Supernatural Shocker: What Did You Think of This Week's Big Twists?

This Friday night’s episode of The CW’s Supernatural was titled “Hello, Cruel World,” and — spoiler alert, do not read further until you have seen the show! — what a cruel twist of fate it indeed presented to, among others, Castiel (played by Misha Collins, who is no longer a series regular).

Supernatural Exclusive: Misha Collins Won’t Be a Series Regular for Season 7

After admitting he was in the wrong and asking for Dean’s forgiveness in the Season 7 premiere, it seemed like Cas was within redemption’s reach. But then the Leviathans took over and took him for a ride in this week’s installment, eventually apparently bursting right outta the guy, leaving nothing behind but a wet trenchcoat. Dean, in particular, looked crestfallen by the loss of one of his best friends, as Bobby put it. But is Cas really gone for good? The door — or should I say the water supply into which he supposedly dissolved — seems to have been left open a crack. Or perhaps that unexpectedly quiet exit really was the last of Cas.

But there’s very little time for grieving on Supernatural, especially since the new baddies, the Leviathan, had made their way into the water pipes, aka the “highway to anywhere.” They eventually take up residence in a man who works in demolition (symbolic, isn’t it?) and, in the show’s tradition of using little kids to creepy effect, a pint-sized girl. But she doesn’t like being so small and morphs into “Dr. Sexy” — a great nod to Season 5’s stellar “Changing Channels” — before gobbling him up with those scary Leviathan claw-like mouths. Sheriff Mills, who’s currently a patient at Dr. Sexy’s hospital, spies him feeding on his own patient and calls Bobby for help. And these Leviathan? They also have a boss, and he doesn’t seem to want their bloody messes in the paper. Hmm, who could be the big bad boss of the oldest monsters?

Supernatural Season 7 Preview: Dean’s Rocky Road, Sam’s Lost Marbles, Castiel’s Killer Spree

Meanwhile, Sam is “tripping on Hell’s bells,” seeing hallucinations of Lucifer while reloading his gun over and over and over. As far coping mechanisms go, it’s a total failure. Lucifer takes on Dean’s form and tricks Sam into following him to a warehouse. Lucifer-as-Dean tells Sam he’s not the first hunter to go bonkers and that he’s “never going to be OK.” Granted, Lucifer is trying to mess with Sam’s head, but he’s not completely off base. Think about all the Winchesters have been through — trips to hell, numerous deaths, lost loved ones, horrible sights of violence and goriness, and the constant struggle and weight of trying to save the world. If they didn’t go a little nuts, then I’d be worried. Luckily, the real Dean arrived before it was too late and convinced Sam that he was only hallucinating Lucifer’s presence (complete with snarky commentary).

But Cas’ “disappearance” would not be the only strong hint at loss. Towards the episode’s end, Dean and Sam arrived at Bobby’s home to find it ravaged by a blaze — seemingly with the boys’ bud inside, seeing as Dean couldn’t even reach him on his very, very private line. (“You’ve reached a number you should not have.”) This could be the most devastating blow to the boys yet. Not only have they lost their only home base, but also possibly their lone “family” member. Here’s hoping Bobby’s car was slow and he didn’t make it home before whoever it was — and just who would want to torch Bobby’s place? Leviathan? — set the fire.

On top of it all, the episode left us on another cliffhanger, as Sam’s injuries in the episode-ending scuffle with one big bad (and seemingly revived) Leviathan made him susceptible anew to Lucifer’s torment. That in turn made Sam start seizing in the ambulance, while Dean realized that they were being taken to the last hospital they’d want to be “treated” at — the one overtaken by the monstrous, gnarly teethed Leviathans. I’m pretty sure we can still hear Dean yelling, “Noooo!”

Supernatural Scoop: Road Trip‘s D.J. Qualls Annoys Dean

For an episode so early on in the season, the boys were left with many big blows — the loss of Cas, the release of the seemingly indestructible Leviathan, Sam’s issues upstairs, the destruction of Bobby’s place and possibly the man too, and, like a cruel cherry on top, a broken leg for Dean. The obstacles are starting to pile up for the Winchesters, and they sure do feel insurmountable. And I can’t help feeling like Dean is about to crack too, especially after his “not [doing] good” phone call to Bobby.

Supes fans, is Dean about to lose it? What did you think of Cas’ exit? Who do you think is the Leviathan boss? And what do you make of Sam and Bobby’s fates?

1. Mae says:

I LOVED it! So much love for this episode.

The show finally feels like my show again. This season so far has been spectacular.

I especially loved the scene in the warehouse where Dean was talking Sam down.

Can’t wait for next week!

