Online Hub for All My Children and One Life to Live Gets Name, Launch Date

The Prospect Park media company on Tuesday announced a name and tentative launch date for the online network that will host new episodes of ABC’s axed All My Children and One Life to Live.

The Online Network (aka TOLN), as it will be called, is expected to launch in January 2012 — just as OLTL airs its final ABC episode — “with the goal of eventually providing viewers with a full programming selection of first-run, long form content on an anytime, anywhere basis,” says the press release. The URL is TheOnlineNetwork.com/TOLN.com, and at either site you can easily sign up for email updates.

Rebecca Budig Bids ‘Farewell’ to All My Children: ‘I Will Forever Be Grateful’

“We are creating TOLN to conveniently deliver fans of quality television long-form programming anytime and anywhere,” said Prospect Park founders Rich Frank and Jeff Kwatinetz in a statement. “With broadband availability in 70% of US households and the proliferation of internet enabled televisions, DVRs and wireless devices, ultimately we believe that online distribution provides the best platform to access 30 and 60 minute entertainment content. The viewer response to the shows we have licensed has been tremendous, and we have much more in development to appeal to a broad audience base.”

While Prospect Park has yet to officially comment on the possibility of this being a subscription-based service, sources tell TVLine that at launch time TOLN will be strictly ad-supported, like most online video hubs.

Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Women of One Life to Live

One Life thus far has signed five stars — gazillion-time Emmy winner Erika Slezak (Viki), Kassie DePaiva (Blair), Michael Easton (John), Ted King (Tomas) and Sean Ringgold (Shaun) — plus executive producer Frank Valentini to be a part of the online venture, while AMC to date has inked deals with just Cameron Mathison (Ryan) and Lindsey Hartley (Cara), and not (yet) Susan Lucci (Erica).

1. Toni Durben says:

Could you please keep me up to date as to the airing of All My Children and One Life to Live, so I can watch it as it continues in 2012.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

If you go to TOLN.com there is a place to sign up for updates.

• kathy says:

yes i want to know when all my children can be viewed on online. Two days and i all ready feel lost :( not that i dont have plenty of things to do but this was my relaxing time i laughed,cried many times just off into dram land when i watched the 3 afternoon soaps. i did not get into the other channels, except when i was little and i mean many many years ago my grandma and i would watch as the world turns and have tea in dinty tea cups ,crackers,cheese. anyways i will be waiting for when they come back on to online viewing :)

• Angelina says:

You substituted the wonderful “All My Children” with the chew?yuck!! I will never watch that show.

• Charlene Knighyt says:

I am so dissappointed that this was taken off the air! How did we end with what I call “Soap Opera Haven” full of cooking, design, and of course not to forget the doctors. Good grief do you not think we are tired of these repetitive showes. Let me live in a make believe world with all its drama. Gets me out of my own life which just by virtue of living in someone elses!!!!!

• Tracy says:

I completely agree. We must boycott the shows that took the place of the soaps. They replaced our shows with the crappy shows like, “The Chew”, because they are cheaper to make and they wanted to save money. When those shows bomb, how much will they really save. Boycott the replacement shows!

• PinkFreud says:

My hub, who for years has groaned and complained when I’ve watched All My Children on Tivo or SoapNet, saw the trailers for The Spew. His comment? “You mean ABC replaced AMC with THAT? What on earth were they thinking?” I would also like to add that we both like Food Network.

• Kathy says:

I agree. How could they replace All My Children with “The Chew.” The media is constantly letting us know how many Americans are over-weight. We need a another cooking show, like we all need another trip to McDonalds. Better still, when did America decide we preferred these reality over real actors. We didn’t. Suddenly these networks figured lets make money with smaller buget shows. If people continue to watch, they continue to support, and this is the future of television. Every day will be like Sunday when were kids when there was nothing on and we had thirteen channels you had to flip by yourself. Boring!

• mary lois says:

BAD, BAD, MISTAKE
            Sick of cook shows talk shows. Martha Stewart already has the best one. Will never watch the show that took All My Children off the
            air! BAD, BAD, MISTAKE!

• Evelyn says:

I agree with anyone that says they will not watch the Chew. We have enough food channels TV now. After Regis Philbin leaves ABC in Nov. I heard most people won’t be watching any daytime TV on that network. AMC is extremely missed by milions of viewers. I also agree with boycotting the repalcement shows.

• pat says:

I’m with you. There are already enough cooking shows on tv.

• shirley says:

I hope The Chew eats itself off the air…because I will never watch it.

• linda says:

I totally agree with you, I will never watch The Chew, I make sure that my tv is never on that channel at that time,I can’t wait for amc to come online

• John says:

I with you Angelina……Done with ABC Daytime!

• Kat says:

I so totally agree. I’m still in withdrawal.

• Cynthia says:

ME2!!!!!!!!!

