Fox Nabs How I Met Your Mother Creators' Comedy Pilot Goodwin Games

Get More: News, Pilots

How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are Fox-bound.

The Goodwin Games, a potential single camera comedy series from Bays, Thomas and fellow HIMYM executive producer Chris Harris, has landed a pilot commitment at Fox.

How I Met Your Mother Meets… Katie Holmes!

The project, which spurred a multi-network bidding war, follows the lives of three siblings who reconnect after their father’s death.

In other Fox-related development news, the network has ordered a grisly-sounding pilot from Vampire Diaries‘ Kevin Williamson. According to our sister site Deadline.com, the untitled drama is being billed as a thriller about a diabolical mass murderer who uses technology to create a cult of serial killers.

Comments (8)

• Kids, let me tell you about the time my parents died.

Comment by Matt – September 26, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS.

Comment by Maia – September 26, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha! Yes. What a great catch phrase…

Comment by bethany – September 26, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Epic comment is epic.

Comment by Eli – September 27, 2011 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so great. Lmao.

Comment by pat – September 26, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it’s half as funny as How I Met Your Mother it’s going to suck twice as much as How I Met Your Mother.

Comment by Z – September 26, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed, HIMYM has gone down hill the last couple of seasons

Comment by martina – September 27, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What does this mean for HIMYM? There are many elements as to why HIMYM is one of the best shows on tv but I suspect that list starts with these 2!

Comment by Nancy – October 1, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post