• Cheryl says:

Totally agree Mae! After seasons of waiting it finally felt like my show again. Love that scene too.

• Eli says:

I’m sorry but i can’t with all of the people saying how great it was. Do you people even have eyes??!!! They’re doing the same stuff over and over again.

– OMG! A New evil we don’t know how to beat, because that never happened with yellow-eyes, lillith, lucifer, the mother, etc…

– OMG, a ton of ‘evils’ escaped and now we have to hunt them through the season, because that never happened with the demons from S3 and the original monsters from S6.

– Sam in trouble and Dean being the hero/voice of reason. We’ve been through this since season 2 ‘OMG, i have demon blood, OMG, i’m a junkie, OMG, i’m lucifer, OMG, i don’t have a soul!’

– They’re killing fan favorite characters, because that’s never happened before with Jo, Ellen, Rufus, John, Mary, Ash, Gabe, Adam, Balthazar, Meg. etc. etc. etc… Also, it’s quite obvious Castiel will be back.

This is my fav. show, i love it, but really, doesn’t matter how bad you like it, you gotta admit it’s NOT GOOD! Yes, i like a bad show! So what. Just because i like it i’m not gonna pretend it’s the best show out there.

• Rebecca says:

It’s Supernatural and those are the key ingredients of the show jeesh. If everything was hunky dory then it wouldn’t be the show it’s supposed to be. Instead of griping about EVERYTHING look for the good (you must like something to be watching) or stop watching. Let the rest of us enjoy the badassness of the show & lovefest of the Winchester brothers that we love

• wazza says:

well your kinda right but its the way supernatural is writen its still agood show just cus they use similar ideas dosent make it bad and for your information if you follow the fan page there bringing alot of the old cast back and filling in some old plot holes like jo is comin back along with bella chuck and adam we never really knew what happened to bella and in this season were guna find out and lets face it if it was real life wud we know how to kill somethin like that no we wudnt so if you dont like people saying its brilliant then dont read it and it just goes to show your not a true fan of the show because you cant even see past the main story line to the deeper meaning underneath about how no matter what familly always finds a way

• Sofia says:

totally agree with you Eli. there’s NOTHING new here. It was boring and redundant. They just lost me.

• guest says:

I actually had more fun this week than most of last season. I do hope they end on a high note. I wouldn’t call this show bad at all, I’ve seen worse. (and more predictable)

• Chad says:

That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. That’s like watching an episode of House and being upset because they’re diagnosing a disease again. Or like watching Grey’s Anatomy and being all like,”they’re doing surgery again?”or like watching Criminal Mindsa and getting bent out of shape because they’re hunting down another serial killer.Get a clue, idiot.

• Ryan says:

This is kinda ridiculous. Do you watch any other television? Ever watch Buffy?? Here’s the way the season goes. Life is good, big baddie enters, beats around heroes, heroes rally to find weakness and defeat big baddy. End season with character development and set seeds for next season.

BTW they use this with comic books and other popular shows. It’s a very formulaic way to make television and stories. Congrats though, you just pointed out the obvious when it comes to this show! Buy yourself a cookie.

• Rain388 says:

Thank you. I love the show and will watch until the end, but I’m willing to admit when it’s bad and this week was BAD. I just don’t get why so many people are wetting themselves over it, I would love it if someone could explain to me what was so fantastic about this episode because I’m just not seeing it.

• nicky says:

Couldn’t agree more. Finally, after the past seasons, it felt like it used to in seasons 1 and 2. And the evil villain seemed to actually be one worthy to be afraid of. I was seriously impressed.

I can’t wait for next week either. OMG

2. Laura says:

I don’t think much of them at all. I thoroughly resent being lied to by Sera Gamble. Since Cas’s “death” was left open-ended I’m sure he’ll be back, especially if the show barely exceeds 2m viewers like the premier. When that happens I’ll be back too.

• Sivat says:

LOL! Because Cas, who’s not even a Winchester brother, makes or breaks the show. Hahaha!!!

• Michelle says:

Dean called Cas his brother. That’s good enough for me.

• samgirl101 says:

Your pathetic,Cas is gone for good do u understand.So say good buy to your constipated angel.All he does is steel air time from Sam.

• Clem says:

Yeah er, if you’re gonna insult people you could at least have the courtesy to do so with good grammar. Just sayin’
            And I hated it. Well, it wasn’t a bad episode, but I feel like they gave us so much hope for Cas’ redemption last week to let us fall harder this week. NO ME GUSTA.

• Sivat says:

Agreed. Not only do I hate Castiel, but I also can’t stand his sad little fans.

