Ratings: New Girl Repeats as Tuesday's Demo Darling, NCIS Tops Glee Again, Parenthood Up

Courting 9.3 million total viewers and a 4.4 rating, Fox’s New Girl continued to be veddy popular in her second outing, repeating as Tuesday’s top-rated program in the coveted 18-49 demo (dipping just 8 percent from its debut).

In doing so, the freshman comedy again improved on lead-in Glee (8.3 million/3.6), which was down 10 percent from its season opener.

Glee Recap: Go West (Side Story), Young Man!

NCIS as typical dominated the night in total viewers (with 19.2 mil, down a hair from its premiere), and also led its time period — youthful Glee included — in the demo, with a 4.2 rating.

Also of note for the night: Parenthood, with 5.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, saw slight gains in both measures versus last week… The CW’s 90210 (1.7 mil/0.8) had its most-watched episode since April 25 and was up a tick in the demo, while Ringer‘s twistiest and tightest outing to date (2 mil/0.9) rang up a small bump in viewers.

Dancing With the Stars Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home This Week?

Elsewhere:

* Week 2 of The Biggest Loser (5.8 mil/2.2) was down 6 percent in total audience.

* NCIS: LA again dominated the 9 o’clock hour with 16.1 million viewers and a 3.5 rating, as Dancing With the Stars (14 mil/2.8) slipped 4 percent.

* Raising Hope 6.3 mil/2.9) dipped 6 percent from its opener.

* At 10 pm, CBS’ Unforgettable (12.3 mil/2.5) dropped 13 percent from its debut but still came out on top. Body of Proof (9.4 mil/1.9) shed 14 percent of its opening week demo.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday night?

1. Andy says:

Ringer was up in viewers and even in ratings :)

2. Cory says:

I think you mean “Tuesday night.”

3. Svenja says:

YAY for NCIS.
    Best show on the air. People constantly tune in. They have a broad audience. From child to grandparent.
    I am so glad that they are doing well.
    Ratings are more important than some awards (little Emmy reference)

• Gretchen says:

Last night’s NCIS stole the storyline from an SVU episode.

• Nikki says:

I know! I was totally thinking the same thing re: the SVU episode. But it was still interesting. I like NCIS a lot and I hope they will give us some good Tiva this season. Tony and Ziva are great together but they’re moving at a glacial speed. You almost had me going there yesterday, Matt, with your, “Tony and Ziva get down and dirty…” thing. ;)

• ultimate troll says:

There is no Tiva, it’s just an illusion caused by crafty writers and those squinty glances Cote dePablo and Michael Weatherly throw each other.
          Jes sayin, you might as well say you’re waiting for McGee to become a cross dresser. Nevergonnahappen.

4. João Amaral says:

PARENTHOOD WOWOWOWO!!!!

5. Alex M says:

You mean Tuesday right? Unless you’re capable of time-shifting the world and programing at large.. are you that powerful… I tremble at the thought

6. kikay says:

Happy for Parenthood! Any gain in viewers is a win for this darling of a show!

7. xav says:

I really liked NCIS last night. There was some really adorable team moments and the end scene with Gibbs and Tony just shows how much Tony has grown up recently. Still can’t get used to Bridget Regan having red hair on NCIS LA but c’est la vie.

8. Boiler says:

Not to bash NCIS and CSI even but aren’t there enough of these??

• Lisa says:

I don’t know anyone who watches any of these NCIS-type shows. Really, who watches them?

• Jala says:

I do… My husband does… Most of our friends do… Good time killer with great acting and good character development- what more could you want. Not everyone likes the same shows, and that’s ok :)

• Kiki says:

NCIS and CSI have similar titles and are both procedurals, but with their very own identity. Don’t judge one because you saw the other, or because there are others out there trying to repeat the formula.

9. Katy says:

I really like New Girl, I’m sticking with it. Ringer is starting to wear on me a bit. I used to love NCIS, but this season they all just seem a bit tired (oh and seriously Tony Dinozzo, is that a wig?!). Still better than glee though!!

10. Marie says:

Yay for Parenthood!

11. elin says:

Love the new girl, it really funny :)

12. malarson2 says:

Even my two snarky preteens liked New Girl last night. They tried SO hard not to (they would not watch the pilot with me because Fox tried way too hard all summer to get them to), but there they were last night, snugglin’ on the couch with me, laughing at all the right places. If that show can win over two BOYS ages 11 and 13 who are skeptical of most things – especially things that appear to be ‘girlie’ – I think they are in a pretty good position…

13. Gabe says:

I agree! The show is definitely getting better, and I’m glad the ratings show that.

14. Aprilcot26 says:

Just an FYI, that picture of Zooey Deschanel is freaking hilarious.

15. MissMel says:

I missed the New Girl pilot last week but I caught last night’s episode and I thought it was dull. I had great hopes for it because I usually enjoy Zooey Deschanel but the 3 guys are just annoying characitures and even she couldn’t stop me from changing the channel. I enjoyed the premiere of Two Broke Girls much more and I thought that was going to suck. Of course, I missed that this week because it wasn’t on where I expected it to be i.e. in the time slot where the pilot aired.

16. Dennis says:

Why is New Girl doing so well? It’s not funny and the charactors are unlikable.

• Lisa says:

Zooey Deschanel is awesomely wacky.

