Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Cougar Town's Dan Byrd Relocates to Suburgatory (Temporarily)

ABC is sentencing Cougar Town‘s Dan Byrd to a brief stint in Suburgatory.

The hilariously deadpan actor will pull double duty this season when he guest stars as a high school student in an episode of ABC’s promising new suburban satire.

Cougar Town Exclusive: Look Who’s Playing Ellie’s Mom!

Byrd, whose C-Town alter ego Travis is a college sophomore, will appear in Episode 11 of Suburgatory as Josh Sherman, Chatswin High’s latest transplant and Tessa’s (played by the equally droll Jane Levy) new ally — or so she thinks. Though he seems hip and trustworthy, Josh also appears to be harboring a secret.

Suburgatory premieres Wednesday at 8:30/7:30c after The Middle. Cougar Town, meanwhile, is still awaiting a return date. (Grrr)

Comments (16)

• It’s ridiculous that The Middle has a spot in the fall lineup, but Cougartown has to wait.

Comment by MandalayMai – September 26, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Middle is funny too and perfect for the 8 o clock hour, Cougar Town is not.

Comment by Mark – September 26, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You could pass the time while you wait watching Cougarton Abbey.

Comment by Michael Sacal – September 26, 2011 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Middle also gets higher ratings… (And my bias leans towards CT as I’ve seen every episode of that and never watched the Middle – just stating the facts here…)

Comment by AJ – September 26, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town needs to come back NOW. The show is amazing, and I miss the Cul-de-Sac crew!

Comment by Mikaylah – September 26, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want to wait anymore. Cougar Town needs to come back with AT LEAST 6 seasons and a movie just like Community said lol

Comment by JJ – September 26, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I alughed out loud when I heard that on Community last week – I know it’s not even close to being true, but I need my Cougar Town fix NOW! ABC please do us a favor and put Cougar Town back on the air ASAP. Is it bad that I want one of the new ABC comedies to fail miserably so CT can make it back on the schedule a little quicker?

Comment by davey – September 26, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is anyone SURE that Suburgatory will even be around for the 11th episode?
    It doesn’t sound all that good, but time will tell.

Comment by J.Norman – September 26, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching Cougarton Abbey in the meantime!

Comment by Faye Chamberlin – September 26, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ll see Dan Byrd in episode 11 assuming Suburgatory makes it that far. I just don’t see Suburgatory and Man Up lastig very long. I hate to say it but Happy Endings may not last either. That should make way for Cougar Town to come back sooner.

Yes Cougar Town needs at least 6 season and a movie!!!

Comment by Ram510 – September 26, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • it’s awful, but i have been hoping for a lackluster abc fall season so cougar town can come back early and look like a modest success in comparison. with revenge and pan am premiering decently (far from breakout hits, thank god), i’m praying that last man standing and suburgatory are as bad as they look and will attract few viewers leading to their swift cancellations and thus new time slot options for cougar town, which, with community, is the most unappreciated comedy on the air.

Comment by bob – September 26, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Cougar Town! Happy Endings is just “okay” for me. Don’t get the major hype of that show :-/
    If it had got canceled, I wouldn’t have even flinched.

Comment by Elizabeth – September 26, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any Dan Bryd on my TV is a good thing…that being said I hope someone finally held him down and gave him a haircut and some eye drops…he was looking pretty rough last season on CT.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – September 27, 2011 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want my Cougar Town!!! Anybody know when its coming back? I’m nervous, I was hoping it wasn’t cancelled.

Comment by Danny – September 27, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Cougartown, so I ma glad that this is temporary, but I am surprised to find that I really enjoyed Suburgatory. Read my blogpost about it and other new shows http://watchwithmai.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/persons-and-shows-of-interest/

Comment by MandalayMai – September 29, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yo! ABC!

BRING BACK COUGAR TOWN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by CoogFan – October 5, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post