• Jeff says:

LOL. You truly are a dummy. First of all, if you’re going to call someone pathetic for something like that, learn proper grammar and spelling.

Second of all, the only thing that is “pathetic” is the fact that you’re an annoying little fangirl for Sam. He doesn’t “steal” (not “steel” — idiot) time from Sam.

And you’re an idiot if you think Cas is gone for good. It’s actually annoyingly obvious that he’ll be back.

• Jeff says:

Uh, no. Sorry, but no. Cas is just as important to the show now as Dean or Sam. He IS one of the brothers and he’s a fantastic character.

• Hali says:

Yes, because he’s biologically related to them and the show started off being about his relationship to them. /sarcasm.

• Ruby says:

Yeah, because it’s not like this show existed for THREE SEASONS before Cas showed up or anything. Seriously. It’s not the show’s fault you’re so obsessed with Misha Collins, so quit acting like it is.

• Anna says:

Same. To be honest, Castiel was the only thing that kept me interested on the show through the awful season 6. And yesterday’s episode looked like one of S6 episodes… it was just same old, same old. I’m sorry, but without Cas, that was the one that brought some humour to the show (and God, this show needs some humour, friggin tired of all the drama), I just can’t keep up with SPN anymore. And I’m so upset because it’s my favorite show. So it pains me to see how awful it has become.

3. Toni says:

I LOVED tonight’s Supernatural. It felt very old school, very familiar.

Lots of brotherly love (Which I have missed SO SO much) and lots of Sam and Dean moments.

I thought it was amazing. Season six did not a thing for me but season seven, two episodes in, has made up for that already. It feels like Supernatural again.

• Sivat says:

Agreed. I feel the exact same way.

• Cheryl says:

Lots of brotherly love and lots of Sam and Dean moments. Supernatural has its heart back again and it’s wonderful.

• kme says:

So they give you some pathetic brotherly scenes and suddenly you’re all “omgz supernatural is amAzIng” even if the storyline is plain boring and there’s nothing new about it. Give me a break….

• Nic says:

It wasn’t boring for me. The big bad gave me chills. The brotherly love moments were great. “Lucifer” scenes were amazing.

I loved the episode. Can’t wait for next week.

4. Belinda says:

All I can say is Cas better be back because if he’s gone then that was the lamest exit I have ever seen!

• samgirl101 says:

U silly troll,cas this cas that I’m fete up, good buy cas and don’t let the door hit u on ur way out .Hahaha.

• david says:

And alot of the viewers went through that door with him. The people wanting season 1 to 3 retreads will die wondering when the show gets canned at the end of this year. No Cas, no show. The viewers have spoken. Suck it up.

• Anius says:

they certainly lost me as a viewer. And the ratings aren’t very good, so if they don’t bring Cas ASAP, and I mean the old Cas, you can all kiss season 8 goodbye, because there’s no way they will do another season if they have less than 2million viewers. So yeah, amazing season so far, you can really tell from the ratings. Yep… /sarcasm

• Freedomwatcher38 says:

And it’s Cas fans like you guys that make me hate Cas… If you only watched the show for Cas you weren’t a real SPN fan just a Cas fan. Nothing wrong with going back to season 1-3 that is what made the show famous in-case you people forgot.

Remember a lot of people stopped watching the show because of the overuse of Cas/Angel story line, it became so much of them and less of the brothers.

But hey keep on being rude to everyone else who doesn’t like Cas, not everyone has to like the guy…

• Anna says:

go and take a look at the ratings before talking. Season 2 and 3 started to lose viewers over the years. And then it increased significantly on season 4!

• Gram says:

Criminy! What a bunch of whining! Suck it up and enjoy the show just for what it has always had from DAY ONE ……. Some snarky humor! Some awesomely creepy Supernatural creatures! Some unique ways of undoing the bad guys …..and at the heart of it all…two brothers who despite all their differences and life-altering experiences still know Family is the Most Important Part of Life. It’s family and relationships and loyalty that you cling to when life’s a bitch!

Last two years there was all the whining about how “lame” the angel and demon threads were. Before that it was all the bitching about Ruby and Bela. Just for one season, I would love to see people who enjoyed the show for what it is ……a well-written, expertly directed and beautifully acted escape from tiresome procedural cop shows and worse yet…..reality TV……. and our small lives.

How about if we try to show a little respect for the brilliant writers, directors and the talented actors who carry this show week after week, month after month and year after year with no real accolades except from a few LOYAL fans.

You know if all of you think you can produce something SO MUCH BETTER…start writing…. acting… directing… Show us what geniuses you are.

• Hali says:

Since when did this become the Cas show? Go re-watch seasons 1-3 and tell me there’s no show without Cas. *rolls eyes*.

