Dancing With the Stars Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home This Week?

Here’s the current state of affairs on Season 13 of Dancing With the Stars:

In: Wardrobe malfunctions, being a Kardashian, and dancing to “Hey Ya.”

Out: Creaky knees, being an Arquette, and dancing to the Pretenders.

Yes, folks, Nancy Grace (who experienced a brief cleavage eruption), Rob Kardashian, and Ricki Lake (who got a little freak-nasty dancing to Outkast’s ubiquitous 2003 hit), were all sent directly to safety — without a dreaded pit-stop in the red-lit “in jeopardy” holding cell — during DWTS‘ Season 13: Week 2 results-show telecast.

But the news was not so good for Chaz Bono and His Suffering Knees, Patricia Arquette’s brother, or George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend (who Quickstepped to “Don’t Get Me Wrong”). Here’s how the results played out:

In Jeopardy (Though Not Necessarily the Bottom Three)
Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer
David Arquette and Kym Johnson
Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy

Bottom Two Couples (Officially Confirmed by Tom Bergeron as Having the Lowest Totals of Viewer Votes and Judges’ Scores)
David Arquette and Kym Johnson
Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy

Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy

“For me it was a gift every day staying here,” said Elisabetta. “Really, it was a great adventure.” What might not have been a gift? Getting saddled with a first-time pro. Indeed, in Week 1 and Week 2, the eliminated celebrity was partnered with a neophyte choreographer. Coincidence? We’ll find out next week if Nancy Grace and Tristan McManus (the last of the newbie pros) gets booted.

What do you think? Did the right couple go home? If not, who should it have been? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality TV recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Nick says:

I wish Nancy Grace’s nipple would have gone home.

2. KevyB says:

But she’s showing her nipple for her kids!!!! FOR HER KIDS!!!!

3. cait says:

People RANTED And Ranted(really vicious)that Bristol Palin made it thru a few times; ARE U KIDDING me. “Chaz” was really (sorry to say) AWFUL:(chaz should be embarrassed)Come on–it should be on dancing only NOT FAN base of any any kind. Really Disappointed!! They need to change something about the voting. Maybe not til the very end??

• Gorillita says:

I suspect Cher has a huge group of people she can call upon to vote for Chas, so he may stick around a bit longer. I thought he’d be the one to go tonight, but who knows how people vote – or if it actually has anything to do with their dance skills.

• okay, I use to dance. This show is one of my favorite shows, however if it continues this way , I will not watch it again! The public CANNOT Vote!!!!! There is NO WAY China should have gone home NO WAY!!! She is a dancer and the few that pulled through are NOT! They just have a bigger circuit voting for them. This is political and not a dance competition when you let the public vote.I love the other guysa that remain, but what’s fair is fair; it’s about the dance and who shows greater ability! China certainly has the greater ability to dance than the other couples that still remain.This
        should have been a contest between China and Rickie Lake in the end!

• Anna says:

There’s a reason that the dance is called the “Quick”step. The show’s had 60 year olds that performed the dance better than Chaz.

• justafan says:

it is called the quickstep for a reason…she gave perhaps the worst “quickstep” performance ever…for the simple reason that there was nothing quick to her step… but don’t you love the way she pulled the ‘injury’ card out…looking for some sympathy votes…

• SHELLY says:

I, agree it should be based on the best dancing, and not the fact that she/he is getting voted for due to the situation. So people less look at the facts and not the fact that Chaz is Sunny And Chers

• lisa says:

Can all the Gay people pleas stop voting for this terrible person CHAZ can not dance he really does look like a beach wale.

4. jake says:

Elizabetta is what the show is all about — she improved greatly from her first night and deserved to stay longer — hope, chaz and carson should have gone home before her. But glad it wasn’t David. Dialidol really steered a lot of us wrong thinking david was safe since he was clearly number one according to their poll.

• Lucia says:

You cannot depend on dialidol because it only measures phone calls or how busy the line is. The online votes can make a huge difference because that runs until 11 a.m. Eastern the next day while the phone call measurement is only for a short period during and after the show.

• Joanna says:

Elisabetta is NOT what the show is all about because it is called “Dancing with the Stars.” Dating a sexy but past-his-prime actor does not make one a “star.” And that is why she is gone- because no one knew who she was.

5. Christine says:

I’m glad she went home, she was horrible and had a horrible attitude. She treated poor Val like crap too, good riddance. GO JR, he’s the best dancer there, better than Ricki!

• Anna says:

She was not a bad dancer, and there have been worse attitudes. I enjoyed her stint on Leverage last year; and those rehersal scenes are heavily edited.

6. Donna says:

JR was the best dancer this week. Ricki was 2nd. Hopefully Val will still be able to join the pros for their special performances on the results shows. I love Tristan and his accent! He was very unlucky to get saddled with that brat Nancy.

