Exclusive

House Exclusive: Hugh Laurie on House Going 'Off the Deep End' and 'Exploiting' the New Girl

House leading man Hugh Laurie admits that his alter ego went “off the deep end” when he crashed his car into Cuddy’s dining room in last May’s finale. “Nobody died,” he notes in the following exclusive behind-the-scenes clip, “but they only don’t die by the skin of their teeth.”

House Spoiler Alert: Who’s Wentworth Miller Playing?

Season 8, premiering Monday, Oct. 3, picks up one year later and finds House serving time in prison for his crimes. “We thought it would be a great contrast to flash forward a year and see that he’s been in jail for the past eight months,” says executive producer Greg Yaitanes. Adds Laurie: “House survives by his wits, and I think a certain amount of respect has been given him. He’s essentially been able to sell his medical expertise. [But] it’s a old, rough place, and House does get knocked around a bit.”

For more from Laurie, as well as at a peek at never-before-seen footage from the new season (including a glimpse of new doc Odette Annable in action), press play below!

House Scoops and Spoilers are Running 24/7 on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

1. richie says:

Yoh can find the ep all over the internet… and i kinda liked the new doctor… i have a question… after this ep how long this season will be at the jail?
    ps loved house describing the new doctor…

• RealHouseFan says:

“Yoh can find the ep all over the internet”.
      Yeah, because some disgusting Huddy fangirl spread it to wreck ratings. Yuck. No way I’ll watch this thing now.

• Dani says:

Erm how would ‘a fan’ get hold of a screener to upload it? Has to be a reviewer…

• okeydokey says:

Stalker much?

• Dani says:

Genuinely could have been anybody. I’ve seen a a number of people having hissy fits over it being leaked who happen to be the same people that download the eps every week. Rather hypocritical, and still illegal.

• sureal says:

True, downloading the files is as illegal. But it doesn`t matter the moronic soul who leaked the [H] S8 premiere online can prepare him/herself for some trouble. Lol

• Peter says:

Gost it looks like you are an obsessed stalker who follow everything those girls say. Plus you are accusing people without proofs. That´s as immoral as leaking an episode that didn´t air yet.

• James says:

I would never say that Lisa Edelstein wasn’t great as Cuddy and of course she helped to make House a success as much as all the other actors, but to say that Lisa Edelstein was the main factor to make House what it is or that it was mainly her that made fans watch the show is just plain absurd.

It was Mrs Lisa Edelstein’s choice to leave House. If it was because she wasn’t offered enough money or she didn’t get the deal she wanted or because she had a better offer from another network doesn’t matter. I will never feel sorry for her, she probably earned more money while being on the show than in her whole career before the show. She is rich because David Shore hired her, not the other way around. And please don’t say that she won the People’s Choice Award because we all know how to make one win an award for which fans can vote as often as they like. I wish her good luck Hollywood life is tough but I’m sure she knows that.

• legaleagle says:

Just because someone doesn’t like the direction or the premier doesn’t mean they would risk their careers to leak the episode. This fandom is getting out of control with intentionally trying to hurt fans and actors. NBCU/Fox legal team is dealing with the leak through internet tracking. Slander is illegal, too. It would be advisabler to cease and desist.

• @maya says:

Hey maya, how do you dare to talk about ethic when all you did was bashing the show and the people involved in it just because you’re a LE fangirl and a fervent huddy? We know what you and your gang wrote on that vile site know as iwfle so don’t talk about ethic, you’re just an awful hypocrite and it was clear in your so called ‘revied’ on twitter. For someone who claims to be done with the show you spend an awful amount of time talking about it, lmao. I have to say that your bitterness is amusing especially when you say you’re smarter than people who still like it, I guess you have to tell that to yourself because no one will do it otherwise. Thanks for the laught, huddytard!

• Em says:

@maya
          Why did you see the screener and were able to talk anbout it on tweeter? Did your friend I-hate-House-because-LE-is-not-the-star-of-show-Megabby give it to you? Jeez, you guys are such bitter losers, always ready to spread venom, tell me do you like the taste of the bile, lmao?

• @non-huddy fans says:

You guys are creepy…and yeah, creepy will do it. This is a tv show and you’re taking it to a weird personal level…and you’re obviously obsessed with the so called “huddytards” since you seem to be aware of their every move. Fresh air is your friend weirdos.

• Jane2 says:

Well Fwiw my money is on the network releasing it deliberately to try and generate buzz following the underwhelming reaction of critics to the screener. Check out the post on the marketing plan for “New Girl” at deadline Hollywood. This just sounds like a more informal version of that.

Too bad for them that the general reaction has been m’eh.

• Cindy says:

Oh I´m sorry @Jane2 to tell you, but you are wrong!!! I´ve read at least from five different popular sources very encouraging reviews of the [H]-S8premiers & all of them were not amused by Houses actions in the S7 final or the entire S7. I guess it is good buzz whatever you want to tell here.
            Additonally,you can`t compare the promotion of a new promising show and a show what is in its 8th season,which is BTW one of the most watched shows in the world, with an established audience.

• @@non-huddy fans says:

Huddytards are so funny, creepy, bitter losers but funny XD

• maya says:

to my doppelgänger @maya

First, I don’t and didn’t claim I was done with the show for the simple reason that I write for it! (which btw, should answer Em’s question as to why I have access to screeners.)

Second, ETHIC means: “a set of principles of right conduct.” Please explain what it has to do with the notion of bashing.

Oh, and indulge yourself: find ONE post signed by me in IWFLE (or elsewhere) that “bashes” the show.

Ethic. See what it means better now?