• CA says:

Belinda is a troll because she commented that she thought Castiel’s “death” was lame? At least she knows hoe to spell samgirl101. You come across as one of the worse kind of SPN fans — the one that assumes the show is all about one character when it’s not. And then you come onto forums and decided to be mean to other posters, and using bad grammar to boot. You and your type are the reason the some view SPN viewers and posters as the nastiness out there in the entertainment world. So grow up!

• Cheryl says:

Anna, the show lost it’s highest number of fans in the 4th season ( over a million viewers) Thats one quarter of the fandom and the reason they left is that’s when the show stopped being about the brothers,which is why most people watch. It lost another half million in Season 5 and another half in Season 6. Because the brotherhood was still MIA. Sinking below 2 million viewers is why kripke and Gamble did a sharp about face Mid Season 6 fearing they’d lose more fans and reinstated the heart of this show the brotherly love. It’s why they seriously went public with that news trying to save the show they drove into the ditch and didn’t bother trying to get out of for seasons too long. They were too late to get back a lot of viewers that had it with the Angel mythology being shoe horned in seasons too long. That’s why the ratings aren’t moving as almost 3 seasons without the brothers and that uncredited third character their relationship had been long enough of a wait for many so they bailed. You can check the ratings for Season 4 at many sites this is one of them.

Supernatural’s Season 4 began with 3.96 viewers and steadily declined until the finale which pulled in 2,89 million

• Jeff says:

… She’s a troll because she commented that she hopes Cas comes back?

You are the dumbest person I’ve ever seen type. Good “buy” Cas? “Fete” up? I hope you’re no older than 11 years old.

• Meesh says:

lol this samgirl101 makes me laugh. I bet she’s one of those 14 year olds who just watch the show because Jared and Jensen are hot. Go play with barbies.

5. Lindsay says:

Wow what a twist. Do we seriously have to wait 7 days to see what happens?

6. Dillys says:

What did I think? I thought it was a terrible ending for an epic character like Castiel, Angel of the Lord, who gave up everything for the Winchesters and died over and over for them. That was it? I was very disappointed that after being told Cas was in the first 2 eps, all we got was about 2 seconds in the opening of this episode. I’m really disappointed in Ben Edlund. He always wrote Cas so well.

• Brooke says:

Why do you think it’s the end? It’s Supernatural. Just like Buffy/Angel, no one is ever really gone for good. Plus, we didn’t see either Castiel’s OR Bobby’s body, and that’s always a clue in any television show or movie that they’re not actually dead.

7. Melanie says:

I loved it! It was a great episode. I can’t wait for next week!

8. Rob says:

Hope sara gamble isn’t gambling!

9. I Heart Damon Salvatore (and Chuck Bass) says:

I refuse to believe Cas is gone. We did not see him blow up. No, when he got in the water, he puked out the Leviathans, did a strip tease for some lucky fishes and that’s why he no longer has his coat.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. *plugs ears and turns away from those who say Cas is dead* Lalalalalala, I can’t hear you!

• Rowan says:

I agree, because we never saw Cas die, it leaves the door open for yet another resurrection. I am sure we won’t see him for most of the season, then they’ll surprise us. Meanwhile I’ll miss Cas like crazy and see if this season is better than season 6. It hasn’t been the same since Kripke left and I’m not a big fan of Sera’s writing. Ben Edund, however is awesome.

• Coleen Kilroy says:

I want to be that bubble guppy! Cas has to come fix Dean’s gimpy leg and Sammy’s psychobabble brain! Castiel must live!!!

• Brooke says:

And even if we DID see him blow up, we saw that in the season 5 finale, too. And that sure didn’t stop him from returning.

10. Desiree Lopez says:

i thought the episode was amazing, the twist and turns were great. This episode reminded me of why I feel in love with the show in the first place. The Winchester Brothers being brothers, this show was built on Sam & Dean and tonight showed once again that no matter what the boys will always look out for each other. I think the Leviathans are going to be a pain in the butt, this season,but I am looking forward to it. Sam with his broken wall & Dean with all he has on his shoulders should make up for one hell of a season in my book. I love Misha I do and he will be missed (if this is his last episode) but he is not the reason I watch the show. All & all an awesome episode :)

11. Tiffany says:

I loved it! They seem to be fond of the cliffhangers this season, and moreso that in past seasons.

12. GLuisa88 says:

I have no words. Awesome episode- so hard hitting!

Both Jensen and Jared knocked it out of the park.

13. GLuisa88 says:

To those who complain about Cas’ exit:

No body, no crime.

Come on guys, he’s not gone yet!

