Fall TV Preview

Charlie's Angels Reboot Eyes Alias Vet Victor Garber to Play Charlie

Meet your new boss, Angels.

After an exhaustive search, Alias star Victor Garber is in final talks to supply the voice of Charlie in ABC’s Charlie’s Angels update, TVLine has confirmed. (The news was first reported by Vulture.)

Hot Video: Charlie’s New Angels Talk Long Hours, Sore Body Parts and Reboot Pressure

Robert Wagner was originally tapped to succeed John Forsythe in the iconic role, but he dropped out shortly after the pilot was shot for personal reasons.

Exclusive First Look: Charlie’s Angels Says Halo to Smallville‘s Erica Durance

For ABC’s sake, let’s hope Garber’s deal closes soon; the much-hyped reboot premieres this Thursday.

Comments (32)

• I LOVE Victor Garber so much!! I think he’ll do a great job.

Comment by Lisa – September 21, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is actually the first good thing I’ve seen about the reboot. He’s good.

Comment by Renee – September 21, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now THAT would be some good casting. Not really interested in the show but “Jack Bristow” could persuade me to give it a chance.

Comment by Alicia – September 21, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Turtle from Entourage wasn’t available?? ;)

Comment by AJ – September 21, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome news! Victor Garber is amazing and his voice will be fantastic!

Comment by Alison – September 21, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FANTASTIC casting!

Also, I want him to portray Jeff Winger’s father on “Community”

Comment by juli – September 21, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *****This!!!!!!

Comment by Amber – September 27, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait so this premieres TOMORROW and they still haven’t closed on Charlie? Wow…..

Comment by WyldeMan45 – September 21, 2011 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment by Kiki – September 21, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Charlie isn’t necessarily in the first ep, and it’s just voiceover work anyway. Not old enough to remember the first run of this very well, but they never actually show him from what I do remember. I kinda assume the first ep will be mostly their background stories and maybe at the end they finally “meet” Charlie or something.

Comment by AJ – September 21, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This makes me wish we’ll get to actually see Charlie! Love Victor Garber. :)

Comment by Mikaylah – September 21, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Victor Garber would be an awesome Charlie. If he signs, hope we get to see him at some point. He might even sing a little something. Great voice! :)

Comment by Jackie – September 21, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh please let it happen. Monday night I was thinking where is Victor Garber and why isn’t he on my TV…the last thing he did was a SyFy movie because he wanted to remodel his bathroom. I adore him. And if we can’t see him every week at least we can listen to him.

Comment by bluebonnetbelle – September 21, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He also played Lisa Kudrow’s husband on her Showtime series Web Therapy this season. He was only on a handful of episodes though.

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 22, 2011 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am such a Victor Garber fan. He is a fantastic actor. I wasn’t going to watch Charlie’s Angels, but just to hear his voice, I might.

Comment by Toni – September 21, 2011 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! I was also going to pass on this, but now I can’t b/c I love Victor Garber.

Comment by Lorie – September 21, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo Hoo…miss Spy Daddy.

Comment by Vannesa – September 21, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s too fantastic to be on that train wreck.

Comment by Tee – September 21, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah he’s awesome…but you’re right he deserves way better than this.

Comment by Buffy Freak – September 22, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if they really singed him, then this reboot will be on my watch list.
    I miss my spydaddy.

Comment by tezuka – September 21, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you realize he is even in the show? It’s just small amounts of voice work. That’s it. How that can make or break a show for a person is a little ridiculous.

Comment by AJ – September 21, 2011 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There is a not missing in that first sentence.

Comment by AJ – September 21, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I also read in other reports that there will be some backstory unfold throughout the season reagrding Charlie. and after his last regular gig on Eli Stone, all tv work he’s in was small roles/ guest spot, i would not mind seeing this reboot just to hear his voice.

Comment by tezuka – September 22, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Spy Daddy!!! I would much rather be watching him still on ELI STONE!! I am sorry to say that I have no interest in this show, but if I did happen to watch, it would be only because of Victor Garber. LOVE HIM!!

Comment by Laugh – September 21, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST choice! Love him and he’s just right for the job!

Comment by Julie – September 22, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that sounds like a good pick

Comment by ames – September 22, 2011 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should get Candice Bergen, they changed Bosley into a youngling, why not change Charlie into a woman?

Comment by raftrap – September 22, 2011 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Victor Garber … ever since GodSpell days in the 70s. Would love to SEE him again. The voice will be great, but hope there are some excuses to show him.

Comment by JAO – September 22, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would tune in if this works out. LOVE him!!

Comment by Kristina – September 22, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Victor Garber is one of my favorite TV actors ever since Alias.

Comment by uhyeahright – September 22, 2011 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super, I think it fits better than Charlie Sheen

Comment by Bogdan – September 22, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say, I thought the show was pretty good. As much as I love Robert Wagner as an actor, I have to admit that his voice has too much of a monotone to really keep interest as Charlie. Although, in many ways this show is VERY different than the original, although fresh and interesting; I think that part of keeping it interesting is for Charlie’s voice needs to act, in a way. His voice, because you don’t see him, should generate interest of it’s own. Victor Garber’s voice does have an interesting quality, even when he is talking in a laid back manner. I certainly hope he can give Charlie’s voice the uplift and intrigue that it needs.

Comment by Lisa – September 23, 2011 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post