TVLine Items: The View's Emotional AMC Sendoff, Sopranos Vet Returns to HBO and More!

If you’ve yet to shed a tear about the end of All My Children‘s 41-year run on ABC, Friday’s installment of The View should do the trick.

The Pine Valley tribute, co-hosted by the one and only Susan Lucci, featured countless interviews and reunited some of the soaps most memorable couples — Kim Delany’s Jenny and Laurence Lau’s Greg included!

The special hour also featured the followingbehind-the-scenes look at the cast’s final day on the All My Children set. Break out the Kleenex and push play!

Loading video...

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, The Lying Game) and Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos) have joined Ed Burns and Michael Rapaport in the HBO comedy pilot 40, Deadline reports. The series, from Entourage creator Doug Ellin, “revolves around four lifelong friends who help each other navigate life at” — you guessed it — 40!

• The Shield alum Catherine Dent has landed a recurring role on CBS’ The Mentalist as an “assertive” FBI agent on the Red John case, per EW.com.

• The premiere of E!’s Dirty Soap is right around the corner (Sunday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c), and Daytime Confidential has an exclusive sneak peek at the deliciously fun new reality romp.

• Billy Zane has been added as a recurring player on the debut season of NBC’s The Playboy Club, TV Guide Magazine reports. The Titanic actor will play “the cool-headed but ruthless younger brother” of the mob boss who was killed in the pilot episode.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Jess says:

40…”four lifelong friends who help each other navigate life at” — you guessed it — 40!” Did Men of a Certain Age change networks & get a younger cast? Guess we will see who does it better, HBO or TNT.

2. Danielle H. says:

Ooo rly Billy Zane? Interesting.

3. Kelly says:

The View did such an amazing job. I loved seeing BFF Jenny/Jesse and Greg/Jenny and Angie/Jesse together. I’m pretty sure david’s last patient was going to be Babe but I really really wanted it to be Jenny.

4. Joline says:

The View was so sad!!!! Can’t believe that I actually cried watching it. Seeing Susan Lucci, Agnes Nixon and the rest of the cast put me over the edge. Sad day for soap fans.

5. MelindaB says:

I didn’t know that The View was dedicating an hour to AMC, or I would have watched it. I got teary just watching these few minutes. I watched AMC off and on since the early 80s, and watched most of the final episode today. I meant to watch more of it this last month, but quit soaps cold turkey several years ago so the habit of turning the TV on is gone. It’s a sad day in the (ever shrinking) world of soaps.

6. april-ann says:

Turned out to be a better sendoff than the actual show gave us. Oh well. Jenny and Greg! Of the few scenes they showed, I’m surprised and disappointed that one of them wasn’t the one where Greg burst in and stopped Jenny’s wedding to Tony. It was the culmination of a two-week (our time, not Pine Valley time, LOL) interception by Amanda of a letter from Jenny to Greg telling him that she loves him. Does anyone else remember the characters in favor of Jenny and Greg urging Greg into the church and to keep on interrupting and the ones against Jenny and Greg waving him away and yelling “no, no, no!”? Such fun. I’m surprised that wasn’t one of the scenes shown, since apparently this was the first time they had been reunited in all those years.

7. Amy says:

Wasn’t expecting a whole lot from the View tribute but I was wrong. Current and past fan favorites and clips. Jenny and Greg were two of my favorites and their story, along with Jesse and Angie when they were all teens, was great.Young love, lots of drama and angst, and compelling story lines. I still remember Jesse and Jenny living in New York and sitting on the fire escape. I met the actor who played Greg in an airline lounge in the heyday and he was shy and polite and grateful for all the fans. I was afraid that Ms. Nixon was going to lose it along with some of the cast at the end. Ms. Nixon please I am telling you to have a class and instruction for the night time soaps (excuse me “Dramas”. They don’t have a clue!

8. AndyLuvr says:

Well, that sucks that “As the World Turns” didn’t get PEOPLE coverage last year considering it lasted longer than AMC and produced its fair share of post-ATWT superstars. Oh well. Another one bites the dust. Next up on the chopping block: “One Life to Live.”

9. lipsticksocialism says:

I was so happy they showed Jenny. This was a lovely tribute <3

10. Lying Game says:

I hope this means Adrian Pasdar doesn’t leave The Lying Game. He’s the best character in it and also has so many secrets we can;t wait to figure out.

11. Buffy Freak says:

Sorry I can’t watch Michael Imperioli in anything anymore since he staretd those wretched Cuervo 1800 tequila commercials. They don’t make me want to drink tequila…they make me want to smash his smug face with a bottle of Cuervo 1800…

12. Sue says:

We love Michael Imperioli!! Cannot wait to see him back on HBO…the channel that appreciates his talent!! I miss Men of A Certain Age too! TNT did not market this show or give it a chance to build an audience…they might as well be called ABC!!

13. jackie says:

I would like to ask why I won’t be able to see on SOAP the ABC shows that will soon be going to online. Not everyone has a computer especially us older ones who watched AMC and then OLTL both from day 1!!!!My husband did too and made sure he got home at noon to see AMC.
    I guess old timers don’t count anymore. I don’t need to watch another food show, its fine for the younger ones but not me, my cooking days are over. The 18-49ers that I know want to come home and watch their soaps in the evening. Now they can’t even tape them. Woe is me!!The other junk in the evening just doesn’t make up for my soaps.

14. kathryn says:

I love all my children.I have watched from day one. I really don’t know what I will do without them.They have kind of become part of my family. I hope ABC loses ratings! They will as for as I am concerned.I really want to know how and when to watch them on line. Erica was always my favorite!