14. Hudson says:

Kind of a boring episode. Black oil/Leviathans – didn’t I see that on the x-philes? Lucifer was fun but without Cas, don’t know if I will keep watching.

15. cheve says:

BRING OUT THE CHAPAGNE CAS IS FINALLY GONE AND WE FINALLY HAVE OUR SHOW BACK.

Season 1 Sam and Dean look for there father

Season 7 Sam and Dean look for Bobby

THE OLD DAYS R BACK

• Max Winchester says:

Its spelled champagne ,and I liked cas .But your right on one thing there was a big resemblance with season 1.

• Sivat says:

I hope so! I effin’ haaaaaaaate Castiel!!!

• Joe says:

We know you hate Cas Sivat–that is about all you contribute every thread. Please stop pushing your view all the time…it gets tired and juvenile. How old are you? A lot don’t agree with you.

• Anna says:

it’s people like you, full of hate, that destroys this fandom. You are pathetic. Even if you don’t like a character, have respect for the people that do and are mourning him. Go do something useful, instead of spreading you venom all over.

16. Liz says:

Wow. So they got rid of Cas to avoid redundancy and bring fresh ideas back into the storyline.

I see.

I’m out.

17. Holly says:

Supernatural has been so boring the last two years. I hated the first two episode of this season, I think I’m officially done with it.

18. Helga says:

Can someone find out Misha Collin’s episode count? Yeah, that’s all I care about. Anyone???

• Brooke says:

They’ve probably been keeping mum on it just to avoid spoilers. Annoying fans whine about the show’s writers “lying” to them, but do we REALLY expect that they’re going to spill the beans with casting spoilers? I’d rather be surprised, and the writers are smart to keep quiet.

19. Mikaylah says:

I haven’t watched this episode yet, but I am a big fan of Castiel/Misha Collins, so I hope we see him again.

20. Brandy says:

LOVED IT!! Amazing episode. While I love Cas, I am not totally sure that he is gone – he was an angel after all, no special silver stick showed up, so I’m going to wait and see on that one! Dean & Sam with the banter, Bobby with the Idjit, Dean with his couples yoga, I could go on and on. So good! Loved how Jensen played the “devil” Dean. I know Bobby will show up at just the right moment. I can’t wait for next week!

21. deanna says:

SERA YOU BETTER NOT MESSING AROUND WITH MY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYSSS!!!!!!!!!!! my creys.

22. Kat says:

I liked it, definitely had more of the horror feel with the big really bad guys actually killing people and not invisible angels fighting off in heaven. Hopefully they can get a little further with Sam, because i can’t take him being whiny and needy again all season. Last season, all about the wall in his head and all, it got kind of old. I don’t think Bobby or Cas is gone, they are just trying to make the Leviathans super scary and the boys alone with neither of their usual last minute saviors that they come to really depend on. I like that they are going back to the scaries on earth, etc. The pace was good too.

• aurembiaix says:

Yes and yes to that!! Isn’t it possible to simply like love this show and its progress, to love the brothers (both!!) AND Cas, without wanting the old times back, or hating one of the characters?? Isn’t it just possible to enjoy full stop? Because I do. I must be hallucinating…

23. Bob says:

To be honest i think they could have done the leviathans somewhat different. I personally think the idea of a “Boss” kinda of ruins it for me. However i felt like these 2 episodes were pretty solid and its building up to show how the boys are truly in the worst position only 2 episodes in. And lest be real i’m sure Cas will return they owe him some redemption

24. amber says:

bring my castiel baaaaack!!!

25. iori says:

Cass is not dead he better be looking for the weapons from heaven or balthazar weapons….he’ll be back dont worry…

26. Michelle says:

Honestly, I thought it was meh. If that’s the end of Cas (which I sincerely hope it isn’t), then shame on you, Sera. Cas deserved better. The Sam/Dean dynamic has been done TO DEATH. (no pun intended) Having them bounce off Cas brought a much needed freshness Sam and Dean as individuals and as brothers. And now we’re back to square one. Sam’s broken/angsty and big brother Dean has to save him. Yawn.

• robert says:

and the funny part is that Sera Gamble said they don’t want redundant storylines. She has got to be kidding, right?

27. Dee Dee says:

What a horrible way to kill off Castiel! The only good part about his death was seeing Dean’s reaction to it. He was clearly very upset over the loss of his friend. When he leaned down and pulled Castiel’s trench coat out of the water, I thought that was such a sweet gesture and a moving acknowledgement of their friendship. As always, Jensen Ackels played the scene perfectly.

