Exclusive

First Look: Smallville's Cassidy Freeman Puts On Quite a Show at Playboy Club

Tess Mercer in satin dinner gloves? Don’t mind if we do.

Smallville alum Cassidy Freeman, as we first told you, has shot a recurring role for NBC’s recently debuted The Playboy Club — playing a socialite with a secret — and TVLine has an exclusive first look at how she matches up with the Dean Cain-like Eddie Cibrian.

Starting with the third episode of Playboy Club (Mondays at 10/9c), Freeman will play Frances Dunhill, a well-heeled Chicago beauty who helps Cibrian’s Nick Dalton with his bid for State’s Attorney by giving him a proper lady (versus a corseted bunny) to have on his arm at public events. The arrangement also benefits Frances, who is putting on this show as a way to please her status-minded father. But trust us, she’d rather be with… someone else.

Check ‘em out, then read on for more….

Before hitting The Playboy Club, Freeman can be seen in the CSI: NY season premiere, airing this Friday on CBS. She also is a cast member of the new A&E drama Longmire, which also stars Robert Taylor (The Matrix) and Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) and recently received a 10-episode order.

1. Newo says:

… If this show even makes it to episode 3

2. Till says:

I’m not sure we’ll see her, the show will be cancel before episode 3 aired :(

3. winnie says:

Yikes! Not really a good look for Miss Freeman. She looks about 40 in that pic and she’s not even 30 yet! Like the others have said – cancelville is more than likely, so Cassidy’s fan will probably have to catch it online.

4. Bo says:

Tess Mercer getting cosy with a Clark Kent look-a-like! (the Dean Cain version, anyway). Smallvile producer Kelly Souders must be wetting her pants. She always wanted Clark to hook up with Tess. The Luthor and Kent episodes kinda made that glaringly obvious.

• winnie says:

Hmmm… I feel a bad pun coming on….The Playboy Club being a super cheesy show, Eddie Cibrian totally channeling Jon Hamm from mad Men, Cassidy Freeman being a totally hammy actress, the rotten tomatoes critiques, the egg-smelling ratings……this episode has the makings of a non-hero sandwich!!

5. Ryan says:

Don’t watch the show, but I’ll be watching Cassidy’s episodes. She looks great!! Can’t wait to have her back on my tv screen again! :)

6. Ryan says:

Matt, you’re just making me wish Dean Cain had landed this show or any other. I can’t belive the stuff he’s been cast in as of late. He’s a great actor and I hope he gets a successful show I can watch him in soon.

7. rod says:

i hope more people start watching this show, i really liked the pilot, if you can pass the set up, it has really great characters and an interesting story

8. Chatty says:

Oh, Matt! Eddie Cibrian wishes he had half the talent and charisma that Dean Cain exudes from every pore. I’m with Ryan: if Dean was the lead on this show, I would watch in a heartbeat!

• Mary says:

I was thinking the same thing. I miss Dean Cain. He was so stinking charming and handsome. He was such an awesome Clark Kent. I hate Eddie Cibrian. Love Dean Cain. It’s a bummer that he never quite found another role that fit him. He was great on Las Vegas and in some of his guest appearances on “Hope and Faith” back in the day. Always hoped he would be paired with Teri Hatcher again someday in another show. Miss seeing his face.

9. Jorge says:

Watching Eddie Cibrian act is like watching a fish in a tank bump into the glass. One expression, and you can’t figure out what it is. The see-them-coming-from-the-Chicago-shoreline setups were bad, and what a surprisingly intelligent,aware, and politically astute group of cocktail waitresses–all apparently on the cusp of some iconic moment in 60′s history–THAT WAS SOME THREE NIGHTS at the Playboy club. Political action homosexual groups, an African -American hottie who has her finger on the pulse of what’s going on (PANDER MUCH, WRITING STAFF?)….

Pan Am was ten times WORSE…their billboards were four flight attendants, the logo of a long-defunct airline, and no words. NOTHING TO SAY…

10. Markus says:

Anything with Eddie Cibrian is a fail. Don’t know who this chick is but both of them look bad. If they wanted to me watch this show maybe they should have cast some one with more charisma than this hack. Well its another show I can put on my do not watch list.

11. mary says:

Cassidy Freeman’s appearances on this show are really the only redeeming facet to it right now for me just as Erica Durance’s appearance on Charlie’s Angels are the only reason I’m turning in to that show.

Cassidy and Erica are, imo, both beautiful and lovely. I hope they both find good projects post Smallville. I wish I wasn’t dreading tuning into the shows they are actually on.

And while we are at it…where the hell is Tom Welling? Will someone please get that man a new freaking role? Preferably doing comedy or something? Because he’s funny. He’s legitimately funny. He’s also better looking than the majority of male leads on television. What is wrong with this picture? Someone please give that man a role in something. He was an awesome Clark Kent. Don’t let him go the way of Dean Cain–another really charming guy that should have had another good role post Clark Kent.

• mstaley3000 says:

I think we will be seeing a lot more of the various Smallville alum. They did great work and were able to show their talents for both drama and comedy on Smallville. As for Tom Welling, I worry that he will disappear from acting in order to concentrate on producing and directing. I would like to see him in a guest role on Supernatural as someone sinister (possibly with an evil Spock goatee). He was very chilling playing Ultraman in the episode Kent when he is having dinner and telling Tess that either Lionel or she would be dead by the end of the night.

12. sarah says:

Tom Welling is a great actor and very good in the role of villain is a beautiful man.TOM back on our screens soon.

13. phill says:

too bad she isn’t a bunny