Lost fan fave Sonya Walger has landed a role in USA Network’s upcoming buddy cop drama, Common Law. The actress — who most recently co-starred on ABC’s short-lived FlashForward — will play Dr. Emma Ryan, “a smart, attractive psychiatrist with a keen sense of humor,” EW.com reports.
Common Law stars Warren Kole (The Chicago Code) and Michael Ealy (Sleeper Cell) as constantly-quarreling detectives forced into couples therapy — hence Walger’s shrink.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Tamera Mowry is set to join her twin sister, sister for an episode of BET’s The Game next season. “They’ve been trying to find a way to bring her on organically,” Tia tells TVGuide.com, “and the way [she guest-stars], it’s hysterical.”
• 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park, an exclusive behind-the-scenes documentary film on the long-running animated series, will premiere Sunday, Oct. 9 at 10/9c on Comedy Central. You can take a look at the trailer here, but fair warning, there is (of course) some offensive language.
• Laid-back music man Jimmy Buffett has landed a guest spot on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, playing a pilotpalfriend of Terry O’Quinn’s Commander Joe White, EW.com reports.
• The CW’s America’s Next Top Model is switching up the judges panel for Cycle 18. According to People.com, fashion publicist (and former Hills star) Kelly Cutrone will replace André Leon Talley.
• Showtime has given the green light to a feature-length documentary on volatile Death Row Records co-founder, Suge Knight.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?