My advice: Google “Sans la liberté de blamer, il n’est point d’éloge flatteur” by Beaumarchais. There’s something for you to learn here…

• Sam says:

Please do not say anything along the lines of ‘not watching’ because it makes you look like a hypocrite. You clearly do still have an interest in the show otherwise you wouldn’t be here. Ensure that your criticism makes sense. Don’t spit on the new actors or say that the season’s plot is rubbish. You haven’t seen it yet. You wouldn’t know. If you’re claiming something, for example that this will be the last season, and it is in fact a claim and not an opinion, please back it up with evidence of some sort. Lisa Edelstein left of her own free will, Whether House and Cuddy’s relationship/breakup ‘destroyed’ the show is a matter of personal opinion. Nobody wants to hear anyone else’s thoughts on this subject. There’s been too much of it already.

• You don't know Jack says:

If you don’t know this is the last season (@sam) you are a moron, so please stop trying to speak for everyone else and why don’t you back up all of your rubbish?

A LOT of us are sickened and disappointed about what happened to the show and our favorite character, and have every right to feel that way.

• Elisse says:

LOL hamerdonkeys are pretty mad because Jennifer Morrison´s last movie was an epic fail and tanked in the box office. No one watched it but a few hamerdonkeys and JM´s mom. LOL. Now they need to insult huddys to feel better about themselves XDDDDDDDD.

• Ginny says:

Don`t worry Honey we aren`t mad at all, in opposite we are very proud of our girl.
            It was clear from the beginning that the movie won`t have the same box office results as Contagnion for example. If you had done a proper research you would know why. Admittedly the movie failed to become a blockbuster but it got excellent reviews from the critics and the audience has perceived the movie very well. Your wild guess that the movie is an Epic-fail is flat wrong & a lie.

BTW after reading another comment from you here in the comment section i got the idea that you don`t like Jen very much. I don`t understand why are you use your precious time with following JMo`s career,hm?

• Ginny says:

Sorry my comment above is an answer to @Elisse`s comment. Don`t know what went wrong.

• anon says:

These conversations on the board between “huddy” fans and “nonhuddy” fans reminds me of the Twilight fans on the E!Online boards. They obsess on the every move of Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson and actually have really nasty fights on whether they are dating or not. It looks like the same sick vibe is going on here. I guess it’s an improvement here, since you guys are obsessing about fictional characters and not real people.

• @Maya says:

Please, Maya, you don’t fool anyone here. What you post on twitter speak out loud about you, you know those vicious comments about the show and tptb, the same ones in which you claimed you were done with House just because your huddy dream were over.

• Ariella says:

Actually, the screener was already on the usual site I check for uploaded shows before anyone even mentioned it elsewhere. People might revel in the misfortune of those working at House but that doesn’t mean they had anything to do with it.

• weirdos says:

Used this way, it would be more appropriate to add an s to the word: Ethics

• sean says:

it’s a working copy, not a screener, hence someone from inside must have released it (probably GY himself ;)

• Greg Yaitanes says:

Here is the link, for all who’ve missed it. http://www.multiupload.com/CQ19CB4069

And by the way, my name is Greg Yaitanes. Coincidence? I think not.

• I’m glad our Tragedian Hero is coming back and giving us a micro-cosmic look at the climate in chains, and socially counter produce our having to tolerate for entertainment, cops cereal, seriels and mutilated body’s on slabs in labs with cartoon character mad scientist flippant assistants. not some pristine Barbie Doll.

…as a Being of the highly self-evolved “Everyman” saint that Hugh Laurie’s character is.. Now that the worthless heroine “Cuddy” was forced to make a character choice and exit stage left, he is enabled to move beyond her to explore further depths of hell and uncover more futility, expose hypocracy.
      Let common ness prevail in all the other gulls pecking the earth below him at the emmy’s. Such as the distracting but unedifying parochial mouse who is also not fitting the role to make this new environment believable. Wonder what designer she’s going to wear next september???????
      A little depth lacking wouldn’t you say? Question is, what is he ever going to encounter to shift some of his cynnical views next? Be it fad magazine image of beauty what attracts him to love?

Give me a king Lear’s dying daughter with more close ups and less empty text between the lines, as a surviving hallowed woman with sadness of some years in her eyes Nun Story Soul to fill the emptiness of his~ and giving them somthing to argue about on other scales to camoflage.
      Please? don’t ruin my favorite show, its the only “think piece” I like on TV!

• Sam says:

The premiere was alright EXCEPT for the weak new girl. What a terrible actress; really, they couldn’t find anyone better? She has one facial expression: Furrowed-brow confused face, furrowed-brow contemplative face, furrowed-brow consternation face. We get it chick, the world’s a curious place! Hopefully the Asian one will be better.

• Andi says:

THANK YOU MICHAEL AUSIELLO FOR NAMING US (house fans) “THE CRAZIEST FAN OF TV SHOWS”, SO MUCH OPINION, HATE AND DRAMA! HOUSE RULES!

• Andi says:

Thank you Mike for naming us “THE CRAZIEST FAN OF TV SHOW”. So much opinion, hate, and drama. House rules!

2. Sally says:

Totally looking forward to the new season! Cuddy-free will be awesome :D

• Dani says:

Still Cuddy obsessed I see m’love…

• Sara says:

We had to endure a Cuddy overdose, of course people who can’t stand that character are more that happy with her departure!

• Dani says:

And then you mention her in every post possible… Good writing makes for a good season. If the best you have to look forward to is the absence of a certain character then that speaks volumes…

• Sara says:

Lol, I’m not you, Dani, I don’t keep posting in every single article about House and when I do I rarely mention Cuddy because I could care less of her! It’s funny, when I read something about the show you’re ones of the first bashing it, so much for someone who doesn’t care anymore.

• Dani says:

I actually express my opinion on a number of shows and give praise or express concern there too. Not once have I said I wouldn’t be watching. FYI it’s not bashing because I explain my POV. I’m also aware that you’re not me, but thanks for the clarification.

