TVLine Items: Walking Dead Webisodes Come to Life, Terry O'Quinn Extends Hawaii Visit and More!

AMC is launching a six-episode Walking Dead web series which will explore the backstory of zombiette Hannah, the infamous “bicycle girl” offed by Rick (Andrew Lincoln) in the gruesome series’ pilot episode. Fans will get to see Hannah before the apocalypse that changed her, as well as witness her ultimate demise.

All six installments debut Monday, Oct. 3 on amctv.com, leading up to the Oct. 16 premiere of The Walking Dead Season 2.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Lost alum Terry O’Quinn, who just last week made his Hawaii Five-0 debut, has thus far extended his run with the CBS drama from six to nine episodes — and maybe “even more,” hopeful EP Peter Lenkov tells TV Guide Magazine.

• Former West Winger Richard Schiff will play dad to working mom Christina Applegate on NBC’s Up All Night, EW.com reports. Schiff’s character is described as a “psychologist who’s expected to be distant, quiet, and always analyzing.” As first reported by Deadline, Blythe Danner (Meet the Parents) will play Reagan’s mom.

Matthew Morrison will make his directorial debut on Episode 8 of Glee‘s third season, per EW.com.

• Grey’s Anatomy vet Kate Burton will portray the Vice President of the United States on Shonda Rhimes’ midseason ABC drama, Scandal.

The Vampire Diaries executive producer Kevin Williamson is channeling his inner Dexter with a new serial killer drama pilot for Fox. Per Deadline, the Scream king’s new project is “an edge-of-the-seat thriller about a diabolical serial killer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers.”

• Precious director Lee Daniels is set to adapt the 1960s classic novel Valley of the Dolls for NBC, per Deadline. Dolls spans two decades of the scandalous lives of three female best friends.

• Lifetime has renewed its over-the-top docu-series Dance Moms for a second season, with the first cycle set to wrap on Oct. 5.

• Season 4 of Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta will premiere Sunday, Nov. 6.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (10)

• I’m happy about Terry O’Quinn staying on H50 longer, but I really dislike the new girl. They were underusing Chin and Kono as it was without adding yet another person team member.

Comment by Kate – September 27, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree….Terry O’Quinn is gold!! Keep him on H5O!!

Person of Interest is awesome!!!

Comment by jay – September 27, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Kate! I’m happy to have more Terry O’Quinn on H50…but I’m not a fan of the new girl, Lori Weston. At least not yet. I like Kono so much better…and I miss her with the team.

Comment by Lynn – September 27, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always happy to see Terry O’Quinn. The new girl isn’t so bad but I want Kono back as well.

Interesting that no mentioned the departure of the CIA girl. And no mention of the season premiere ending when she was in the car with Wo Fat! What is she up to? I’m sure we’ll be seeing her again at some point. Good cop or bad cop?

Comment by Curious – September 27, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m thinking bad cop, because otherwise I feel like at least Steve would know she was undercover.

Comment by Kate – September 27, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh she’s not a cop at all. And I don’t believe for a second that she’s CIA. She’s a plant from Wo Fat’s organization.
      Not sure exactly why, but I’m sure we will get to that eventually.

Comment by K – September 27, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t be surprised if it is revealed that McGarret was onto her to begin with. I’d say he allowed her to think he bought the fiance story, when in reality he wanted her out. He will probably be hoping she will lead him to Wo Fat. More chum in the water.

Comment by Dennis – October 1, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the new girl, hope they get rid of Kono she does not seem
    to blend in with the other cast members, she hesitates in her
    delivery of her dialogue.

Comment by maria – September 27, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About HF0 I was a big fan of the new girl, I like that she and Steve had chemistry and she could handle herself. I liked Kono alot season 1 but now I just find her boring, I hated when they would jump to her scenes since because they held no interest

Comment by Isabelle – September 27, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for The Walking Dead!

Comment by Guess – September 27, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post