Ratings: New Girl Is Hot (Hotter Than Glee Even), All Three CBS Dramas Deliver Gains

You like Fox’s New Girl, you really like her.

The Zooey Deschanel-fronted freshman comedy premiered to 10.1 million total viewers on Tuesday night, marking a 36 percent improvement over what Raising Hope did leading out of the Glee opener a year ago. New Girl‘s demo rating of 4.8 meanwhile translates into a 55-percent bump. All told, it was Fox’s highest-rated fall sitcom debut in 10 years (since Bernie Mac).

Fall TV Recasts: Happy Endings’ Damon Wayans Jr. Will (Briefly) Live With the New Girl

Even more impressive (than Zooey’s eyes): New Girl built on the Glee premiere’s 8.7 million viewers and 3.8 rating (both tallies representing 30 percent drops from a year ago).

Glee Season Premiere Recap: “Beat” Generation

Know who else had a very good night? CBS, which enjoyed year-over-year gains in all three time slots. NCIS drew 19.5 million/4.2 (up 3 and 7 percent from its previous premiere), NCIS: LA did 16.7 mil/3.6 (up 14 and 6 percent), and Poppy Montgomery’s Unforgettable (14 mil/2.9), which improved on The Good Wife by 9 and 16 percent.

Elsewhere on Tuesday:

* The Biggest Loser averaged 6.1 million total viewers and a 2.3 rating in its two-hour opener, down 14 and 20 percent from a year ago.

* With 1.6 mil and a 0.7 rating, 90210 was flat versus last week’s premiere.

* This season’s first Dancing With the Stars results show (14.5 mil/2.9) dropped 20 and 33 percent from last fall.

* Ringer (2 mil/1.0) slipped 28 and 17 percent from its debut. (The CW points out that the freshman drama registered gains in its second half-hour, after New Girl ended.)

* Raising Hope (6.9 mil/3.1) saw gains of 17 and 24 percent versus what Running Wilde did in the 9:30 slot a year ago.

* Trailing Unforgettable in the 10 ‘clock hour, Body of Proof (9.7 mil/2.2) was down some 27 percent from its series debut, while Parenthood (5.3 mil/2.1) slipped 22 percent and a tenth of a point.

1. Michael says:

Holy s—! Who knew the biggest hit of the season would be New Girl? (Well, many shows have yet to premiere, but I don’t think they’ll do better than that.)

• Lulzor says:

Uhm…2 Broke Girls did almost twice that number.

• Michael says:

I meant given the circumstances. 2 Broke Girls had the advantage of a lead-in with 30 million viewers.

• Alex says:

Although 2 Broke Girls admittedly had a much higher debut, it didn’t debut in its normal time slot, and it had a massive lead in. Personally, I think that The New Girl BUILDING ON Glee’s audience is a far more impressive feat.

• EmperorCheese says:

Not really.
          Glee sucks.

• seattlejohn says:

NEW GIRL sucks…the one-liners in the trailers successfully drew an audience but the manic tone was grating and annoying; the teasers worked better telegraphing the best lines as the actual show didn’t sustain the charm of the commercials…I don’t plan to watch again

• lorna says:

agreed. i would give back nip/tuck if it meant no GLEE.

• Abe Froman says:

Don’t get excited, this is just the first week. I can give you a list of shows that started out strong, and were cancelled by the end of the season.

• Michael says:

I’m not that excited. I watched the pilot online and didn’t think it was must-see TV. Clearly, I may be in the minority.

• Emily says:

I watched the pilot online too and wasn’t convinced that I would stick with it, but I checked it out anyways. I actually found it much funnier the second time around and I will definitely keep tuning in. I have a feeling that it will improve as the series goes on.

• jj says:

i didn’t like this pilot at all. if i were a network exec i wouldve sent this back to be retooled. i think they are just selling it on the “everyone loves quirky zooey” vibe. let’s see how long that lasts. i don’t know what koolaid they gave to critics at the Fox upfronts that they raved about this show so. and i watched Free Agents ondemand and didn’t understand why critics panned it so much. It wasn’t unbelievably awesome but it was a solid half hour comedy with much more believable characters and chemistry than New Girl had.

• seattlejohn says:

I totally agree with you…no to NEW GIRL but I definitly enjoyed the more relaxed pace of FREE AGENTS: Hank Azaria and co-star have an easygoing but flirty chemistry and a more sophisticated supporting cast

• Rock Golf says:

Actually, I knew New Girl would do well.

