Exclusive

House Exclusive First Look Video: Here Comes the... Bride?

Brace yourselves, because Dr. Gregory House appears to be heading for a wedding — and you will not believe who the bride is.

As part of the Fox drama’s Season 8 cast photo shoot, series lead Hugh Laurie — whose contributions to past set-ups include the caduceus-inspired “snake” image — put himself in a bridal gown, donned a dictator’s uniform and fancied himself part of a chain gang, among other noisy concepts.

Exclusive: House Admits Rescue Me‘s John Scurti

You can see Laurie and castmates Robert Sean Leonard, Omar Epps, Jesse Spencer, Peter Jacobson, Odette Annable and Charlene Yi posing away in the exclusive video we’ve posted here. Give it a watch, then read on for more:

Loading video...

Hugh Laurie on House Going ‘Off the Deep End’ and ‘Exploiting’ the New Girl

If any of the set-ups seem a bit “out there”, know there’s always a context in mind. For the wedding dress set-up, for example, Laurie envisioned, “This heart is unbreakable,” “JILTED?” and “‘Til death us do part or I drive my car into your living room. Whichever comes first,” while House-as-dictator is there to assert, “This is not a democracy” — have truer words ever been spoken? The chain gang, meanwhile, underscores a possible season-opening theme, as House (ostensibly) wraps up his prison stay: “The punishment never fits the crime.”

House Exclusive: Prison Break‘s Wentworth Miller Checks In

Catch House in prison garb — and not white lace — when Season 8 bows this Monday at a new time, 9/8c.

1. carter says:

I don’t understand why so many people waste their time writing such bad things about House ! If you don’t like it, don’t watch it and leave the REAL fans alone ! I’m NOT an idiot and there is any law against loving House. I really liked season 7, I was sad when Cuddy dumped him but it was so obvious from the beginning that they were not going to be together forever. In my opinion, Cuddy is too demanding, she needs too much for a man like House. And frankly, Lisa Edelstein disappointed me so much when she left. She wanted a raise in pay, or refused a cut in her salary so she became a diva and slammed the door !! I saw her as a great professionnal but she is just another rich girl who wants to be richer… Anyway Hugh Laurie was, is and will ever be a genious and I’ll watch House til its end !!

• lydia says:

I agree with everything what you said! We don`t have to discuss Cuddy she was a as horrible girlfriend as House was a not so perfect BF for Cuddy. These two doesn`t/didn`t fit together and honestly we have known it since season 5.

After reading her intw in one of the TV magazines: I’m starting to lose my patience with this woman. Either tell your story or STFU. You can’t in one and the same interview complain about people not giving out correct info AND refuse to tell the truth yourself. She can’t have it both ways.

I understand that interviewers ask her these questions (just as they ask people from House about her all the time too, *hello mike* ), but if she isn’t willing to share the story, she should learn to say two words, “no comment”, instead of giving vague hints like “it’s not good for anyone’s business”. Making vague statements and alluding to “other stuff going on” is, in my mind, just stirring the pot (her fanbase) and unprofessional. Plus her choice of words like “I doubt it” and “it’s not good for anybody’s business” just make her come off bitchy.
      Honestly, I really didn’t mind her before (other than thinking she was a little juvenile & embarassing for HL) but each new interview with her makes me dislike her more. The fact that she doesn’t want to tell the truth says to me that it will either make her look bad OR she just wants the attention. Either way, it’s really beginning to irritate me.

If i compare her behaviour to jennifer morrsons who was pretty much fired i would say Jen is handling it with much more class-act and sense of reality. She has my sympathy and i`m willing to try out her new TVprojects, LEs not.

I`ll watch season8 of House and I adore the videoclip about the promo-photo-shoot, Thank you Matt!!

• ^^ says:

What you say is true. LE certainly had diarrhea of the mouth while she was still part of the cast, whether she was talking about the show or her personal life. Now she’s clammed up. Her behavior does beg the question, doesn’t it? I wonder what gives?

• doddle says:

I never read interviews or article about actors or actress I hate, I just don’t care about them.
        Why are there always Lise Edelstein haters here?
        stop talking about her and cuddy please, she’s not anymore in the show. What is done, is done.
        ok you hate her and love Jennifer Morrison, we all know that.

