Fall TV Preview

The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

With the Fall TV season and all its shiny, new wares still rolling out, we’re continuing with a daily TVLine-Up. (For those who must plan ahead, here is our complete Fall TV premieres calendar, plus I do summarize what’s coming up the next day.) This Tuesday, amazingly — for the first night in a long time — is premiere-free, so I’ll instead be hitting you with some highlights from the Week 2 offerings.

8/7c Glee (Fox) | Shelby (played by Tony winner Idina Menzel) is back, dropping the jaws of (in order) Mr. Schue, Quinn, Puck, and Rachel. Among the episode’s highlights: A dance workshop led by Mike; school musical auditions; Brittany’s class president campaign posters for Kurt; one of those Lea Michele/Menzel duets; a Puck/Beth scene that’ll make the femmes melt; and Sue chiding Quinn’s “thin, forgettable alto” — and I’m only halfway through the episode.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Ziva and Tony get down and dirty — and McGee even joins in! — when they must sort through garbage to solve the murder of a Marine.

8 pm 90210 (The CW) | Naomi’s goal to be the queen of sorority life at CU becomes closer to reality when she hatches a new scheme.

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Finally, we find out who Bridget Regan (Legend of the Seeker) is guest-starring as.

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | Last week featured Bridget doing a simply horrendous job of hiding her attacker’s body, a bit of cat-and-mouse with Agent Machado, flashbacks to Bridget’s boozy days, and a sweet Bridget/Juliet bonding moment that did not go unnoticed by Andrew. Oh, and no boating scenes. My question: Do you think the Dexter chick is already bedding Andrew or merely wants to?

9 pm Dancing With the Stars results show (ABC) | Since there are some things that just can’t be unseen – I for one when scrambling for an eye wash station – will America be once bitten, once shy and dis-Grace itself?

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | AKA the freshman comedy that not only held onto Glee‘s audience but built on it. For those who missed this TVLine story and this TVLine story, here is the episode that explains how Damon Wayans Jr. will return to ABC’s Happy Endings and how Coach’s space in the loft will be filled.

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | Sabrina introduces the Chance clan to her father (NewsRadio‘s Stephen Root).

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Sarah labors to stay a part of independent Amber’s life, Zeek gives Drew relationship advice, Kristina questions Adam’s business venture, and Alex gets good news (the FNL movie is a go?)

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | SAMCRO aims to set up a new business venture (what, coffee beans a la Sonny Corinthos?), while Gemma finds a new ally in Charming.

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | When a tycoon’s trophy wife gets shot dead during a hunting trip, Jay Karnes (The Shield) and Jessica Tuck (True Blood) emerge as the primary suspects. Well, the characters they play do, but that’s semantics.

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | A young boy’s witnessing of a murder reminds Carrie of The Client her own personal tragedy. (As the World Turns fans meanwhile can keep an eye out for guest star Annie Parisse.)

11 pm Awkward (MTV) | Season finale: What, already? Read Vlada Gelman’s preview piece and see how you can maybe help the show get “bigger” for Season 2.

Coming up on Wednesday: ABC’s Suburgatory makes its debut, Happy Endings returns for Season 2.

1. Jon says:

New Girl duh!

• jj says:

I am so sick of people gushing about New Girl. I will check it out but unless it improves 100% on last week, then this will be the last time. i found the pilot unrealistic, unfunny, and unwatchable. they failed to convince me that these guys would like jess much less turn their lives upside down for her. if they just wanted us to accept that as a given (which is fine), why didn’t they just have her already living there and already friends with them? if you aren’t going to bother writing a set up that makes sense, just don’t show it? i think you people (including the raving critics- maybe they are raving mad) that like this show based on the pilot must all be crack smokers. but then again, according to jim was enough of a hit to make it to syndication so the bar is set pretty low when it comes to half hour comedies…..

• Lena says:

Sorry to say it didn’t! I couldn’t even get half way through the 2nd episode. It is not funny and it’s such a disappointment.

2. Fernando says:

I’m watching 90210, Ringer, Body Of Proof, Akward, and Parenthood, I have a busy night lol

3. Clarissa says:

Will be watching NCIS and *maybe* New Girl!

4. nitemar says:

Ringer(missed it last week-anyone knows where I can watch it before tonight’s new ep? Thanks! :)) and Body of Proof!

5. Deion says:

Jamie Murray’s character certainly has made a play for Andrew. Methinks Bridget’s infusion of caring into his marriage as well as this, “pregnancy” has derailed their plans to run away together.

