Exclusive

Exclusive: The Mentalist Has a Sexy Rematch With V's Morena Baccarin

Get ready to see Jane squirm.

Former V sextra-terrestrial Morena Baccarin is returning to The Mentalist later this season to set off a new round of sparks with leading man Simon Baker, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Mentalist Casting News: Shield Alum
Is Assigned to Red John Case

Baccarin’s character, professional matchmaker Erica Flynn, was last seen heading to jail after being arrested for her complicity in a murder. Executive producer Bruno Heller declined to reveal the circumstances surrounding the character’s comeback, except to say that it marks “the return of one of the few people who can mess with Jane’s mind.”

News of Baccarin’s Mentalist encore comes as the Firefly alumna gears up for the premiere of her extremely well-received new Showtime thriller Homeland (airing Sunday at 10/9c).

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. kote says:

Oh, Inara.

2. Ilena says:

I hate her character. Ufffff, the chapter was not bad, but his character is definiately hateful.

3. vivien says:

This is awesome! I loved her :)
    (And yes, I am indeed a Jisbon shipper!)

• Natalie says:

Jane and Lisbon are great together. Was hoping for some news on them. And speaking of the Morena Baccarin episode, I thought it was cool seeing Lisbon watch the video Patrick had on his computer in that episode. Also, I’ve heard good things about “Homeland.” Might have to check it out. And as always, thanks for the scoopage, Mike. This is my favorite place to get entertainment news. :)

• ultimate troll says:

Jane and Lisbon are great together – as friends. Very lonely friends but also very platonic friends. The show has never hinted at anything other than that. Jane’s perpetually tortured by the loss of his wife and child and if he ever thought about a romantic relationship it was with that psychic that RJ broke – so he won’t make that mistake again.

4. Lizzie says:

Baccarin’s character, Erica Flynn, was not arrested for “complicity in a murder”, but for murder. She had an accomplice, but it was she who did the deed.

5. Alicia says:

My guess is she has information that can help grant her clemency or there is a murder victim that she is some how related to! I enjoyed her it was a nice change of pace in last season for her to come in and stir things up a little. Its nice to see a woman that can push Jane around a little bit!

6. ESLKid75 says:

I’m a fan too! Her topless scene in the Homeland pilot was just HOT! :-)

7. Cynthia says:

I love this!

8. Lea says:

I don’t really think I like it. I mean, Morena is great, but her character is disgusting imho. Well, talking about “disgusting” they brought back Kristina Frye once, so Erica returning is not a surprise for me.

9. Jim says:

Anything with Morena is exciting to watch, but even better still would be an appearance on Castle! That has yet to happen, but we all can dream, huh?

10. Nerwen Aldarion says:

YESSSSSSSSS I loved her character, I loved how much Jane hated her and how she could get inside of his head. I don’t get why people are all worried he’ll be interested in her, I don’t see Jane cozying up with a murderer!

But it will be fun!

11. swthompson says:

One million bonus points for “sextraterrestrial.” If it’s not a word, contact the Fringe writers and make it so! LOL

12. Jenni says:

I loved their face off last time. She was one of the few people who could get under Jane’s skin. He knew she was guilty but she still messed with him a bit. Jane was not interested in her in that way. It was more of a vibe he has with Bret Stiles, that cult leader.

13. sell says:

I loved her.
    They bring back a lot of guest stars from previous seasons which is cool. I hope Bret Stiles and Walter Mashburn will return too.

14. Dany says:

I hate her character. I hope your back is just to hold it for some crime that she never return.