It’s nice to see the brothers back in synch with each other, but Dean and Castiel’s friendship will be sorely missed. Jensen and Misha Collins had amazing chemistry together and I’m very sad to see that end. Unlike many, I never felt that the angels/demons storyline and Castiel’s role on the show were mutually inclusive. There were any number of ways they could have dropped the heaven/hell/purgatory stuff and still kept Cas around … but I guess they just didn’t want to.

I honestly don’t know what I feel about the show anymore, but right now it’s definitely not enthusiasm. :-(

• Carrie says:

I don’t think Cas is really dead. I’m sure Misha Collins will be back.

• Corinne says:

I agree. He maybe currently dead, but Cas exploding into a liquid doesn’t mean God won’t restore him like in “Swan Song”. I really don’t see them offing such a fan favorite with such ambiguity. Personally I think TPTB get off on reading fanatic rants on these tv sites, and they just wanted to add more fuel to the fire.

28. Ruby says:

Phenomenal episode. So happy this show is back, and it really does feel like old school SPN. Great performances all around, too. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

29. Sarah says:

Let me guess, we’re going to find out Cas is the boss of the leviathans , the season will end with the real Castiel(and his Vessel) being saved and the leviathans will be destroyed. Like the last 2 years the show will end in a predictable way. not a single important character( Cas, Dean, Bobby or Sam) will be killed off.

Goodbye Supernatural.
    Congrats on being the most repetitive show on television

• Drew says:

Predictable would have been stopping Lucifer and Michael and saving the day, walking away unharmed. Not Adam coming back, Sam taking a header into the cage, and coming back without a soul. Sorry, this is not how TV shows normally play things. By TV rules, Sam was supposed to be fine a few episodes later, not falling apart in season 7.

Also, how do you call season 6 predictable? You saw it coming when the season began? Really? Sam without a soul, you figured out (without reading spoilers)? Castiel absorbing the bad purgatory souls… you saw that coming when the season started? Season 6 was the least predictable season of all, which was why I think so many people didn’t like it. It’s the only season where the whole story wasn’t setup and the mission wasn’t explained in the first episode.

The show has never followed the rules of how TV shows are supposed to play out and that’s what makes it great.

• Lisa says:

I think that many people didn’t like Season 6 so much not because it was “unpredictable,” but because they were weary of the the whole god/angels meta plot line and/or missed the “good old days” of monster hunting road trips. I have heard quite a few people say that they liked Supernatural better before it went off into the whole “war in heaven” storyline, or that they miss seeing Sam and Dean as a real team, solving creepy mysteries and killing monsters. There was hope that after averting the apocalypse the show might return to its roots. And while the individual Season 6 plot elements may not have been predictable, the *character* elements seem to have been stuck in a rut for some time now: Dean is angsty and worn down by dealing with everything going on, and something’s wrong with Sam.

• Joanna says:

erm, no. I’m a huge Cas fan and of the angel storyline and season 6 was the most horrible thing I have ever seen on Supernatural. And I know a buttload of people that think the same way and are also Cas fans. So no, I think EVERYONE hated season 6, the Cas fans and the Sam and Dean Show fans, because they ruined the characters and there were so many plot holes I can’t even count them all.

• Drew says:

Actually, I liked season 6 a lot. If you could list some of the plot holes, I’d appreciate it because I really didn’t see to many things that I didn’t like. I wish they’d mentioned Adam more. I’m not a fan of what they did to Lisa and Ben in the end. But the overall storylines, I liked.

We can’t go back to season 1. We can’t have Sam and Dean riding around and pretending that they didn’t both spend decades in Hell. I wish they can find some way to deal with their issues, but I don’t want them to write off Dean’s being worn down, because that’s right for the character. I don’t want them to pretend that Sam isn’t going to be incredibly messed up by this point, because that would not be true to the character. After everything that’s happened, they are where they need to be. The question is, can they ever come back from this? I don’t know. Some people who go off to fight wars are never the same. Some manage to heal. We’ll have to see how this goes.

What I like about this season is that even though they’re messed up, Sam and Dean are on the same side. There’s no distrust. There’s no hostility so far. Last season, when Sam didn’t have a soul, it made sense that Dean didn’t trust him. This year, it’s nice to have the real (though messed up) Sam back.

• Brooke says:

I did not hate season 6. It was still better than most things on television.

• Impala says:

SPN is about breaking the rules.I loved season 6 and I thank you Drew for your comment.I think you are right,nobody liked season 6 because they couldn’t predict what was going to happen.

