Nikita Season 2 Premiere: 8 Must-See Moments!

Having gone on a bit of a Nikita scoopfest in recent weeks (Here’s Part 1 and Part 2), TVLine has decided to keep things simple in this Season 2 preview: Just a few fun facts and must-see moments from Friday’s premiere (8/7c, The CW).

Some are silly (Michael’s new ‘do) and some game-changing (an extremely unfortunate shootout), but [A FEW SPOILERS AHEAD] if it’s a scene you shouldn’t miss, you can bet it’s included on our rundown.

Mikita Meltdown | There’s a breakup in the first five minutes — gasp! — but don’t fret. It’s possible it’s all just a ruse while Michael (Shane West) and Nikita (Maggie Q) are on an undercover mission…

Alex’s New Frenemy | Oversight’s new agent Sean Pierce (played by Dillon Casey) makes a terrible first impression on, well, everyone. Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca) and Amanda (Melinda Clarke) are particularly peeved by the “rules man,” who makes it clear that he’s only around to reclaim the black boxes from Nikita by any means necessary. It’s hard to like the newbie at first, but Casey’s rugged good looks do help. Plus, his introductory scene allows the audience to see just how self-sufficient Alex has become.

A Betrayal Foreshadowed? | In an early scene, Amanda offers these creepy words of comfort to Alex when the subject of obtaining her birthright arises: “Don’t worry, Alex, I keep my promises.” And just like that, all hope that Division’s HBIC will actually come through for Nikita’s former protege is lost.

Nikita Exclusive: David Keith Is [Spoiler's] Long-Lost Dad! Plus, Meet the New Birkhoff

“Unfortunate” Turn of Events | That was Craig Silverstein’s word choice when describing the premiere episode’s Alex/Nikita showdown, not ours. But the sad fact is, it fits the situation perfectly. You should know that Nikita does everything in her power to prevent the fight from escalating as horrendously as it does, but Alex is a hot-headed mess and won’t have it. This moment will define a large portion of the season.

Best Entrance Ever | Sorry, Mikita fans: Birkhoff (Aaron Stanford) is far and away the best thing about the Season 2 opener. He’s new, improved, and for everyone who’s been dying to see him out and about (and kicking ass!), you will not be disappointed. His first appearance in the episode is the funniest thing to date on Nikita. UPDATE: You can now see this super awesome scene at the following link. You’re welcome!

Best Hack-Job Ever | We’ve got to hand it to Birkhoff (and the Nikita writing team) again. There’s a moment where the reformed computer geek will interface with the folks of Division, and once again, the mood is lightened with humor — something Silverstein tells us will be much more prevalent in the coming year.

Bones Alumna Joins Nikita as [Spoiler]

Division’s X-Man | Percy (Xander Berekely) is busy channeling his inner Magneto in a glass prison, but that doesn’t mean he’s MIA. One of the episode’s most poignant moments features a chilling conversation between the prisoner and Alex.

Well-Coiffed Man | This one is strictly fluff, but since Shane West’s longer hair has been the subject of much Twitter fodder, I felt it necessary to include: During one of the premiere’s big fight sequences, Michael actually takes a moment to fix some of his locks that have fallen out of place. It’s equal parts adorable and absurd, and I think every Nikita fan will love it. So, keep your eyes peeled!

What are you most excited to see in Nikita‘s second season?

1. Jen says:

Great review Meg!!! I can’t wait for the premiere of S2! :D Looking forward to all of this. Mikita, Birkhoff, Sean/Alex, Amanda, and more. Thank you!

2. Robin says:

So excited that the show is back tonight. I love to find out what the new characters are like (Sean and Kelly and the new Division tech) and I find myself to be awkwardly anticipating Michael’s mid-fight sequence lock-fix.

3. cristela says:

I love Mikita!!!

They are lovely…. Maggie Q is so hot!!!

And Shane is so handsome….

4. jayme says:

Just marathoned the series last week, really excited for the new season and glad I only had to wait a week.

5. ashley says:

Michael fixing his hair during the fight was MY FAVORITE moment of the whole episode. Maybe that’s silly (or pathetic), but it was amazing. lol!

6. Russ says:

I would not call the Nikita/Alex a showdown, it was more of a beat down. I mean damn! homegirl showed her who is boss! but was it completely necessary to break her arm and shoot her. wtf?

7. Dee says:

That beatdown! was great.

Alex is really starting to get on my nerves. Felt sorry for her last year but now, not so much.

Love the Nerd!
    Hate his new hair though.

8. Kat says:

I kind of loved the premiere, but all the lovey-dovey stuff with Michael and Nikita made me think they’re going to kill him. You know, like they are just too happy for Nikita to stand? Just me? Not surprising.
    I LOVED the beatdown of Alex. Is that bad? She is an out of control, ungrateful little witch who is so stupid in her Amanda trust. I think that was kind of reminding her of where she came from as much as showing Nikita’s frustration and disappointment with her and herself. I was surprised but not unhappy about the severity of the wounds she gave Alex.

9. Rebecca says:

I thought the funniest thing in the episode is when Michael says after Birkhoff rant “And Birkhoff is not working with us” hahahah laughed so hard.Love Mikita, keep the lovey dovey scenes coming

10. Sky says:

Meg, this post about the premier is just brilliant. GOLD STAR.

I totally love everything you pointed out here, particularly Michael’s “well-coiffed” move. Hahah!! Yeah I enjoyed that moment. It was just.. something new. It’s like, Michael beats up these guys singlehandedly, But, since he’s an absolute perfectionist, every single strand of hair on his head has to be in place. Yeah. Nikita got herself a keepr.

CAn’t wait for your other posts about Nikita this season! It’s gonna be a helluva ride.

11. meddie says:

I really love nikita season two

12. Shelly says:

Nikita is a heartless BITCH. First she shoots Michael. Then she shoots Alex. Plus she murdered Alex’s father. She DID have a choice. She is NO HERO. Not even an anti-hero. She’s just a self-righteous a-hole. But I love the show…Alex, Amanda and Percy are the BEST characters!

13. Roberto says:

Hi, Did someone notice that the character of “Madelaine” is performed again by Roberta Watson as part of the team “Oversight” ? I´ts suppossed that she died in the canadian series Nikita starring by Peta Wilson. More surprises perhaps???

14. Kay says:

I hate Shane’s West hair. Why did he grow it out poodle style. Why?