• john and howard caylor says:

john and howard caylor please tell us prospect park that YOUN ARE TRYING TO GET SUSAN LUCCI AND MICHAEL EKNIGHT AND THE REST OF THE ALL MY CHILDREN CAST TO JOIN PROSPECT PARK TOO THE SHOW CANT GO ON WITH OUT THIS CAST TAKE AWEAPON LIKE A STICK OR BRAIN WASH SUSAN LUCCI MICHAEL EKNIGHT AND THE CAST TO COME BACK TO THE SHOW PROSPECT PARK PLEASE RE PLY TO OUR EMAIL PROSPECT PARK PLEASE Hcaylor@commcast.net PLEASE TRY TO GET ALL OF THE ALL MY CHILDREN CAST MEMBERS AND ALL OF THE ONE LIFE TO LIVE CAST TOO PLEASE PROSPECT PARK JOHN AND HOWARD CAYLOR

• norm says:

get rid of all the soaps

• Barbara says:

I agree with this. I WON’T WATCH THE “CHEW”. We all want AMC Back on abc.

• Dolores Cosentino says:

I’m very anxious to find out where and when all of this is going to begin. Also we are kind of left in Limbo as to which Actor’s will be appearing. AMC had a Cliff hanger letting us know hardly anything. Will We be given some hints as to that too?

Thanks for any news you can give us.

• Caroline Morales says:

I would like to be informed of the start up date for All My Children. I miss it, and I need to know who was shot?

• I was not happy taken All My children & One Live To Life off the air. I know what it is like of not having a job. When the actors & actresses went to GH , the fans weren’t happy about that. They
            do know, what is like not having a job.
            Robin Johnson

• cher says:

Well, JR has moved to bold and beautiful. So, did JR commit suicide and that is his exit from amc. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am lost without my daytime friends that I have gotten to know so well. I have watched amc since day one when erica was just a teen.
          Good-bye dear friends, you are already missed.

• sandy says:

JR is too evil to be written off. He shot Erica. In case she does not sign up they will kill her off. If she signs, maybe David or our handsome buddy can bring her back, if he has signed on to the online show. But either way, JR planned to kill his estranged wife inorder to get his son back. But the plot did not work since Erica got in the way as she went after her true love as he left the party disappointed in her actions. As always. Oh, how I will miss Erica!
            Maybe they can have a new Erica come in to play…can that happen? Erica has almost aged out of her role now and they should have brought up another one to move in to start replacing her but they did not. What other character role of a Diva do we have they have not written one? Maybe come January (such a long wait to see AMC again) they will start with a new type of Diva. I hate ABC for what they did! They could have move to a different time slot. I agree food belongs on food network. Stupid people at ABC. They need new leaders. This show will be good at first out of interest but it will not last. It will be a nothing in one month with no viewers. Then what will they do. They have already lost their stop in the nightly news when they had the top stop. Same with the prime-time…lost out there. They need help with their programing department! They lost out again!

• Diane says:

Angie moved to Young & Restless and it is said that Annie is also going to that show. There are a lot of old AMC cast members on that show. I am so depressed not having AMC in my life.

• Rhashauna says:

Jr is only with the Bold & The Beautiful for short term from what I heard and I tgink Debbi Moragn also…. They did us so wrong first they gave us a half a—- farewell. Then we hear that prospect park bought the right to AMC & OLTL now rumors that they can only afford one soap. We have been duked again and back burned as always. These people I wonder do they even know what ALL MY CHILDREN means to their fans. I mean really. It’s not cartoons it’s a soap opera that most of the fans have been watching from day one. All I can say is the proof is in the pudding & I believe when I see it. Hopefully we will in January 2012…..

• sandy says:

JR, Jacob Young is going to be on a show called The Talk doing some kind of cooking and said he would discuss his final acting job on AMC since he left to be on Bold and Beautiful. I am wondering now if he kills himself…after shooting Erica by mistake??? Anyway, just thought I would pass on. They are having Michael Knight on Tues and the man who plays Jake on Thur. I have never watched the show but I will for this. If anyone hears of any other AMC stars any where pls let me know. If I cannot see them on AMC would love to see them as a guess somewhere BUT not on another soap. Tks!

• Jodi says:

I have a problem with these Characters ever playing anyone else. I really do , but i will watch it as well. He will still be Tad to me! lol Do you watch Dirty Soap on the E channel? its weird because you get to see these soap stars play themselves! thanks for the heads up about Michael Knight, I had no idea.

