Scoop: Cougar Town Couple Heads Into Therapy With Nicole Sullivan

Is there trouble in paradise for Cougar Town‘s favorite couple?

MADtv alum Nicole Sullivan has signed on for a potentially recurring role on the ABC comedy as a couples therapist whom Jules and Grayson start seeing, TVLine has confirmed.

Cougar Town Exclusive: Ellie’s Mother Is…

Happy Juleson isn’t splitting up, be assured. They’re instead checking into therapy as a preventative measure, no doubt fueled by their differing opinions on the baby question and the revelation that Grayson already has a kid.

As we previously reported, Briga Heelan will be joining the cast for several episodes as a young woman whom Grayson hooked up with years ago and — it will be revealed — got pregnant.

There is no word yet on exactly when Cougar Town, which has been slated for “midseason,” will return to ABC’s lineup.

Sullivan most recently co-starred on $#*! My Dad Says, while her other credits include Family Guy, King of Queens and Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence’s Scrubs.

1. Mark says:

Love her. Great casting news. It’s a shame all her own shows fail.

• Susan says:

I love her too and I sure hope they don’t cancel this show! ABC has a great line up and this show is included as one of the funniest shows they have. There are too many reality shows any more, bring back these great sitcoms!

• navagirl says:

Umm… All her shows do not fail… anyone remember a little show called “Friends?” In any case, Cougar Town is timely, funny and frankly a breath of fresh air in a ridiculously over “reality showed” line-up. ABC would be making a HUGE mistake to if they do not bring it back as there is nothing else like it on television and it is actually good (what a concept!). The cast has great chemistry, the acting is great and the writing is clever, what more could one want? Okay, I guess people with a stick up their backside might want it to tone it down a little, but they need to get a life. How can idiotic reality shows continue to rule the airwaves when shows with clever writing and great acting are barely holding on?

2. Asha says:

You could post a story about Cougar Town that read, “Cougar Town star litters” and you know what I would still be really effing thrilled that at least Cougar Town is still being written about. I’m really scared it isn’t going to make it back to TV, and if so it will be abbreviated and then gone forever. Abed and I have that in common.

3. JJ says:

Thanks again for keeping us updated on Cougar Town! Can’t wait for its return!

4. Sivat says:

Thank you for keeping Cougar Town in people’s minds while the show is on hiatus. It’s the funniest show on television. Come back soon with your new name, CT!!

5. Julie says:

PLEASE bring Cougar Town back!! It was the best sitcom since Friends.

6. tigersmurfette says:

cant wait for this show!! and its grules, not juleson. lol.

7. the girl says:

Dear programming guys @ ABC,
    I really enjoy Happy Endings, but if you don’t hurry up and schedule a start date for Cougar Town, I will commence to boycotting all of your Wednesday night shows.
    I will still watch Grey’s and Private Practice because, well, I’m not a monster. And besides, those are on Thursdays, so they obvs don’t count.
    I think this is a very reasonable request from an extremely dedicated ABC fan. I do, after all, watch GA, PP, MF, CT, HE, Revenge, & DH. And have already decided that I am IN for Once Upon a Time. I mean REALLY in. That also won’t affect my boycott, as it is scheduled for Sundays.
    SCHEDULE COUGAR TOWN NOW!!! *scowling face* Seeing me wrathful will really kick ass.
    Sincerly, the girl

8. lacey says:

I loved it when Nicole Sullivan guest starred on Scrubs so I’m all for her stopping by Cougar Town. Juleson in therapy should be funny, and they need to bring along the rest of the cul de sac crew for at least one session. Oh my, can you just imagine that poor therapist having to deal with Laurie or Bobby hijacking the session, now that would be funny.

9. Sarah says:

Much as I love this news, my favorite couple will always be Andy and Ellie.

10. Sherrie says:

Cougartown is the BEST show on tv – I can’t wait for it to return!

11. Heat says:

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW – KEEP RUNNING ALAP!

12. moni says:

my husband and I love this show!!! I am glad to hear it is just on hiatus, and that it has not been cancelled, like so many other good shows have! Waiting for their Fall 2011 premiere…so hurry ABC!!!!

13. Di says: