TVLine Items: Covert Affairs Sneak Peek, Chuck vs. Luke Skywalker, Closer Casting and More!

According to a brand new (and totally badass!) promo for Covert Affairs, there’s something different about Annie Walker. We won’t spoil what exactly said thing is, but based on the 30 seconds of footage provided by USA Network, it won’t be too hard to figure out.

Take a peek at the preview below — which also features Auggie, Arthur and the rest of the gang — and don’t miss the final six episodes of Covert Affairs‘ second season, premiering Nov. 1 at 10/9c.

Loading video...

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• If you’ve ever thought, “I’d really like to see Chuck Bartowski punch Luke Skywalker in the face,” today is your lucky day! TV Guide Magazine has your first look at Mark Hamill channeling his dark side on the fifth and final season premiere of NBC’s Chuck.

• Elizabeth Perkins is set to guest star in a December episode of TNT’s The Closer. According to EW.com, the Weeds vet will play the scandal-laden wife of an LAPD Police Commissioner, played by Desperate Housewives/Mad Men alum Mark Moses.

• Fresh off of her Emmy upset last Sunday, Melissa McCarthy has sold her first ever network pilot script, Deadline reports. The Mike & Molly star has teamed with her husband Ben Falcone on a multi-camera sitcom for CBS about “a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis.”

Friday Night Lights executive producer Peter Berg will guest star in an episode of his latest small screen venture, NBC’s new drama Prime Suspect, as an ex-lover of Maria Bello’s hardened detective Jane, EW.com reports.

Big Brother champ Rachel Reilly is returning to CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful as a Bikini Beach server for the soap’s Oct. 28 and Oct. 31 Halloween episodes, per TVGuide.com.

• Margarita Levieva (Adventureland) has been added as a recurring player on ABC’s new series Revenge (premiering this Wednesday, Sept. 21). She’ll play “a stripper with a sordid past,” EW.com reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (19)

• If you’ve ever thought, “I’d really like to see Chuck Bartowski punch Luke Skywalker in the face,” —-I actually think this all the time. :) Team Bartowski!

Comment by Asha – September 20, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My 4 word analysis of that Covert Affairs promo: Sandy Cohen. Leather Jacket.

Comment by Melissa – September 20, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love this.

No matter how much time passes, he’ll always be Sandy Cohen to me. :)

Comment by Lauren – September 20, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My comment re-posted: I can’t wait. Mark Hamill looks so small in the picture against Chuck’s 6’4″ …. get your light-saber out of the storage, Luke!

Comment by PPPG – September 20, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like ashton on three n half men!!!! I never tuned in much but my baby cush cush on there.. It’s on.. Demmy don’t be mad but yo man almost fine as mine!!! LOLOLOL! I will be watching every epp..I wish.. I was in studio audience did’nt have no cloths on.. wowee dats something to see…

Comment by Janita Babej – September 20, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • america’s education system in the twitter age at work, people!!! i could write a better paragraph when i was eight.

Comment by jj – September 20, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I find it amusing that you criticized someone else’s writing skills when you failed to use capitalization correctly. ROFLMAO!

Comment by SAM – September 21, 2011 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Covert Affairs! GREAT SHOW!

Comment by L – September 20, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh. Covert Affairs is lack luster at best. I appreciate your opinion but honestly they can’t even get the small details right much less the big ones. I honestly wish they would just bring Alias back, because we all know this is what Covert Affairs is trying to be…except it is its kindergarten version.
      (by details I mean…the CIA isn’t allowed to run ops on U.S. soil, small details you think they would get right would be: how to hang the U.S. flag on military and government installations. Yet in every show it is hanging incorrectly!)

Comment by s – September 20, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. The only reason I watch is Christopher Gorham (aka Henry Grubstick ;)). =) I loved “Alias.”

Comment by Brittany – September 20, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Back off Brittany, Chris is MINE! LOL

Comment by Stormy – September 20, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Chris is cute and has a good body but Sendhil Ramamurthy is soooo beautiful. When are they gonna get him shirtless?! I wanna see what he’s got underneath those suits he’s always wearing!

Comment by Rebecca – September 20, 2011 06:26 PM PDT
        • Amen to that! I’d never seen Chris Gorham before this so I can’t say anything about other roles, but he is so cute as Auggie! Really the only reason I’ve ever watched the show. The minor details don’t bother me much, cause I’m probably only paying close attention on his scenes. :)

Comment by Mere – September 20, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah, the show if fluff. but it’s entertaining fluff. i really wasn’t interested first season, but i gave it another chance this summer and was pleasantly surprised. you just can’t take it very seriously.

Comment by jj – September 20, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Section 901 – USA Patriot Act. 9/11 changed how intelligence gathering is conducted. While the FBI is an investigative agency with full remit for intelligence gathering, the CIA can and does get involved. Interesting times considering none of us realize this lovely change. No guns blazing for the Spooks…unlike the Feebs. But they CAN and DO gather intelligence on US Soil.

Comment by Jules – October 2, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that Chris Gorham is very good looking. I was actually more into the show the first season than I am in the second season. For me it is the small details that makes a show. Fluff or not.
    I love watching Piper’s fight scenes and knowing that there is a stunt person doing the work because you can’t see the faces and the shoes change from shot to shot!
    I am a bit picky about the American flag. What can I say, it is the smallest thing that has prominent display in a lot of scenes. To me, its a respect issue. Funny how a show about the CIA can’t get it right but a show about criminals (Sons of Anarchy) can!
    The other problem is that if you read the stuff here about the show it says that they want to be taken more seriously and not as fluff.

Comment by S – September 21, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give Annie a gun, for heaven’s sake. As far as I know, the CIA doesn’t have any Gandhi’s in the field.

Comment by filmex – September 22, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She can’t carry a gun on US soil. The CIA is not an investigative body. Annie didn’t carry a gun for most of the two series because she’d not completed her course on The Farm. Also, for those who question CIA intelligence gathering on US soil? You may want to check how USA Patriot Act changed all that before you foo foo the concept. :)

Comment by Jules – October 2, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Specifically…section 901. If you’re REALLY looking for the info.

Comment by Jules – October 2, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post