• Jody says:

Please have All My Children if at all Possible in March. I understand that They would have to had All Ready Been Taping to been able to be on in January. Please Sign Vincent Irizarry who is David Hayward. It is Boring when he is not on All My Children. Also, I want very Badly for David Hayward to have A Baby and to have Someone to Love which now would be Cara. I think David Hayward should be Happy like Everybody Else. Please Give Vincent whatever he wants. You CAN Have A Show with out Susan Lucci or even Erica Kane. Erica was not on for 3 Months and I think they did that Twice and the Show went on. I WILL Watch even if it is just the Children in High School or Grown. I know Their Parents and even Their Grandparents. If possible, I would like to even watch People from the Past. Just Give me All My Children. Also, I would like One Life To Live. I want to see Trevor St. James as Todd or Victor whichever and for him to know that Tea is having his Baby. I would like to have Ilene Kristen or whoever Plays Roxy Balsom. She is Phenomenal whether it is Getting Words or Phrases Wrong or even doing Drama. I Like Tuc Watkins also as David Vickers. Please get Robin Strauss at least on A Recurring Basis to go Against Viki. That is Dorian. I know that she is Living in LA now. I know that you have to Find another Studio for One Life To Live so it may be March. That’s Better than not being on. Jody

• Deb says:

Just wondering…how come soapnet can’t continue to run our shows? So grateful to PP of course. Was SOOO heartbroken as were so many last Friday when AMC aired the last episode of the “family” I spent time with everyday. I followed AMC since the very first episode and they WERE family. I am alone now…lost my precious husband and sitting down with everyone in Pine Valley everyday has gotten me through some dark places…I NEED AMC!

• Michelle says:

Soapnet is going away. It is becoming a 24-hour children’s programming channel.

• Polka Girl says:

What parent in their right mind would welcome 24 hours worth of children’s programming?

• Tripp says:

Yes, SoapNet has been scheduled to go away for sometime now. But do we really need another 24 hour children’s channel? What happened to Saturday morning cartoons on the regular networks. Looking forward to All My Children coming back. The Chew on ABC is BORING.

• Dee says:

ABC/Disney owns soapnet. I don’t know why Oprah doesn’t take AMC. She’s got crappy shows on her network.

• connie says:

soap net is running episodes of amc at 3 in the morning I set my vcr to record.

• Tea says:

I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way about losing AMC, but we are family too, all of us who have spent time over the years visiting ‘Pine Valley’. Keep comming online and keep in touch with people who care about what you care about.

• Linda Nalls says:

Love All My Children been watching for over 30yrs.

• linsue says:

Ive watched AMC and OLTL since they first aired; glad I’ll still be able to view them via Prospect/Park starting January. Do you think they could bring back “Ryan’s Hope” and maybe
          “Dark Shawows”?

• JoAnn says:

I LOVE ALL My Children and I have been watching it since I was in my teens,I am now 65 years old, so you can imagine how sorry I was to see this awesome show go offline and Im with the others the CHEW boring..please please bring back ALL MY CHILDREN TO ABC

• marion mantz says:

Saving All MY CHILDREN has given me something to look forward to in the new year. THANK YOU

• Janet says:

I totally agree!! I already miss ALL MY CHILDREN! I’ve watched it since the beginning, and it seems like I’ve lost part of my family. — I read that Prospect Park might delay the internet show if Susan Lucci doesn’t sign on. — I would hope that isn’t true!! There are so many other very talented actors!! I can’t believe that any of my fellow AMC fans would be very happy if losing Susan would hold up or stop their production. I AM ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE NEW ALL MY CHILDREN!

• Jerrilynn says:

Not a snowball’s chance in hell that I’ll watch it online! I spend 8 hours a day on the computer on my job, and my ONE lovely break was to come home and watch the DVR’d episodes of my soaps. I am TOTALLY and COMPLETELY insulted as an AMC fan for 38+ years and OLTL fan for 35+ years that they never stopped for one second to think about the demographic that watches their shows, never stopped for one second to think about the fan base. Why couldn’t they just have wrapped it all up in a nice, tidy little package and ENDED IT when the show freaking ENDED? It was a total slap in the face to those of us that have over 30 years invested in these storylines. HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE! Did the thought NEVER occur to y’all tha we spend enough time online ??? I will never, ever, EVER watch it online. I think Agnes Nixon did the worst possible job she could have done in so far as ending the show on the network (the real network, ABC, not some made-up online freaking network). I feel more betrayed by the show’s producers/creators than I would feel by my husband if he cheated on me. SHAME ON YOU for taking it to an online format, and SHAME ON YOU for ruining the outcome of what had previously been a fabulous show. And SHAME SHAME SHAME on ABC for replacing AMC with The Chew! Seriously, you thought that would fly? What were you smoking?? If The Spew is still online a year from now, I’ll be TOTALLY surprised. And yes, I have given the show a fair chance and DVR’d the first month of episodes, and the only thing that made me more tired than trying to watch that drivel is a fat dose of Benadryl with a white wine chaser. They didn’t take ANY of the shows’ fans into consideration. Like I said, not a snowball’s chance in hell that I’ll watch either OLTL or AMC in its online format because, although you may have a handful of the same actors, you’ve chosen soaps’ WORST story writers (because everybody else had too much dignity to do what you’re doing to ruin these stories), and there’s no way that’s gonna fly. You’re taking a big gamble and a big risk for NOTHING. Have you not read ANY of the message boards online? You will have maybe…. MAYBE… 10% of the stories’ fans following you to the online venue. Screw you for ruining this for me.