Why not knock yourself out and let everybody know what part of season 8 you’re looking forward to aside from Cuddy not being there?

• gatik says:

@Dani: Oh, it’s bashing. No matter how you want to sugarcoat it.

• Carol Heinick says:

Is she really leaving?

• Hughfan70 says:

Odette ANNABLE is not a diva unlike Lisa EDELSTEIN and I appreciate the natural aspect of this new actress. Obviously, I am fond of Hugh LAURIE ! It seems that Odette has a good career resumé for her young age !

• Em says:

Also Odette doesn’t dress like a whore, that was Cuddy’s prerogative, lmao

• Paul says:

Lol! Lisa Edelstein haters are so pathetic and lame. I could laugh all day at their ludicrous comments, their flagrant meanness and their gross stupidity. Poor show if this is the only kind of viewers that are left to watch and -worse!- to comment. Though actually, this might be the audience they are now aiming to, in which case, well, they just deserve each other ;).

• Lana says:

Lol, the LE fangirls are a bunch of bitter losers. I bet tptb were proud of them whem they squeeeee about huddy sex and kisses ;)

3. Mims says:

Why is Hugh Laurie channeling Russell Brand?

4. Kate says:

Ugh, it’s like flogging a dead horse. House has just got worse and worse over the last two years. Lisa made a wise move. Poor Hugh.

• Miss Di says:

Kate…I agree. It’s become too extreme I think. I “almost” not want to watch the new season. Sad. I loved it when it began. Even my grandchild who has Cerebral Pulsey loved the show…and still gets a kick out of it I must say.

5. Brenda C says:

I refuse to watch a leaked episode online. It’s wrong on so many levels.

I’m waiting the extra 10 days and watching it legally on my big screen TV in hi def.

Can’t wait!

• Janine says:

I agree. I was almost tempted to watch and then I realized, that while I may not get in trouble I will be sinking to the level of the person who uploaded it for vengence or whatever reason and I don’t want to do that. I’ve waited this long, I can wait another week and a half. Besides, why watch it on a small computer screen with low quality when I can watch it on a 60 inch high def?

• Cindy says:

That’s what PS3’s and memory sticks are for. ;)

• Linda says:

You people can say what you want. Its still my favorite show, has always been. I won’t miss the Cuddy character because I never could see what he could see in her. She was my least favorite. Yes, I even look past the improbable plot lines. Any real doctor that performed that many tests on a hunch would have been wiped out by malpractice a long time ago. And the poor patients who are poked, prodded, etc. over and over again! But I still like the show and it entertains me. Period.

6. JT says:

Boring season premiere like “Now What”. The new dr is not interesting, but I give her a chance with the next eps.

7. Francis says:

Bring Masters back!!!

8. Suzi says:

WE ALL LOVE HUGH HE SHOWS THE WORLD WHAT THEY DESERVE TO SEE & is the most intriguing actor out there ! Go on House ! We love u in Austin !!!!

9. Jenny Green says:

LOVE HOUSE!!! I look forward to this season:)
    My husband’s Doctor watches House and has seen only
    one mistake…an xray upside down. LOL Can hardly wait
    until the season starts. Thanks for the clips, makes me
    want to see it sooner!!! Good luck, Gregory House..love
    the educational medical facts put into this.

• Yeah, right says:

Your husband’s doctor is an idiot. House is FULL of medical mistakes. That’s part of the fun.

• Katie says:

Okay, seriously? You couldn’t just say her husband’s doctor is wrong, or, better yet, just not say anything at all? Jeeze. I realize it’s the internet, but frankly, I doubt you’d act that way if you were actually face-to-face with this person. Remember when people weren’t complete asses to each other?

• Yeah, right says:

Actually, I do act that way when I’m face-to-face with people. At my age, I can’t afford to suffer fools gladly. Her doctor IS an idiot if he truly believes that the medicine in “House” is “accurate.” Good Lord, Katie, medical journals have written countless articles about how bad is not only the practice of medicine on the show, but how badly it is addressed. To that end, I can only come to one of three conclusions: Jenny Green misunderstood the doctor, the doctor misunderstood Jenny Green, or Jenny Green’s husband’s doctor is an idiot. I was giving Jenny Green the benefit of the doubt and you need to learn to pick your battles, kiddo.

10. julie fisher says:

Love house because hes real fighting what many people do…addiction and not because we tried but maybe from several surgeries health issues that lead us into a life long dependance on things like pain killers. N i like his kocky attitude.

11. HL says:

Can’t wait for season 8…Season 7 was the worst -Huddy story sucked thx God it’s end…. House is genius and Hugh Laurie is amazing … jail cases and situations will be great ..so excited

• JT says:

S5 to 7 were the worst of this show I agree, writers need to give us better storylines than stupid romances. But the premiere is not so great as I expected.

• Sara says:

Please, I’ll see it on Oct 3, don’t spoil it! You didn’t like it and I respect it but that’s only your opinion.

• JT says:

Ok! but I want my old House back! lol

• Sara says:

Thank you and I want my old House back too! The first seasons were amazing so no more stupid romances, people who like them can go watch soap operas :)

• @JT says:

• JT says:

“imo House felt a lot more like the old House in this premiere than he did for all of season 7″

Comment by @JT – September 22, 2011 11:31 AM PDT

I mean the pace of the ep (House is House, he’ll never changed), and I want House with good medical cases and interesting second characters, Masters was horrible, and this one when I heard her saying “cool” like House always did, please no, it’s so easy writing!
            I hope we’ll see him soon in plainsboro, because it’s boring seeing him in jail.

• Se8 says:

Actually it was great! keep your hopes high!

