NBC Increases Parenthood's Season 3 Order

Get More: News

Parenthood‘s third season just got a little bigger.

An NBC rep confirms that the network has ordered an additional two episodes of the drama, bringing its Season 3 order to 18.

Parenthood has been doing solid business for the Peacock on Tuesdays at 10 pm. This week’s episode actually built 5 percent on its premiere-week audience among adults 18-49.

Tags: ,

Comments (51)

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. I’m so excited for them! they deserve it, and I’m glad we get to see a little bit more of the Bravermans.

Comment by Dan – September 29, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARENTHOOD IS THE BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jack – September 29, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It helps that it isn’t up against Good Wife anymore

Comment by Tammy – September 29, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It irritates me that they won’t just put us all out of our misery and pick up an entire season order. Best drama on TV right now! Okay, perhaps it is a tie between Parenthood and The Good Wife.

Comment by ChristineLA – September 29, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to read it! I love Parenthood!

Comment by Pottsy – September 29, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize it had only been picked up for 16 in the first place. What’s up with that?

Comment by Alex – September 29, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. Why wouldn’t such a struggling network want to keep on a series that is actually holding its own and attracting a loyal audience?

Comment by brandon – September 29, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess that they want us to think the show is in danger of being canceled so we watch it. They did that with Chuck and Friday Night Lights too!

Comment by mandy – September 30, 2011 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Most people have absolutely no clue how many episodes were ordered. (Even most of us TV Line readers didn’t realize the No Bloody Clue network had ordered 16.) So the notion this is some fiendish scheme to get people to watch more is laughable. It presumes NBC is capable of that kind of fiendishness — they aren’t — or that it would have any effect — it wouldn’t.

Comment by Mark – October 2, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More is good.

Comment by ck – September 29, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they’ll get the full 22 soon!

Comment by Kira – September 29, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well it’s about time this show got some recognition. Though why only 18 episodes, instead of the usual 22? Maybe NBC will increase the episode count again. ;)

Comment by robinepowell – September 29, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST SHOW ON TV! more people need to recognize how amazing this show truly is! anyone who liked Friday Night Lights or likes Jason Katims should DEFINITELY watch Parenthood! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Comment by parenthoodfan – September 29, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best family show on TV!!!

Comment by Cin – September 29, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHOOOO HOOO I’m so glad that NBC has ordered more episodes!!!

Comment by Kayla kleeschulte – September 29, 2011 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Great show! Full season please NBC!

Comment by Jackie – September 29, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe they can afford a better hairdresser now. Haddie and Drew look terrible, and Amber’s hair also looks stupid but fits in with the character.

Comment by Stacey – September 29, 2011 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haddie’s hair is bad, Amber’s hair is awful, she certainly shouldn’t be trying to make herself even uglier. And Max’s hair is still the worst hair on TV!!

Comment by Russ – September 29, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed….They need to fire the hairdresser ASAP

Comment by mandy – September 30, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They had only ordered 16 originally?

Comment by DryedMangoez – September 29, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh Friday Night Lights. NBC doesn’t back great dramas.

Comment by JB Smooove – September 29, 2011 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. The more of the Bravermans the better! I love this show so much. I loved the rat scene in the last episode. Mae and Lauren were hilarious.

Comment by Lana – September 30, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sooo HAPPY! italian fans are sooooo happy! thank you nbc

Comment by elle – September 30, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’M an italian Fan TOO
      SO thank’s NBC
      EVVAIIIIIII

Comment by fra – September 30, 2011 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on tv. Very happy with NBC. More the better i say.

Comment by Guy – September 30, 2011 01:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s odd…all the adults have great hair…why can’t they give the kids some decent haircuts. Bring back Haddie’s straight cut from Season 1. We can’t complain about Mae Whitman’s hair color…cause isn’t blonde her natural color…at lease it was when she was little. Max is an odd child anyway (and that’s not a dig at his Aspergers)…the kid is just weird in general.

