Scoop: Bones' John Francis Daley Crosses Over to The Finder

The first official Bones/Finder crossover is upon us.

John Francis Daley’s Bones shrink, Sweets, is set to pop up on the show’s spinoff this season, TVLine has confirmed.

“Who is more qualified to examine [Geoff Stults'] brain damaged paranoid finder than Sweets?” exec producer Stephen Nathan jokes to TVLine. “I think the FBI made a very good choice sending him.”

The Finder Duo Tackle Cast Changes, Bones Crossover Buzz and Their ‘Father/Son’ Dynamic

Daley — who has a little time on his hands now that Bones is on a three-month hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel’s maternity leave — is expected to be the first of several Bones vets to cross over to The Finder. David Boreanaz, meanwhile, has already signed on to direct an upcoming installment.

Exclusive: Fox’s The Finder Recruits Chuck Badass, Teen Newcomer

Season 7 of Bones launches Nov. 3, with The Finder debuting at midseason.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Scoop, Winter TV Preview

1. Guy says:

Sorry but the Bones cast should stick with it’s own show. I don’t like the idea of a Bones character popping up every 2nd or 3rd episode. It isn’t Bones it’s The Finder!

• Lauren says:

I don’t think they would if Bones was running normally, but they obviously want to use the Bones cast to give the Finder a bit of a push, and what’s the harm if Bones isn’t using them. I won’t be watching if just Sweets joins, but if they add Hodgins and Angela I might check it out. Wasn’t really hooked by the pilot, but I didn’t mind the guys. Was majorly turned off by Saffron Burrows, so glad she left.

• Wendy says:

@Lauren, I’m with you in the not watching part. And while I do like Sweets/JFD, I don’t like him enough to subject myself to “The Finder” as the back door pilot wasted enough of my time.

That said? Also like you stated, if Angela and Hodgins (MC/TJT) went over, I’d have to rethink that. Of the secondary cast, I like them best.

Still, glad some of the cast is finding some work to do while “Bones” is on hiatus.

• Nancy Gray says:

Lauren

I very much enjoyed The Finder. I do not like the idea of Hodgins and Angela going over to another show, even if it is the The Finder. I think that BONES has a very unique cast and that is what makes it so great. It is ok if they guest star on other programs but only guest star.

Emily and David are seldom seen on talk shows/other shows. Maybe they are resting between seasons and that is what makes them so good. Some of the dialogue would be very difficult to remember. BONES IS A GREAT SHOW and should be left alone.

Nancy-Halifax 08/24/12

• suzyku says:

It won’t help because the finder was awful! I still won’t watch it.

• yeahbut says:

Yeah but so far the Finder only exists as a hijacked episode of Bones so your protectiveness seems a little well, odd.

I like the paranoid aspect of his personality though I find his “skills” a little hard to believe. Like MCD, don’t like that they canned SB but do like MM from Chuck so I’m kind of on the fence with the show.

Sweets being there might tip me over to the watch side.

2. T.T says:

never saw an ep of bones but i’m lookin forward to finder.

3. 1mars says:

We already saw a Finder ep and was not impressed. They could have both David and Emily back and it still wouldn’t interest me.

4. Bella says:

Same here. I was bored with the Finder. If Bones people show up, though, like Sweets or any others, I’ll probably watch those episodes just to get my Bones fix in while waiting for the real show to return.

5. Cee says:

I like Sweets. Still not gonna watch The Finder, though.

6. Kim says:

Definitely going to watch The Finder, especially since characters from Bones will show up on it.

7. Sally says:

Nope, still have no interest in this show whatsoever.

8. Guy says:

Sorry but that is a cop out. I love Bones but I am not going to watch another show because the cast is slipping in all the time. This is what FOX want you to do so The Finder does well. I won’t be watching The Finder because I didn’t like it. It’s not like Grey’s/PP crossovers because Addison was part if the Grey’s cast for a few years. That’s the difference here. This was a backdoor pilot thrown together and FOX thought why not make it the Bones spinoff. Yeah right

9. Amy says:

i am definitely going to give it a chance

10. Liz Gilbert says:

I am giving The Finder a chance. I liked Geoff, now if they can find the right chemistry with the rest of his team I think it could be a great show. I think what makes Bones such a good show is the characters and the quirkyness, not the actual crimes. I can’t stand watching any of the CSIs, they’re just so boring. And The Finder pilot certainly was quirky. And I love Sweets and I’m glad I’ll get to see him while Bones is on break. Sweets is one of my favorite characters and bringing him in sounds great. Can’t wait. I hope everything goes well.

11. Eileen says:

I’ll give it a shot. It doesn’t matter to me who is in the cast. I enjoyed the books, which is what got me watching Bones in the first place. I actually liked the episode and remember thinking “this could be a decent show” not knowing that that was in the works. Besides, it’s television. Something I don’t take too seriously. I’d prefer something like this than a reality show/singing contest.

12. Dakota says:

Im actually happy to see Bones characters crossover. The crossovers between the shows just adds a bit more to the show and will definitely keep my attention.I think show has great potential and ultimately be just as good as Bones.

13. Cloudy Knight says:

Why would an FBI guy be examining this guy? He’s not FBI, he’s not even employed by the Government. He had that one-off deal from the back door pilot (a tenuous connection at best) and now all these characters from the FBI and the Jeffersonian are going to cross paths with the guy again? Why?

14. Lisa says:

Are you kidding me? I feel a bit sorry for John Francis Daley because Bones fans haven’t shown much interest for the Finder. That includes me. I really don’t like any of the actors.

15. Viggi says:

Sorry, I did not like Finder. I hope they are just doing guest shots and totally don’t go there permanently. My show is Bones. Why they should be doing guess shots on talk show to promote Bones.
    The emmy’s ignore a great show. It’s a drama with humor. The cast is great together. Do not separate them.