12. melody says:

i love house cant wait till it starts agian,i watch all reruns to lol just cant get enough, there alot more out there then we no thats for sure.. this i have learned first hand.. well good luck house on your new an coming season just cant wait, im on the egde of my seat to see what happens next hugs an take care mel

13. Suzanne McAllister says:

Thank God the parasite identified as “Cuddy” is gone. House rocks. Do whatever you want, House. I live thru you! I gotta get my Vicodin refilled.

14. Dan says:

hot… I am totally House-addicted, so I’m going to have a hard time not watching the screener… But I’ll fight it, these guys deserve the waiting!

15. Peter says:

I saw the episode and i enjoyed it but it´s deff not brilliant as the show used to be. And the new girl doctor is plain boring.

• JT says:

I agree, I’m worried for the last season, I want it to be explosive and not dull like the last 3 seasons.

• Karomana says:

I disagree! It was brilliant, more introspective,with many twists and less “showy”.

• JT says:

maybe that’s the problem, fans don’t want introspective study with House (it’s boring, House is House), just good medical cases and witty dialogs.

• karomana says:

“good medical cases and witty dialogs”. Absolutely necessary.
          But without the character study, that is, revealing House’s character through his reactions to circumstances and ethical dilemmas (so well interpreted by HL) you are left with “just” a shallow show. Season 7 first half maybe?
          And actually the first seasons that led to the success of the show were a lot more introspective than the latest “I need Cuddy in my life to be happy” seasons.

16. Jen says:

I spend the summer watching and rewatching all of Jeeves and Wooster, which just reaffirms my belief that Hugh Laurie’s talent knows no bound. Can’t wait for the new (huddy-less) season!!! But if the show does get cancelled after this season, maybe Hugh can write another book for us?! Either way it’s win-win for fans! :D

17. geezer says:

So weird that these moronic Cuddy haters are STILL ranting. Please get a life and let the rest of us watch the show in peace. I don’t expect this season to be as strong as in the past, but I am interested in seeing how it goes.

• JT says:

very true! I don’t bash huddy and cuddy, it’s the way writers wrote this storyline that I never liked it but I don’t feel the need to insult lisa edelstein or cuddy’s character who I loved in the first seasons.

18. Darlene says:

I love Hugh Laurie’s blue eyes, but the fact that Greg (Kaboom) Yaitanes is directing the premiere episode makes me fear for the worst: no subtlety, no depth, no layers, no exploration of the emotional underpinning of the story. Yaitanes pushes the boys’ club stuff such as explosions, prostitutes, bullriding, Green Card brides, explosions, balcony-jumping, Monster Trucks, Taub’s twins, and oh yeah, don’t forget the explosions. Can’t wait.

• D says:

Yaitanes has been directing various episodes of the show since the first season. Plus he directed the best episodes ever, House’s Head/Wilson’s Heart, so I’m not exactly sure where all this is coming from.

• Greg Yaitanes says:

That’s because I’m a douchebag! Last season, I declared a Twitter war with the childish Huddy idiotic fans, which was the most awesome thing to do! I’m such a brilliant director who only won 1 Emmy, but lookout this season, I’m going to win again!

• Cindy says:

And Shhh!! @Darlene Greg Yaitanes is not a writer of house he is just the director. He has no influences on the content of the script.You`re accusing here wrong guy.

• Ben says:

Don’t worry, I’ve seen the ep and Taub’s twins aren’t in it. Lotsa butch guys in prison outfits and…Odette Anabelle? Huh?

19. I.t says:

I’m excited about dis can’t wait 4 it 2 begin.tumbs up house u’r really doing a great job.

20. maria says:

Leaking the episode was an extremely low move…. Hopefully it won’t affect ratings, though I’m not sure if the people at House really care about ratings anymore.

Although I liked Huddy, I’m a fan of House MD the show and will continue to watch all the way through. Some fan girls are very sore losers. Get over the break up and stop hurting the show and the other fans….

And.. if it got leaked by a reviewer…. that person should be fired, what a huge lack of professionalism.

With that said… I wish Hugh, the producers at House and all the cast members a good season. They deserve it. (Especially Hugh, though. He’s so good at it)

21. tahina says:

It be before long they pair House with some new girl-not this Dr Adams- and there be a new wave of shippers fighting all over the internet. It never fails.
    That is if Lisa doesn’t come back. ;)

22. James says:

xxxxx

• D says:

Exemplary post. It’s certainly odd at best and upsetting at worst when people introduce the notion she left because she was “unhappy” with the material she was given. She claimed to love the S7 finale a good month and a half, maybe two months before she was told her pay was being docked, and then she got the heck out of dodge.

23. asad says:

bring cameron back!

24. Karin says:

I’m a real House fan so will not be watching the leaked copy of this ep. However, I am SO EXCITED for the premiere!! I’m looking forward to seeing House going back to its roots with the departure of Cuddy. Don’t get me wrong, I liked her character but I think it’ll shake things up in a good way that she left, and to be honest, I don’t know how they would have continued a believable story with her staying.

I watch for Hugh Laurie – he is the best actor on TV – give the man a freakin Emmy!!

• JT says:

“I don’t know how they would have continued a believable story with her staying”

so true! I think lisa’s departure was a sure thing long before the finale aired, how could cuddy still have been in this show after this finale? it’s impossible, end of the road, very sad to see her character having an exit like that but I think it was necessary, writers didn’t seem to know what to write with cuddy and huddy.

• Laura says:

Well the same happened with Cameron, Wilson, Taub, Chase… Seems like TPTB don´t know what to write about a lot of things, including the patients and the medical cases.

25. michelle schmidtendorff says:

i can’t wait for house to start!i just love him!if i were sick from some unknown reason i would want house to be my doctor

26. I'llcallmyselfDick says:

What I find amusing are all these posts supposedly by men. Don’t worry folks, people can’t see your nail polish.

