Fall TV Preview

The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Tuesday

Coming to your TV screen this week are no less than 60 season and series premieres, so we’re changing things up a bit by going daily with The TVLine-Up. (For those who must plan ahead, here is our complete Fall TV premieres calendar, plus I handily summarize what’s coming up the following day.)

But for now, here’s what’s happening on….

8/7c NCIS (CBS) | TV’s most-watched scripted series promises to kick off its ninth season with five can’t-miss minutes, and a bang. Or Ziva with bangs. (Not sure, my tape was garbled.)

8 pm Glee (Fox) | Nationals shmationals. This season, New Directions prepares to compete in the Universals, against the Bleeknorks of Mars, Qdag Qkronigg from Neptune and Krypton’s Yes We Kandorians. (And then Brittany set down her dream keeper.)

8 pm The Biggest Loser (NBC) | And people said Charlie Sheen wouldn’t land another show. (Season premiere)

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Season 3 begins, starring Teen Choice Award winner Linda Hunt! Clearasil for everyone! (More preview here.)

9 pm Ringer (The CW) | It would seem that Bridget has a baby to make. Or to fake.

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | One of the season’s best new comedies stars Zooey Deschanel as a goofy little sprite who moves in with three guys — one of whom then promptly moves out, to go shack back up with Eliza Coupe. (Read my First Impression preview here.)

9:30 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | Season 2 begins with Jimmy discovering that he once was a very talented singer — until an accident involving a sporting good. (Get gobs more preview here.)

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | I’ve got a big ol’ preview piece going up later, but in a nutshell: With Season 1 out of the way, now it’s time for the storytelling to get more personal. Plus, expect much awkwardness between Megan and Kate now that the latter is “playing doctor” with the doctor’s ex.

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Tonight, you’ve got Danny Trejo kicking ass, flesh-eating ants living up to their reputation, and Randolph Mantooth making us forget about John Gage and Clay Alden.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Kristina frets over Max’s transition to a public school. Meanwhile, Julia at work is all, “Did I say skim vanilla latte? I meant baby.”

10 pm Unforgettable (CBS) | Poppy Montgomery aka the most attractive woman on primetime fronts this new procedural as a former cop who has the Marilu Henner-like ability to remember evvvvverything – like, even who won American Idol four months ago. Freaky, right? (My full preview is here.)

11 pm Awkward (MTV) | For example, Poppy Montgomery might claim we “forgot” the period in this series’ name. Nope, just an editorial decision.

Coming up on Wednesday: The X Factor (Fox), The Middle (hour-long)… Criminal Minds, Modern Family (hour-long), Harry’s Law… CSI, Law & Order: SVU, Revenge (ABC)

1. scooterbeanbag says:

I’m losing more and more interest in Glee as the show progresses so it’s not even on my “must watch live” list anymore. Super excited about Raising Hope though! Love me some Maw Maw!

• Haley says:

I completely agree with you. I decided this morning that while I my love of Glee has waned, my love for Raising Hope has grown exponentially, lol.

• Claudia says:

Totally with you. Everytime I see a ‘Glee’ News Related, it just bores me. Give 90210 a chance instead, the show is going back to basics kinda looking like The OC, seriously!

2. Pat says:

Havent watched SOA yet, but will someday. i will only be tuning into New Girl tonight. Since LOST ended, tuesdays have not really been a TV night in my house

3. Jenny says:

I love Raising Hope, and really happy to see Greyson Chance guest star on the show tonight!!!

4. Juliana says:

Definitely not going to miss Awkward!!!

5. Esaul says:

Watching: NCIS, Ringer, New Girl (again :D), Unforgettable, and my gut says I’m missing a show or two somewhere…

6. ashley says:

90210 tonight @ 8 on the CW, lets not forget about it !! ahah
    lookign forward to seeing how this story plays out.

7. Ryan says:

“Krypton’s Yes We Kandorians” ?? I love you people so much.