• Shirley Sandifer-McIntosh says:

When will OLTL air its last date in 2011?

• Brad says:

December 31

• Gwen says:

I am commenting on the post from Jerrilynn. Lady, you are a crazy radial B, that MUST have forgotten to take your med’s and by your post, alot of them. Who made you the expect on what will fly online or won’t. Frankly, if you don’t watch the shows online that’s your choice but really, do you think anybody will care. People love their soaps anyway they can get them. If TV is not going to give it to us, thank God for PP. They know a good money maker when they see one. I postively will be there. Thanks PP.

• Sally Lanier says:

I’m so sorry to learn that these shows will not be on television. I think Prospect Park is making a huge mistake by not televising AMC and OLTL. They are missing out on a very large market – Asst. Living Centers and Nursing Homes nationwide. I have relatives in both and they are extremely unhappy about missing their “stories” on TV. Please reconsider this mass market of literally thousands of viewers and don’t forget the senior citizens. Does anyone have an address for Prospect Park?

Thanks

• Kristy Reynolds says:

Hi Sally..first of all that is my sisters name and I understand what you are saying. My mother watched AMC and then she passed away last year but she never had a computer. I feel for your relatives because they look forward to their soaps. The reason I want it on tv is because I have fibromyalgia and I can only sit for so long and then I have to sit in a comfortable chair. Also not everyone has a computer. My sisters friend watched AMC and she is unhappy because she doesnt have a computer either. I dont know the address to Prospect Park and dont even know where that is. I am in a little town in Illinois. Im not very computer savvy either so if you find out any news would yu pls forward it to me. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless…kristy

• DarkSide says:

I use Internet TV exclusively. Generally, if there is a fee, it is a monthly fee that allows you to watch anything that is available as many times and anytime you wish. It’s a MUCH better alternative than cable because you subscribe only to the channels you want. It’s cheaper by a long shot, and you aren’t paying for 15 sports networks. Also, there are very few — often no — commercials. Within five years, there will be no more cable television. It will all be online.

• DarkSide says:

Sorry. The reply above was a response to another post that was posted in this spot in error. In regard to this thread, one does not need a computer to watch Internet TV. If assisted living centers have WiFi, all you need is a DVD or blue ray player that has Net TV, and most do. You can pick one up for about $150. It’s easy to use. Anyone who can operate a remote for cable TV can operate Net TV. Any new Net network that is hoping to attract a significant audience will offer the service using this delivery method as well as the online method, and it sounds as if this network wants to be a player in this new and growing field. There are a couple of issues that need to be worked out. First, I can’t get closed captioning on TV for these networks, even though I can get it on my iPad. Perhaps that’s a limitation of the inexpensive blue ray player I bought. Second, it would be nice to be able to record the programs. I certainly hope that if that isn’t possible, TOLN has the good sense to put soaps out on DVD. I fail to understand why networks don’t. Everything is available, and there would be a ready-made, loyal market for the product.

• Barbara says:

Kristy, I think you will be able to find Prospect Park, you managed to post on this forum. Really?

• Dave says:

It’s not that Prospect Park don’t want to have theses shows on cable television. It’s rather that Prospect Park can’t find a cable channel that want to air theses soaps. There’s a difference.

• norm says:

you people have to much free time all you do is watch soaps get a life

• Diane says:

I am very grateful to Prospect Park. Please bring out soaps back.

• PEGGY says:

I WOULD LIKE TO TO BE UP DATED ON THE AIRING OF ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE. THANKS SO MUCH.SO GLAD YA HAVE FOUND A WAY TO KEPT HISTORY GOING ON WITH AND OUR FARVIORITS SOAPS……

• IS ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE COMMING BACK FOR REAL THIS TIME AND ARE THEY GOING TO GET ALL OF THERE CAST MEMBERS BACK PLEASE SAY IT IS TRUE THIS TOME PLEASE JOHN AND HOWARD CAYLOR AND FANS

• Linda says:

I would like be update went the show start come on

• orlene luke says:

Please let me no when All My Children starts up and one Life to Live.I miss it a lot just doesn’t seem right waiting for someone to pick it up on a network. Thank you
      Not everyone has a computer, or a satalite.