I’ve used TV Line’s grid of the 2011 fall schedule to create a quiz. The quiz shows the network, day & time & the quiztaker has to try to identify as many shows from memory as possible. The quiz has been taken over 2,500 times in the past 90 minutes, and will probably reach 10,000 plays by the end of the day.

Among new shows, New Girl was identified by 40.8% of quiztakers, higher than familiar shows like American Dad, Grey’s Anatomy and Gossip Girl.

The only new show getting a higher score is The X Factor (55.4%). I predict its ratings will be massive. And Whitney will do worse than 2 Broke Girls, but better than Up All Night.

You can try the quiz yourself. Just click on my name below to get to it.

• jj says:

New Girl sucked. People only watched it because critics overyped the crap out of it. I expected it to be at least passable, but i found myself hoping it would be over with and quickly. Zooey is doing yet another “adorkable” role. this shtick is getting kinda old. but i could get past that if the writing was better, if the set ups made any sense and if there was chemistry between the cast. i found it lacking in all of these areas. I didn’t think it was “cute” that she came into these other people’s apt and watched dirty dancing all week. in real life, noone would like a person who did that. and the annoying singing thing. as a girl, i wouldn’t befriend this chick, not to mention if i were a straight guy. and really? did all three need to leave the club to go tell her that her date wasn’t coming? couldn’t just one go? couldn’t they have called or texted her? and who runs into a nice restaurant yelling “i’m here!” and then starts singing loudly? this pilot tried soo hard and was just schlocky crap. it was like a pilot i would expect the producers on Episodes to greenlight. Maybe it will get better and more realistic. I don’t know if i’ll stick around long enough to find out. The fact that so many people are saying they like this show says more about how low standards are as opposed to how good this episode is.

2. Kiki says:

You know, I really wanted to love this show, but her character sort of annoyed me. I’ll give it another shot, but I’m not so sure I’ll continue.

• tp says:

I agree. The singing was a bit annoying. I will give it another couple of episodes to make my final decision.

• HeidiL says:

I agree! I love Zooey but her character….it’s like the role was written for a 5 year old but they re-cast it as an adult and didn’t bother re-writing to make her more mature.

• jj says:

i think it was written BY a five year old!

• Thomas Bock says:

I was going to write something, but HeidiL “Nailed It”. I love Zooey too….who was it that got the Time Magazine line: “when did you first realize that you are adorable?” She is, but the
        writing needs to be upgraded just as HeidiL suggested.

3. kristy says:

I watched New Girl. Laughed a few times, for sure. But I just can’t accept Zooey Deschanel as this geeky, quirky character. She is gorgeous and all her “awkward” moments were trying too hard. I like her a lot as an actress, I just don’t think this is working.

4. Leah says:

I did. I’ve been saying it would be the best new show since the first preview I saw

5. Alex says:

The New Girl built on Glee’s audience? Wow. I really enjoyed it, hope it continues to do well!

6. qeee says:

Good For NEW GIRL, The obessive GLEE fans must be going insane.
    And it’s good to be CBS.

7. Kim says:

I generally think that about 90% of the shows premiering this season look horrid. I have a few that I’ll watch for various reasons, but Zooey Deschanel trying too hard? Nah. That was bad enough in her one episode of Bones. Heck, I tried “The Secret Circle” because of Gale Harold, and while he was as fabulous as the script would allow, he can only cover so many sins. The only new thing I’ve tried so far that I’m willing to give more episodes? Ringer.

8. NanCeE* says:

I really liked New Girl and will watch again. I also think every home/office should have a douchebag jar – lol.

9. Marina Sabino says:

Hahaha. Glee sucks and it´s sinking faster than the Titanic!

• Ben says:

Gosh yes. 8.7 million viewers (more than what it pulled for much of the first season and about on part with late season 2). That’s definitely ‘sinking faster than the Titanic’.

Having said that, Glee shouldn’t outstay its welcome. The whole idea of refreshing the cast just won’t work, I don’t think.

10. Tucker says:

The best thing New Girl had going for it was the apartment. Everything else was somewhat painfully unfunny or less funny than everyone involved thought it was. The show felt like a comedian who was lightly bombing on stage just trying anything to get a laugh. I’ll give it another episode or two to see if everyone settles down in to actual characters rather than the cartoon that was presented.

