Emmys

Good Wife's Alan Cumming Teases Eli-Kalinda Pairing: 'We Have a Flirty Thing Going On'

It was all below the belt for Alan Cumming on the Emmy red carpet last weekend. Not only did his trousers make what was arguably the event’s loudest fashion statement, but he confirmed TVLine’s scoop that this season on The Good Wife his alter ego Eli would embark on “a flirty thing” with Kalinda.

And of course that’s on top of the ex-wife he hand-picked himself. Or didn’t you know he’d personally gotten Parker Posey cast?

I’ll let him tell the story below.

Loading video...

1. xav says:

I’m super, super excited about seeing Parker and Alan on screen together again. And Eli/Kalinda being flirty sounds awesome.

2. Luc says:

How many flirty things can Kalinda have in this show?
    I hope it’s just “friendship” between those two.
    Especially because I root for Cary and Kalinda.

• Alicia says:

Agreed, I prefer it when Kalinda is flirting with the ladies. Though Cary does bring the pretty… so yeah, basically the ladies.

• Denise says:

I agree, she belongs with Cary.

• Ashley says:

Agreed. I love the idea of her and Cary together (at least for a while)! That being said… it’s KALINDA. Odds are that if you’re a living, breathing human being, she’s gonna flirt with you– especially if she finds you (a) interesting/unusual or (b) if you have information she needs.

• Luc says:

It’s not a problem if she flirts with women or men. It’s Kalinda, yeah. It’s just that the flirthy thing is becoming….old. And I want her being “serious” with someone for once…preferably with Cary because I think there’s more than a flirty thing between those two and because AP and MC have a great proven on-screen chemistry which shouldn’t go to waste, imo.

• Ashley says:

Their chemistry is incredible. I don’t know if I’d necessarily buy Kalinda in a serious relationship, but the friction between those two should not go to waste. It’s funny, because I hated the character of Logan on Gilmore Girls and thought he had no chemistry whatsoever with Rory. But Cary is a much better character than Logan, IMO. I find it incredible that I can loathe him and LOVE him at the same time. He’s so slimy, yet so appealing. And Archie has always been a fabulous actress.

3. Amy says:

Seriously, how did he not win the Emmy?? Every time I see Alan Cumming in real life it reminds me just how different his Eli God is. Their voices aren’t even very similar. Can’t wait for Kalinda and Eli scenes! They are going to be epic.

4. airhead says:

Before I watched this, I had absolutely no idea he was scottish. He sounds so different to Eli! Can’t wait for The Good Wife to come back :)

5. silkrose says:

I can still see AC in that role as a parson in one of the Jane Austen flicks (Emma)

6. Katy says:

No no,no…Kalinda’s role is perfect as is. No steady relationship for her. Bring on the flirting!!!

7. susan botts says:

Which one is Kalinda? Is she Archie?