27. My ears are bleeding! says:

Is it possible for TPTB to hire ADULTS for a change, and for something other than the POTW? This Odette Annable looks 17 and sounds like a 10-year-old. Sorry, but I don’t think I’m going to find her very credible.

• JT says:

“Is it possible for TPTB to hire ADULTS for a change”

about odette annable she looks very young, I’d like to watch House with someone older maybe even older than him, just imagine the team with someone older, lol, what a great idea!

28. nameyour says:

[H]ouse without Cuddy still suck

29. Nilsa says:

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I LOVE HOUSE….I CANT STOP SEEING ALL THE EPISODES……OOO AND I ALSO THINK THAT HOUSE IS ((((HOT))))

30. a says:

why dont you all stop arguing? its a tv show for christ sake!

31. Erin says:

I will be truly ecstatic to see House on TV again. Hugh Laurie is one the best actors working in one of the most iconic roles on tv ever.

32. J. Norman says:

David Shore’s quote. . .OOPS. .. make that Lauries’ quote “. “Nobody died,” he notes in the following exclusive behind-the-scenes clip, “but they only don’t die by the skin of their teeth.”

The quote should have been finished off “But they could easily have been killed and it was pure luck that they weren’t.Also,I might add that the original plan (before the criticism) was to have House go merrily back to the hospital as if nothing unusual had happened.

With that said, and I’ve been one of the focal critics of Shores season finale for House, It’s time to move on to the next season and see how well Shore and company can pick up the pieces.
    I know that I’ll tune in and if the story line is feasible – from this point on – I’ll undoubtedly continue to watch.

33. jhon says:

Jennifer Morrison la mas bella

34. Nora says:

Post for #Cuddy haters:

Cuddy was a great balance to House and this production has never given her (Lisa E. and even Cuddy) enough air time! Sorry to see these ‘Cuddy-hater’ comments. She was such an important, major character on the show: a pretty, smart, strong, intelligent woman. No one can replace or make that character interestin­g. Loss of Cuddy is really a very big loss for the show. Like by “X-files”: as soon as Mulder was gone it was never quite the same. And Cuddy was an important part of this series, she was the “whip cream to the pie” on the show. So her leaving is the beginning of the end. People will miss her character alot and the dynamic between her and House.
    So House is done. However it was already done with the idiotic writing what’s been going on for the last season, but with Lisa’ s departure there goes the show, ’cause they lose millions of fans worldwide.
    Otherwise I hated what the writers did with her character. There were so many ways they could have taken the ship, but they ruined it by making Cuddy irritating. It was a disappointment.
    I don’t know where the story should go from there. And don’ t care..

• un-holy says:

“whip cream to the pie”? Gosh, you Cuddy crazies come up with the most ridiculous ways to show your insane worship. At least Scully offered to the investigations. What did Cuddy do? She wasn’t even on the team

• Karomana says:

“whip cream to the pie”. The best pies taste better without “whip cream”.
      What’s more she was never a “major character” in the first seasons that established the show as the most watched worldwide.
      And if a few million out of the 80.000.000 that watch House drop off, so be it, at least the [H]ouse fandom would be rid of rabid fanatics who wish it was a soap.

• Sahar says:

I completely agree with you! I really liked Cuddy. She was a very strong female character. And what the writers did in the last half of Season 7 made me start to dislike her (partly because her reasons for breaking up with House weren’t valid enough and partly cos…well…she hurt House!).
      Overall I’m sad Lisa is leaving. They’re not even doing anything to redeem her character.
      But who knows, maybe she could come back for a mini-arc?

35. kris says:

lisa edelstein is gone? i am wondering how they will pull this off.That is ridiculous,she was a really main character. I thought it was bad when jenn morisson left..Last year was very slow as far as moving along their love life storylines, i see this show spiraling downhill :( who is next to leave?house himself?

36. I just love my loyal sock puppets here: keep defending me no matter what I do. Any story bumps are not my fault, I’m only the onipotent, wordl-renowned star and producer! I am a god, bow before me. All other characters are but specks on my bum. I shagged Cuddy, I’ll shag Adams, I’ll shag Chase, … Shaggilicious, that tv show I’m on! And the money keeps rolling in at the tune of $15 million per season. It’s good to be the king :-) Carry on, my fawning fans and malleable minions!

• Elisa says:

Your army of loyal sock puppets salute you, oh Great One! While the fans whip themselves into a pointless frenzy, you remain above the fray, as serene and smooth as the huge checks you receive for your television work and album sales.

• Lol says:

You’re such an idiot, bitter LE fangirl, lmao!

• Elisa says:

Pardonnez moi, Mr or Ms L, if House is to “do the nasty” with anyone, I would prefer it would be with Chase. Or Foreman. Hmm…the color contrast would be interesting. Imagine what the art director could do with THAT, Mr. Laurie!

• Yet_Another_Hamemoronic_Crap says:

And you must be an awesomely articulate HL fanman, who faints at the glimpse of House’s crotch, right?

Idiotic morons like you make this fandom unbearable, not Lisa E. Go send another pair of panties to JMo or work your hate off some other way and stop injecting the rest of fandom with your stupidity. You are too dumb to watch House anyway, with JMo or without her. More bitterness and blind inarticulate hate towards Lisa E wins her more fans, because no one in his right mind wants to be associated with bigoted illiterate douches like yourself.

• Lol says:

Bitter much? All this rage is not healty you know, lmao. You LE fangirls are morons just like the rabid hams, actually you shipper obsessed people are crazy.

• Hamemorons_On_the_Loose says:

• Lol says:

Aww, you’re too dumb to realize you posted the same thing with two different nick. Idiot but you’re a LE fan, no surprise here

37. Shey says:

Lisa Edelstein was the best part of the show, was the reason why I still watched it, now she’s gone and I’m going with her #RIPHOUSEMD

• Se8 says:

How limited of you!