• davey says:

I think you hit the nail on the head for me about the show coming across as cartoonish! I felt two of the male co-stars (the douchebag and the Happy Endings guy) were so ridiculously written that I couldn’t understand half of the show because I cringed everytime their characters did something over-the-top stoopid! I like Zoey – she’s cute – but I can see that schtick getting a little old maybe a bit too quickly.

11. Mikaylah says:

I loved New Girl. Very funny and endearing. The guy roommates and Zooey have a great chemistry. This was only the pilot episode, so I can’t wait to see how they explore more of each character. The Glee premiere was good too. I’m convinced Blaine makes anything Glee 100% better, at least entertainment wise if not in the ratings. I also watched NCIS, NCIS: LA, and Unforgettable. NCIS and NCIS:LA were as wonderful as ever, and Unforgettable is intriguing, but I’ll need more time to decide.

12. jake says:

actually glee is getting the same ratings it was getting before. Glad for new girl — i thought it was very good and i think zooey deschanel will get an emmy nod. i’m more shocked about body of proof not doing as well.

• Hols says:

I’m not shocked about Body of Proof. It’s pretty bad. The plots of the individual cases are cliche, and if you’ve watched another procedural, you know who did it in the first 10 minutes. They’ve never bothered to build up an endearing group of colleagues that help other cliched procedurals survive — like Bones, Castle, NCIS, etc. The only other element of the show is the doctor’s relationship with her kid and ex, and even that’s been done before. Many times. And better.

The only real asset the show has is 1. Dana Delaney (who can cover many issues, but not this many) and 2. the fact it airs after Dancing with the Stars. Since Dancing with the Stars is down, it makes 100% sense that Body of Proof is down.

• Gretchen says:

I watch Body of Proof for Geoffrey Arend.

• Dr. Matt says:

I record Body of Proof because I can – the only other Tuesday 10pm show I watch is Sons of Anarchy on F/X, then I watch the Top Shot encore at 11pm on History. I originally watched Body of Proof because a friend had spot as an extra and I wanted to see her. That being said, the show is not good. It seems like they’re trying to make Dana Delany a supercop/doctor – like a cross between House and Horatio Caine (of CSI: Miami). For one, medical examiners do not get that involved with cases and never talk with witnesses at a crime scene. They also are not responsible for coming up with theories. They present evidence to the detectives, who then talk with suspects and derive possibilities on how the crime was committed. I keep trying to give the show another shot (not that I need to, I watch too much TV as it is), but I often find myself deleting it to make room for others.

• jj says:

an emmy nod? you base this on one poorly written script with over the top acting? wow.

13. Carly says:

Doesn’t Modern Family get those kind of numbers all the time? Let’s see how New Girl does after the normal drop off after the pilot.

Glee seems to have passed its moment of glory, falling quite a bit from many airings last season.

14. Snsetblaze says:

I wonder if it will keep the audience. I watched it off my tivo last night and thought – meh. I laughed more at Raising Hope. Although I do wonder if RH kept New Girl’s audience last night.

15. Adam M. says:

New Girl was complete garbage. The character is a nerd because she talks about Star Wars and has glasses? Wow, how in-depth. I didn’t give a damn about her annoying quirks or her “heart break” because they gave you no chance to like the character. They immediately make her full force cliche. Every line out of her mouth was completely stupid and lingered on one of her “ticks”.

The male characters were even worse. “Coach” was just stupid and he’s way better off on Happy Endings where his talent shows through. The Bartender “bro” was blank and the whitest person I’ve ever seen on TV (the third bro, whoever he was) was pathetic. They didn’t even seem like frat boys. They just seemed like they were too old to be living together in one apartment. To make it worse, the show sets it’s standard by bring in “Dirty Dancing” references and a “we love you New Girl” sing-along cheer up pity party in episode one? Completely stupid and excessively STALE.

• Nunya Biz says:

I actually like the potential for New Girl. Besides, pilot episodes of a new series almost never reflect the finished product. Wait a few episodes in before determining the set-in-stone character dynamics.

However..
      “They just seemed like they were too old to be living together in one apartment.”

Agreed. At the age these 3 guys seem to be, if you’re still living with your “bros”, you may need to take a serious look at your true sexual orientation.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

• Mikaylah says:

Unless I am drawing a complete blank, she wasn’t making Star Wars references. She was talking about Lord of the Rings. And I found her character very endearing, even if I didn’t get a chance to really care about her break-up with her boyfriend. I liked the potential of the guy roommates, and her best friend. I can see this becoming not just about Zooey’s character, but an ensemble about them all.