30. Max Winchester says:

I thought the episode lived up to expectations.I really liked the way they made Cas explode in the water,but I don’t think its the last we see of him in the season.Possible Cas is inhabited by the boss of the Leviathans.One thing is for sure there not clumsy stupid monsters in fact there very smart organized under a ranking system and just evil.I was expecting Sam to overcome his Hell trauma but was in shock when Lucifer appeared in the ambulance.I don’t mind that they drag the SAM Lucifer story a bit,its kind of creepy and gives the show a darker scarier edge to it.Now Bobby’s missing and its season 1 all over again.With that being said we can also expect a bit of fire in Deans belly,with bobby being threatened gives a perfect opportunity to unleash bad as Dean.I’m kind of tired of seeing Dean toned down,and Sam in pain.I want the Winchesters back at the top of there game and we all know when that happens(Big feeling its going to happen soon)not even the devil himself can beat them.What scares me is it docent look like the Leviathans are underestimating the boys.As soon as Bobby’s encounter at the hospital happen the Leviathans reacted very fast. Bobby’s house is burnt,Sam is still struggling with Lucifer’s mind f***,Deans falling apart and just broke his leg.It cant get any worst,I just hope the Winchesters superglue them selves back together.Maby Cas isn’t the only friend there going to loose this year.

31. stacey says:

I haven’t seen this episode yet, and it makes me sad, but to all of you who have negative things to say about the show and its characters, maybe it would be a good thing if you stopped watching it. SPN is a show unlike every other show on right now. I feel that it has a little bit of everything in it. Cas was a great character in his own right, his aquardness made him lovable and funny. And if Dean and Sam can die, and be brought back to life a million times, i guarentee that we won’t see the last of Cas. The one thing that I think I would like to see is a confrontation with GOD. That might be a nice twist to end the season. I could just picture Dean going off on him about a number of things. I will agree that the angle thing was getting a bit old, and I’m glad it’s over but I would like to see a little more old school SPN, fighting different monsters and legends than this whole, we’ve got a set group we are going against. I liked the first episode of this season, and I say keep up the good work, I want to see another 7 seasons of the most creative show on tv right now. GO SPN

32. shannon says:

I WANT CAS BACK .. like right away i want him to zap in and heal dean and sammy .. NOW

33. Shannanigans says:

Tonight’s episode was epic! It had everything. Broken Sam, tortured yet awesome big bro Dean, fatherly Bobby. I will miss Misha, but no one is ever actually “dead” on our show. Maybe he’ll be back! Loved it, and thank you TVLine.com for posting about the awesomeness that is SUPERNATURAL!

34. Max Winchester says:

The line of the night had to have been when Lucifer told Sam he was his bitch.

35. wtfisthisshow says:

Lol who didn’t predict this happening?

36. samgirl101 says:

HAY CAS GOODBUY

• Max says:

Hun, it’s written “good bye” and btw. I’m sure they’ll bring the character back. Misha atracted a lot of viewers and if they would loose him forever it’ll be a financial disaster for the show.

• Nimue says:

Samgirl101, you don’t fool me. You can spout your supposed pro-Sam and anti-Cas comments all you like. The fake spelling and grammatical errors, not to mention the immaturity and stupidity, are merely designed to make actual Supernatural fans look bad and to give your fellow obsessive 1-2 Dean-Cas fans something to respond to. How many of you are there posting under multiple names? You all truly need psychiatric help.

37. Trina says:

I loved it. Sam and Dean were heartbreaking and Bobby was awesome. I hope that’s not the end if Cas though.

38. Melody says:

I stopped breathing, and I don’t want to start again. Bobby and Cas gone in the same episode – NO!!! Dean’s message to Bobby about strapping Sam and himself into a car and then killing themselves was just too much. I believe he’d do it. Somebody find Bobby now!! [Spoiler] Thankfully in the promo pics for next week Bobby is featured so I can start to breath again. Thank goodness. It was an amazing episode, so dark and menacing and I’m definitely feeling terrified for my boys.

39. Freedomwatcher38 says:

I loved the episode it was fantastic from start to finish, a few things I didn’t see coming.

However; I will agree with those above, Cas isn’t really gone… =) Chin up guys Cas will return, one day!

40. Brian says:

Hate to bring it to all THE castiel haters here but he will be back in the 7th episode maybe more after that?
    BTW Jo Wil make a guest appearance to

• samgirl101 says:

JO is going to be back really Brian u r so smart,u r the first person to find this out.Gold star for Brian.Its September 30 and Brian decides to let everyone know that JO will make a guest appearance.Thanks Brian BTW your like 6 months to late.Hahahahahaha

• Jeff says:

What a dumb cunt this girl is.