• Tatiana says:

Dear, running away when you’re of that age and that successful AND have kids would be a clear sign of dementia. There are adult ways of dealing with the spouse that you don’t want to be married to anymore. Some of them are even quite civil, which doesn’t make for good TV but actually happens IRL.

6. Becca says:

Glee and Ringer all the way.

7. Templar says:

NCIS, New Girl, shower & PJs, Unforgettable.

8. A says:

You can watch Ringer on cwtv.com under full episodes.

9. bethany says:

When did Tuesdays become my busiest tv night? I’ll be watching, New Girl, Raising Hope, SOA and Awkward. Against my better judgement, I’ll tape Glee too. Glee makes me sad, it was once so good and now it is awful. Boo.

10. Gerald says:

Ringer! I’m really liking the show so far, hopefully people will watch. What was your take on the second episode, Matt?

• Miguel says:

Greeting, in love with the series. Sarah Michelle is excellent and loved the party scene at the loft. Tonight’s ep — based on the previews seems lame tho. They should have played homage to gellar in scream and had more fun with it. Maybe they will. Right now I’m just happy that Sarah has good hair drunk and high ponytail to keep me comming back

11. ddutchie88 says:

I’ll stick with FOX on tuesday’s. Glee and New Girl for me :)

12. João Amaral says:

She’s all maaaad.

13. Andy says:

14. Jenny says:

It’s all about Glee, New Girl, and Raising Hope is the most important on my list. DVR Parenthood.

15. Sivat says:

Just Glee and Ringer tonight. Glee still sucks but there’s nothing on against it for a 25-year-old to watch.

• Rex says:

I thought the Glee season opener last week was much better than most of last season. I was expecting it to be awful, but was pleasantly surprised, if not blown away. I’m giving it another shot. We’ll see how it goes.

16. Morgan says:

NCIS, New Girl, Ringer

17. Rex says:

Glee and maybe New Girl.

18. Alba says:

New Girl, Ringer and Awkward!

19. Gemini says:

I am in love with Ringer. I thought Bridget’s attempts to hide the body were pretty realistic. Can’t expect her to be an expert at it, lol. I also look forward to Parenthood, and I will check out Unforgettable just for Annie Parisse. Body of Proof is also there–busy timeslot at 10! I’d rather have “too much” to watch than “too little,” though!

20. Sherri says:

Will be at my son’s soccer game, but NCIS, NCIS-LA and Parenthood will be DVR’d.

21. Julie says:

Cannot wait to see Idina and most importantly that little Puck/Beth scene… I hope we get that awesome Puck back *misses him*. Go Glee! (I still have yet to watch New Girl but I will check it out tonight before the 2nd episode airs :D)

22. NCIS (though the season opener was a huge disappointment) and Parenthood (a show that looks very much like it is losing its way).

23. Mariela says:

Ringer, of course!

24. T says:

NCIS, Glee, NCIS:LA, New Girl, Raising Hope, Ringer, Body of Proof, Akward. I’m overloaded. Want to cut back, but can’t. Sorry, my poor DVR.

25. Pam says:

New Girl and Raising Hope. And maybe tackle some of the shows I DVRd the past few days.

26. Andrea says:

Catching up on TiVo, and I thought New Girl was terrible! Didn’t even finish it. Will be watching NCIS and Ringer.

27. Andrea says:

Forgot to add…

Do you think the Dexter chick is already bedding Andrew or merely wants to?

28. sam says:

my second busiest night of tv watching only behind thursday where i watch all show on all nbc abc and cbs until 10 then switch to fx for sunny and archer/the league minus whitney cause it wasn’t very funny last week

29. Carly says:

New Girl, Ringer and Sons of Anarchy!

30. B says:

Glee! New Girl! Ringer!
    New Girl was hilarious–

31. ceebee says:

Live — Glee, New Girl, & Raising Hope – DVR on Ringer.

32. AT says:

Just “Ringer” for now. It hasn’t been great yet but I’m hoping it will get better. Being an identical twin myself it still has me interested. Plus, I love SMG and Ioan Gruffudd. I can’t wait to see if the show really improves and finds its voice when Jason Dohring comes on board.

33. Sharon says:

I think 9pm on Tuesdays on Fox will be my new feel-good comedy hour with New Girl AND Raising Hope!!!

34. STL Cards Fan says:

Glee (for Idina Menzel), New Girl (like it a lot!), Raising Hope (always a hoot), and Parenthood (winds me down)! Tuesdays are definitely looking up…

35. Isabelle says:

All about SOA for me and loved the little shout out to GH with mentioning Sonny

36. Ava says:

New Girl, Raising Hope, Sons of Anarchy, and Awkward (tomorrow, on MTV.com).