Exclusive

Exclusive: House Admits Rescue Me's John Scurti

SPOILER ALERT: Rescue Me fans still mourning the tragic, series-ending death of Ken Shea, should find some comfort in this next sentence: He’s aliiiiiiive!

Well, at least you can pretend he is when his portrayer, John Scurti, pops up on House later this fall.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the actor-writer will guest star as a clinic patient treated by Hugh Laurie’s titular MD in an episode slated to air in November.

No word if he’ll be playing a burn victim. (Too soon?)

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. HAPPY01 says:

Glad there are some people that die off other shows and just pop up somewhere else.
    I’d like to pop up on HOUSE as an patient to HOUSE the run around the hospital, let him diagnosis me. It could be very interesting on what he can or could find what ails me to LOVE him more.

• I think i would be a great guest star on HOUSE as a patient.I have a million things wrong with me, really. I am 48 years old and have been diagnosed with several health problems since age4,i am in a wheelshair trying to get mobility back,and really do look the part(n9 makeup needed . I HAVE BEEN A BIG FAN OF HOUSE SINCE DAY 1 AND THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT TO MEET ALL OF THE CAST, DON,T NEED TO LOOK SICK BECAUSE I ALREADY AM. wISH THERE WAS A REAL DR.HOUSE!! I NEED ONE!!! GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON:) If you need me look me up (for real)

2. Sam says:

So… any news about the show aside from the plethora of guest stars? Like, I dunno, some storyline scoop? What’s going on with the ACTUAL CHARACTERS??

3. Jeff says:

Wow, nice job spoiling something that huge right in the description of the article.

Here’s a hint, Ausiello: saying “spoiler alert” doesn’t matter when you put the spoiler right after so that a person’s eyes will very likely still see key words from the spoiler. And of course, this was posted on the Facebook news feed as well.

Nice job, great journalism.

• Siriusalien says:

The character isn’t alive! He’s alluding to tyhe actor being alive. As in back working.

• Heather says:

I actually think he was referring to the fact that Lt. Shea died in the series finale of Rescue Me. The fact that he is alive was kind of clear from the headline.

4. Chris says:

House will miraculously get his job back at the hospital. No one will care about the new cast members except for Odette who is Thirteen 2.0. Cuddy bails. Thirteen can’t stop making movies. Foreman and Chase will stay on the backburner while Taub fights with his wife and Wilson gets walked all over by house. Cue pointless dream sequences and dance numbers and that’s a wrap for season 8.

• QWERTY says:

You forgot about hookers and pill popping! Not to mention the love of House’s life, Domenika. Does a year in jail nullify their marriage? Will she still get her green card?? I HAVE TO KNOW!
      Also Aus has been pretty mum about the premiere, I mean, it’s only a few days away, surely there’s some juicy tidbit he can reveal to help lessen the agony of waiting…

• me says:

The new doctor is nothing like Thirteen, I don’t know why everyone compares them

• D says:

Because they’re pretty and white. Which is amusing, considering the notions that they were hired as eye candy is just as discriminatory as declaring them eye candy.

5. canitorafi says:

House M.D will be very interesting this season with these guest stars. I guess the John Scurti’s character can be a policeman or a judge. But I don´t think that he has a character related to Rescue Me.

Thanks for the news, Ausiello.

6. Smiley face says:

It would be awesome to see christopher meloni a.k.a det. Stabler show up on house mainly cause I miss him

7. Sheila says:

I hope in season 8 we get more about House’s biological father. That was sort of left in mid air. Wilson needs a love interest to. Taub was never going to be a dad and now has 2 women carrying his babies. That should be a good story line.

8. D says:

To Sam : but they told you & still telling all you need to know about the characters. Didn’t you know ; it’s all about Odett’s Adams & to lesser extent Charlyne now. The rest of the team don’t exist anymore( well, except for Tauby). Their names are still in the credits though( remember S4,5 ? ) so that should keep you watching….Not!

9. BEBE BULLET says:

I would luv to see my two fav actors primarly HUGH LAURIE and then PETER GREENE be in an episode together. two bad boys minds meeting would be in credible. Peter would be a great patient for Hughs patients. I heard season 8 was the last my heart sunk when i heard that prey tell me its not true! i at this point cannot function without my HOUSE fix!!

10. kaite says:

I am so done with House, but I may watch John’s scenes online because he is still great!

11. CJ says:

Too soon, Ausiello! My heart is still broken from that finale!

12. Sam says:

Guidelines on making negative comments about this show:

1. Please do not say anything along the lines of ‘not watching’ because it makes you look like a hypocrite. You clearly do still have an interest in the show otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

2. Ensure that your criticism makes sense. Don’t spit on the new actors or say that the season’s plot is rubbish. You haven’t seen it yet. You wouldn’t know.

3. If you’re claiming something, for example that this will be the last season, and it is in fact a claim and not an opinion, please back it up with evidence of some sort.

4. Lisa Edelstein left of her own free will. There has been no proof that she felt compelled to do so. This is not true for Jennifer Morrison, who was, in fact, written out of the show. It is extremely unlikely that either of them will return.

5. Whether House and Cuddy’s relationship/breakup ‘destroyed’ the show is a matter of personal opinion. Nobody wants to hear anyone else’s thoughts on this subject. There’s been too much of it already.

6. Please use correct spelling and grammar. Trust me. We’ll respect you more.

13. Hi there I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I
    am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and
    a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I
    have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when
    I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent work.