Online Hub for All My Children and One Life to Live Gets Name, Launch Date

The Prospect Park media company on Tuesday announced a name and tentative launch date for the online network that will host new episodes of ABC’s axed All My Children and One Life to Live.

The Online Network (aka TOLN), as it will be called, is expected to launch in January 2012 — just as OLTL airs its final ABC episode — “with the goal of eventually providing viewers with a full programming selection of first-run, long form content on an anytime, anywhere basis,” says the press release. The URL is TheOnlineNetwork.com/TOLN.com, and at either site you can easily sign up for email updates.

Rebecca Budig Bids ‘Farewell’ to All My Children: ‘I Will Forever Be Grateful’

“We are creating TOLN to conveniently deliver fans of quality television long-form programming anytime and anywhere,” said Prospect Park founders Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz in a statement. “With broadband availability in 70% of US households and the proliferation of internet enabled televisions, DVRs and wireless devices, ultimately we believe that online distribution provides the best platform to access 30 and 60 minute entertainment content. The viewer response to the shows we have licensed has been tremendous, and we have much more in development to appeal to a broad audience base.”

While Prospect Park has yet to officially comment on the possibility of this being a subscription-based service, sources tell TVLine that at launch time TOLN will be strictly ad-supported, like most online video hubs.

Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Women of One Life to Live

One Life thus far has signed five stars — gazillion-time Emmy winner Erika Slezak (Viki), Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Michael Easton (John), Ted King (Tomas) and Sean Ringgold (Shaun) — plus executive producer Frank Valentini to be a part of the online venture, while AMC to date has inked deals with just Cameron Mathison (Ryan) and Lindsey Hartley (Cara), and not (yet) Susan Lucci (Erica).

1. Nancy Fay says:

I have watched “ALL MY CHILDREN” for 37 years. I was so upset when it was cancelled. I think it was just getting more excited as it always has been with many actors/actress and all the different roles they played. I am so HAPPY………..that it will be in the net. I used to recorded it and watched it before work.

Thank you again for keeping it going…………… Nancy

2. steven abrams says:

I will never watch the chew or the show that will replace OLTL!!

3. lois says:

is prospect park full of crap!!!! r the soaps going to air at all or were u a diversion for abc & brian frons….now it is being said that AMC will NOT air? what’s up with that?…is OLTL going onto the internet in Jan 2012 or is that just another scam….the loyal followers r waiting for them to air & now we r hearing about money issues, not enough for both shows…everyone thinks this company was ready to go…now AMC is not on the internet yet….what is going on here????

• Jody says:

Hello Lois. Prospect Park wanted to put on All My Children on September 26. That would have been the Following Monday. They had Planned on having the Same Cast. However, Angie and JR had Already Gotten Other Jobs. Then, Prospect Park found out that They had to get the Unions to Sign on. They Realized that They could not put All My Children on September 26. Prospect Park was going to then put All My Children on January 16. However, Only Ryan and Cara have Signed on and Jesse is about to Sign on. They can’t have A Soap Opera with only 2 People unless David Hayward wouldn’t let Cara do anything so Cara decided to Raise her Baby by herself. That is the only way they can have A Soap with only 2 People. Maybe since Prospect Park has This Site up now that they will go on and Sign other People. Prospect Park can not have All My Children on January 16. Maybe They can Tape at that Time and All My Children can be seen in March. Jody

• lois says:

once again….the public is being fed a bunch of crap!!!!! i have just found out that prospect park is NOT going to launch either AMC OR OLTL….what the hell is up with that?..i believe that u have lead the loyal fans of these shows on a wild goose chase, keeping our hopes alive & then letting us fall, along with all of the stars from both of these shows…i am going to go out to all of the folds on facebook, twitter & everywhere else to let them know that now prospect park has let us down…i will also ask all of these people to ensure that they boycott EVERYTHING & ALL THAT PROSPECT IS INVOLVED WITH. since abc can withstand a boycot because of their millions of dollars backing the show i am sure prospect park will take a bigger hit…(not as much money backing this company)…u have a bunch of angry, mislead people now….i sincerely hope that a boycot of ur products will hit u hard in ur pocket for what u have done regarding AMC & OLTL..my the future of ur company be non-existant.

4. Jill says:

I want answer now are they delaying one life to live or is it the last day they air oltl at abc i thought the had a new place to air the one life to life online near abc what is going on is PP going to happen at all i will be making calls asap like i said we need a new network fast before jan 2012 and is PP going online or not i want to know now this is very upsetting news

• Jody says:

Hello Jill. Last Friday was the Last Day of Taping One Life To Live at ABC. Prospect Park was going to Rent that ABC Studio until March. Now, ABC won’t let Prospect Park Tape There any Longer. I don’t know if Prospect Park can’t pay the Rent OR if ABC has to get the Studio ready for Katie Couric. Prospect Park was I think looking at A Studio in Brooklyn. I think there are maybe 2 Months of One Life To Live that are Taped that haven’t been Shown so I wish Prospect Park would go on with January 16 for One Life To Live. Maybe They can use the Brooklyn Studio and Tape more Episodes. Jody

5. Carol says:

Shame on abc…amc,oltl and gh have stood the test of time. What other shows can boast that? I, personally have not (and will not) watch “the chew”. The preview was enough for me to know it’s just another copy cat of shows that have been done and redone. I can’t imagine other shows called “the revolution” and “katie” ever being watched by soap fans. I WILL NOT tune my tv to abc during those time slots. Those shows will probably have a short run anyway…then abc will see what a huge mistake they made. Miss AMC and will miss the others when they’re gone. Have been watching since I was a teenager. TV is certainly changing…but not for the better!

