Exclusive

Exclusive: Cougar Town's Dan Byrd Relocates to Suburgatory (Temporarily)

ABC is sentencing Cougar Town‘s Dan Byrd to a brief stint in Suburgatory.

The hilariously deadpan actor will pull double duty this season when he guest stars as a high school student in an episode of ABC’s promising new suburban satire.

Cougar Town Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Ellie’s Mom!

Byrd, whose C-Town alter ego Travis is a college sophomore, will appear in Episode 11 of Suburgatory as Josh Sherman, Chatswin High’s latest transplant and Tessa’s (played by the equally droll Jane Levy) new ally — or so she thinks. Though he seems hip and trustworthy, Josh also appears to be harboring a secret.

Suburgatory premieres Wednesday at 8:30/7:30c after The Middle. Cougar Town, meanwhile, is still awaiting a return date. (Grrr)

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. MandalayMai says:

It’s ridiculous that The Middle has a spot in the fall lineup, but Cougartown has to wait.

2. Mikaylah says:

Cougar Town needs to come back NOW. The show is amazing, and I miss the Cul-de-Sac crew!

3. JJ says:

I don’t want to wait anymore. Cougar Town needs to come back with AT LEAST 6 seasons and a movie just like Community said lol

• davey says:

I alughed out loud when I heard that on Community last week – I know it’s not even close to being true, but I need my Cougar Town fix NOW! ABC please do us a favor and put Cougar Town back on the air ASAP. Is it bad that I want one of the new ABC comedies to fail miserably so CT can make it back on the schedule a little quicker?

4. J.Norman says:

Is anyone SURE that Suburgatory will even be around for the 11th episode?
    It doesn’t sound all that good, but time will tell.

5. Faye Chamberlin says:

I will be watching Cougarton Abbey in the meantime!

6. Ram510 says:

We’ll see Dan Byrd in episode 11 assuming Suburgatory makes it that far. I just don’t see Suburgatory and Man Up lastig very long. I hate to say it but Happy Endings may not last either. That should make way for Cougar Town to come back sooner.

Yes Cougar Town needs at least 6 season and a movie!!!

7. bob says:

it’s awful, but i have been hoping for a lackluster abc fall season so cougar town can come back early and look like a modest success in comparison. with revenge and pan am premiering decently (far from breakout hits, thank god), i’m praying that last man standing and suburgatory are as bad as they look and will attract few viewers leading to their swift cancellations and thus new time slot options for cougar town, which, with community, is the most unappreciated comedy on the air.

8. Elizabeth says:

I miss Cougar Town! Happy Endings is just “okay” for me. Don’t get the major hype of that show :-/
    If it had got canceled, I wouldn’t have even flinched.

9. bluebonnetbelle says:

Any Dan Bryd on my TV is a good thing…that being said I hope someone finally held him down and gave him a haircut and some eye drops…he was looking pretty rough last season on CT.

10. Danny says:

I want my Cougar Town!!! Anybody know when its coming back? I’m nervous, I was hoping it wasn’t cancelled.

11. MandalayMai says:

Love Cougartown, so I ma glad that this is temporary, but I am surprised to find that I really enjoyed Suburgatory. Read my blogpost about it and other new shows http://watchwithmai.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/persons-and-shows-of-interest/

12. CoogFan says:

Yo! ABC!

BRING BACK COUGAR TOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!