TVLine Items: Covert Affairs Sneak Peek, Chuck vs. Luke Skywalker, Closer Casting and More!

According to a brand new (and totally badass!) promo for Covert Affairs, there’s something different about Annie Walker. We won’t spoil what exactly said thing is, but based on the 30 seconds of footage provided by USA Network, it won’t be too hard to figure out.

Take a peek at the preview below — which also features Auggie, Arthur and the rest of the gang — and don’t miss the final six episodes of Covert Affairs‘ second season, premiering Nov. 1 at 10/9c.

Loading video...

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• If you’ve ever thought, “I’d really like to see Chuck Bartowski punch Luke Skywalker in the face,” today is your lucky day! TV Guide Magazine has your first look at Mark Hamill channeling his dark side on the fifth and final season premiere of NBC’s Chuck.

• Elizabeth Perkins is set to guest star in a December episode of TNT’s The Closer. According to EW.com, the Weeds vet will play the scandal-laden wife of an LAPD Police Commissioner, played by Desperate Housewives/Mad Men alum Mark Moses.

• Fresh off of her Emmy upset last Sunday, Melissa McCarthy has sold her first ever network pilot script, Deadline reports. The Mike & Molly star has teamed with her husband Ben Falcone on a multi-camera sitcom for CBS about “a woman in her mid-40s who has a spectacular midlife crisis.”

Friday Night Lights executive producer Peter Berg will guest star in an episode of his latest small screen venture, NBC’s new drama Prime Suspect, as an ex-lover of Maria Bello’s hardened detective Jane, EW.com reports.

Big Brother champ Rachel Reilly is returning to CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful as a Bikini Beach server for the soap’s Oct. 28 and Oct. 31 Halloween episodes, per TVGuide.com.

• Margarita Levieva (Adventureland) has been added as a recurring player on ABC’s new series Revenge (premiering this Wednesday, Sept. 21). She’ll play “a stripper with a sordid past,” EW.com reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Asha says:

If you’ve ever thought, “I’d really like to see Chuck Bartowski punch Luke Skywalker in the face,” —-I actually think this all the time. :) Team Bartowski!

2. Melissa says:

My 4 word analysis of that Covert Affairs promo: Sandy Cohen. Leather Jacket.

3. PPPG says:

My comment re-posted: I can’t wait. Mark Hamill looks so small in the picture against Chuck’s 6’4″ …. get your light-saber out of the storage, Luke!

4. Janita Babej says:

I like ashton on three n half men!!!! I never tuned in much but my baby cush cush on there.. It’s on.. Demmy don’t be mad but yo man almost fine as mine!!! LOLOLOL! I will be watching every epp..I wish.. I was in studio audience did’nt have no cloths on.. wowee dats something to see…

5. L says:

Can’t wait for Covert Affairs! GREAT SHOW!

• s says:

Ugh. Covert Affairs is lack luster at best. I appreciate your opinion but honestly they can’t even get the small details right much less the big ones. I honestly wish they would just bring Alias back, because we all know this is what Covert Affairs is trying to be…except it is its kindergarten version.
      (by details I mean…the CIA isn’t allowed to run ops on U.S. soil, small details you think they would get right would be: how to hang the U.S. flag on military and government installations. Yet in every show it is hanging incorrectly!)

• Brittany says:

I agree. The only reason I watch is Christopher Gorham (aka Henry Grubstick ;)). =) I loved “Alias.”

• Stormy says:

Back off Brittany, Chris is MINE! LOL

• Rebecca says:

Chris is cute and has a good body but Sendhil Ramamurthy is soooo beautiful. When are they gonna get him shirtless?! I wanna see what he’s got underneath those suits he’s always wearing!

• Mere says:

Amen to that! I’d never seen Chris Gorham before this so I can’t say anything about other roles, but he is so cute as Auggie! Really the only reason I’ve ever watched the show. The minor details don’t bother me much, cause I’m probably only paying close attention on his scenes. :)

• jj says:

yeah, the show if fluff. but it’s entertaining fluff. i really wasn’t interested first season, but i gave it another chance this summer and was pleasantly surprised. you just can’t take it very seriously.

• Jules says:

Section 901 – USA Patriot Act. 9/11 changed how intelligence gathering is conducted. While the FBI is an investigative agency with full remit for intelligence gathering, the CIA can and does get involved. Interesting times considering none of us realize this lovely change. No guns blazing for the Spooks…unlike the Feebs. But they CAN and DO gather intelligence on US Soil.

6. S says:

I agree that Chris Gorham is very good looking. I was actually more into the show the first season than I am in the second season. For me it is the small details that makes a show. Fluff or not.
    I love watching Piper’s fight scenes and knowing that there is a stunt person doing the work because you can’t see the faces and the shoes change from shot to shot!
    I am a bit picky about the American flag. What can I say, it is the smallest thing that has prominent display in a lot of scenes. To me, its a respect issue. Funny how a show about the CIA can’t get it right but a show about criminals (Sons of Anarchy) can!
    The other problem is that if you read the stuff here about the show it says that they want to be taken more seriously and not as fluff.

7. filmex says:

Give Annie a gun, for heaven’s sake. As far as I know, the CIA doesn’t have any Gandhi’s in the field.

• Jules says:

She can’t carry a gun on US soil. The CIA is not an investigative body. Annie didn’t carry a gun for most of the two series because she’d not completed her course on The Farm. Also, for those who question CIA intelligence gathering on US soil? You may want to check how USA Patriot Act changed all that before you foo foo the concept. :)