Fall TV Preview

American Horror Story: Watch the First Five (Very Spooky) Minutes Now!

You thought the house in Amityville Horror was freaky deaky? Wait until you step foot inside the haunted mansion at the center of FX’s American Horror Story.

But don’t take our word for it. Check out the following video (provided by AOL TV) featuring the first five minutes of the Oct. 5 premiere and see for yourself.

Scoop: Heroes‘ Zachary Quinto Joins FX’s American Horror Story For Major Arc

First, a little exposition: Every episode of the show — which stars Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott and Taissa Farmiga as a family that relocates from Boston to Los Angeles — opens with a flashback to a moment in the house’s history. This one takes viewers to 1978, when two ginger-headed twin boys foolishly make their way into the creeptastic basement.

You might want to grab a pillow before you hit play.

Comments (29)

• So excited for this show!!! I think this may be Ryan Murphy’s best show he’s ever created.

Comment by Dan – September 30, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this fukin weird. its going to be awesome.

Comment by João Amaral – September 30, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish this was on in Canada.

Comment by Sivat – September 30, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be. FX Canada starts at the end of October.

Comment by Captain – September 30, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope. My cable provider won’t carry FX Canada.

Comment by Sivat – September 30, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So, you mean to say that you wish your cable provider carried a FX Canada…

Comment by Tarc – September 30, 2011 11:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It seems pretty intense, and that was only the first 5 minutes! This isn’t really a genre we see on TV that often, but I’m excited to see how it is received by audiences.
    I’ll be watching for sure.

Comment by Carrie – September 30, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always notice tiny things, was the animal on the ground meant to look like it was still alive??, It was breathing.

Comment by Martin – September 30, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same thing – but I think it was meant as something that should have warned the boys, since they should have realized that the attack on the possum was recent, know what I mean?

Comment by ashlie – September 30, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not the biggest fan of Ryan Murphey to be honest, but I do love Connie Britton and the premise has potential so I’ll give it a shot.

Comment by Lily – September 30, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Martin I noticed that too, and you could see the pool of blood expanding and im pretty sure you no longer bleed out once you die. Maybe its a hint to something else in the show?

Comment by Jess – September 30, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gingers don’t have souls.

Comment by Adam – September 30, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um. . . that wasn’t scary. That was pretty lame.

Comment by Jon – September 30, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, well… I’m two episodes in and this clip doesn’t begin to scratch the surface.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 30, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do things/people/whatever jump out at the audience? That’s what scares me. I want to watch but I want to be prepared.

Comment by English – October 1, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Umm… I was kind of scared.

Comment by Karissa – September 30, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah well not everyone is as cool as you, clearly.

Comment by Velvet Cyberpunk – September 30, 2011 07:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or rather, not evenrone is so fakely jaded…

Comment by Tarc – September 30, 2011 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with Matt! Wait until you see the end of pilot!

Comment by Jared – September 30, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha was that the Killer Victorian Infant? Looks more like a deranged mental patient… So excited!

Comment by Karissa – September 30, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can I check out the first few episodes?

Comment by Anthony Newhall – September 30, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those were some creepy ginger, they totally fit Elliott from Scrubs’ phobia. And they were mean, I was rooting for the house before they even got in the door. “We’ve got bats!” Not anymore suckers.

Comment by Alice – September 30, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m never going to sleep now. Why did I watch that before bed? It’s pretty freaking scary!

Comment by Jenn – September 30, 2011 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to watch this show so bad but I know I will not be able to handle it :(

Comment by Amely – September 30, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t scared of that clip… I’ll be giving this show a shot because I love Connie Britton, but eh. I wish something like this would have made it onto HBO or Showtime, although FX does typically tend to push limits.

Comment by Jay – October 1, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for this show!

Comment by Octavia345 – October 2, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As I was about that age in 1978, I can assure you that we did not say “awesome.” We said “cool.” Also, I don’t think those explosive snap things were available yet.

Comment by Albatross – October 3, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those snaps have been around since the 50′s.

Comment by Jason – October 4, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna watch this show soooo bad, BUT I know it’s already complete garbage after this 5 min scene.

Get a clue, people. I guarantee this show will fall flat on its ass with wretched, boring writing. It’s already flat in the first 5 min of the pilot!! It seriously cannot get better than this.

Comment by glick – October 6, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post