Exclusive

Bonus Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Next Week's 'A'-Plus Glee (Plus Ep 5's Big Rachel-Kurt News)!

Tired of Glee hijacking 75 percent of Ask Ausiello week in and week out? Or are you peeved that it’s not 100 percent? Well, I figured out how to make everyone happy… at least this week.

Feast your eyes on this, a special edition of AA that focuses exclusively on Glee — or more specifically, on next week’s standout episode, “Asian F,” of which I have seen (and adored). But how about we start off with a massive spoiler about an episode a little further down the road…

Question: It definitely seems like Episode 5 will have a few Finchel scenes. Is there anything you could tell us about that? —Sussi
Ausiello: That’s the understatement of the decade, Sussi. While next week’s “Asian F” showcases Mercedes and Mike like never before, the Nov. 8 episode puts Rachel and Kurt — and their respective relationships with Finn and Blaine — front and center. In a big, big way. How big we talking? Well, according to a Glee insider, Episode 5 finds the Wicked BFFs both losing their virginity. Appropriately, the title of the ep is “The First Time.”

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: John Stamos’ Dr. Carl gets not one but two shout-outs!

Question: Can you elaborate on your tweet about Finn having to choose between Rachel and Kurt in “Asian F”? —Paulina
Ausiello: Let’s just say that Rachel makes a controversial decision in the episode that pits her squarely against Kurt — much to Finn’s dismay.

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: Will shows Emma his special box!

Question: To me it looks like Mercedes is the big selfish Diva. She’s admitted to never rehearsing, doesn’t want to learn to dance, and yet she still wants the spotlight. Do they touch on this in “Asian F” or do they go straight to slamming Rachel, even though she actually works really hard to earn the solos and roles she gets? —Sarah
Ausiello: Mercedes’ diva-tude is more than addressed. In fact, her antics are the catalyst for one of the episode’s big musical numbers. (Hint: Think Dreamgirls.)

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: BreadstiX delivers!

Question: Can you elaborate on the “light PDA” Kurt/Blaine share in “Asian F”? —Car
Ausiello: There’s body contact, but no kissing.

Random “Asian F” Scoobit: Someone wants to cancel The Rachel Berry Show.

Question: Is there trouble ahead for Kurt and Blaine? —MeMe
Ausiello: I think I answered that question earlier this week.

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: There’s a Mike Chang scene that is very reminiscent of Billy Elliott.

Question: After “Asian F,” are Mike and Tina still a couple? —Lacey
Ausiello: Yes. There’s a very romantic, moving Mike-Tina scene that’s set in the dance hall… but there’s a catch.

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: The episode flashes back numerous times to a female character’s childhood.

Question: Will Quinn and Puck find any resolution with their daughter and Shelby? Puck was so cute with Beth this week! —Kathleen
Ausiello: Quinn and Puck are on the backburner in this episode, but the Quinn/Puck/Shelby/Beth imbroglio will heat up later this season.

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: Jimmy Fallon gets a shout-out!

Question: Any word on if Brittany and Santana will finally become an official couple? —Craig
Ausiello: No word, but I can tell you that there are two cute/funny Brittana scenes (one bitchy, the other celebratory) next week. Personally, I’m ecstatic that these two are back to being BFFs with occasional bennies. All of that relationship sturm und drang last season was sucking the fun out of them. There, I said it.

Random “Asian F” Scoopbit: The episode ends with a twist involving Shelby.

Question: During the episode’s climactic “Fix You” musical number, do we get shots of the glee kids? —Enviado
Ausiello: Yes, but the focus is on Will and Emma. Speaking of which, Will finally “meets the parents,” and is slightly disturbed to learn that they are (prepare to LOL) ginger supremacists!

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, Glee, Scoop, Spoilers

1. john says:

I wonder if Kurt and Rachel do it together.

• RachelA says:

I love you for this comment.

• Ali says:

LOL best first comment.

• seth says:

I don’t mind a 4-some

• Lucia says:

Yes, please!

• Marina says:

Thank you for making me laugh in the middle of these terrible finchel news. I don’t like them together at all. Your option would’ve been so much better. :)

• Bee says:

Rachael would probably still try to make everything about her by trying to outmoan Kurt.

• Castle Lover says:

These first few comments had me crying with laughter! XD

• lisse says:

Shouldn’t the title be BIG RACHEL-FINN news? I wish they had Finchel separate from Klaine.

• SG says:

The show has orientated itself as the Kurt-Rachel show. What would have been wrong with just making this about Finn and Rachel. Finn has been so sidelined it is just making me sick.

• Mara says:

Because Finn and Rachel are both irritating characters at best, their relationship drama is beyond boring DVR fodder, and the only joy I get from Rachel singing are her constipated faces on fast forward.

The more time we can spend with the better members of the club, the better!

• whodoyouthinkyouare says:

You just showed an ugly side of you to speak so rudely and condescending about young people who put themselves out there to entertain people like you. You need to look in the mirror before you speak of others. I don’t know you but I bet their talent outweighs yours by a mile. I really feel sorry for people who have to be so mean and ugly on these forums like this one. This forum gives all of us an opportunity to voice our likes dislikes, wishes or concerns about a topic or show. But this stoops to new lows. Please, ANYONE WHO WISHES TO TALK SMACK ABOUT ACTORS THEY NEED TO LOOK AT YOURSEVES FIRST. WHO IS WITHOUT SIN SHALL CAST THE FIRST STONE. Not to say anything but as an adage to follow in life. You need to look at yourself for once and see what you truely are.

• Sam says:

Her obnoxious faces give me so much happiness, in a completely disrepectful-towards-Lea kind of way.

• Ger says:

@whodoyouthinkyouare -Your comments are over the top. You think Mara is talking about the actors but she specifically names the characters. There are times when I like Finchel but Mara is right in that they can be very annoying and it would be nice to have the spotlight on someone else instead of them and Kurt. I didn’t really like this season’s first episode -a lot because we see Kurchel bragging about how they are going to totally embarass the competition one minute and the next minute they’re bawling in the car.
            And the bullying hatred is getting old. There is no way that the slushy attacks would be tolerated in schools but the abuse is honestly just getting old.

• Proud Finchelette and Klainer says:

No…no…no. Finchel and Klaine are da best! Why do you have to be so mean about it? You’re entitled to your opinion, but you don’t say it so rudely!

FINCHEL FOREVER!

I’m excited for this episode.

• june says:

THIS!!! its like they’re pushing Finn aside which is definitely not cool~! -_-

• Soon-tob-ex-Gleek says:

So Cory Monteith wins Teen Choice Actor – one of the few accolades the show won last year – based on him despite the terrible writing for his character. Now in a new season he is barely evident and when he is its as a bit-part support for Rachel. They must know they are losing us fans because of all the comments and because they changed their promo. And we get leaks about episode 5. But why doesn’t Finn have his own storylines. Kurt and Rachel already have several.

• dontnowhy says:

I don’t know why. I’m trying to keep an open mind about the writing but we’ll see episode 3 how Finn’s character plays out. I’m hoping his story is coming soon big time story. But 2 episodes in just a back ground character I know. The writing has damaged the Finn character credibility and likability. Yes first 2 epis have been setting up the Rachel/Kurt scenarios for the season as well as Quinn. But Finn has taken a back seat. I know some people are happy about it but Finn was and still a main character not Kurt and Blaine. They said Finn will have his own story but when. No more Kurt. So I’m happy about Finchel and Klaine episode 5 news but Finn will be tool for the story. I hope the writers are listening to all the fans. I know lots of fans don’t like Finn but that’s to the writing that made him look bad. He was a really likablr character season 1.
            Cory’s been their spokesman for all the campaigns of and for the show. He has gone as far as to avoid the press to meet all the fans, take pictures with them and all. The press is what would be his vehicle to add to popularity for him as an actor and his character but he goes to his fans first. Very admirable. Makes you wonder if he is trying to rectify all the publicity from his character’s aftermath s2. I really think alot of Cory, his acting and singing and respect him for what he does for the show and the fans. I just wish people would give the Finn character a chance to redeem himself s3. The writing’s got to better this season for any fans are for Cory/Finn not just Finchel. Love Glee hope for Cory’s sake Finn’s story is coming up very soon and big too.

• SG says:

Best Comment! Everything else in the show is orientated around them, so why not.

• Finchel says:

You’re right, the whole Rachel-Kurt thing is wearing thing. It is as if they’ve moved the entire focus from Finn.

• Lily says:

But thiw would be very interesting… Rachel betraying him with his stepbrother… but I am very suprised because i thought that in “Grilled Cheesus” Rachel did not want to have sex until she was 25 years old…

• kay says:

Finchel was used for comic effect in that episode. She didn’t want to have sex until she won a Tony Award ==> That was comic scene. And why would you expect a healthy normal young girl who’s in a steady relationship with a nice boy to wait until she’s 25 years old to have sex? Which country are you living in? It’s certainly not the USA.

• Lily says:

I am just thinking of the inconsistencies in the script… Being ambitious, Rachel would not get anything in her way of her career, even not sex. but then again, her confidence in her career took a toll earlier in this season.

Of course I don’t live in USA… I live in a country where pre-marital sex is still frowned upon…even though it does occur in big cities… Where same sex relations are considered illegal…Where on local network TV every on-screen kiss is censored… Where on paid TV, the gay content of Glee (kisses, the slow motion run of Klaine before Teenage Dream, the discount- at- Gap- if -Blaine- gets- married- with -Jeremy-comment) is censored.

So I was not shocked when for example Glee did not include that one particular sentence in the song “Born this Way” . I think they did it so that Glee can be shown in less sexual liberal countries.