• ana says:

i loved you comment, I agree your opinion

• Sam says:

Guidelines on making negative comments about this show:

1. Please do not say anything along the lines of ‘not watching’ because it makes you look like a hypocrite. You clearly do still have an interest in the show otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

2. Ensure that your criticism makes sense. Don’t spit on the new actors or say that the season’s plot is rubbish. You haven’t seen it yet. You wouldn’t know.

3. If you’re claiming something, for example that this will be the last season, and it is in fact a claim and not an opinion, please back it up with evidence of some sort.

4. Lisa Edelstein left of her own free will. There has been no proof that she felt compelled to do so. This is not true for Jennifer Morrison, who was, in fact, written out of the show. It is extremely unlikely that either of them will return.

5. Whether House and Cuddy’s relationship/breakup ‘destroyed’ the show is a matter of personal opinion. Nobody wants to hear anyone else’s thoughts on this subject. There’s been too much of it already.

6. Please use correct spelling and grammar. Trust me. We’ll respect you more.

38. Helen (lenasti16) says:

Again, the Cuddy hatred and then, in turn focusing on the actor behind the character. I do love Ms. Lisa Edelstein and her character, Cuddy. But, I don’t blame the actress for the stuff that is happening on the show. THose actors just “ACT” the material/script that was given to them. Just like what Hugh Laurie does with his character as House. I don’t agree with the craziness HOuse, the character did and does but that doesn’t mean that I don’t like the actor playing the role. So, it’s good that the show is trying to make new things but even without Cuddy/LE leaving the show, for me the show slowly loses it’s impact since after Season 4. Goodluck to all especially to Ms. Lisa whom I admire much. Life has to move forward and I look forward to seeing her on TGW and her future projects. Both Cuddy and LE are great. (That’s my view. I didn’t mock or insult anyone’s view so, LET ME BE, TOO. Carpi diem, peeps).

39. sarah says:

Can´t wait for the new season to start.It has been a long summer and I miss my favorite show with my all time favorite character and actor.

40. Emma says:

I like Lisa Edelstein, Cuddy and have been a Huddy shipper, much though I find portmanteau terms like that a bit cringeworthy. I will, however, continue to watch the show, although I do have the opinion that it has declined a little since mid-S6 (apart from the S6 finale and several episodes towards the end of S7, all of which I felt were awesome). I don’t think the show has long left, but how long do shows have anyway? I give it 3 years and hope that Lisa Edelstein has not made her last appearance ever on the show, although I will not be insulted should the Huddy concept never be revisited. If it lasts more than another 3 years, and doesn’t become dull, I’ll continue watching it then as well. Here’s hoping that the writers are consistently intelligent, creative and interesting from here on out. Also, I’ll watch it for Taub and Chase, and I like 13 but could stand to see her killed off now, as long as it’s done tastefully and with respect to her character – if she doesn’t return as a main character I hope at least she has a strong supporting role still to play.

41. ultimate troll says:

To repeat what one sage poster said already:

FRESH AIR IS YOUR FRIEND WEIRDOS.

42. Marty says:

Being on top of the world in New Zealand (Yes check with House the globe and the planets have been labled wrongly the show is not on showing yet.

43. KT says:

I’ve been a House fan for 7 years, taking the good with the bad. I always appreciated the in-depth writing and vision David Shore had to offer. I began to lose that faith during the second half of last season. I liked the House/Cuddy connection but felt the writers failed in using it as a springboard to reveal more about House and even Cuddy. To me it was an opportinity wasted. The creativity in POTW cases began strong, imo, at the beginning of the season. Then they fell off. I did think the POTW in the finale was great, but overshadowed by the insanity and controversy of House driving his car into Cuddy’s House. In that moment, they took the reflective, broken House and made him undesirable. The loss of Lisa Edelstein is a big loss, since she was a central character & was the reason why House had a job. That was what was established in season one. Cuddy could tango with House in regards to great banter & sarcasm. That will be missed. But the writing destroyed Cuddy. Therefore, it was smart of Lisa to leave. How else could the mess of the finale haven been fixed if she stayed. It’s not her fault. Will I watch House this season? Yes, because I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t. I don’t stop rooting for a team, because they changed players and they make mistake. Will I enjoy it with the excitement I once did? Probably not. I’m not as excited about the premiere as I had been in past seasons. Prison will be interesting, as House will be out of his element. But what happens after he gets out of there will be the real test. One thing I wish would end is the insults and bashing of the actors and fans in general. It’s senseless and solves nothing. No one knows what really happened. No one ever will. That’s a fact. Can we just stick to those rather than assumptions? Hugh Laurie, you are an intelligent, talented man. Good luck!

• Brit says:

*loud applause*

• oh please says:

There is no “establishment” over the importance of Cuddy in season 1. The only thing that was established over the first seasons of House is that the show can’t go on without only one character. You want to guess who? It’s in the title.
      A woman who was there as the target for House to make comments on body parts is barely important.

And seems like he will return to the PPTH without Cuddy, so it is clear that her presense on the hospital is not needed at all.

• KT says:

I guess I need to refresh your memory then. In season 2, Cuddy was established as the one who hired House because four others fired him. Also, it was stated several times in the show’s run that Cuddy was the only one who could tolerate him and to some extent provide him with boundaries. Never did I say that Cuddy was the be all end all of importance to the show. House still is the main character. I’m not an idiot. Cuddy, was important to House’s history and story. She was there for his infarction and the point was brought up in “After Hours” that House trusted her with decisions regarding his leg. This only reason Cuddy will not be in season 7 is because Lisa quit. In a TVGuide article with Hugh and even an interview Barbara Barnett did with Katie Jacobs, Cuddy was supposed to be an important part of the story in season 8. Yes, Cuddy’s gone, but I will reserve my judgement on her importance until the season actually starts. Since, House clearly going on to PPTH because Lisa decided to leave.