• jj says:

do you people not realize that you sound like mind controlled droids? the fact that everyone uses the same term “endearing” about the zooey character makes it seem less genuine and more like you guys are being manipulated into “liking” the character. the entire pilot felt like that. “isn’t zooey cute and dorky? isn’t she so clueless that you can’t help but love her? look.. even three straight guys find her endearing, don’t you?”. sorry. not convinced.

• Alex says:

‘…the whitest person I’ve ever seen on TV…’?

Hmm. Does this sound OK:

‘…the blackest person I’ve ever seen on TV…’?

If so, fine. The first quote is fine.
      If not, the first quote is NOT fine.

Double standards for political correctness. Classic sheep-mentality hypocrisy.

• jj says:

agreed completely. anyone who hasn’t seen this yet- lower your expectations… greatly! if you listen to all these people saying how awesome it was (including the critics) you will be as sorely disappointed as i was.

• Nunya Biz says:

Wow!!
        Talk about egotistical to the extreme!
        If anyone has any intellectual sense, then they have no choice but to agree with my personal opinion.
        jj, leave your ego at home, because in the public, you come across like someone who needs to drop a few several dollars into the Douche Bag Jar.

16. Nunya Biz says:

Glee-saturated?

Either the Glee writers have really hit an early slump, or the whole “Glee” thing has reached over-saturation. Considering some sites (like this one) ‘feel’ almost dedicated to Glee, there was no down time between seasons.

It’ll be interesting to see just how fast Glee slips into oblivion as people simply get sick and tired of the relentless barrage of Glee minutia.

• Suncatcher says:

Totally agree with you, Nunya. I love TVLine.com but am astounded by some days I pull it up and it seems like EVERY story is about Glee. “Saturated” is the perfect word. We never got to give it a rest – and now it’s back. Big whoop.

17. Gretchen says:

I found New Girl to be endearing and cute, but not really funny–the only time I laughed was the scene of Coach screaming at his poor client.

Also, pretty much every minute of the show had been a part of a preview, I felt like I had seen it already…perhaps they should have used more than the pilot in their previews?

I’ll keep it as TiVo Season Pass, but if it is missed one week or gone before I watch it, I won’t care too much. It’ll be a filler, a “it’s 11PM, the Daily Show is a re-run or it is the weekend and I need something light to watch” show.

• Plum says:

Weird, the part I liked the least was the coach guy screaming at Zoey and his client, the “stop it” got old fast. I didn’t see why they needed to have 2 d-bag friends who were mean to Zoey; the one who was rival to the bartender and the guy who stood Zoey up, they should have rolled those characters into one character. Stuff like that made the pilot feel a little uneven, I was surprised about that seeing that it was directed by Jake Kasdan.

• Stephanie says:

I also had watched all of the previews so I was so bored watching the actual episode. I had already seen ALL of it. There were probably two parts that I laughed at that hadn’t been given away already. I will definitely give it another chance next week because I think there’s potential there, but I also think that the numbers are going to drop dramatically next week.

I also hope they start to make Zooey’s character more believable.

18. Amy says:

finally! i really wanted a show to give Glee a hard time..

19. Plum says:

Loved Zoey, hated the Wayans guy on it, glad he’s getting recast, loved the dude from Veronica Mars, the bartender/bearded roommate guy…what is he supposed to be, Ross? The schlubby guy on HIMYM? I wouldn’t mind if he was gone too; the replacement for the Wayans guy and the guy from Veronica Mars are PLENTY, sheesh. The show needs to focus more on Zoey and less on “co-ed roomies!” angle that hasn’t shocked since Three’s Company. The douche jar gag was soooo sad. Just so lame, bad, bad writer. Just wanna smack the writer with a rolled up newspaper for that. Have your jokes girl, don’t label them in an actual. Douche jar, sheesh.

20. Gerald says:

I think that between the critical and fan backlash and the oversaturation of the show, Glee is clearly sinking.
    Loved the episode of Ringer and as someone who liked the pilot, I thought it was an improvement over the last one (it didn’t have bad special effects) and I’m really looking forward to the next one.

21. grate says:

Ringer was awesome last night. Not much else worth watching, though. Tuesday has a lot of crap on. I thought New Girl sucked especially.

22. Hols says:

I bet “New Girl” drops and drops fast. I think second week losses will be really significant and then a steady decline every week after that. Over by the end of the season.