• Anna says:

just ignore her, she’s probably a ten year old lol

• Nimue says:

She’s a fake. In actuality, she’s an obsessive Dean-Cas fan who is trying to inflame people in this comment section. Her fellow Dean-Cas obsessives (to be differentiated from the majority of Dean and Cas fans) post under multiple names on assorted websites whenever there is a Supernatural article. In responding to her idiocy, you are playing directly into her hands.

• anya says:

you lost me. She’s a Cas/Dean fan and she’s posting Cas hate? and how the heck do you know that?

41. Carm says:

Why are so many acting like almost if not all characters on SN have not died and been brought back to life? And since it was announced months ago that Misha Collins would not be a series regular this season, why so angry? I like SN as long as Sam and Dean are around (because that is the show I started watching in the first place).

• Carrie says:

I wasn’t even worried when they announced that Misha wouldn’t be a regular anymore because I was sure they’d bring him back. You’re right that ‘dead’ characters always come back on this show. Also, even as a regular, he wasn’t in every episode. The show is about the Winchester brothers and that’s why I keep watching.

42. Bo says:

Supernatural copy the movie terminator I and II. Just missing the Dean say “Hasta la vista, baby!” And cas go back and say I´ll be back or rather I came back.:P

43. Carrie says:

I thought tonight’s episode was great and the cliffhangers were totally unexpected. I feel bad about Bobby’s home, but I think he’s still alive. I wonder if Sam’s head injury will end up alleviating his hallucinations somehow? I enjoyed Lucifer’s reappearance, but Sam obviously can’t go on like that forever.

• Juttabird says:

Really, SAm can’t go on like that? have any of you seen Farscape or the new Battlestar? Main characters in both those shows had hallucinations as companions….

44. john says:

the show when Kirpke was around had a plan and at the end of season 5 everything had a meaning.Now is more like as tide goes kind of thing.As for Cas the vessel exploded not he.It’s Supernatural noone really dies.

45. Geordiegirl1967 says:

Brilliant episode. Tense, exciting, filled with genuine peril (now they don’t have a resurrection angel on speed dial), great acting particularly by theJs, moving moments and brotherly love (which has been severely lacking) and brave storytelling. To get rid of Cas (although I am sure not permanently), torch one of their main sets, and make one of the main characters almost insane all in a couple of eps, shows that these writers are still going all out to give us a great, fresh story. I thought it was, possibly, even better than last weeks.

It is amazing that a show that has been around this long is still producing such brilliant quality stuff. It may not have a big budget, but it is made with love and it shows.

46. fiona says:

I kinda wished they extended the Cas is God arc as an overarching one in the series (like he could’ve been gone most of the season but was actually involved in the plot) I feel cheated that what could have been an interesting twist where the anti-hero to good guy to bad guy plot ended within 65 minutes (counting commercials).

Sigh, I love all four main guys (Dean and Sam obviously, AND Bobby and Cas as support) and I hope Cas will be back eventually. I’m thinking the head Leviathan actually took Cas’ body and then there will be a body struggle between Cas and the head Leviathan near the end.

On the other side, the ending was good, felt like season 1 cliffhanger so it brought back good memories =)

47. john says:

Pretty shure Cas will be back.
    Not so shure about Misha though.

48. dave1234543 says:

Bobby is not dead because of 1 simple explanation….. we did NOT see him die.

• luis says:

and maybe the fact that in the pictures that got leaked from episode 3 shows bobby in front of dean at the hospital

49. Eric says:

Most people are saying oh thank god they got rid of cas , whats the point on saying that all they are gonna do is add someone new to the cast. Ever since season 4 its been all about SAM!Keeping secrets and Dean gets mad , Sam explains himself. Its like a recurring cycle since season 4.

50. Ashley says:

I’ve only watched “Supernatural” sporadically since season 5 (when the angels-and-demons storyline started gobbling up the rest of the show), but they’ve regained one regular viewer if this episode is an indicator of what the rest of the season is like. I don’t believe Castiel – or at least Misha Collins – is gone for good, what with all the none-so-cryptic references to “the boss”, and I hope Bobby isn’t; but the show seems to be getting back to all the elements that made me fall in love with it in the first place: humor, excitement, good old-fashioned scary, gory monsters, the messed-up Winchester brothers against the word, and the glorious brotherly chemistry between Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalacki.

• Melody says:

I couldn’t agree more. I haven’t been watching sporadically, I’m a devoted fan who longs for her Winchester fix, but I have to say that these past two episodes have been some of the best in a long time. Season six was a bit of a struggle, not that it didn’t have some great episodes, but with this new season we are not just getting back to the basics we all loved in seasons one and two, but we are also getting new mythology, potentially new characters, and some serious drama and difficulties for our heroes. All good stuff in my book.