• lydia says:

I didn`t say that i hate her or love Jennifer Morrison. I just said LE handled her whole exit not very well and i explained why it irritates me.

Additionally the article was posted on every known House fansite and she gets question about House (why her exit? Is she coming back?). I guess it is allowed to read it.

• Maria says:

Both Lisa Edelstein and Jennifer Morrison weren’t allowed to talk about it. The difference between the two is that interviewers are interested in finding out what happened with LE, both because she wasn’t simply fired and because people give a crap about her.

And Lisa Edelstein actually refused to talk about it when she was in Venice, unlike HL and Shore.

• Elaborate, please says:

Maria: Weren’t allowed by whom? Lisa E was no longer under contractural obligation to FOX or anyone else, for that matter. So exactly WHO was “not allowing” her to talk about it and how do you know?

2. michael says:

I agree…Buddy did cause this show to go downhill. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Let’s see how this season goes.

3. Jo says:

That new episode of Childrens Hospital with Charlyne Yi & RSL and a totally absurd photoshoot that probably cost more than two hours of German tv-drama looks awesome!

4. Mo_Blondie says:

I watch Hugh Laurie. Whatever he does is magical. With or without co-stars. As long as he is on, I will watch him.

5. J.Norman says:

I don’t care if House goes to a wedding or not. I’m interested in how they are going to have a feasible explanation of how he gets his medical license back and (perhaps) returns as a department head at PPTH.

After an off season of being highly critical of David Shores “explanations” and rationalizations for Houses psycho actions (jumping off balcony into swimming pool, operating on himself, and slamming a car into Cuddys parlor, etc) I’m basically putting all that to rest and hope the show can convince me (and a s#@t load of others) to continue to watch.
    It won’t be long now.

6. Raven says:

I just love House, I like that you never know what to expect from the show. I get tired of these shows being afraid to step out of the box and do something wild. So please don’t change what you guys do with the show. I just love It!!!

7. JoanJ says:

Just watched the latest promo photo shoot – Robert Sean Leonard still looking ever young and drop-dead gorgeous – he is really ageing like good wine!

8. SueC says:

Whether we love him or we hate him, it’s what makes House–House!

9. jhon says:

Estaciones 1-2-3-Lo mejor de tv,Estacion 7 fue terrible,Huddy lo arruino

10. vale says:

The culprits are shore, Fox and NBC

11. ana says:

se huddy foi ruim para o show porque a audiencia caiu e não aumentou quando terminou huddy?

• doddle says:

even if huddy ended in the middle of the season 7 I don’t think it will help House to have the same ratings that the show had in the first seasons, it’s the last season, many tv shows have bad ratings in the end.
      3 seasons with huddy can be explained by a lack of imagination from the writers. They should have explored it in season 4 with 4 or 5 eps, it would have been enough, anyway House can’t be in a relationship, we all knew that before they started huddy.

12. SandraP says:

Still watching House MD for the ‘awesomeness’ of Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard. There are only a few glimpses of RSL, but he looks elegant, sexy and gorgeous as ever!

13. IceMetalPunk says:

So Chase and Taub will be back. Good.

That’s all I came here to say.

14. Stacey says:

I’m mad that Dish Network dropped Fox from their lineup of stations! Now I can only watch old Episodes of House! And no, I can’t watch it from my computer because we don’t get Cable or DSL where we live.

15. Kimberley Oliver says:

If you don’t like House,m.d., stop watching it! And I think that although Hugh should have shaved and worn a little make-up for the most important day in a crazy man’s life ( He has also stolen the exact dress that I wanted to wear on my wedding day!)

16. Kimberley Oliver says:

Sorry for the interruption of my comment above–it’s just plenty obvious that Hugh is simply having fun for the camera and that perhaps there is a joke in his Prison Bride ensemble that goes beyond a scruffy bride…House is not the show for everyone and many shows will change. I have not liked every change on House, either but unless David Shore actually decides to begin putting Hugh Laurie in women’s clothing for the show; then, and only then will I will stop watching!