TVLine Items: CSI: NY's Once & Again Reunion, Doctor Who and Walking Dead Scoop and More!
Jeffrey Nordling will appear alongside his former TV ex, Sela Ward, for two episodes of the CBS procedural this November as a U.S. senator who is displeased with the way Jo handled his daughter’s rape case years earlier in D.C. EW.com first reported the casting news.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Sopranos alumna Drea de Matteo will guest star on CBS’ CSI: Miami as “a sexy and smart poker player” involved in a high-stakes game that takes a murderous turn, per EW.com.
• Claire Skinner (Outnumbered), Bill Bailey (Black Books), Arabella Weir (Skins) and Alexander Armstrong (Armstrong & Miller) have been added to the cast of this year’s Doctor Who Christmas Special, in which the Doctor (Matt Smith) finds himself in war-torn England embarking on a mysterious adventure with a young widow (Skinner) and her two children.
• Bravo’s Top Chef: Texas is set to premiere Wednesday, November 2 at 10/9c, with a record 29 chefs competing for the coveted title.
• Rescue Me‘s Michael Zegen has joined Season 2 of AMC’s The Walking Dead (premiering Oct. 16) as “a skinny Southern kid who finds himself in a rather unique set of post-apocalypse circumstances,” per EW.com.
• Fox has picked up a fourth reality series from Gordon Ramsay. Titled Hotel Hell, it’ll feature Ramsay and a team of hospitality experts traveling across the country to fix struggling hotels, B&Bs and such.
• Syfy has ordered second seasons of Hollywood Treasure and Haunted Collector, as well as greenlit a new reality series, Dream Machines, which showcases the transition of over-the-top film vehicles for real-life use.
• The People’s Choice Awards will take place on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012, with Mark Burnett (Survivor) returning as executive producer.
• And lastly, we close with another trippy, perhaps at times unsettling sneak peek at American Horror Story, which premieres Oct. 5 on FX. Are you anxiously planning to tune in?
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?