Then I remember the statement on your american MTV’ website http://www.mtv.com that 50 % of sexual active young people will get an STD by the age of 25 and they don’t even know it …

The thing is on Glee, some were happy after sex (Santana, Britanny, Puck) but Artie was angry, Finn was dissapointed, Quinn being unplanned pregnant. So my guess is that Blaine and Rachel will be happy after sex but whiny Kurt ? (btw I am a huge Kurt fan).

• Lily says:

That was my first thought too after reading the spoiler… Rachel apologizes to Kurt about the romeo / julliet scene… and comforts Kurt because of all the problems he has (no lead role in the musical, having to compete against Brittany, Rory and Blaine)… Kurt also comforts Rachel for other things… and while they are listining to a love song of “Wicked… one thing leads to one another…

• Michele says:

Finn and Rachel are adorable.. I love them so much :)

• Where's Finn hiding says:

Focussing just on Kurt and Rachel has been very alientating for a lot of the audience. Having just the obviously talented and ‘entitled characters’ lead everything sends the message that the arts is only for those who believe they are where its at. But what about characters like Finn who are struggling to find themselves – isn’t that more the high school experience for people?

• Sam says:

After the incompetence of the summer interviews and Glee movie I assumed with all the rumors of the Glee cast graduations that they wouldn’t be as stupid to keep Finn buried for the first 3 episodes. Now if they aren’t replacing Cory Monteith they really are being very stupid not to use him more. His own maturing into a pop/rock singer whose Jessie’s Girl and She’s Not There were just fantastic made us root for him because we know the actor has been on that journey too.

If Rachel Berry represents the sure-of-her talent one you need a character who is the youthful selves for those of us who don’t have that certainty. Glee is missing that and it is hurting the show.

As an older viewer I suppose I am suposed to identify with Mr Shu, but the reason I think Finn is so popular is that he is our youthful selves struggling to find a way. This episode is going to be another chance for us to see Mr.Shu, a frankly messed up adult. If you have children yourself I am not sure you necessarily want to think about a teacher’s sex life and behind the scenes battles, you just want him to inspire a class.

Please bring back Finn – and not just as the boyfriend but as a stand alone character who we can watch struggle to succeed and do it sooner rather than later because I know from speaking to people the frustrations of the show are working against the enjoyment of it.

• Violet says:

Beautifully said, Sam! I admire Cory the person, and his ability to clearly portrait Finn’s character, with and without words.

• soooup says:

haha i dun think so. since there are 2 relationships “moving forward”. finnchel. klaine. :D

• Someone says:

ikr me to omg the suspense

2. missy says:

finn and rachel – I love them!! I AM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!

• HotDigger says:

Sorry, but Glee is so gay! And I’m kind of bi

• Gabi says:

I love Finn and I love Rachel, but I want FINN to have some separate stories of his own! Rachel is having separate plots this season. When will we see HIS storylines. I love him,but let’s be honest. He still needs some growing up to do and I hope that we can see him mature!

• Lily says:

Yeah, Finn, where are you ? but there are still 20 episodes to go…

• MF says:

But when I watch Modern Family, I don’t expect the Dummfies to suddenly have no screen time. I want to see the characters I love, like Finn. And actually it matters that 4 episodes in there is no arc for Finn. Season 2 started very well, it was only after the Kurt transfer that the whole thing felt disjointed and the themed episodes became more about plot than character. The worst thing about the first episodes is that they were boring. Yes the song performaces are impressive – but are they moving?

3. Michele says:

Finn and Rachel are the best – so excited!!!!

• yep says:

Thanx for the info I loved the Finchel news and Klaine too. Just wonder if it will be like the Madonna episode s1. That was a great episode. Finn and Rachel are the best. Love this couple!!!!

4. fiona says:

mikemikemikemania =)

Super excited for this episode but I just hope it will actually live up to the hype

5. Ali says:

Finchel and Klaine? In the same episode? The internet is going to break. Well, tumblr and twitter at least.

6. Fabray says:

OMG FINN/RACHEL YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Can you please tell me that Glee is not going to do the Puck/Shelby route? There are rumours going around and just… it’s going to be horrible if they do it!

• Amy says:

Seconded, I need to know the answer to this as well!

Quick FTW!

• Marie says:

I’m pretty sure you can rest easy that they won’t do Puck/Shelby. She would get arrested for fooling around with a minor and fired for being with a student. I think Shelby might be a catalyst for having Puck do some growing up though.

• AndyLuvr says:

Are we sure he’s a minor? Plus, it’s canon that Noah is into MILFs if we look back to his pool cleaning business from the first season (unless that’s been retconned out of the show.). I for one thought Mark Salling and Idina Menzel had some unexpected but welcome chemistry in their scenes together.

