Exclusive

Parenthood Exclusive: White Collar Alum Alexandra Daddario Joins the Family Biz

Parenthood has hired a White Collar starlet to man the phones at the Braverman brothers’ new recording studio.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Alexandra Daddario — who has played Neal’s now-and-then girlfriend, Kate, on-and-off over the past three seasons of the USA Network hit — is joining the NBC family drama’s third season. The actress first appears in Episode 8 as Rachel, the new receptionist at Adam (Peter Krause) and Crosby’s (Dax Shepard) new business venture, The Luncheonette.

Parenthood showrunner Jason Katims tells TVLine that Luncheonette’s newest addition “will have an arc for at least several episodes.”

Daddario’s other credits include Percy Jackson & the OlympiansAll My Children and the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.

The third season of Parenthood is currently in full swing on Tuesdays at 10/9c.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Katie says:

I like this actress, and I hope she’s a love interest for Crosby! It’s not that I dislike him and Jasmine, but I feel like it would be more realistic/original for the writers to actually maintain their breakup and have one of the couples on the show end up being co-parents rather than together. Plus, I don’t think Jasmine and Crosby have very much chemistry. But I’d still like to see her remain on the show!

• Lisa says:

You can vouch without seeing 1 epi that this character that will be great for Crosby? I guess another other woman is beter than Jasmine right? So you don’t mind Jasmine on the show, as long as she’s not romantically involved with Crosby. Can’t be that you like the character very much as she would be on the outside looking in. The Jasmine and Crosby breakup is really audience placating and pandering. I think it would have been a more intersting s/l to have Crosby continue along his growth path this season, the baby s/l would have worked better with him and Jasmine. Joel and Julia are better characters for a co-parenting s/l.

• jj says:

i don’t know how she scored this gig. nothing about her role or acting on white collar made me think that she would ever work again (perhaps it’s just that she was woefully miscast as a “bad” girl. she just gave the Kate character no personality whatsoever and it was unrealistic that Neil would ever have fallen for her at all, not to mention hard enough to commit crimes for her. i only believed it bc it’s like the guy you see who’s attractive, smart, and nice who falls for a complete idiot or beyotch and is unhappy but stays with her bc she’s hot).
      if i were a casting director, i wouldn’t even have considered her. just more proof that talent has nothing to do with who gets parts in hollywood. it’s all how you look and who you know.

2. Mikaylah says:

Wasn’t there a story recently about a girl working for them who has a thing for her married boss?? Which would be Adam… Uh oh.

3. lil jo says:

She really isn’t Neal’s on again/ off again girlfriend for 3 years. She was KILLED off.

4. Ian says:

Katims, please stop, just admit you’re bring on a permanent love interest. Like Gaby, i’m sure you’ll contrast her with Jasmine, she’ll have lots in common with Crosby and he’ll slowly but surely fall for her. Bye bye Jasmine.

5. Bobbie says:

I always watch Parenthood and tape the other show in that time slot and was disappointed to see the ratings numbers for the show. Maybe they,NBC, needs to see what it will do over the following weeks and if it still isn’t faring well, move it to a better time slot because I hate to see this show get cancelled right when it gets in your system.

6. Beverly says:

love this show…love..love it….but…wish it was on another night…like Thursdays….when absolutely nothing worth watching is one…and maybe at 9:00 EST instead of 10:00….please don’t let this show be cancelled…most of the tv shows now are crap!

7. Jasmine says:

I love the show, but have some problems with the writing of the Jasmine & Crosby love affair. They have written Jasmine very poorly. Why wouldn’t she attend Kristina’s Baby shower, they love each other. Jasmine walking out of the shower was like seeing her walk right off the show, it was heartbreaking!

8. Jasmine says:

Why does Katims HATE JASMINE? As much as I totally Love This Show, the African-American characters are THE MOST flawed. Has this guy met ANY black people? Guess what, if Jasmine is let go, I am gone too. It will be hard because this show is so good, and I can relate to other family issues on the show. They are
    Excellent, moving, and so reall. Maybe they need at least one Black writer who can bring a little balance to the 2011 Black experience. My daughter is a young attorney who also is a writer. Low and behold, she comes from a warm, loving two parent home. A stay at home mom, father is a doctor AND he is present in her life aa well as loving siblings who are always there. I wonder how she would write for Katims?????