NBC Increases Parenthood's Season 3 Order

Parenthood‘s third season just got a little bigger.

An NBC rep confirms that the network has ordered an additional two episodes of the drama, bringing its Season 3 order to 18.

Parenthood has been doing solid business for the Peacock on Tuesdays at 10 pm. This week’s episode actually built 5 percent on its premiere-week audience among adults 18-49.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News

1. Dan says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I’m so excited for them! they deserve it, and I’m glad we get to see a little bit more of the Bravermans.

2. Jack says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARENTHOOD IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Tammy says:

It helps that it isn’t up against Good Wife anymore

4. ChristineLA says:

It irritates me that they won’t just put us all out of our misery and pick up an entire season order. Best drama on TV right now! Okay, perhaps it is a tie between Parenthood and The Good Wife.

5. Pottsy says:

Glad to read it! I love Parenthood!

6. Alex says:

I didn’t realize it had only been picked up for 16 in the first place. What’s up with that?

• brandon says:

Totally agree. Why wouldn’t such a struggling network want to keep on a series that is actually holding its own and attracting a loyal audience?

• mandy says:

I guess that they want us to think the show is in danger of being canceled so we watch it. They did that with Chuck and Friday Night Lights too!

• Mark says:

Most people have absolutely no clue how many episodes were ordered. (Even most of us TV Line readers didn’t realize the No Bloody Clue network had ordered 16.) So the notion this is some fiendish scheme to get people to watch more is laughable. It presumes NBC is capable of that kind of fiendishness — they aren’t — or that it would have any effect — it wouldn’t.

7. ck says:

More is good.

8. Kira says:

I hope they’ll get the full 22 soon!

9. robinepowell says:

Well it’s about time this show got some recognition. Though why only 18 episodes, instead of the usual 22? Maybe NBC will increase the episode count again. ;)

10. parenthoodfan says:

BEST SHOW ON TV! more people need to recognize how amazing this show truly is! anyone who liked Friday Night Lights or likes Jason Katims should DEFINITELY watch Parenthood! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

11. Cin says:

Best family show on TV!!!

12. Kayla kleeschulte says:

WHOOOO HOOO I’m so glad that NBC has ordered more episodes!!!

13. Jackie says:

Great news! Great show! Full season please NBC!

14. Stacey says:

Maybe they can afford a better hairdresser now. Haddie and Drew look terrible, and Amber’s hair also looks stupid but fits in with the character.

15. DryedMangoez says:

They had only ordered 16 originally?

16. JB Smooove says:

Uh Friday Night Lights. NBC doesn’t back great dramas.

17. Lana says:

Awesome. The more of the Bravermans the better! I love this show so much. I loved the rat scene in the last episode. Mae and Lauren were hilarious.

18. elle says:

I’m sooo HAPPY! italian fans are sooooo happy! thank you nbc

19. Guy says:

One of the best shows on tv. Very happy with NBC. More the better i say.

20. Chris says:

It’s odd…all the adults have great hair…why can’t they give the kids some decent haircuts. Bring back Haddie’s straight cut from Season 1. We can’t complain about Mae Whitman’s hair color…cause isn’t blonde her natural color…at lease it was when she was little. Max is an odd child anyway (and that’s not a dig at his Aspergers)…the kid is just weird in general.

• ck says:

sheeeeesh – why not focus on the positive. Hair? Really? Nothing like giving these young, talented actors/actresses complexes. Be kind.
      Everyone looks great just as they are, Love the show!!!

21. dee says:

I don’t care what anyone says that kid is sooooooooooooooo gay.

22. Caro says:

GREAT NEWS!!! I love this show. Not too much drama but enough to make it realistic. Very realistic show! That takes amazing writers, to pull that off.

23. kikay says:

One of the success stories for NBC. Fantastic show…More people need to watch it!!!

24. Martina says:

I totally agree, this is one of the best shows NBC has, I love the three generational thing.

25. Poppy says:

We should slap some sense into someone at NBC – 22 or 24 episode pick-up would be better + auto renewal for next year.

26. Conor O'Brien says:

I didnt realize that NBC only ordered 16 episodes, lets hope they keep ordering and we’ll get the full 22!! maybe even 24!! I can dream, cant I!

27. JasonRitterFan says:

What great news!

28. kevin says:

I’m surpise NBC orders just 18 episodes of PARENTHOOD this season instead of the usual 22. This is one of the network’s best scripted drama on television but I’ll be worried if it gets renewed for Season Four or perhaps last five seasons the same number of years FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ran.

29. Ruth says:

I love this show. Best show on Tuesday night.

Ruth

30. Alex says:

Brilliant news! Can’t think of a show that’s more deserving of such great news – except maybe Fringe, haha.

31. Jennifer says:

Appointment television…this is by far the best drama on tv…the dialogue between the actors is so realistic…I love that they talk over one another as ppl do when conversing in real life…love this show NBC pick it up for a full season!!!!!!!

32. Carla says:

Love, love, love Parenthood. It’s the only show that I specifically plan my Tuesdays for. Well written and realistic. No more reality TV please. NBC don’t change its location in the lineup and let it start building a solid real fan base. I have all my neighborhood gals watching it that were not in tune with it last year! YEA!

33. gpapas says:

Parenthood is one of the best shows on TV. Scripts are fabulous and YES there are families that interact and support each other the way the Braverman’s do. It is a good role model for families that don’t know the importance of “family”.
    Each cast member is very well cast. Keep up the good work. Something fun to watch.

34. Marty says:

Two best shows on TV are Parenthood and Modern Family

35. Louise says:

I have watched Parenthood from the very first, and totally enjoy it. However, even though the music is good, WOULD YOU PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING IT DURING THE DIALOGUE? It makes it very, very difficult to understand what the characters are saying. I notice this on many shows, and being older, I find it very distracting. Also, I find modern day actor/actresses aren’t as careful about their diction and entertainers used to be.

36. Jan Zupetz says:

I look forward to Patenthood every week.
    As a parent and grandparent it is real life drama that I can relate to. Thankyou for
    This and not another violent cop show!

37. MP says:

best show on tv…i could watch it every day.
    so happy its extended.

38. Alicia Shippey says:

This is the best show ever!!! I wait all week just to sit down and enjoy it with my husband. What an incredible family, well written, so well acted and just quality programming! It is an accurate portrayal of what it means to be part of a loving yet dis functional family! Please give us more…Parenthood rocks! Everything else on TV sucks when compared to this show…lots of stupid crap about superficial people. It’s shameful that the crap gets picked up,no problem yet a show like this probably won’t….man that pisses me off!