• kaitlyn says:

i know Puck really wants to be apart of Beth’s life but i don’t think Puck/Shelby is the answer. Especially if something went wrong and she had to leave, cuz then he really wouldn’t be able to be apart of his daughters life.

7. Hillary says:

Oh my God! Best scoop ever! I can’t wait for episode 5 of Glee! Finn and Rachel are my favourites!

• Brandee Hurtubise says:

hey are so great together. I am glad they are doing an episode featuring them. hey need more scene with them.

8. Sadie says:

I’m not a fan of Klaine but Finchel! If this is true the internet will break!

9. Dana says:

OMG!!! Finn and Rachel are finally doing it?! Thank you so much!!

10. pinky says:

i can’t understand how hard it must be for a gay teenagers to lose their virginity!! it’s so important for a woman and a man so now two kids!!! im interest on how the writters handle with this

11. Jane says:

YAY for Finchel! I’m so excited!

12. Em says:

The thought of Rachel losing her virginity to that big oaf, after she stated she wanted to wait till she was 25 pisses me off.

• Mickey says:

YOU MAD!!! HAHAHAHAHAH She is losing it to her true love. And don’t be calling finn hudson an oaf – he is a sexy, beautiful, delicious oaf!!! I am so happy for them!! SO ADORABLE

• yep says:

Finn was unlikable s2 but wonderful so far s3. They are so meant for each other. So, if this happens Lima will be an extremely hard decision for Finn to stay. Screaming for JOY.

• jane says:

i used to hate Finn, i mean really really hate.. but now, Im beginning to love his character! and now, surprisingly, cant wait for the Finchel scene..

• pleasepuss says:

SOOOOO glad you’re changing your mind. I believe this is the journey the writers are going to take us on from now on. At least this is what I’m hoping for. Something real, meaningful and relatible in a young bf/gf relationship not just hook ups. Nowadays young people face these issues. Glee brought out the differences in all the hook ups til this one. Showing no feelings, regret, confusion, to something meaningful and waiting for the right person whether in hugh school or in the adult world.

• Laura says:

Completly agree. Finn is such a moron.

• SG says:

No Finn is one of the few characters that you believe is actually 16 and as such makes the mistakes of a teenager. That is what makes him relatable. Having the characters act as adults all the time undermines the high school setting.

• Lily says:

That is why I think Finn should be with someone else.. someone who does care about him…

• Chris says:

The only person that truly cares about Finn and isn’t an adult yet is Kurt and somehow I don’t think that even if Klaine ends, I don’t think they will do a story of Kurt with his stepbrother, even though they aren’t blood related.

• Lily says:

Would love to see scenes of Kurt-Finn or Kurt-Finn-Burt (where is Carol ?) discussing about their future…

• Lily says:

me too !

• lola says:

You can wait until you’re 25. Apparently Rachel doesn’t.

• ally says:

You know what? WHEN Rachel said she wanted to wait until 25, Finn agreed. Now, maybe Rachel changed her mind. lol

13. Mckey says:

I have been waiting for this moment since Showmance – and “girls want sex just as much as guys do!!!!” GO GET HIM GIRL! So happy that Rachel is losing it to her true love….. this is going to be an epic episode…

14. Laura says:

I’m sorry to the Finchel peoplee but Finn is the worst boyfriend EVER!! I would prefer Rachel having sex with Jesse than him.

• happy says:

and you are an idiot…… you can’t be serious. You obvioulsy hate rachel…
      I couldn’t be more happy for Rachel – she waited for her true love and that is a beautiful and honorable thing.

• L says:

I don’t hate Rachel, I hate Finn

• Riley says:

It’s just such a shame that her so called “true love” didn’t wait for her. I just hope he’s gotten better at it and he doesn’t ruin her first time with it only lasting 5 minutes.

• Dana says:

MAILMAN!!! LMAO…poor Rachel. It’s weird, I used to be ok w/Finn and loathe Rachel, but now I adore her and absolutely HATE Finn. He’s honestly the worst boyfriend ever. Quinn was an idiot for giving up Sam for Frankenteen and I hope Rachel sticks to her guns and doesn’t let Mr. Destined for a McJob ruin her plans for her future.

• Mary says:

Because Rachel’s a shining example of being a good girlfriend. She makes me want to slap her. She’s a horrible girlfriend, worst ever, and she fans need to open their eyes. What will be their excuses after this episode when she treats more people horribly. Good girlfriends don’t makes their boyfriends problems all about themsleves and they don’t go out of their way to cheat on their for the sole reason to hurt them.

• Rosie Hearts Finchel says:

I agree. Jesse threw eggs at Rachel. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like people that throws eggs at people they claim to love.

• Day says:

I saw the amazing boyfriend that Jesse is. *sarcasm*

Besides, Jesse is a kind of flamboyant and those scarfs that he uses doesn’t help his tiny manliness. Awkward.

