TVLine Items: Nikita Newbie Promoted, CSI: NY Collars House Alum, OLTL Scoop and More!
Nikita‘s newest addition, Dillon Casey — who joined The CW drama in last week’s Season 2 premiere — has been promoted from recurring player to series regular, our sister site Deadline reports. Guess this means he’ll have plenty of time to fall head over heels for Alex — and vice-versa.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• CSI: NY has tapped House alum Michael Weston to play a former crime lab agent who once worked with Jo (Sela Ward) in Washington, per TVGuide.com. His episode will air Nov. 18.
• Gillian Vigman (The Hangover) will recur on ABC’s new comedy Suburgatory as the wife of Alan Tudyk’s ‘burbs dad, per EW.com.
• Comedy Central Roast regular Lisa Lampanelli will appear on an upcoming episode of NBC’s Whitney, Vulture reports. She’ll play the manager of a dog pound who decides if the titular leading lady and her boyfriend Chris (Chris D’Elia) are suitable pet parents.
• One Life to Live actor Sean Ringgold (Shaun) has signed on to join four of his co-stars — Erika Slezak included — on Prospect Park’s web version of the soap, per Soap Opera Network. OLTL ends its run on ABC in January and, if all goes as planned, will immediately relaunch on the new Online Network.
• NBC has purchased a Western pilot from Sean Hayes’ (Will & Grace) production company, Deadline reports. The untitled project is set in the 1880s and centers on “a young, eccentric East Coast doctor of mental disorders who moves to a primitive Western town at the foot of the Colorado Rockies.”
• Turner Classic Movies has announced that Rolling Stone film critic Peter Travers and singer-songwriter Chris Isaak will each host the network’s primetime lineup during the first two weeks of October, while regular host Robert Osborne is on a break (until Dec. 1).
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?