• ana muller says:

If you ever plan on making movies or working on TV I have a little business tip for you, Zooey Deschanel is the most adorable human being on earth, she doesn’t even have to be doing anything specifically funny. I’m sure if the show was 30 minutes of her pealing bananas it would still be picked up for a second season

17. Ashley says:

I wasn’t that impressed with the first episode of New Girl but decided to give it one more shot, and I am glad I did. I thought it was definitely better (won’t be doing the same for 2 Broke Girls though). Its not funny like Friends, Seinfield, Cosby Show, etc but it was definitely an improvement. Must start watching Raising Hope though, that looks like a hoot and half (yes I said hoot!). The Ringer is getting better as well! Now that Siobhan realized that she is pregnant, I wonder what she is going to do with that bit of info.

AND did anyone watch Awkward last night?! That was awesome. Are we going to talk about that?

• Lauren says:

Raising Hope is awesome, I would place it as the third best comedy on tv, after Parks and Rec and Community. You should definitely watch.
      Awkward was amazing last night! I can’t wait for it to come back.

• David7118 says:

The first minute of Raising Hope was the second funniest thing I’ve seen on TV. The first funniest? The Raising Hope episode in which Jimmy had to shave his father…down there.

18. Monica says:

I think tht Glees 1st episode wasnt good enough to get new viewers and many ppl were prob like this season is gonna suck n didnt watch. I however have night school tuesday nights n miss both glee and new girl…i really want to see new girl.

19. Clarissa says:

Watched NCIS and enjoyed it very much! Then decided to watch new girl because I liked the premiere, but ended up rewatching NCIS ten minutes in again. So good. Looking forward to Lily Tomlinson and then the Abby episode!

20. Clarissa says:

**Tomlin. Damn u autocorrect!

21. Ashley says:

Oh and another thing, the new roommate of the New Girl…played basketball in Europe? How unrealistic is that. She is almost taller than him! I realize short guys can play professional basketball (I remember that guy with the Hornets) but it would have been better if he was a soccer player or something. If he is a professional basketball player, than I am Beyonce and some chick is chilling in the South of France with my husband (like Bridget and Siobhan!).

Oh and I can see they are going to try to pair Schmidt with the Model Friend. Or least Schmidt is, she ain’t having none of that!

22. robinepowell says:

Happy to hear Parenthood’s doing better in the ratings. Hopefully the show will get a full season this year.

23. Sivat says:

Glee was practically unwatchable last night. Really, really bad episode. Too bad there is no good counterprogramming.

24. David7118 says:

About the time that Zooey Deschanel broke the TV set with a basketball (wow…didn’t see that coming) and uttered the phrase, “My bad” I realized that she was speaking to me, the viewer, and that she was right. It was bad. An unfunny and very predictable show for which I had high hopes that has now been deleted from my DVR.

25. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD still one of my faves. STOP watching UNFORGETTABLE right now ’cause this crappy new crime drama is still something to forget about it despite some poor reviews from the critics and still awful.

26. Angel says:

I was watching New girl and NOT one laugh came outta me..or maybe I’m a robot who knows.

27. kevin says:

I still want to know how long NCIS going to last and yet still no response. CBS better have an answer to that question.

• Doug-H says:

NCIS is a year or so short of JAG that it spawned from but is a far bigger success… it’s all a matter of how long the actors want to go on.. on a character procedural like NCIS, once the core group leaves, I think the show will close… Law and Order was able to shuffle on for almost 20 years because for the most part it was not a show that 100% relied on the actors… it was the stories…

28. Ellie says:

I am shocked by these reports. New Girl is not funny, cute or quirky. If FOX moved New Girl and Raising Hope to 8, and Glee to 9, New Girl would stop chomping on Glee’s audience. Glee can thank its ratings for S2. Last nights episode was pretty good and better than anything else I’ve seen for that show in a while, I just think most people gave up because of all the chaos it had last year and over the summer. Wait until the winter, when eveyone is back onto their televison schedule. New Girl won’t be getting those ratings. Its only the second week, of shows. Mark my words. Wait until a couple weeks from now.

29. Sarabi says:

In your face, Glee!

30. EJ says:

Loved NCIS. I loved the character development of Tony. I could see something was wrong but did not see that one coming. Loved it. New Girl: I laughed at some moments, groaned at others. It’s an okay show. Fine for a light-hearted moment. It’s not serious and I hope it never attempts to be. “Jess” is painfully funny. Glee: the only good part was a) the Rachel/Kurt friendship and b) the Puck as a father development. That was really good (considering last season was a J-O-K-E… like i couldn’t watch it). I’m really looking forward to the rest of season 9 NCIS. Hope it’s as good as these first couple of episodes have been.

31. bhm1304 says:

“Glee” is heading down the same road as “Heroes”. Great first season, frakked up second season that destroyed any first season momentum, circling the drain third season. It’ll be canceled by the fourth.

32. ChrisGa says:

Have to say after a just-okay pilot, I’m really getting into RINGER. SMG is unsurprisingly excellent in both roles and even the supporting actors on the show are none too shabby. Very interested to see where this is headed. And since I didn’t see anyone else even breathe a word about it, BODY OF PROOF provided another excellent outing. It may not be groundbreaking and even somewhat contrived, but you can’t go wrong with any show that has the good sense to cast Dana Delany as its’ lead.

33. tp says:

I love Parenthood but I am really getting sick of Amber.