• Mikaylah says:

I think you are underestimating the draw of Zooey Deschanel. She is adorable (though that word may have lost all meaning, since it is used so much to describe her). I think once we get past all the exposition that is always found in pilots to set up the show, the supporting cast will be explored and developed.

• Gretchen says:

Can you imagine what the Deschanel household must have been like when they were kids? The plays, the singing and dancing, the “watch me!”

• ick says:

gag! but it’s ok, bc they were so adorable! and even though she’s in her thirties, she’s still adorable. maybe when they do the inevitable golden girls retooling 30 years from now, she can play the adorable grandma age character as well…

23. rissa says:

Not surprised that Glee dropped from last year. Season 2 was pretty disappointing. The real test will be next week’s ratings. Let’s see if they lose more or if it stays steady. I enjoyed last night’s premier!

24. Sophie says:

I had watched New Girl on demand before it aired and thought it was cute bu got kind of annoyed with Jess. Last night I watched it again with my roommate and thought it was much funnier, I don’t know why. I’ll definitely be tuning in.

Wasn’t thrilled with Glee’s song choices.

DVR-ed The Ringer (I’ll watch anything with Ioan Gruffud AND Nestor Carbonell) and Unforgettable. Surprisd Unforgettable kept such god numbers because every review I read said it was blah. Guess we’ll see next week!

25. Z says:

Unforgettable is totally forgettable. CBS obviously knows what it’s doing by feeding viewers more and more procedurals but this one is just so cliche-riddled.

• tvlover44 says:

i was wondering if perhaps the critics’ reviews had been wrong, but i suspect that your take is correct. it saddens me that so many viewers prefer this kind of procedural drivel to the brilliance (and intelligence) of a show like ‘the good wife’.

26. 1mars says:

A little Zooey goes a long way, at least in this character. She is too old to be playing this silly ditzy character. Hope they tune down her adorableness and give us some good stories. What happened to the strong, assertive women? Guess they have been rescued by these guys

27. Sivat says:

I can’t stand Zooey Deschanel. I watched Glee and Ringer.

28. TinCan says:

I DVR’ed New Girl just to see what it was going to be like, watched it and think it’s high numbers will drop next week. The pilot show is supposed to make you want to watch each week, this pilot was so poor it did the opposite for me.

29. Nadine says:

I loved New Girl, and Raising Hope is even better where I’m concerned. It’s a fabulous show. As for Ringer, I’m already addicted (though I don’t have CW so I get it online).

30. Andrea says:

I can attest to Ringer doing better after New Girl ended. Had to bump Ringer off the TiVo so that I could record New Girl for a family member. Will have to catch Ep 2 of Ringer whenever CW posts it. I checked this morning, and they must be doing the 8-day wait because it’s not released yet.

31. Monica says:

I want to see New Girl and I do think to be honest tht it was viewed becuz it appeared right after glee. It was prob watched by every glee viewer and then included those who actually wanted 2 watch it and this is just what i think since i didnt get to watch either since I was at night school but I think it should be reviewed later after a couple of episodes to see if tht many ppl continue 2 watch.

32. sara says:

Watched it once because… well just because. Never do it again,
    She isn’t as adorable as the tv execs want us to believe OR adorable isn’t that attractive on a mature woman. This Zooey person seems to be stuck in the persona of a twelve year old.

Sorry, I tried.

33. Clarissa says:

Watched New girl, it was okay. I’ll watch again, but mainly just because I have no cable anymore so it’s cbs, nbc, fox, cw or telemundo for me.

Yay for NCIS! I was worried that the fact that it was available online a day earlier would effect it!

34. Linda says:

I kinda thought New Girl was boring.

35. James says:

New Girl is the next Modern Family.

36. Tim says:

Really thought The New girl was really funny.

37. Stormy says:

I was expecting more likable roommates. The clown who keeps removing his shirt is not at all engaging. Wayans was fine, but he’s been recast. Zooey was good, but those guys need to locate some charisma.

38. Elizabeth says:

Didn’t watch New Girl but made sure to watch Raising Hope. It’s one of my favorite shows!

39. kevin says:

Don’t know why 14 million viewers saw the debut of UNFORGETTABLE and it’s still a bad crime drama for CBS. Wish they cancel it after the first season.

40. Tee says:

I thought New Girl was… okay. Not great, not bad. It seemed a little over-hyped. I might watch it again though.