8. Rex says:

I’m going to give Glee one last chance to re-woo me. It doesn’t even deserve another chance after its dreadful downspiral and Sam not returning after he and Mercedes finally were thrown a creative bone. Tonight is it. Make it or break it, Glee.

9. Rachel says:

Im staying away from any spoliers since NCIS has been already shown so I really looking for to that and New Girl. 2 Broke girls (last night) was a big let down as was Ringer from last week. So far none of the new shows are impressing me. Crosses fingers for New Girl.

10. Gerald says:

Ringer! I liked the pilot and I will definitely keep watching. The show has a lot of things right- casting, the overall tone and the twists. I particularly liked the whole duality angle and the noir feeling of the pilot.
    That being said there is room for improvement specially with pacing, music and the visual effects. In terms of the last one, I get what they were trying to do with the boat scene as it was an
    obvious homage to Hitchcock films but I agree it looked terrible.
    Overall, it is an interesting, intriguing show with a lot of potential and it has a lot of plot points going on to deal through the following episodes. I just hope people realize that you can’t really judge a show by its pilot and many shows get better with time…. just look at Nikita or even Buffy ( which didn’t have a perfect pilot by any means).

11. Brandy says:

90210,raising Hope,Body ofProof for me. Led 2 broke girls last night.tried ringer but didnt like it.

12. Gia says:

Ringer is the main show to watch! The pilot was amazing, and I think it will get even better from there. Parenthood is a cool show, slowly paced but enjoyable. I’ll try Body of Proof again, it’s passable entertainment, and maybe look at Unforgettable.

13. Shar says:

GLEE suck sooooo muchhhhh

14. Susana says:

everyone is gonna hate me….but i think new girl is the worse name for this serie. to me is always the same girl, the same look, the same hair, character. I like zoey but i prefer she just singings.

15. AT says:

I’m going to see if Ringer gets better. Also, I’ll give Unforgettable a try.

16. MB says:

Going to give the Ringer a second chance. Didn’t like the pilot much because of the corny plot and the dull dialogue. Hopefully the mystery about Bridget’s twin disappearance will keep me hooked.

17. Sivat says:

RINGER!!! I loved the pilot. I will also be watching Glee beforehand. I don’t watch anything at 10.

18. Lily Grey says:

19. KBC says:

Scotty McCreery won Idol. Challenge accepted.

20. georgia says:

I’ll watch Ringer and Parenthood and dvr Body of Proof. Unforgettable sounds contrived and Poppy Montgomery is a terrible actress. The botox doesn’t help either.

21. Carmichael says:

“Poppy Montgomery aka the most attractive woman on primetime” Yeah. No.

• Meri says:

I agree. She is rather attractive, but does zippo for me. I can see the attraction, though. I can see that she’d make it on the list for some people!

22. Crystal says:

Seriously I want Glee to end so badly it hurts inside. It is literally THE worst trend I have had to endure for quite some time. New Girl is the only thing on my tivo tonight. I’m gearing up for thursdays’ big bang theory, THE OFFICE, parks and rec, & community.

23. Gretchen says:

Both NCIS’s, Body of Proof, New Girl for me tonight–TiVoing them, anyways (I don’t watch anything live except baseball).

24. XK says:

I’ll be watching both NCIS shows, New Girl, Raising Hope, and Unforgettable. No more Ringer for me after last week, and I hope New Girl is better than 2 Broke Girls (the other ‘one of the best new comedies’ show) which I was less than thrilled with.

25. Bells says:

“Yes We Kandorians?” That just made my year.

26. Renee says:

Now this night is full for me.

27. Andrea says:

NCIS, NCIS: LA (because Linda Hunt is great as Hetty), and Ringer. I was surprised by how much I liked Ringer.

28. Gerald says:

It really pisses me off when people decide to not watch a new show anymore based on the pilot. The pilot is just to lay the foundation for the episodes to come and to experiment with different ideas or storylines. People please watch Ringer!