• oh please says:

On the other hand, there have also been repeated statements by Shore, Hugh and many others from the cast, that LE’s exit brought a new energy to the show and fresh ideas.
          Just because Cuddy hired House doesn’t mean nobody else can, especially since it’s already clear that the new Dean will be someone we already know (ergo, someone House already knows). Do we need House’s mother to have a main role on the show since she’s the one who gave birth to him?

So yes, Cuddy hired House first and yes, the showrunners wanted LE to return, but that doesn’t mean the show would lack in quality just because of her absence. If anything, the producers keep saying more and more that they saw this as an opportunity.

• J.Norman says:

@ Oh Please

Oh please, get a brain. Your comment above “the showrunners wanted LE to return, but that doesn’t mean the show would lack in quality just because of her absence. If anything, the producers keep saying more and more that they saw this as an opportunity.

What the hell do you expect them to say? Do you expect them to say, LE thought our original storyline was crap and so she left (under the guilse of a salary dispute).
            They had no choice but to change the storyline. Actually, I fully believe they changed it to have House in jail also. I think their original idea was to have Cuddy refuse to press charges and have him come back as if nothing unusual had happened at all.
            Quit buying into the David Shores spin!!

OK?

• oh please says:

Of course, I should base my opinions on your “inside” information rather than the producers’ actual statements.

And Shore also said that every season as well as the last one, they end it without having plans for the next one. He said that was actually a reason LE’s departure didn’t affect them in the way that they had already written the first scripts and storylines and they had to go back and rewrite everything from the start. As well as every season the TPTB gathered and came up with ideas for season 8 after season 7 had ended (and we know LE left before that). So the producers told LE they needed her but they never told her what would her story be since they hadn’t thought of it either.

In conclusion sure, I’ll forget everything David Shore says and trust a person completely unrelated to the show’s production like yourself.

• Brit says:

TPTB use phrases like “fresh opportunities” because they can’t very well say “damage control.” You place your faith in DS, AKA Mr. Everybody Lies? WOW.

• IMO says:

I disagree that “the writing destroyed Cuddy”. I think she was much more well rounded and believable in season seven than any other season. Flawed, but very sympathetic at the same time.

It’s sad that Cuddy is gone, and I’m sure the show will be different without her. Can’t say better or worse – won’t know that until I see it. My heart goes out to the fans who are unhappy with the way things turned out.

I’m very excited about the premiere and the season to come.

44. ana says:

Sou fã do Brazil e assisto House,não pelo protagonista eu amo muito a drª Cuddy seu personagem é o melhor para mim do show e adoro a Lisa E.sempre muito simpática,divertida ela passa segurança para aquele hospital embora ache o sr Laurie um grande ator,mas odiei a saída dela e não irei mais assistir e tudo o que quero é Lisa E.no elenco fixo de T.G.W que é um seriado inteligente,coerente e maduro não tem essas estripulias do House BYE HOUSE MOVEON!!!! LOVE LISA E.,LOVE JULIANNA MARGULIES E LOVE THE GOOD WIFE!!!!

45. Robert says:

Great show – smart, witty and irreverent. In the last 3 months, I have literally watched all seven seasons (downloaded to my ipad). I’m looking forward to season 8 – don’t really care what direction the plot goes. The writers will still maintain the same ingredients that keep me coming back for more! Nice work cast and writers!

• Se8 says:

Same with me.
      I found out about this show lately and in a few months watched and re-watched it. I do not remember being so absorbed by a TV show before House!
      I am very excited about the new season, but then I love changes and surprises. And [H]ouse offers a lot of them. It is always fulfilling and never boring.

46. linda says:

I hope someon has managed to watch the video, I adore Hugh Laurie. He is so eloquent, witty and funny.
    tumblr reacted: http://t.co/76k5gogJ
    Thank you Mike for sharing!! I`m looking forward season 8 of House :)))

47. Nora says:

Please don’ t write in such a style about us, #Cuddy fans!
    We are NOT idiot, stupid, immature girls.
    (We are perhaps just a bit biased.)
    I talk about all of us but I bring an example: I’m not a teenager, I get soon my second diploma (law degree) and I have a good job by an international law office, I have my family, my friends. And I am only one of the “Cuddy-/ LisaE. Fan Group”. So a bit more respect, please!
    This is not about us but it’ s about Cuddy and Lisa Edelstein, who is a great actress. She has not only talent but also a good heart, she has above-average intelligence and sure sources know that she is a very kind, loving person.
    Therefore she does not deserve that you write about her in this style! No one deserves, especially not such an extraordinary woman!
    We loved the character of Cuddy and Lisa personified her.
    We have the right to express our opinion, besides it’ s fully understandable and acceptable that we are disappointed.
    So please continue with the comments in a bit more intelligent style! Please!
    Thanks a lot!

• ANACLAUDIA says:

I agree your comment Nora I from Brazil fan Lisa Cuddy/Lisa E. I don’t watch House anymore!!!!

• Mel says:

When you talk with ridiculously pompous phrases like “whip cream to the pie” then you are an idiot. Doesn’t change the fact just because you have family. And what’s more, 15yr old fangirls act like their age. What’s the excuse for a middle aged woman to act like a 15yr old fangirl?

• Nora says:

I don’ t know what are you talking about.
        I wrote I am not a teenager. But I am not a middle aged woman.
        I think with the image (“whip cream to the pie”) there is nothing wrong. I like it. I think it’ s fit to Cuddy’ s character.
        This is my opinion. You don’ t like it and it’s your opinion. We all have the right to express our opinion, so it’ s okay. Incidentally, I don’ t need any excuse. I take my opinion AND my profile. And you?
        But if you continue in this style, I will no longer react to your comment.

