Exclusive

One Tree Hill Exclusive: Three More Familiar Faces Return In Season 9!

The upcoming ninth and final season of One Tree Hill is bubbling over with returning fan faves like Tyler Hilton, Paul Johansson and Chad Michael Murray, and TVLine has learned exclusively that three more are on the way — though this trio may not be so welcome.

Allison Munn will turn up again as Lauren, Jamie’s onetime teacher who has appeared on and off since 2009, and she’s bringing along an unlikely beau: Quinn’s ex-hubby, David (played by Scott Holroyd). But that’s not the strangest part: We’re hearing that when they head back to town, Lauren will actually be carrying his child! Guess Skills (Antwon Tanner) is officially out of the picture…?

We’re not entirely sure how this random twosome came to be, but it wouldn’t be the first time David hooked up with a Tree Hill hottie: Remember his rendezvous with the other James sister, Taylor (Lindsey McKeon)? And here’s a fun fact: Munn and Holroyd are actually married in real life!

The third person returning to OTH will likely be met on the town’s infamous bridge with pitchforks and protests. Devin McGee‘s Xavier Daniels — the man who brutally attacked Brooke in Season 6 — will also appear during the long-running sudser’s final season. Details surrounding his encore are being kept under wraps, but when we last we saw Xavier he was behind bars for murdering Quentin (Robbie Jones).

In other OTH news, Desperate Housewives alum Richard Burgi has just landed a recurring gig as Brooke’s oft-mentioned father, HollywoodLife.com reports. And Barbara Alyn Woods is set to reprise her role as Nathan’s mom, Deb.

One Tree Hill returns for one last hurrah at midseason.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Daniel says:

I really wish i can see lucas and peyton love one more time but it sucks dat she’s not coming back

2. shane urick says:

Onetree hill has been a wordfuler show to watch it is going to be missed cuz the crew did a great job where they filmed the show.I have watched it from day one it hit me hard after dan killed his own brother keith in the school hallway.

3. Brittany says:

It’s weird that a lot of the original characters aren’t coming back (I.e. Rachel, Peyton, Jake, Karen, etc). For most of them this show made their careers so to not make time is weird.

On a lighter note, I think mark will make the last season memorable. I’m sure when Lucas an Peyton were written off the show it became harder to write story lines. Why? They really were the main main characters for the first four seasons so he had to change focus.

Anyhow, excited to see what happens!

4. basky says:

if only mark could assemble d entire old crew as they were,it would make a better ending when all things wrap up.yet am so happy am still seeing brooke davis.she’s my best character.

5. Biola says:

I fell in love with OTH right from the first scene but ever since luke,peyton,karen,andy,lily etc left,i don’t know anymore…well it’s a relief that some of them are comin’ back.i really wish peyton will star……

6. Tholou says:

I want lucas and peyton back on OTH cuz they are the heart of this movie: season 7 and 8 was boring without them

7. Andrea says:

Hillarie was quietly married to one of the directors of oth, when they got divorced she “suddenly disappeared” from the show. Unless he is no longer with oth you can bank on her not returning. His position with the show trumps hers, so her return is not goingnto happen.

8. Tony says:

Okay, peyton would be great but not gunna happen… Karen shoukd be a must and people ur forgetting another core cast member here??? What about whitey??? And in true fashion of one tree hill there is no way chad michael murray is only doing one ep.. Considering he said he woukd never do one tree hill again i gotta believe they have something huge planned for the final season!! This show is known for huge plot twists… I say bring back everyone, and maybe even craig shieffer who played keith as ghost obviously???

9. Tony says:

Oh and u gotta believe that they have to hide some of the story lines, i mean this is the final season so why woukd they leak anything planned at all?? Think about it guys

10. Rebecca says:

OTH is the best show ever. I agree with everyone that Lucas & Peyton made the show – but I do feel like they’ve still kept it way interesting with out. I’m still hoping somehow they’ll appear in the final season! <3

I do have a question .. Any word when season 9 will air ? Anytime soon ??

11. Siobhan says:

Does anyone know when season 9 starts!? :(

12. samantha says:

im really excited its comming back i just with this wasnt the last season

13. samuel says:

i represent OTH fans in Nigeria… .plssssss mark,bring bak peyton also…..i beg u…i miss ha hilarious laughter…i miss lucas badly…

14. Johnni says:

I hate peyton w luc, brooke has only truely loved luc. They were great together.peyton was abitch 2 brooke.

15. Amaka says:

I seriously want luke and payton back,p sawyer was brooke’s best friend, she needs to be there for her especially since she couldn’t make her wedding. I also want mia, really love her. Maybe both mia and haley will do a duet in one of d episode

16. Dasola says:

Wow! I love one tree Hill…i love peyton and Lucas but their absence in 7 and 8 does nt make d film worst since there are Alex…crazy girl)..Clay….Quinn…Taylor and my lovely Jamie…i love that boy…

17. bukii says:

I lov One tree hills.plsss I want lucas nd peyton to return .

18. I.A says:

THIS SUCKS WHY NOT HAVING KAREN AS WELL COZ SHE MADE THE FIRST 4 SEASONS ROCKING ALL THE WAY !!

19. anu says:

BRING BACK KAREN, MARK PLEASE!! END IT ONE TREE HILL WITH THAT ONE GREAT ACTRESS INCLUDED!! JUST AS IT STARTED! THANKS!

20. Jeff aliff jr says:

I feel as tho one tree has been a big part of my life everytime i watched it i wish i had friends like the people on it i didn’t expect this great show to ever end it breaks my heart my girl loves the show also and i think in a year in a half im going to move to wilmington , north carolina i wanna move in the actual town that they filmed in i live in glen burnie ,md now and its very boring it would be great living in the town where my favorite show was filmed