TVLine Items: Glee Gets Sesame Street Treatment, AMC Orders Walking Dead Talk Show and More

Ever wonder what your favorite Glee kids would look like in Muppet form? Well, Sesame Street has delivered the goods.

The iconic children’s program has created their own musical group, The G Club, which is ripe with Rachel Berry, Kurt Hummel, Sue Sylvester, and other McKinley High lookalikes educating viewers about the letter G. Take a peek at the fun clip below:

Loading video...

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• It’s official: AMC has picked up Talking Dead, a Watch What Happens: Live-esque after show devoted to all things Walking Dead. Web Soup‘s Chris Hardwick will serve as host of the half-hour program, which bows immediately following Walking Dead‘s Season 2 premiere on Oct. 16.

• TV vet Gregory Harrison (Trapper John, M.D., One Tree Hill, Falcon Crest) will appear in the upcoming season of ABC’s Body of Proof as an anatomy professor whose cadavers go missing, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• The CW is developing a reality series called Extreme Musical Chairs (yes, you read that correctly), which will take the classic children’s game and set it outdoors with a much more physical twist.

• Roseanne Barr revealed via Twitter that Lifetime has opted not to renew her reality series, Roseanne’s Nuts.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (18)

• Wouldn’t it make more sense for AMC just to devote the time, resources, and money to Walking Dead instead of creating a talk show to talk about it? Or is that me just being practical again? Silly me.

Comment by Tucker – September 22, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^ Nailed it.

Comment by AJ – September 22, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’ll fill the airtime they’d have to fill anyway. And a talk show probably costs 1/10th of what a scripted show costs.

Not saying it’s a good idea, just saying why I don’t think it’s ridiculous on AMC’s part.

Comment by topoopon – September 22, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was pretty funny this Glee spoof, actually. Loved the G version of “Don’t Stop Believing”.

Comment by Puckleberry – September 22, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even in Muppet world, Rachel and Finn are the leads, Mercedes is wailing the last glory note and the others are swaying in the background.

“Why is the T-Rex singing with the Jew?” LMFAO!

Comment by nina – September 22, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this Muppet Glee world. I wish everything would be like this in the present Glee world too.

Comment by oona – September 22, 2011 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dear CW stop with the whole reality thing… just look at H8R, Shedding for the wedding, to name a few!

Comment by Gerald – September 22, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I diiiiiiiiiied when Sue made the gel joke. Loved seeing Brad in Muppet form as well.

Comment by Taylor – September 22, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sesame Street, not Muppet. I need sleep -_-

Comment by Taylor – September 22, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cute clip.

Also CW’s new show sounds so bad I almost lol’d.

Comment by Tee – September 22, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Walking Dead after show is completely unnecessary.

Comment by Justin – September 22, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me, all the other pubilicity and all that mean nothing, to me you know you’ve arrived in Hollywood when they make a “Sesame Street” Muppet for you/to look like you. Kevin, Corey, Chris, Lea, Amber, Matt, Jane, and Brad (I think that’s his name. He’s my favorite character on “Glee”)… yeah this is your sign (and I would be psyched if I were them. Totally geeking out.).

Comment by Kim – September 22, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also liked Sesame Street’s True Blood. Did anybody kind of think Muppet Kurt was going to shout “Gay” instead of “Gasp and Gorgeous!”

Comment by Alice – September 22, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL… The whole group did sing “Gay” during the song…

Comment by Lily – September 22, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go to sesame street’s site and search True Mud, it’s a spoof of tRUE blood and it’s HYSTERICAL.

I also love their spoof oF The Closer, called The Closer.

Comment by LauraHolt – September 22, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh to the walking dead show. But woohoo for Chris Hardwick for getting another job. He’s very funny.

Comment by vibes – September 22, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post