• Mel says:

I was simply referring to your “proofs” that followers of the Cuddy religion like yourself are not immature. Your only “proof” is that you have family and you work. Like none of us have heard of the “Twilight” moms before. Having a family doesn’t change the fact that you act like a teenage fangirl when you’re an adult. And just because you’re not middle aged doesn’t make you less immature. You still act way too immaturely for your age.

And “whip cream to the pie” is just pompous. Find some real and tangible reasons to show Cuddy’s importance not some poetic sh*t you came up with.

• Nora says:

Hi Mel,
            I don’ t know what is “Twilight moms”. I wrote you about me, because the comments here were very rude, disrespectful and undeserving.
            You think that fans of Lisa Edelstein are all “crazy fangirls”. I know, you will answer that ‘fangirls like me’.. Sure, that she has also crazy fangirls, but not all of them are crazy. I know more fans of LisaE. and they are very nice, lovely, smart and intelligent people, who like LisaE. and who can enthusiasm for her and her characters. Therefore I asked you for more respect. Not just because of my family.. It was just an example.
            Good for us. We can still enthusiasm for something. Anyone who is even at the age of 30 can fan of a lovely and amazing person, and enthusiastic for something is not immature. Enthusiasm is a good thing. Means that your soul is not disillusioned. You don’ t need to hang the flag on me that idiot. You don’ t know me. My enthusiasm doesn’ t hurt anybody. But your rude comments do that.
            About Cuddy’ s importance I wrote already in my first comment from September 22. She was THE ONE REAL WOMAN OF THE SHOW. A strong and smart and pretty woman, the balance to House.
            And the writers could really show through her a very important aspect the personality of House.

• Mel says:

WOW! I don’t even know what to say about humanity anymore if that’s what’s become of it.
            You show your enthusiasm over a person you’ve never met or the FICTIONAL characters this person depicts. Can’t you show your enthusiasm to things more directly relatable to you like, I don’t know, your family, your work or your friends? It certainly doesn’t hurt anybody but such emotional attachment to a person you don’t know or a fictional character is definitely unhealthy. And your initial statement is that that’s mature. HOW ON EARTH is acting like you are a teenager when you are an adult mature? This is not “how you feel” if you feel young like your blood is flowing or whatever. This is how you act. I didn’t say that makes you look like an idiot (read carefully I have only mentioned that your pompous phrases make you look like an idiot, not acting like a teenager)

Every woman on the show is strong and smart and pretty. And House’s only balance is Wilson, that’s why he is House’s constant consultant. And what aspect of House’s personality was shown by Cuddy? Giving names to boobs?

• Nora says:

You are a bit sardonic.
            Sure I enthusiastic about my family and my work and studing as well. In addition, about the trip, music, nature, animals.
            And I enthusiastic about VERY FEW fictional characters, and even less enthusiastic series.
            Cuddy’s character is one of the few, which could arouse my interest.

You’re right, Wilson is House’ s balance, too. But also Cuddy is it. Wilson is his friend, Cuddy was the woman in his world.
            And yes, most women on the show is pretty and smart, but Cuddy was the true leader among them. And not just because she was the director/ boss.
            He would have left her the medical profession as well (7×14), which is a huge step (just an example). He showed that he could love another human being and would be able to change for it.

• Mel says:

And the fact that you show your enthusiasm for many fictional characters and shows and not just one, still makes you act in a very immature and unhealthy way. I didn’t say it was unhealthy just because it was Cuddy. Your obsessive behavior towards fictional characters is what makes it unhealthy. I love music and I love art.
            But I will never get obsessive about a character on a story. I will just like them or dislike them.
            When I asked for reasons, I though I would have facts, not opinions. My bad.
            Cuddy wasn’t “his woman”. He had Stacy before Cuddy (and personal opinion, but he looked a LOT happier when he was with her) and he also got together with Lydia. House had many women but only one friend in his life, Wilson. So, Wilson was always his ONLY balance.
            “Through Cuddy’ s character showed House that he can even think about anything else beside himself.” This is so much far away from reality it’s laughable. House has cared about almost everyone who surrounds him. He has helped and confronted all the members of his team many times with matters that troubled them without even them asking him too. And don’t even ask how many times he’s been there for Wilson without Wilson expecting him to. House cares about the people he’s close to. He just doesn’t show it in a usual way (and neither did he with Cuddy).
            Aside from my belief that Cuddy was not really a good boss, how exactly was she “the true leader” of the rest of the women? Because she was older? Cameron confronted her when she was wrong many times on the show without any hesitation(and I didn’t even like Cameron)

And you Huddy’s might want to ignore it, but he loved Stacy deeply. And if we want to talk generally about people House loves (not just romantically) his biggest love has always been Wilson (something even Hugh Laurie mentions in one of his recent interviews)
            It just kills me how Cuddy fangirls see everything on the show in such a distorted way.

48. D says:

@J.Norman

It made zero sense for her to leave a show on its last legs because of “storylines.” No actor would give up the last few paychecks because of that. She left because of money, no matter how much it soothes the collective hivemind to think otherwise.

As for the whole “reinvigorating” stuff, what else do you expect them to say? We’re doomed and running around like decapitated chickens? If I had to make a best guess, I’d say Shore’s pretty frustrated over the whole thing, but of course isn’t stupid enough kill the show with a wild tongue.

49. Suzanne says:

Hey, where did everyone go? I was really enjoying reading all this bitchin.

50. Yo says:

I love Lisa Edelstein and wish her all the best.
    I will miss Cuddy (her character in House) and like me there are a lot of people.