7. Kris says:

It isn’t the new-pros’s fault that they were assigned to the bottom 3 dancers….It actually sucks more for the pros who didn’t have a chance to shine…I hope peta and val will be back next season….and tristan too of course! he is awesome :)

8. Eloise says:

I agree with many in here…. Isabella had no personality, but that has nothing to do with her dancing ability. While she was not a great dancer and her first week dance really sucked, I feel this week she had improved. On the other hand Chaz is the one who should have gone home. He cannot dance, is completely uncoordinated and, to top it off, had problems with his knees even before the competition started. Why he was not voted out? I am sure his gay and lesbians fan base had a lot to do with it. Hmmmm…. well, my prediction for next week? Chaz, and then David Arquette. After that? Who knows.

9. LeAnn says:

I honestly had trouble noticing the difference in Elizabetta’s dancing the last two weeks because I felt her attitude was so poor. I just wasn’t interested! I do think Chaz should be the next to go home because his dancing isn’t where it needs to be though. I’m loving Nancy though – she is like a completely different person when she’s not in her prosecutor persona on camera! I am a huge fan of JR though! By far the best dancer this week. I had high hopes for Maks getting the mirror ball this season but I think JR may help Maks’ ex-fiance take away his opportunity!

10. MissMel says:

The problem is that no one cares about Elizabetta. She doesn’t have her own fan base to support her so she really needed to make an impression on fans of the SHOW in order to get the votes and she failed to do that. Her dancing was stiff and her personality dull which adds up to an elimination.

11. Kosha says:

As an avid fan since season 1 I know full well that this is a popularity contest, not in fact, a dancing contest. The first few weeks usually weed out the worst of the worst, but attitude and personality play a very large part in who goes in what order. While Chaz was not at all quick, he has a great attitude and is working really, really hard. Elisabetta may have improved (slightly), but she had a terrible attitude. She behaved like a very spoiled brat. I’m glad she’s gone. And while I like Nancy Grace more than I expected, she doesn’t have the best attitude either – she should go next. She’s not a very good example to those 3 year old twins of hers. Shutting down during rehearsal won’t improve her skills – stop acting like a spoiled brat and WORK!! I hope Carson, David and Chaz make it a few more weeks – they are quite inspirational. JR for the WIN!!!

12. Kim R says:

No pun intended but she kind of shot herself in the foot. I knew when I watched the predance package that she’d be the one. I felt for Chaz and hoped maybe he’d be relieved from stressing his knees anymore but by the look on his face, I do think he felt badly knowing he did do the worst on Monday night. Just my opinion! :)

13. DangerGirl says:

She NEEDED to go home—no dancing skills and obviously no personality…she will not be missed at all.

14. J.Norman says:

To answer your question: “Did the Right Couple Go Home This Week?”

Probably not, but since when does that matter on this show (or any show) where voting from the public fan bases are the measurement?”

Winners or who goes forward week to week is decided by popularity which can be driven from likeability, to politic leanings and statements, to social commentary and politically correct statements.
    No, the voting is not always geared towards rewarding the most talented in the field being judged.

15. tvtommy says:

DWTS is all about ratings. Chaz is on the show only because of a celebrity mom (& dad) and because of what he went through personally. Beyond that, he’s just another overweight, talentless person. It’s frustrating to watch better dancers get axed, but it’s happened every season, so let’s suck it up & move on to the next poor voting choice.

16. Adam Paul says:

I would like to get one thing straight. Chaz is a female. She has all the internal organs of female. A beard does not make one a man. I had an elderly aunt that had a beard and mustache requiring her to shave. She is fat because of the hormones and steroids she has taken trying to look like a man. She is not physically fit to be in a dance contest that requires physical staminia. She looks rediculous the way she prances around trying to dance. However, the network is trying to make statement by bringing her on the show.

• Brooke says:

Oh STFU. Seriously. I had a hysterectomy, does that make me NOT a woman anymore even though I identify as one?

At least Chaz can probably spell “ridiculous” correctly. Show some respect.

• justafan says:

and if she couldn’t, she would have her ghost-writer to spell it correctly for her

his point was that chaz is indeed a woman, just as you are a woman … she (and you) will ALWAYS have the genetic make-up you started your life with…science can certainly alter the way a person looks (or functions), but we haven’t yet been able to change the chromosomal make-up we were given at conception

• Brooke says:

It’s not about chromosomes. It’s about IDENTITY. Chaz identifies as a man. Why does that scare you so much?

• Perhaps you should use your time more wisely looking at the person in the mirror rather than judging others. What they go through you have NO understanding of, so DON’T JUDGE! Perhaps Chaz can’t dance, but it was HIS choice to be on the show and face the fears of ridicule from people like you that judge without walking in the shoes of the ones they critisize.