Comment by Chris – September 30, 2011 01:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sheeeeesh – why not focus on the positive. Hair? Really? Nothing like giving these young, talented actors/actresses complexes. Be kind.
      Everyone looks great just as they are, Love the show!!!

Comment by ck – October 7, 2011 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what anyone says that kid is sooooooooooooooo gay.

Comment by dee – September 30, 2011 02:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ummmm….what kid? Are you sure you’re on the correct comment section?

Comment by davey – September 30, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT NEWS!!! I love this show. Not too much drama but enough to make it realistic. Very realistic show! That takes amazing writers, to pull that off.

Comment by Caro – September 30, 2011 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the success stories for NBC. Fantastic show…More people need to watch it!!!

Comment by kikay – September 30, 2011 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree, this is one of the best shows NBC has, I love the three generational thing.

Comment by Martina – September 30, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We should slap some sense into someone at NBC – 22 or 24 episode pick-up would be better + auto renewal for next year.

Comment by Poppy – September 30, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didnt realize that NBC only ordered 16 episodes, lets hope they keep ordering and we’ll get the full 22!! maybe even 24!! I can dream, cant I!

Comment by Conor O'Brien – September 30, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What great news!

Comment by JasonRitterFan – September 30, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surpise NBC orders just 18 episodes of PARENTHOOD this season instead of the usual 22. This is one of the network’s best scripted drama on television but I’ll be worried if it gets renewed for Season Four or perhaps last five seasons the same number of years FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS ran.

Comment by kevin – September 30, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show. Best show on Tuesday night.

Ruth

Comment by Ruth – September 30, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brilliant news! Can’t think of a show that’s more deserving of such great news – except maybe Fringe, haha.

Comment by Alex – September 30, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES…. Fringe and Parenthood!

Comment by Suzanne – October 3, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Appointment television…this is by far the best drama on tv…the dialogue between the actors is so realistic…I love that they talk over one another as ppl do when conversing in real life…love this show NBC pick it up for a full season!!!!!!!

Comment by Jennifer – October 9, 2011 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, love, love Parenthood. It’s the only show that I specifically plan my Tuesdays for. Well written and realistic. No more reality TV please. NBC don’t change its location in the lineup and let it start building a solid real fan base. I have all my neighborhood gals watching it that were not in tune with it last year! YEA!

Comment by Carla – October 11, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood is one of the best shows on TV. Scripts are fabulous and YES there are families that interact and support each other the way the Braverman’s do. It is a good role model for families that don’t know the importance of “family”.
    Each cast member is very well cast. Keep up the good work. Something fun to watch.

Comment by gpapas – October 13, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two best shows on TV are Parenthood and Modern Family

Comment by Marty – October 21, 2011 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched Parenthood from the very first, and totally enjoy it. However, even though the music is good, WOULD YOU PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING IT DURING THE DIALOGUE? It makes it very, very difficult to understand what the characters are saying. I notice this on many shows, and being older, I find it very distracting. Also, I find modern day actor/actresses aren’t as careful about their diction and entertainers used to be.

Comment by Louise – November 10, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward to Patenthood every week.
    As a parent and grandparent it is real life drama that I can relate to. Thankyou for
    This and not another violent cop show!

Comment by Jan Zupetz – November 27, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • best show on tv…i could watch it every day.
    so happy its extended.

Comment by MP – December 3, 2011 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best show ever!!! I wait all week just to sit down and enjoy it with my husband. What an incredible family, well written, so well acted and just quality programming! It is an accurate portrayal of what it means to be part of a loving yet dis functional family! Please give us more…Parenthood rocks! Everything else on TV sucks when compared to this show…lots of stupid crap about superficial people. It’s shameful that the crap gets picked up,no problem yet a show like this probably won’t….man that pisses me off!

Comment by Alicia Shippey – December 13, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post