• peggy says:

Sunsan you have to play Ercia.,no one else can.One Life To Live….Its has to be the Natlie,Todd,Jessica,Clint,Bo,Starr,Danny,Teaa,Jack….Nora just bring back what like we like to watch…

• Phoenix Redux says:

I’m pretty sure Erica is gone as a character.
        But, you are right: no one else could play her, and Susan Lucci is gone.
        I suspect Erica was the one shot by J.R., to neatly explain her absence. Either that, or she will be “off in Hollywood” permanently.
        She’ll leave a great void in the story, and I have little hope the soap will be as compelling without her…but we’ll see.
        Perhaps a new “Erica”-type of character will be introduced, and perhaps a chance for a new actress to create for herself the monumental impact that Susan Lucci created in her tenure on AMC.

• Shirley says:

I really miss All My Children. However, I don’t feel that Susan Lucci will be missed as much as we think. She was pretty much just fluff for the show. I was really getting tired of seeing a 65 year old woman wearing such scanty clothes. She was definitely not age appropriate. I do miss the show and will be happy when it is revived on TOLN.

• Judi says:

I agree! I thought it was just me. Erica had become a silly shadow of the character’s previous self. She was definetely too old to still be playing the coquettish girl. The show would have been better served to have her grow into the town matriarch, weilding her power the way Phoebe did.

• fern says:

hope is starts soon

• fern says:

yes need date 2 amc have been watching +20 years cant stand it was removed

• Betty says:

Please advise when all my children starts last episode left me hanging want to know who JR shot

• patricia says:

I CAN’T WAIT. I AM SO EXCITED

• suzanne steele says:

could you please keep me informed of the airing of All My Children, I have been watching this soap for over 30yrs. I was very disappointed in ABC cancellation, I do not want to watch another food show, and there are so many weight loss info commercials, and programs i cannot count them all.

• I MUST AGREE WITH TONI DURBEN. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL KEEP ME INFORMED WHEN ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE DEBUT ON ONLINE NETWORK. I HOPE THAT GENERAL HOSPITAL WILL DEBUT ON ONLINE NETWORK IN 2012. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SHOW. YOUR TRULY CHARLES DAVID HASKELL

• Aggie says:

Yes please send me details about when all my children will air online. I am so excited and want to thank Prospect Park for thinking out of the box to continue with the cancelled soap operas that I think the networks cancelled. I wouldn’t even mind paying a subscription fee especially if the offer past online episodes that we may occasionally miss. Can’t wait and hope the actors that have not signed up yet realize the Internet programming is the future for more than just soap opera programming.

• Barb Olson says:

I can’t wait for AMC to come back, do we really need another food channel.

Please keep me update as to when the new episodes will start. thanks

• angie klimek says:

please let me know as soon as i can watch amc and oltl on line thanks

• Wayne says:

Will someone for the love of GOD please get this info to Prospect Park. They MUST find a way to bring back James Kiberd as Trevor Dillon, Michael Nader as Dimitri Marrick, and John Callahan as Edmund Grey back to All My Children. They are what made the shows best years what they were and they would be MANY MANY people back to the show.

• Cindy Hatcher says:

What’s going on with AMC’s future? All I keep hearing about is OLT.

• I MUST SECOND THAT QUESTION SEND BY TONI DURBEN. I CAN’T WAIT WHEN BOTH SHOW STARTING IN 2012. GOOD LUCK TO THE FUTURE. YOUR TRULY CHARLES DAVID HASKELL

• Lucinda S. Robinson says:

I did not watch AMC very much,but I feel for its fans. I am heartbroken over OLTL. I did record the Chew one time,that was all it took for me. I can’t believe ABC has replaced great programs with crap!I will be a loyal internet watcher in 2012. Please keep us updated.

2. NEK38583 says:

I wish we knew what the Chew ratings where. I would like to see how bad it flop.

• Smooshiest says:

Probably not going to see ratings for a few days; given the horrible reviews, I can’t see them being good. I’m done with ABC Daytime anyway – the only places I need to watch food shows are the Food Network or Cooking Channel. Plus, I was taping only AMC anyway; no need to tune in during the day for shows I never watched.

• Cinchee says:

I am boycotting ANYTHING ABC shows in AMC’s time slot!!!

• Elyse Giles says:

I am totally in agreement. My life has felt nothing but off kilter since AMC has gone off the air. I did nothing but cry for the last two weeks. To say I’m said is a huge understatement. Yes, I do have a “life” but I faithully watched AMC for the last 41 years, every episode. I didn’t want to be glued to the tv so it was the only soap I watched. They became family and it’s like a death in my life. I will never watch any replacement at noon also. I taped most of the episodes because I am busy. Michael Knight was AMC and if he leaves there’s no point in watching it anymore anyway. I also adored the Babe that was recently on who was the original Babe. I had the good fortune to personally meet her in New York and you couldn’t meet a finer or sweeter young woman. I was hoping and praying she would be back but not with all of this mess I highly doubt it. I am heart broken. There is nothing left to say.