6. lois says:

i would like to know if prospect park was just pulling our chains regarding the soaps moving to the net?…first the assured us all that there was funding for both shows…now there is not…AMC will be put on hold…that is a crock of crap….what is going to happen to OLTL…does it hold the same fate as AMC?…SOMEONE FROM PROSPECT PARK NEEDS TO OWN UP….LET US KNOW THE TRUTH..there r big stars from OLTL that is willing to take the leap to the internet…SO TELL US PROSPECT PARK…WHEN WILL ONE LIFE TO LIVE AIR ON THE NET & WHAT IS GOING ON WITH AMC

7. jill says:

i’ll pay $5.00 or but it on the radio or bravo tv or the e channel and online

8. jill says:

hire rigis and kelly and mark from dirty soap to produce the online oltl and amc or but it on cbs or nbc

9. jill says:

bring both soaps to radio and cable tv

• Jody says:

10. Jody says:

Hello Jerrilynn. I’m Sorry that They took off These Soaps for People like you who don’t want to Watch Online or don’t have A Computer or can’t Afford A Computer or don’t know how to Work A Computer. However, Prospect Park at least gave some of us A Chance to keep Watching our Soaps. Maybe Bravo or some other Cable Channel will have the Soaps and then you can Watch Them. Also, It’s not Prospect Park’s Fault that ABC put The Chew on instead of All My Children. I Probably should not make Demands of Prospect Park, but you shouldn’t be Yelling and Telling them that They should be Ashamed of Themselves Either. Jody

11. Julia says:

Just read that Prospect Park won’t be showing AMC and OLTL. Isn’t there a station out there that wants to pick up a loyal viewer following? ABC “Chew” on this — I’m boycotting your station….news included.

12. jill says:

why not but the soaps on tnt i want to see oltl go forward i hope donald trump steps ups to save are soaps your loyal fans i hope they don’t drop oltl too i would be heartbroken we love you amc and oltl

13. Ronnie Corral says:

I HATE THE CHEW!! I totally Boycott it looks rediculous!! How can a stupid cookin’ show replace our SOAPS that we grew up w/I feel like all the people in Pine Valley are my FAMILY!!!!

14. Barbara says:

LETS KEEP THESE SHOWS GOING

15. FIRDIA BYRDfirdiabyrd.99@comcast.net says:

I THANK IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL TO SEE JOHN & NATALIE GET TOGETHER . BEFORE THE SHOW IS OVER.I BELIEVE ALL OF OLTL FANS WOULD LOVE TO SEE A HAPPY ENDING WITH THOSE TWO LOVE BIRD THEY DESERVE SOME HAPPYNESS IN THE END.THEY ARE VERY GOOD ACTORS. ……………MRS H. B.

16. latrice hl says:

Keep me posted the airdate’s for all my children please I’m a very big fan.

17. jill says:

Barbara, LETS KEEP THESE SHOWS GOING.I tottaly agree i want natalie and john back asap

Jody, Hello Jill. Prospect Park, why don’t you put All My Children and One Life To Live on USA? This is for the Posters. USA is A Cable Channel. USA has Royal Pain and that is made by Prospect Park. I have USA. My Brother is Always Watching Law And Order: Special Victims Unit on USA. Is USA Not Interested in Having Soaps? I don’t think I have Bravo. I think, but I am not sure that maybe I can watch Bravo Online. Jody

Jody i have emailed and called the nbc network and other networks i hope they pick up both amc and oltl asap i been a loyal soap fan of oltl and amc for 43 and 41 years i want john and natalie back together asap thank you both for your very kind replies Jill

18. are we going to have to pay to watch all my children when it comes back

19. Debra Jean King says:

Is this ever going to happen?

20. darlene binder says:

What has happened since last fall? How do I watch? On TV? Or on my computer?
    I’ve been watching both shows since 1969. Miss both especially OLTL. Please let me know what I can do.

21. judy says:

It sounds like the actors have moved on to other projects and I thank as viewers we need to be happy with John, Starr and Todd on GH and let this go.

22. Barb says:

i am so looking forward to seeing my soaps.Thank you so much, I don;t understand how the people who control what we watch get to pick and chose what on the tv. If they want all the talks shows maybe they should just come up with a talk show channel and move them all to that channel.

23. marlene says:

cannot wait for my stories to come back have missed them, i record them and catch up on the weekend. comment marlenez

24. Deb Wade says:

Thank you thank you thank you. I have hulu plus, I have my favorites page set up, I bought a blu ray player, I AM READY FOR MY SHOWS.

25. mary says:

Is there a charge to watch Toln?

26. Charlene Mento says:

Looking to find out if we can watch our soaps for free and if so, Where.

27. I think this is one of the most significant information
    for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The
    web site style is perfect, the articles is really great :
    D. Good job, cheers

28. click here says:

I have a willing analytical attention just for detail and may anticipate problems
    prior to they will take place.

29. Seo says:

Hey! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the nice information
    youve here on this post. I will likely be coming
    again to your weblog for extra soon.

30. Hi there! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have got here on this post.
    I shall be coming back to your weblog for extra soon.