• Mick says:

Jessie can join in with Klaine! YAY – everyone is happy!

• Volcfom says:

Jon Groff isn’t convincing when he plays straight. I think it’s cool that his ties with Lea were able to bring him on the show, but they should have had him as Kurt’s love interest from the beginning.

• yep says:

Finn has really changed this season we’ll see how he is in Asian F then talk about Finn. S2 he was written to be caught up into his own demise and blunders and had to shuck it at the end of the season2. Take the time to see how he is now with Rachel. I think he is Rachel’s true love and he has shown it.

• Lily says:

Finn became obnoxious after his success in the Superbowl episode… Now he is a confused lad (confused about his future/even though he helps out Burt) and he knows that ambitious Rachel is slipping away through his fingers. Hope he gets the girl who really cares about him, even if it is a “changed” Rachel…

• Nina says:

Finn has learned his lesson and he’s treating her right ever since they got back together. And Jesse was the one who was pressuring her to have sex…when she was only 15!

15. ear to ear says:

you better not be teasing us about Klaine!!! oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

16. klaine says:

I wonder if Blaine’s a virgin too….

and how much can they REALLY show on FOX?

very yummy indeed!

• sam says:

I can almost 100% guarantee you the answer to your question about Blaine is yes. He said he’d never had a boyfriend before. Unless he’s a big sl*t and sleeps with anyone, or he was raped. And I don’t think Glee would ever go there with either of those scenarios.

17. Lois says:

Not gonna lie, I’m ecstatic about Finchel. But I can’t help but think Kurt’s ‘losing virginity’ is just going to his first gay bar. I hope a million times that I’m wrong though. Both Finchel and Klaine in one episode, I’d surely die!

18. Joey says:

Yeah, God forbid the two lesbians get a serious storyline with feelings and angst like all the other relationships do. Hot girl pairings are better as lighthearted jokes and friends-with-benefits, right Ausiello? Screw all the teenage girls who can relate to the storyline and are going through similar drama in their own lives. Only the male gay pairing should be taken seriously.

• Matt says:

You do realize he is gay right?

• Fo says:

You do realize he only care about gay pairing, right ? And that it’s what Joey is saying ?

For god’s sake Brittana is just as much, if not more, groundbreaking than Klaine. It should get the same treatment. I’m really happy for the fact that they take Klaine to the next level (even if they already have enough screentime already), but treating Brittana like a joke ? Not funny.

• Chelsea says:

Agreed. I expected more from Ausiello. He’s my favorite blogger! The fact that he prefers their love to be reduced to ‘friends with bennies’ for a laugh is very disappointing. I still love ya, Mike, but don’t you think gay women should have the same respect and attention as gay men?

• CA says:

How quickly you have all forgotten the first season when we saw Santana and Brittany actively making out on the bed. Also — I think you all read way too much into one phrase and not into what he was saying. He was frustrated with the strain between the two last season is happy to see them back, even if it is only a friends with bennies. Geesh, cut the guy some slack.

• Jon says:

Brittany is not gay she is bi

• Sam says:

I agree that Brittana is way more groundbreaking than Klaine. In our society, lesbian couples are not taken nearly as seriously as gay couples. For the most part, when people think of homosexuals, they immediately think of gay men. When you hear about a TV show being “ground breaking” and “boundary pushing” for representing homosexuality, you can almost always be sure that its a gay male or a gay couple. Lesbians are very underrepresented and need to be taken with a little bit more seriousness.

• Carmen says:

I’m with Sam. Lesbians still don’t seem to be taken seriously –on tv or anywhere else. I love the relationship between Kurt and Blaine and hope it’s developed as far as possible on the show, but I wish that the character of Santana and the lesbian storyline were treated with more depth and insight.

I’m an older viewer/fan who was a Latina lesbian teen back in pre-history (early 1960′s)and believe me, it was not easy for me to find my way. Homosexuality, gayness, lesbianism, bisexuality (let alone anything else) were not discussed much if at all back then. Girls went out with boys,period. I used to take a girlfriend I loved on dates with my then-boyfriend as often as I could. Hard to believe, no? She was evidently invisible to him, or irrelevant. I could tell you some stories…

I laughed ( and cried, I must confess)so much watching Kurt go after Finn, then test the waters with Sam, then hope things would work out with Blaine– always wndering if there was going to be anyone at all for him out there. I could relate completely. Freshman year in college, still a teen, just being open about my feelings for women (and hoping somebody shared them) lost me many girlfriends. Some things unfortunately have not changed much for young gay people. But the situation is more, more complex for a girl dealing with the issues of being a lesbian, especially a Latina lesbian.

There is a saying I occasionally heard (while evesdropping on adult conversations)as a child growing up in Latin America before coming to the U.S. at thirteen: “Mejor puta que pata” (loosely translated as better a whore than a dyke). I would like to see Santana dealing/struggling with coming out while living with her Latino family, specially in their socially marginal community, on top of meeting the challenges gay teens encounter in high school. As I see it, falling in love with a girl who is really not a lesbian is only the tip of the iceberg (or of a pile of dynamite)when it comes to Santana’s predicament. I would not take her story lightly.

