Exclusive

Exclusive: Law & Order: SVU Casts Medium Teenager in Harrowing Role

It won’t take a psychic to predict that fans of dearly departed Medium will be setting their DVRs for an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU. That’s because Sofia Vassilieva, who spent seven seasons playing Ariel Dubois (eldest daughter of Patricia Arquette’s Allison), has been cast in a pivotal guest-starring role as a rape victim.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Gossip Girl, Grey’s, Castle, SVU, Bones, Community and More!

Vassilieva will play Sarah Reese, a self-reliant, bohemian girl and shining star of her middle-class suburban family who comes to New York City on a piano scholarship, but loses her inner light after she’s attacked in her own apartment, according to an SVU insider. Vassilieva’s role will coincide with the SVU debut of Andre Braugher, who has signed on as a defense attorney hired by Sarah’s attacker.

Excited to see Vassilieva back on the small screen? Surprised to see her in such a harrowing role? Sound off in the comments, and for all our casting news and scoop, follow us on Twitter @TVLineNews.

1. Jamie says:

I don’t want L&O, but I’ll watch this episode.

Love her.

She was fantastic in MEDIUM and “My Sister’s Keeper”.

2. V says:

Ariel!

I’ve missed Medium so much, I’ve been wondering what did happen with the cast.

3. Hannah says:

This is awesome. Sofia was the best actress on Medium! Can’t wait to see this episode!!

4. Juliana says:

Everytime i see her all i can think about is Eloise, Eloise, Eloise!

5. Joe says:

How nice to see Sofia again. I’m a big fan of L&O SVU. I’ll be watching. Best to you Sofia.

6. Crystal says:

I cannot wait for this episode. She’s such a talented person with a beautiful smile!

7. Chris says:

Glad to see Sofia’s getting screen time post-Medium but I doubt I’ll be watching this SVU. She’s a very talented young lady and she’s proven she can do the tough stuff via My Sister’s Keeper. But I don’t find rape storylines like SVU is partial to very entertaining and this is not a role I’m too anxious to see her in. Still if this keeps her out there and can help her net another show as good as Medium was, I hope she knocks it out of the park.

8. Mari says:

She is an amazing actress!! Love L&O and her can’t wait for the epp to air!!

9. Linderella says:

“Ariel” is all grown up! It’s great to see her back…hope she’s been able to pursue her education since last we saw her. The entire cast of Medium was awesome, but Sofia was definitely a standout even as a young girl. This is a definite plus for L&O.

10. Lauren says:

She was absolutely amazing on My Sister’s Keeper, looking forward to seeing her on SVU. Never watched Medium. I watched the beginning of an episode where she was having a vision and it really freaked me out.

11. Diana says:

I love law & O I love all the people who make this possible

12. JohnDoe says:

I’m still angry with the fact that the inferior writers on SVU these days decided to so nonchalantly write Jack McCoy out of the L&O universe. He was DA just earlier this year, and all of a sudden he isn’t anymore? Sorry, but this tells me the Law and Order universe is quickly coming to an end. There just isn’t L&O without Jack.

• NitaPita says:

JohnDoe- Perhaps Sam Waterston no longer wanted to play Jack McCoy? Did you ever consider that? Probably not, you’re as bad as the ones who cannot fathom that Meloni quit!

• DJ says:

@NitaPita

Wow, what wit. Even if that’s the case, they could have done more than mention in passing that there is a new DA. You know, like they did with Meloni’s exit.

13. MamaLarson3 says:

For those of you justifiably missing Mr. Meloni, this will make you VERY happy:

14. Gabriel says:

Very talented young actress! This is the kind of guest role that could garner her an Emmy nomination.

15. jay says:

Watched medium over and over again with Sofia in it. She is just an amazing woman and a wonderful actress. Not that well known in the UK so I represent her and all the other fans in the UK. Will be definately watching SVU to see how she will take on the roll. To date she is the only woman to bring me to tears in a film(my sisters keeper), I wonder what she will do in this roll.
    Stay beautiful Sofia

Jay xx

16. someone says:

i am irrevocably in love with her

17. barbra moore says:

i love law and order svu and its a good show to which every week on tuesday.

18. Gail says:

Eloise at the plaza! I love Sophia. Best actress in Hollywood. I loved medium Eloise and hurt. I am glad she went to college but look forward to more acting in her future!