• journey says:

i am the same way i have watched for 31 years..it was the only soap i watched,,, it was set up to tape incase i wasnt there,,lol i also have a life but i like to escape to pinevalley to get away from the hussle and bussle,,i wont watch ABC daytime either,,,nothing to watch,, if i want to watch food stuff ill watch food network, and i do occasionaly,,,but its my choice not forced down my throat,,,im heartbroke too,,,and i understand where u r coming from,,,(peace sister!)
          note…….i was told if u DVR things and dont watch in 24 hrs that it wont count in the ratings? u think that may of been some of the problems? i noticed some fans taped all week then watched on the weekends? guess its good to know this info? for future reference?

• Phoenix Redux says:

Elyse…REALLY?
          I’m a huge fan…have been since the beginning…probably as long as you. But to say your “life is out of kilter”…wow.

• Michelle Dunn says:

I feel lost as well that’s crazy they took amc off. Who bright Idea was that? That must don’t watch the soaps.

• Linda says:

I also will not watch the show known as the Chew. That is taking over All My Children’s time slot. Even when the commercials come on I switch to another channal! I can not wait to see who comes back!

• Tanya says:

I couldn’t agree more! My mom, grandma aka “gaga” are sick over this we have been loyal fans for 41 years. We set our dvrs to record Days of our Lives and Young and the Restless. I hope The Chew Chokes!!!

• rantmuch says:

Monday’s premiere of The Chew, ABC’s replacement for All My Children drew 2.5 million viewers and 590,000 women 18-49, that equals the most recent week’s (9/12-16) AMC viewership (2.491 million) and exceeded its women 18-49 viewership (532,000).

This is from the article on tvbythenumbers, a site which tracks ratings….

3. Smooshiest says:

This is great news… I have been one of the patient fans of AMC and hope knowing this helps actors and fans sign on. I watch a lot of TV online already, so I am set for when AMC premieres on TOLN.

• barbara kenerly says:

I have watched since day one and will be so happy when January comes..but I wish more actors will commit to PP..Has anyone heard who else is singing besides Cameron and Lisa.(Cara)..?

4. Sivat says:

OLTL also signed Sean Ringgold just yesterday…see soapoperadigest.com for confirmation.

5. Sivat says:

As a Canadian viewer, I wonder if there is a chance TOLN will license its shows to continue to be aired on Canadian television.

6. Susan K says:

This is wonderful. I hope you can get alot of AMC stars signed

7. Nancy Wizner says:

This is great news! I am, however, wondering when we will hear more of AMC cast signing up! Susan Lucci has just got to return as she is the ONLY Erica Kane. Come on Susan, don’t disappoint us!

8. Nona says:

I’m waiting for Susan Lucci to sign before I subscribe to this service.

• Phoenix Redux says:

So far, TOLN is going to be advertising driven, like Hulu.
      Sign on. It’s free.
      It my be the only chance to see it.
      Susan Lucci has said she will not sign, so reconcile yourself to any version of AMC being sans susan.

9. Lori says:

WONDERFUL. Will be there in the New Year!!!

10. Debbie says:

Is it gonns be free watch AMC AND OLTL,?

11. Mary says:

Thank you Prospect Park for picking up OUR SOAPS!! If they are still dumb enough to follow through with chopping GH, I hope you will be there to support that also!! I’m also done with ABC/Disney and their sponsors after this! There is no GOOD reason for their actions –just their greed!

12. Diana says:

THANK YOU PP! I am so looking forward to seeing my beloved AMC on your on-line network! I have a good feeling that PP is going to do soap fans proud! I will also watch for OLTL and I’m interested in seeing what other programming will be available. I’m spreading the word to all my fellow soap friends about PP, and now I have a site to direct them too!

13. Anastasia Beaverhausen on facebook says:

@MattWebbMitovich

Thank you for the article, but contrary to the above SUSAN LUCCI stated over the weekend (on NPR) that she is still in negotiations with Prospect Park.

14. Marlene says:

I saw the reviews for the new show (I will not mention their name) The reviews were very bad. YEAH! I won’t watch ABC daytime anymore, not ever!

15. Jennifer Cruz says:

So excited and can’t wait to resume watching All My Children. It has left a void in so many lives….I will be a faithful viewer. Thank you!!!

16. Soper says:

I just want to give a special thanks for all those responsible for the rescue of our shows . I also want to thank the cast members who broke ground and signed for the on line version.
    These trail blazers have paved the way for future success
    of these treasured shows.

17. Trish says:

Ok y’all chill, Susan is not AMC… She is merely a character on the show. There are sooo many others who make the show. I will watch this show with or without her. She has so much money she needs to just do it for the fans… So yea. Lets hope they keep the players that care. Thank you.

• chandlerfan says:

do it for the fans? she’s done it for the fans for 41 yrs. how about some time for her? and she did take a paycut to go to LA. why dont you do the same job you do now for less money.