• DCwriter says:

You are close-minded and ignorant. I would give you a link to learn more about gender confusion, but you would never read it because you don’t care–you just hate.

17. Gemini says:

Yes, it was a bad quickstep by Chaz. His pain was obvious. He won’t be around much longer, I’m sure, so it’s hardly like he’ll win the top prize over better dances. He just is not in good enough shape and apparently does not have the necessary ability, even though he has the heart and charm.

I think J.R. got cheated by the judges. He danced great and won over the room, yet he got a 6 from one judge and wasn’t one of the leaders. His routine was IMO the best of the night. He really can dance!

Since it’s also a popularity contest, no real surprise that Elisabetta was out so quickly. Not that many people know who she is. Why is she supposedly famous again? In her native Italy, she has somewhat of a following. Here, hardly any.

• Eurydice says:

J.R. lost points because his jive wasn’t a real jive, or so Len decreed (and Bruno mentioned). That seems to be more the fault of the pro than of the judges.

• Anna says:

There were several comments about dances not being “proper” I can see the new pros making mistakes; but some of the regulars ought to know better.

• Anna says:

J.R.”s smile just lights up the place. I didn’t know about him before the show, now he’s my favorite. Unlike certain other competitors, he doesn’t whine about every little problem. Elizabetta qualifys as a star because of her recurring role on Leverage last season. Not enough? IIRC, Gil Marini was asked BEFORE he joined Brothers & Sisters; based on his role as “The Naked Man” in the Sex And The City movie.

18. Alice says:

I’m glad Elizabetta went home and took her prima dona attitude with her. Though I will miss Val. He is also a champion dancer and the brothers (he and Max) have had friendly competition since they started dancing. I wish he had a chance to stay on longer..
    I do vote for Chaz, He just lights up the stage with his being there. Yes I agree he could have shaped up a bit after he found out he was selected for this season. (I don’t know how far in advance they are notified) And a juice fast would really help him. But I will continue to vote for him. He’s got it going!

19. Mauro says:

What a travesty!!! Why is Chaz still around and Canalis was sent home? She may not be the best dancer there, but certainly much better than Chaz. Is it because he is Cher’s child? Too bad, things like this really rob the show of any credibility.

20. Jenagain says:

Chaz has been in a couple of reality weight loss shows and it just didn’t work in the past. Dancing has helped at least one person in each of the past few seasons be encouraged to keep losing weight. For this reason I’d love to see him stay around a few more weeks. And yes, he is a him because he chooses to be. I loved that he actually lifted his partner in week 2! Each contestant will improve and I will vote for the one with the most heart. So goodbye Ms. Nancy and hello J.R.

21. top cat says:

He??? It!!!

22. manda says:

You are not only insensitive but you are ignorant as well. You have no idea what it is like to be transgender so don’t pretend you have it all figured out. I do agree that Chaz is not the best dancer but that has nothing to do with his gender identity. It has less to do with sexual organs than with what he feels he IS. The only people who have a problem with that are the people who are uncomfortable with themselves.

23. I am against the political crap that goes on when you let the public vote! China Phillips should have NEVER gone home tonight!!! Some of the others obviously should have–come ON! You cannot leave the voting up to the public–It is just NOT FAIR! this happened with American Idle. It’s ridiculous! I won’t watch these shows anymore if this continues. Voters should have experience in the sport or creative art. That’s IT!

24. STOP THE PUBLIC VOTING!!!!! IT’S OUTRAGEOUS! As a dancer, it is unfair to watch the ones with potential to go home and the ones with absolutely NO ABILITY to remain. I don’t even want to watch it anymore and this WAS one of my favorite shows. After China went home it is no longer!

25. Veronica says:

On the bright side, the public tends to get it right more often than not in the long run, so I won’t be too disparaging about their chices in the past weeks. However, I do wish the voters would be really honest, keep politics and social issues out of it, and refrain from rewarding poor performances. It’s really unfair to the dancers who deserve to enjoy the limelight a little longer. The judges aren’t infallible either, but they generally get it right. (That means, given my lack of technical knowledge, I see it their way at least 80% of the time!)

• Diana says:

Maybe the public gets it right more than not, but when they get the vote wrong, it takes away from a person what is rightfully theirs. So I don’t agree with the public voting system. Voters should be qualified to vote. THAT means they should know what they’re doing!

26. Diana says:

Disappointed in David going home tonight. I thought he danced well this week and dances just as well as two others in the competition.He was fun to watch;great personality!Where are other men like that? And that daughter of his, WOW sooooo cute!!!I’ll MISS HER TOO!