All My Children Finale Photos: Pine Valley Vets Past and Present Unite to Say Goodbye

All My Children‘s final broadcast on ABC is coming up fast, and with countless questions looming about how things will (temporarily) come to a close in Pine Valley, we’ve put together a photo gallery that chronicles the sad big day.

The images depict a joyous coming together of some of AMC’s most influential denizens — Erica Kane and Adam Chandler included! — but the tone drastically shifts as the end of the slideshow nears. Could it be a hint of what’s to come from the much talked about cliffhanger finale?

First All My Children Stars Sign Up for Online Venture

David Hayward is present and appears to be in one piece, so maybe there’s a big bad worse than the God-playing doc? Browse the photos below and don’t miss ABC’s All My Children sendoff on Friday.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Daytime TV, Finales, Photo Gallery

1. Sivat says:

Yup, definitely gonna be a shoot-em-up ending.

• barb says:

I thought I was watching Gone With The Wind. Is that the best they could come up with? What a terrible thing to do to such wonderful actors.May they rest in peace.

2. Tess says:

Looks like they are all already dressed for a funeral…well, except for Erica and Opal’s spangly numbers and the low cut dress on Amanda, but everyone’s in black or navy or grey suits and dresses. Also looks like they’re in the soon to be foreclosed on Chandler Mansion, so does that mean Stuart doesn’t make it after all?

There was a rumor that the ending is a cliff-hanger that may involve a shootout and we’ve seen JR walking around with Adam’s gun for a few days now so that could be happening too, but JR’s dressed up too in one of those pics (the other with him in the bedroom looks like a scene that was shown today actually).

3. Patti says:

This week has been great. The old school core of friends Tad,Angie/Jesse all got to come back from the dead and have soulmate reunions, I just wish they would have brought Jenny back from the dead. They did it with Jesse and there was a body when he died too. After several mentions of Jenny and Greg’s 2008 appearance where he admitted he wasn’t over Jenny and never would I had hope they would reunite before the show ended. Instead we get JR’s nutty behavior and more than likely babe coming back :(

4. Michele says:

JR’s got a gun. And Erica, David, and Minxs (Bianca and Marissa) better duck. And then all 4 make it onto the online version.

• Sivat says:

With Eden Riegel recently fired from Y&R, I think Prospect Park is going to try to snatch her up for the online edition of AMC.

5. Daniel Gonzales says:

I do not think they should end with a cliffhanger because the way things are going with Prospect Park, I really doubt the show will ever come back. They don’t have the money to pay all the actors except the sucky ones and for all the sets. I like the JR craziness because the show is a soap and all about drama and for it to just end without any drama would be silly. Plus I don’t see AMC as an online soap really being that successful.

6. TV Gord says:

Patti

Don’t miss The View today for a Greg & Jenny reunion. The whole show is dedicated to AMC!

7. Sivat says:

If they needed a cliffhanger ending, this is how I would have done it.

The show ends like a traditional soap finale, with everyone getting their happy ending. The final scene is Erica with Kendall and Bianca in Erica’s living room, where she says how much she loves “all my children”. Bianca and Kendall exit, but Erica lingers. She hears a noise outside and goes outside to check on it. Then, Erica stumbles back in, looking completely disheveled. She collapses on the floor. Kendall rushes in and Erica asks what happened. Kendall reveals Erica’s been missing for an entire year!

Bam, instant cliffhanger! As Erica tries to get used to life one year later, she guides the audience through the changes to Pine Valley, where characters have died, moved away, remarried, etc. in the missing year (thus explaining actor absences). The series ends on a note that’s respectful of the past 41 years on AMC but also sets up a juicy reason to tune in to Prospect Park.

8. connie says:

I can’t believe they ended it that way. It was more of a “see-you- Monday” than a goodbye ending…

9. Beverly Smith Herrington says:

WHAT IN THE WORLD? I am nearly 74 – I watched the first show and through the years as many as I could through the years. Finally when videos came on the scene, I was able to tape episodes and watch as I had my dinner. For 24 years All My Children was my partner at dinner and I was not alone! Now happily married for 7 1/2 years to the man of my dreams, it is still extremely hard to have watched, for 3 days, beautifully planned family gatherings complete with family photos to post in the “All My Children Scrapbook”, only to have to hear a gunshot as their parting shot. Well at least THAT stopped the tears – yet what a disappointment. How I will miss these friends of over 41 years.

10. Rock khan says:

Hi, beautiful and particularly reflects her caring. You R are very beautiful and she her Sexy and fitness to be standing forever. I make you friend duo you lick me. Forehead You All Time .who are waiting to meet you only. I show how mash I love you

11. Debbie Mc says:

I was so sad to see the ending of my 41 years of watching amc.I pray it will come back to tv.It was a part of my life every day.I watched it on soapnet at nite,and hope it will return,what a cliffhanger!!!!!

12. stella says:

EAT **** THE CHEW..ABC YOU REALLY ****** UP..NO AMC FAN IS GOING TO SUPPORT YOUR SHOW….HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF THE FOOD NETWORK..ALSO FROM THE MAJOR NEW YORK HOSPITAL MY HUSBAND IS A DOCTOR AT NO ONE IS SUPPORTING IT..EVEN IF YOUR NOT A FAN YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS..WHATS WITH DR.OZ ONCE I THOT HE WAS A SINCERE DOCTOR & NOW HE IS JUST ALL ABOUT THE SPOTLIGHT WITH HIS DAUGHTER REPLACING AMC..DR.OZ YOU ARE OFF MY TIVO ALSO