’s part. I had assumed it was premiering late because of Halloween anyway, but having a two day programming push culminating with the premiere of Grimm right before Halloween is probably that show’s best chance of survival. NBC has to be strategic and creative with its scheduling, since premiere week has revealed that Greenblatt is going to have to carefully rebuild an audience over time (and that one magic show won’t suddenly make the network number one again. I remain optimistic for my favorite network.

• Alana says:

It dosen’t need survival… it’s already cancelled.. it’s ratings hardly matter to NBC. They’re basically only airing it now for the fanns.

• RecceR says:

He’s talking about Grimm’s chance of survival, which I agree with. I don’t really care for Chuck, but good for the fans that it gets an actual ending. NBC is really smart in doing this Halloween block; I hope they actually promote it though. They haven’t been doing too much of that for any of their shows lately.

5. Stefany says:

CHUCK ME! (And not in a totally Awesome Casey / Intersect kind of way…)

6. Kristina says:

Yes!! Love Greg Gunberg. And, I like the idea of a Halloween block; we’re already waiting so long for Chuck to come back another week really isn’t that big a deal.

• Aiden says:

Completely agree! Although the wait has been a bit excruciating, one week won’t hurt as much, especially if it’s in exchange for a well-promoted Halloween block. Yes, I know CHUCK’s fate has been decided already, but I still want my favorite little show to go out with decent ratings. I’m hopeful.

7. Gavin says:

Didn’t Daniel Dae Kim also work with Greg Grunberg (in Hawaii) on a little show called LOST? (Pilot)

8. Tabularasa says:

Daniel Dae Kim never had any scenes with Greg, at least to my knowledge. So it makes sense that they would make the Heroes connection.

9. Marisa says:

My mom is gonna be pissed about Chuck. It was premiering on her birthday and she was psyched. One week isn’t a big deal, but it’s still one week to be w/o Chuck!

10. zombie says:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *cries* why do they torture us??

• kristine c. says:

my thoughts exactly. :( ahhhhhhhhh.

• Dawn says:

Cause no one cares about Chuck. Never had, never will.

• Ciara says:

If only you knew how very funny that statement is.
        Chuck may not have a ‘big’ fanbase, but it has a damn loyal one, which is the reason there was a collective roar the second they revealed the shows end…and also why the network was smart enough to give us an ending. Call it what you want, but that is utter respect. Even a stuggling network had too much love to just end it without a finish to the story.

• kristine c. says:

I agree Ciara! Chucksters are the most loyal fans ever. :)

• Aiden says:

Great response, Clara. CHUCK fans are a unique bunch, and our show definitely had a peculiar run. If there’s one thing nobody can say, though, is that no one cared about this fantastic show. The upcoming season 5 is just for us fans, and that’s just a single testament of how loyal people and even the network has been to this little show that could.

11. kristine c. says:

sad that Chuck premiere is pushed back a week further:( but yeah,good things come to those who wait. Marking Oct. 28 in my calendar.

12. Tania says:

I’m surprised that Chuck is still even around for a final season. This series was cute during the first season. However, it grew very tired very quickly.

13. brandon williams says:

Alot of people care about chuck that’s why it been on for seven seasons and people hoping for a movie.

• kristine c. says:

sadly, it’s only for five seasons. :) but I have to agree on people hoping for a movie. That would totally be (for the lack of a better word) AWESOME. :))