TVLine Items: CSI: NY's Once & Again Reunion, Doctor Who and Walking Dead Scoop and More!

CSI: NY is playing host to a Once & Again reunion.

Jeffrey Nordling will appear alongside his former TV ex, Sela Ward, for two episodes of the CBS procedural this November as a U.S. senator who is displeased with the way Jo handled his daughter’s rape case years earlier in D.C. EW.com first reported the casting news.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Sopranos alumna Drea de Matteo will guest star on CBS’ CSI: Miami as “a sexy and smart poker player” involved in a high-stakes game that takes a murderous turn, per EW.com.

• Claire Skinner (Outnumbered), Bill Bailey (Black Books), Arabella Weir (Skins) and Alexander Armstrong (Armstrong & Miller) have been added to the cast of this year’s Doctor Who Christmas Special, in which the Doctor (Matt Smith) finds himself in war-torn England embarking on a mysterious adventure with a young widow (Skinner) and her two children.

• Bravo’s Top Chef: Texas is set to premiere Wednesday, November 2 at 10/9c, with a record 29 chefs competing for the coveted title.

Rescue Me‘s Michael Zegen has joined Season 2 of AMC’s The Walking Dead (premiering Oct. 16) as “a skinny Southern kid who finds himself in a rather unique set of post-apocalypse circumstances,” per EW.com.

• Fox has picked up a fourth reality series from Gordon Ramsay. Titled Hotel Hell, it’ll feature Ramsay and a team of hospitality experts traveling across the country to fix struggling hotels, B&Bs and such.

• Syfy has ordered second seasons of Hollywood Treasure and Haunted Collector, as well as greenlit a new reality series, Dream Machines, which showcases the transition of over-the-top film vehicles for real-life use.

• The People’s Choice Awards will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012, with Mark Burnett (Survivor) returning as executive producer.

• And lastly, we close with another trippy, perhaps at times unsettling sneak peek at American Horror Story, which premieres Oct. 5 on FX. Are you anxiously planning to tune in?

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (15)

• If Drea De Matteo’s gonna be guest staring on anything it shoudl definitely be Sons of Anarchy!!! She just kinda fell off the side of the earth on that show.

Comment by britt – September 21, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was in one of the Appisodes I think or maybe a deleted scene or something, but they explained that Wendy signed over full custody of Abel to Tara while Jax was in prison….so I think it’s very unlikely that we’ll ever see Wendy again on Sons.

Comment by TheDude – September 21, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I love Who, I just want to shake Steven Moffat and ask “where’s my Sherlock?!?!” I know Martin Freeman (and Benedict) is probably mobbed with Hobbit work, but I’m so tired of seeing Sherlock S2 getting pushed back more and more.
    The only good thing about that terrible summer hiatus is now Doctor Who xmas special’s only 3 months after end of the 6th series. Can’t wait ’till Saturday!

Comment by Sara – September 21, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are filming Sherlock now. Martin has a hiatis built into his hobbit schedule just for this.

Comment by scott – September 21, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks for sharing this! So glad to hear that we’ll be getting more Sherlock soon. And yay for the Doctor Who news!

Comment by MeliBee – September 21, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much for the Doctor Who news! I’d like to see more of it in the future!

Comment by Dani – September 21, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was skeptical before, but man American Horror Story is lookin GooD!
    Very creepy psychosexual stuff. Fantastic

Comment by Dessy – September 21, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray for the Doctor Who news! Keep it up! :)

Comment by Julia – September 21, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Outnumbered and I’ve been thinking about getting into DW and I think I will watch that ep.

Comment by Teq – September 21, 2011 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahh, a Once and Again reunion! I loved that show so much. Jeffrey and Sela were perfect as the disgruntled exes. I wish more of the cast was working today — that show had some of the best acting I have ever seen (including from the kids!)

Comment by Ashley – September 21, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Connie Britton, but American Horror Story looks way too creepy for me.

Comment by Rob – September 21, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope American Horror story lives up to the previews.
    They look damn right creepy.

Comment by MikeyM – September 21, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Syfy has ordered… a new reality series, Dream Machines, which showcases the transition of over-the-top film vehicles for real-life use.”

Because, you know, that sounds SO relevant to science fiction. Pfft. They cancelled Eureka for this drivel. Double pfft.

Comment by txgina – September 21, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Once and Again was one of the best written, acted, directed and cast shows ever, IMO.

Comment by april-ann – September 22, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for more Who scoop :( I am excited for the Christmas special, though, those are always fun.

Comment by Rachel – September 22, 2011 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post