In comparison the other comedy pilots I’ve tried (Up All Night and 2 Broke Girls), those I did not like at all. I really don’t get the critical praise for those. UAN in particular has a great cast and all but the writing just isn’t getting it there.

41. Renee says:

NCIS was good (I really like Kate’s sister), NCIS LA was really good, and I enjoyed Unforgettable will definitely be giving it several more episodes. Tonight I’ll catch up with Ringer. Tuesdays are very full for me.

42. Sara says:

I never watched Glee. Love New Girl, she makes the geeky girl in my smile. Unforgettable is kinda forgettable.

43. Gayle says:

Really liked New Girl and will tune in again next week. Unforgettable was awful – contrived and cliched. I rolled my eyes so many times I was dizzy. Poppy Montgomery’s face looks different – has she had work done? Her accent was really annoying too. Dylan Walsh is the most boring actor on TV and is woefully miscast.

• nnn says:

but new girl was NOT contrived and cliched? do you know what those words mean? i can’t attest to unforgettable, i forgot that it was coming on, frankly. but new girl tried so hard and failed so miserably. it might pick up, but nothing about this pilot screamed must see tv. the set up? contrived. the situations? contrived. her character? contrived. the fact that anyone would want to be around/befriend her annoying character? unrealistic beyond measure. to see nerds done well, see big bang theory. i’m not a huge fan of that show, but i believe the characters. and not every “nerd/dork” wears glasses and acts like a clueless idiot.

• Gayle says:

There’s so much wrong with the world these days that I like watching most comedy shows, including the Big Bang Theory. I don’t have huge expectations when I watch them, I certainly don’t analyze them, I just want to laugh and forget the real world. New Girl did that for me and I enjoyed it. It’s a shame that you did not. However, my expectations of a one hour drama are much higher and my comments were about Unforgettable, which you admit you did not even see. If you had, then you might have found your ‘contrived’ comments about the set-up, the situations, her character and ‘unrealistic beyond measure’ would have described Unforgettable to a T. Just my opinion though.

• MikeyM says:

I am glad I find someone that agrees with me. I can’t see watching these annoying cutsey 30-something people every week.
        Her Geeky act only goes so far. She seemed mental.

44. Rachel says:

ARGH DVR!!!!! All I got was, “So Jess, I just wanted you to know that, for me…” THE END. SERIOUSLY?? It didn’t draw me in instantly, but I thought it was really charming and I plan on keeping up with it. I really liked the three guys, and I’m a little confused/curious why they recast the one role, I liked Coach! I saw about two minutes of Unforgettable and thought it was stupid.

• tvlover44 says:

@rachel – they recast the role because, after the pilot for ‘new girl’ was filmed, the actor’s sitcom from the season that just ended, ‘happy endings’, was unexpectedly picked up for another season. so he’ll be appearing on that show now.

45. Tom says:

Let’s see how New Girl does next week. Like a lot of people I was looking forward to that one. I was very disappointed. In spite of Fox’ incessant hype, it was pretty poor. What a shame.

46. Midori says:

New Girl was one of the worst pilots I have ever seen.

47. bhm1304 says:

Isn’t it bigger news that “Glee” dropped like 1/3 of its audience from last seasons premiere? Crappy show with an unsustainable premise and bad writing combined with lousy egomaniacal overexposed actors…looks like the world is catching up with the reality about this garbage finally. Chord Overstreet should be thrilled he got off that sinking ship.

48. Mikey says:

I thought the show was nauseating. Is Zooey really going to act like she has a mental problem every episode. She should be committed.
    Thank god I have subtitles.
    Best think was the shirtless guy from Veronica Mars.

49. Tim says:

I think that the ridiculously over the top reviews hurt New Girl; I like Zooey but this was just pleasant, rather than funny. I don’t think I laughed once (although I smiled a few times). Might have been better if I’d come to it cold, as I did 2 Broke Girls, which I quite enjoyed.

I don’t see how Unforgettable can sustain a series; the memory thing is interesting but surely the character can’t luckily stumble onto stuff to remember and thereby solve a crime every week?

I liked the second episode of Ringer much more than the first; I’m hoping the show will continue to grow. I like the cast a lot.

Glee was a bit dull; I’ve always enjoyed it without being addicted (as my 13 year old daughter is) but largely for the music, and not a lot of this week’s show caught my interest.

Enjoyed both NCIS shows, especially the LA variant.

I love premier season!

50. Ethan says:

Meh, I didn’t think it was that great. Zooey was kind of annoying. It’s going to go down from here