• Missing Dr. Dave says:

Sorry, but many of us in real life jobs, and the entertainment field are realizing the economy is forcing us to take a pay cut and not only doing the same job, but actually doing more. I got my cut this September. I’m missing the escape of coming home from work and unwinding with old friends in Pine Valley I’m come to love, and now miss. Sounds pathetic, but AMC was a guilty pleasure that didn’t put on pounds.

• Pat says:

You took the words out of my mouth. Totally agree.

• Pat says:

I am referring to your post Trish. With or without Susan Lucci, AMC can be just as good.

• mary says:

I agree AMC really doesn’t need Susan…I actually got tired of susan…love Cara

• DarkSide says:

Susan Lucci’s idea of acting is putting her hands against her thighs and leaning forward. Between her poor acting and the fact that her surgically reconstructed face and her wrinkled neck don’t go together, I found her very difficult to watch.

• Steven says:

I have always wondered why people assume just because someone (supposedly) has lots of money that they owe people something. She works a job just like everyone else and gets paid for it. If she has managed her money right over the years and has become rich off it (along with her other ventures) then that’s her business and she doesn’t owe anyone anything. I would think staying on one show, playing one character, for 41 years is thanks enough to the fans if she chooses not to continue to the online venture.

• Ginger says:

I agree–she’s 64 years old and I would certainly understand if she wanted to cut back on appearances. She could make a guest appearance on AMC on line occasionally and it would be OK with me–look how long they had Adam off screen but still being referred to regularly. I’m sure the new on-line AMC will be different from what we’ve been used to, but there have been hundreds of cast changes in 41+ years and we’ve gotten used to the new actors portrayals. We will still do that. I’m just grateful to PP that it’s going to be on at all. I’ve been suffering withdrawals the last two days without my AMC.

18. Mary Stevens says:

This is awesome news!I hope PP will continue to work to air the shows on cable,as I am one of the fans who may not be able to watch online.Please,please do everything in your power to sign Trevor St.John for OLTL!if you can do this,I will do everything in my power,including spending money to upgrade equipment and service plan,to be able to watch!TSJ is worth whatever the cost may be!Thank you PP so much for saving our soaps!

• Alison says:

I agree! I am soooo hoping that Trevor St. John will come back in January. Love him and miss him!! PP powers, please work with him!!!

• DarkSide says:

I, too, am a huge TSJ fan, but he wasn’t going to sign a long-term contract to be on OLTL if it had stayed on ABC. I’ll be very surprised if he signs on to do the show online. I doubt that RH will, either, since he left the show 3 times over the years. I’m really surprised Michael Easton signed. With the success of his writing, I would have thought he would be glad to get out of soaps.

19. Marjorie says:

Thank you to PP for starting a new trend. To think Soaps started on radio, then television and now embarking to the internet. I think this will be amazing. I’m a big AMC & OLTL Fan for 34 years who has moved retired to the Dominican Republic, where AMC & OLTL is shown. I hope to be able to continue watching on the internet from the Dominican Republic. Alot of US TV shows are not broadcast internationally or can be viewed on the internet, please remember both soaps are internationally known. Everyone knows Erica Kane & Victoria Lord. To both shows cast “Thank You for letting me be a part of your family.” I’ll be waiting.

20. Anitta V Levine says:

Chew, give me a break, how can they compare that to All My Children, someones head will roll for doing this! How stupid is ABC!!!!

21. Ken Riley says:

So.. Does anyone know if there is a place to sign in to receive updates on progress of AMC coming back??

22. ROSE says:

I hope all the stars stay with amc and oltl.. it wont be the same.. ABC , your ratings are gona drop so bad ur gona go cry..

23. Lisa says:

Please, Please keep us updated on start dates for the shows. And thank u for taking over these soaps.

24. Terry says:

That’s great. At least Prospect Park is trying. I just hope they get the rights to GH when it goes off the air in 2012. ABC thinks it can fool fans, they gave away the time slot to boring Katie Couric & haven’t rescheduled it. Fingers crossed that the soaps online is a success.

• Amy says:

I think if PP takes off (which I am really really hoping it does) and ABC sees this and that The Chew and Revolution tank, I think they will realize their mistake and keep GH. If PP fails and the new shows do ok and make a profit since they’re so cheap to produce, Katie will be on at 3pm in 2012.

25. JAmandaFan says:

Come on AMC- we need more actors to sign on! The show has to pick up where the finale left off–every actor in the Chandler mansion. I think as a sign of appreciation for the show- all those actors should sign on for the first week–and for many it can be for the first week only. The only way this will work is to pick up at the Chandler party. I mean JR’s bullet could have killed many people and then they can leave for good. I hope Krystal, Kendall, Tad, Zach, Griffin, Jake and David stay on!