I’d like her to meet maybe, but not necessarily, another Latina lesbian–someone who will love her and understand her, her family, and her cultural and class backgrounds. Someone who will break through her anger and scheming ways (which to me are way too stereotyped in the show),steal her heart and allow her to change, to be happier. This story wouldn’t have to be only high drama; I can imagine much humor just watching Santana truly come undone in a good, mushy way–fighting and winning over her family in the process. Do the Glee producers ever read this blog? I really appreciated your post, Sam.

Carmen

• Joey says:

Absolutely, I realize he’s gay. Sadly, I’ve found that gay men are just as quick to dismiss Brittana as straight men, sometimes even more so. I think Ryan Murphy is one of them. It’s okay for them to be cute and flirty, but the minute they start getting serious dramatic scenes, they’re not “fun” enough anymore. There’s a huge double standard in the way Kurt and Blaine are treated by the show and the media, and the way Brittany and Santana are.

And I see it in real life as well, all the time. If you’re a teenage lesbian, you’re not taken seriously. That’s why it’s so important IMO for the show to address that very issue.

• Aoife says:

As Naya herself said, “It’s harder for girls because no one really takes them seriously. If they see two girls making out they say “that’s hot” but, no, for teenage girls in high school this is a serious thing.”

• Roxie says:

As a gay woman, I’m really disappointed in that comment. It makes me feel sick every time I see a fan or reviewer reduce Brittany/Santana to a cute joke. “Friends with bennies” indeed. I have to wonder, if it was Kurt instead who’d been sleeping with his best friend for years and suddenly realized he was in love with him, would you prefer that storyline to remain light-hearted and fun? Or would you want to see it given its due and treated with respect so that it can help all the kids out there who are going through the same thing? I think I know the answer to that. But when it’s a girl-girl pairing, it’s somehow different, right?

• Matt says:

All he was saying is that he doesn’t like them together like that. I love that they’re exploring Santana and what is to be a lesbian in small town Ohio but I don’t think they work as a couple. They just seem like super close best friends who occasionally do stuff.

• Alex says:

^ side eyeing the post above me so hard right now. Jesus!

This why we need Brittana to happen. So Matt and Mike and their like can learn their lesson and respect queer girls.

• Hi says:

You guys see what they’re doing on Glee, right? Santana is slowly starting to romance Brittany, giving her compliments and support. Last season, she admitted her feelings I think it was five or six episodes before the season ended. Things aren’t going to happen overnight. Be patient, their time is coming.

• Bella says:

That’s not the issue. The issue is that people keep treating them as a joke. People, like mike, would rather them just be friends that sleep together instead of pursuing an actual storyline that involves feelings. If Klaine was in their position, people, like mike, would take them seriously. Lesbians and bi girls always seem to get the short end of the stick and it isn’t fair.

• Jon says:

The writers never intended for them to be a couple they got carried away by the fans.

• dave says:

That doesn’t matter now. They went with the story and they should finish what they started. They had plenty of chances last season to kill any romantic relationship between Brittany and Santana but they didn’t. So of course fans are mad. Brittna are constantly being swept under the rug and reduced to scenes that last less than a minute.

• Matt says:

The real problem is just that Brittana fans are the ones who scream on the internet. All of the people I know irl that watch Glee prefer Brittany and Artie but you come on the internet and it’s easy to forget these fans also exist.

19. golia says:

But how can Finn and Rachel have sex if he can’t even last long enough to put a condom on?

• Rea says:

Yeah, it’s not like Finn’s any more experienced. He slept with Santana that one time in season 1 and said afterwords it didn’t mean anything. And I don’t think he slept with Quinn, since they would have made a big deal about it.

• 1Million4Cory says:

How fantastic that the show had a teenage boy dealing with the issue and ‘his mailman’. don’t you think that it is positive for young men to see that experience played out rather than showing everyone as like sex gods from day one?

• Alexandr says:

LMFAO!

20. Dawn says:

You’ve broken me, Ausiello.

21. Kate says:

Le sigh. As a Brittana fan, you made me really sad with that I have to say. I don’t want them friend-zoned forever, they’re obviously in love. It doesn’t have to be over the top angst, just enough angst and a loving couple. Is that too much too ask? I mean if you’re sick of too much drama, then ask the writers to let Kurt be happy instead of whining and crying every episode.

I just… can we please get more HeMo and Naya?

22. j says:

That is so true, but I have a feeling that is something the writters are going to forget about.

23. Jenn says:

Worst idea ever for Rachel, what happened to waiting. I figuratively vomitted in my mouth reading that spoiler.

