Scoop: Bones' John Francis Daley Crosses Over to The Finder

The first official Bones/Finder crossover is upon us.

John Francis Daley’s Bones shrink, Sweets, is set to pop up on the show’s spinoff this season, TVLine has confirmed.

“Who is more qualified to examine [Geoff Stults'] brain damaged paranoid finder than Sweets?” exec producer Stephen Nathan jokes to TVLine. “I think the FBI made a very good choice sending him.”

The Finder Duo Tackle Cast Changes, Bones Crossover Buzz and Their ‘Father/Son’ Dynamic

Daley — who has a little time on his hands now that Bones is on a three-month hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel’s maternity leave — is expected to be the first of several Bones vets to cross over to The Finder. David Boreanaz, meanwhile, has already signed on to direct an upcoming installment.

Exclusive: Fox’s The Finder Recruits Chuck Badass, Teen Newcomer

Season 7 of Bones launches Nov. 3, with The Finder debuting at midseason.

Comments (21)

• Sorry but the Bones cast should stick with it’s own show. I don’t like the idea of a Bones character popping up every 2nd or 3rd episode. It isn’t Bones it’s The Finder!

Comment by Guy – September 29, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they would if Bones was running normally, but they obviously want to use the Bones cast to give the Finder a bit of a push, and what’s the harm if Bones isn’t using them. I won’t be watching if just Sweets joins, but if they add Hodgins and Angela I might check it out. Wasn’t really hooked by the pilot, but I didn’t mind the guys. Was majorly turned off by Saffron Burrows, so glad she left.

Comment by Lauren – September 29, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • @Lauren, I’m with you in the not watching part. And while I do like Sweets/JFD, I don’t like him enough to subject myself to “The Finder” as the back door pilot wasted enough of my time.

That said? Also like you stated, if Angela and Hodgins (MC/TJT) went over, I’d have to rethink that. Of the secondary cast, I like them best.

Still, glad some of the cast is finding some work to do while “Bones” is on hiatus.

Comment by Wendy – September 29, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lauren

I very much enjoyed The Finder. I do not like the idea of Hodgins and Angela going over to another show, even if it is the The Finder. I think that BONES has a very unique cast and that is what makes it so great. It is ok if they guest star on other programs but only guest star.

Emily and David are seldom seen on talk shows/other shows. Maybe they are resting between seasons and that is what makes them so good. Some of the dialogue would be very difficult to remember. BONES IS A GREAT SHOW and should be left alone.

Nancy-Halifax 08/24/12

Comment by Nancy Gray – August 24, 2012 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It won’t help because the finder was awful! I still won’t watch it.

Comment by suzyku – September 29, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah but so far the Finder only exists as a hijacked episode of Bones so your protectiveness seems a little well, odd.

I like the paranoid aspect of his personality though I find his “skills” a little hard to believe. Like MCD, don’t like that they canned SB but do like MM from Chuck so I’m kind of on the fence with the show.

Sweets being there might tip me over to the watch side.

Comment by yeahbut – September 29, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never saw an ep of bones but i’m lookin forward to finder.

Comment by T.T – September 29, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We already saw a Finder ep and was not impressed. They could have both David and Emily back and it still wouldn’t interest me.

Comment by 1mars – September 29, 2011 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Same here. I was bored with the Finder. If Bones people show up, though, like Sweets or any others, I’ll probably watch those episodes just to get my Bones fix in while waiting for the real show to return.

Comment by Bella – September 29, 2011 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Sweets. Still not gonna watch The Finder, though.

Comment by Cee – September 29, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely going to watch The Finder, especially since characters from Bones will show up on it.

Comment by Kim – September 29, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nope, still have no interest in this show whatsoever.

Comment by Sally – September 29, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry but that is a cop out. I love Bones but I am not going to watch another show because the cast is slipping in all the time. This is what FOX want you to do so The Finder does well. I won’t be watching The Finder because I didn’t like it. It’s not like Grey’s/PP crossovers because Addison was part if the Grey’s cast for a few years. That’s the difference here. This was a backdoor pilot thrown together and FOX thought why not make it the Bones spinoff. Yeah right

Comment by Guy – September 29, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am definitely going to give it a chance

Comment by Amy – September 30, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am giving The Finder a chance. I liked Geoff, now if they can find the right chemistry with the rest of his team I think it could be a great show. I think what makes Bones such a good show is the characters and the quirkyness, not the actual crimes. I can’t stand watching any of the CSIs, they’re just so boring. And The Finder pilot certainly was quirky. And I love Sweets and I’m glad I’ll get to see him while Bones is on break. Sweets is one of my favorite characters and bringing him in sounds great. Can’t wait. I hope everything goes well.

Comment by Liz Gilbert – September 30, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a shot. It doesn’t matter to me who is in the cast. I enjoyed the books, which is what got me watching Bones in the first place. I actually liked the episode and remember thinking “this could be a decent show” not knowing that that was in the works. Besides, it’s television. Something I don’t take too seriously. I’d prefer something like this than a reality show/singing contest.

Comment by Eileen – September 30, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im actually happy to see Bones characters crossover. The crossovers between the shows just adds a bit more to the show and will definitely keep my attention.I think show has great potential and ultimately be just as good as Bones.

Comment by Dakota – September 30, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would an FBI guy be examining this guy? He’s not FBI, he’s not even employed by the Government. He had that one-off deal from the back door pilot (a tenuous connection at best) and now all these characters from the FBI and the Jeffersonian are going to cross paths with the guy again? Why?

Comment by Cloudy Knight – September 30, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me? I feel a bit sorry for John Francis Daley because Bones fans haven’t shown much interest for the Finder. That includes me. I really don’t like any of the actors.

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • However, I do like John Francis Daley :)

Comment by Lisa – October 3, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I did not like Finder. I hope they are just doing guest shots and totally don’t go there permanently. My show is Bones. Why they should be doing guess shots on talk show to promote Bones.
    The emmy’s ignore a great show. It’s a drama with humor. The cast is great together. Do not separate them.

Comment by Viggi – October 4, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post