26. journey says:

i just wanted to say thank you to TLON,,prospective park,,,thank you for saving all my children and one life to live,,i have watched for over 30 years and its been heartbreaking to see it gone from ABC..thanks to u,,, most of us can continue watching…please try hard to get the soap stars to sign on,,we know they would b doing it for the fans..

27. Meg says:

So I know everyone is upset with ABC and is boycotting their shows, but refusing to watch will just pull other good shows off the air.

28. Mary says:

My biggest concern is if they try to charge us to watch our soaps. It was hinted that they didn’t know yet. The way I see it is I already pay for internet service so I don’t think I am willing to pay to watch an hour soap each day. Hmmmm, really bugs me. Hope they get it worked out. Now I am all worried, AGAIN.

29. Nikole says:

I am so so so happy that you guys are going to air AMC & OLTL online and maybe on cable i can express how happy i am i still can’t believe ABC took them off so the hell with ABC i will be a #1 fan of you guys and watch both soaps when they air

30. jake says:

Why can’t they get a network interested — cable channels — i’m sure they would be interested in getting 2 million viewers.

31. Sivat says:

I’ve never watched AMC and not sure if I will follow OLTL online. I hate how Ron Carlivati has written the show, especially the way he ruined my favourite character, Marty Saybrooke. Apparently Ron is going to GH and OLTL is getting a new head writer, so I am hoping the new HW brings back Marty and Patrick and fixes things.

32. patti says:

since army wives is almost where can I campaign to get them to bring greg and jenny back

33. Kim says:

I cant wait for January, I will definitely be watching AMC and OLTL
    Thanks to The Online Network

34. Pat says:

I am grateful that someone is picking up BOTH of these soaps and will be supportive. I’m hoping to see a lot of old faces, but if Susan Lucci decides not to sign…I will watch anyway. She was not the whole show after all. OLTL sounds like they are picking up some of my favorites on the show..keep it up!

35. Michelle Robinson says:

Please …Please …Please bring back AMC…I have watched this since I was 4 yrs old….day 1…and I feel sooo lost without the crew of Pine Valley!!! This was the one thing I looked forward to EVERYDAY!!!! It brought me joy and peace from my own reality! Please don’t disappoint us! Bring back AMC!!! Thx in advance! ;-)

36. Angela says:

I am grateful that PP is bringing AMC back online. Its my favorite daytime soap and I look forward to January… Thanks for believing that this genre is not dead and showing loyalty to the big fan base. There are more of us than ABC thinks..

37. Megan says:

Will this be available in Canada?? Because I am missing my AMC and I HATE HATE HATE the way they ended the show, they have just introduced such great story lines this past month, and just left us hanging. I am just PISSED. I am still watching OLTL, and hoping they do not ruin it the same way they did with AMC.

38. tammy says:

i will NEVER turn my tv to abc from 1pm -3pm no longer

39. tammy says:

please someone save amc and oltl please please please

40. Petra says:

I read somewhere that the shows will start to be shown online on January 16, 2012. OLTL’s last date on ABC is January 13, 2012. I agree with some of the posters above, I wish some of these actors would start signing up. I also agree that AMC can be wonderful even without Susan Lucci. I’m probably on my on with this, but I actually really didn’t like her much on the show. I liked some of the others way more. Anyway, just saw the question about a start-up date for the shows, so I figured I’ll post.

41. Petra says:

I almost forgot, they are also supposed to start filming in November for the January start-up. That’s why I really hope some of the stars will start signing up.

42. annie says:

OLTL need to sign Bo,nora and Mathew asap they are the only reason I watch that show I will be so heart broken if they dont make the move with the show.BTW f*** ABC I hope all the stupid shows they put on get cancelled and I hope Brain Frones get fired!!!!!!!!!

43. Jim says:

Thanks for picking up our shows. We appreciate it!

44. Yvonne says:

So glad for Prospect Park! I just signed up for the TVLine newsletter. I feel like all Soap Fans; been watching since the beginning of All My Children and One Life to Live. You have a viewer in me.
    Thanks!

45. jmc says:

Why can’t they get a network interested — and they bring to a cable channels soon

46. Jill says:

has Melissa A aka Natalie signed onand Jerry Van Dorn aka Clint
    i sure hope the find a cable network to watch on tv and also online 0

47. jmc says:

I read Melissa A and Jerry Van Dorn as signed on I hope they have it on cable tv and also online

48. Jill says:

Thanks! I signed up for the new letter

I have been watch amc for 41 years and oltl for 43 years i am a very loyal soap fan I hope and wish the find a cablw rv channel to go to so i can watch amc and oltl on tv and also online

49. Jill says:

I would love to see John and Nstalie msrried and together raising there son Liem before one life to live goes off the air in Jan

50. Jill says:

Thanks for picking up our shows. I very much appreciate it!