24. Emily says:

Klaine sex!? OMFG! I will die. I love Klaine so much + it’s about time!!!!!!!!!

• Bookerguy says:

Doubt we’ll see much. (Will they show some skin and a bedroom scene or will they show them enter the bedroom with a kiss and then when they return, they’ll come out of the bedroom either half dressed or totally dressed?) as for Finchel, we’ll probably be seeing more on screen action.

• maya says:

not to be a homophobe but im kind of worried about the younger glee viewers trying to watch the klaine scene… it bothers me a bit..

• Maria says:

I’m more worried about them watching the Finchel scene.

• Mick says:

I am worried too – I don’t think mainstream america is ready for it yet. I am so afraid that Glee listens too much to fandom rather than the vibe in america. I think it is an ok subject – it is just what is on screen may turn off some viewers. I am worried for mainstream america supporting klaine going forward – I just don’t know if they will be ready for something like that..

• Lily says:

Everyone is so hyped about Klaine…. I am not even sure whether Kurt will the first for Blaine… Look at Finn… and if the Klaine scene is filmed like the Finn-Santana scene, then there is not much to see…

• James says:

But you are not worried about Finchel sex ah? Hypocrite and a homophobe. One can always tell.

• debi says:

i guess what @maya means is that we are used to seeing a girl and boy being intimate to each other which is normal.. and lets be realistic, same sex scenes is very rare in these kind of shows because of the younger viewers.. and to some tv channels they even cut the Klaine intimate scenes like the “iloveyou” scene, holding hands, how much more the kissing parts and etc… so putting up the klaine sex scene will be pretty much a huge risk..

25. Kim says:

What happened to waiting?!?!? Did you even watch Showmance?!? “Girls want sex just as much as guys do!”

26. Sarah says:

I LOVE Finchel! I’m so happy and excited for this!

27. a says:

A lot of people in High School say that they are waiting until marry or college to have sex but end having sex in HS anyways , is something that happen a lot. Maybe she is ready and comfortable enough to have sex with Finn what is surprising and wrong

• Micky says:

unfortaunately – finn got a lot of hate last year because of his story line and going back to quinn – the writers are making up for it this year but this fandom is like a donkey – they don’t like to forget and they are stubborn. So most people that are upset about Finn and RAchel sex (the small few) are because they support other ships like Finn and Quinn and Rachel/Jessie or Rachel / Puck – unfortunately the writing for Finn was perceived as bad and out of character – and people just decided to hate him. Fandoms like to gang up on him. It is a shame – because he is the most relatable and lovable character. I am excited for Finn and RAchel – it is about time! What a great moment for them – everyone remembers their first time!

• yep says:

yep, SOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! I am 2 excited that is.

• Hurry up with Finn says:

Well said. I think certain people in fandom bought into the bad writing for the character. But although the producers give so much priority to the blogs they forget that most people who watch the show don’t read that stuff. They just see it for the drama and the character maturing. The fact that Finn has disappeared because of this has only lessened the impact of these first episodes and probably alienated a lot of the audience.

• Lily says:

everybody remember their first time, good or bad…

28. Meli says:

Can Blaine just go away? I’m so tired of seeing him on my screen. I used to love Kurt, but now it’s all boring.

• Jade says:

I totally agree. Blaine has ruined my enjoyment of Kurt. And he is nothing like what I imagined Kurt’s boyfriend to be.

• Mil says:

THIS! Word, McWordy!

• Sam says:

Klaine is boring in general. I like Kurt, and I like Blaine. Separately. Watching them interact makes me snore. I can’t wait until the Sebastian character comes in so we can see some real drama.

• Anna says:

Totally THIS! ^

• Lily says:

Totally agree with this post !!

• Brenda says:

Watching Kurt and Blaine interact makes me smile and makes me enjoy Glee most. I’m very happy that their relationship is getting some development with Sebastian and the love making.

• Sam says:

I try really hard to like them as a couple. You have no idea. I just want something a little less predictable than the perfect soul-mates together-forever dynamic we’ve got right now. Thats why I can’t wait for Sebastian, because I think there is so much potential to spice up their relationship and make it a little more dramatic and interesting. I hope they use it to its full potential. I’m not saying I want Klaine to break up, I’m just saying I want them to stop being so perfect. Its boring. I watch TV because I like the drama…. so…. give me drama. If I liked staring at the same thing for hours and hours knowing it will never change, I’d take a picture.

• Eddy says:

I disagree. Only reason I watch this show.

29. OMG says:

Cant wait until this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does Michael Ausiello get all this info????

30. Max says:

Must say, I am looking forward to the major episode 5 stories for Kurt and Rachel (and, by extension, their respective boyfriends). After seeing Finn with Santana, it will be amazing to see a similar situation but with two LOVING couples.

31. Ab2 says:

What’s wrong with NOT waiting when you’re in love with the boy you’re dating? I’m happy for Rachel because after how Jesse pressured her like that last season and she told him she wasn’t ready, well, this must mean she finally is in love and secure enough to do it.

32. Holly says:

I think the Finchel fans have been rendered speechless!

33. Renata says:

Congratulations on promoting the Tumblr Klaine Sex Riot of 2011.

34. Shelley says:

I have been waiting for Finn & Rachel to have sex since episode 2 of the 1st season!!!! I cannot wait!

Finchel 4Ever!!!!!

35. eLLA says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH AUSIELLO.

FROM A FINCHEL FAN.

36. emily says:

I think it’s kind of disrespectful for people to be commenting that Rachel should wait until she’s older.. why? just cause she’s a girl, I much prefer Rachel’s statement girls want sex just as much as guys do than the writers saying she’s going to wait until she’s 25. This could be good because it proves that not all girls have to be categorized as sluts or prudes, like glee tends to do with its girls. It’s nice that they make Rachel just a normal girl

• Cami says:

Besides, it’s not like she barely knows the guy. She’s been in love with him for two years and they’re both happy with their relationship. I think it’s totally normal that she wants to take the next step now that she’s ready.

37. AFP says:

So Rachel likes male boobs!! I hate Finn!!! She could have slept with Jesse. He is a cutie!!! And give me my Quinn/Puck/Beth!!!

38. akana says:

Poor Rachel. It’s gonna suck for her. Nothing like losing your virginity to some bad sex with a guy who’ll last about thirty seconds (if even).

39. K says:

LOL, the cynic in me doesn’t want to get my hopes up, but despite that, I’m really looking forward to Kurt and Blaine having this big moment.

40. Jo says:

Wow! I hope this is good for Kliane’s relationship. I hope it’s done for the right reasons and they are both equally happy about it. No angst please RIB!!

41. LF says:

I’ll wait to see if I’m disapointed by how they handle the first time for each couple before flying off the handle about it, but the Brittana comment? Really Ausiello? Can’t we get both their awesome friendship AND an actual relationship between them? They can be fun no matter what capacity they are in, it just requires the writers not sucking…

42. Anna says:

Jesse is a cutie? A guy who pressured her into having sex? I’m convinced it’s his fault Rachel’s been so insecure about this and even wanted to wait until after high school. Whatever. I’m happy if Rachel is happy.

43. Bella says:

Really?! I’m getting pissed at how Brittana is being treated. Yes they were sad last season but that’s what happens when a young girl starts to come to terms with her feelings for not only her best friend but for her female bestfriend. Lesbian relationships should be taken just as seriously as gay male ones and all people seem to do is treat it as a joke. God forbid you actually realize that their storyline could help tons of girls around the world that are dealing with the same issue and treat it with respect. Stop being a douche mike. I’d think that another member of the lgbt community would at least get it but apparently you don’t. I’m a straight girl and I’m still appalled. If this storyline was around and people took it seriously when my bestfriend was trying to figure out her sexuality, she might still be alive.

44. Daniel says:

The episode ends with Shelby and an unexpected twist. Uh-oh, could she be going back to coach Vocal Adrenaline? And also, As happy as I am with Klaine having sex, I’m also kind of worried about it because I also heard that Blaine is DRUNK when it happens, and he tends to get REALLY horny when he is drunk, like when he kissed Rachel… and LIKED it! (see Blame It On The Alcohol) And this is proof that Blaine is the “Horny Drunk”, a drunk archetype that Finn forgot to mention when he was pointing everyone out. I’m also worried that it could ruin their relationship, especially since Kurt is probably not ready to take that step yet..

45. cara says:

thanks for the quick scoop!! love quinn/puck so much and im really hoping they become a couple later this season!!!!

46. Stella says:

Nooo i hate finnn!!!

47. Ray says:

I LOVE Finn. And you can tell he really loves her. They’re ready for this next step so I’m happy for them! Thank you for all the scoop!

• bytheseatofmypants says:

Ditto I love Finn 2. I think Rachel’s thought about sex with Finn since s1 epi2. I feel since Jesse’s intensions of sex and the outcome being egged, Rachel’s put on the brakes so to speak to be fully sure of Finn’s intensions and wait for the exact moment to be right for her. I’m ready, Finn. Ready for what? That’s Finn. I just want something not as awkward as Grilled Cheesus makeout scene. Better yet Hairography sad clown hooker. Or they will go with something like the Madonna s1 episode .

48. Drew says:

sweaty Blaine and Kurt??

I will have a heart attack!!

49. A klainer says:

There is a god!

• me says:

Fox is not HBO or Showtime for the more explicit material to be shown. It will be tasteful and only hint at the subject. Probably have song included with inuendo only. But must admit I’m curious myself to how far the visual will be.

50. Carly says:

Okay, people, calm down. I don’t think they’re showing them all sweaty and stuff. We’re lucky if we get a make-out scene!