Counterpunch! Charlie Sheen Stars In Comedy Central's Most-Watched Roast Ever

No, it’s not 28.7 million viewers. But it’s something.

On the same night that his former stomping grounds, Two and a Half Men, scored its largest audience and demos ever, Charlie Sheen gave Comedy Central its most-watched roast in channel history.

Monday’s Roast of Charlie Sheen drew 6.4 million total viewers with its 10 o’clock airing, while scoring a 4.5 rating in the 18-49 demo. It also registered an 8.7 rating in the cabler’s targeted Men 18-34 demo. All of those tallies represent all-time highs for Comedy Central roasts.

Ratings: Two and a Half Men Gets Very High Sans Sheen, With a Record 28.7 Million Viewers

Across multiple plays, more than 10 million people saw Sheen get his.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. DJ Doena says:

IMHO the roast was way funnier than the new TaaHM.

But that’s just me.

2. FedUp says:

Starred!? All he had to do was sit there while people told the truth about him.LOL

3. Chmarin says:

The WORST roast so far. Sheen was just a super easy target.

I missed Whitney Cummings & Lisa Lampanelli.

• Hmoore says:

You’re an idiot, this roast trumped Donald Trumps roast and every other roast before it

• John says:

Bitter much? He can express his opinion without being called an idiot. Just because one is not obsessed with Charlie Sheen to the extent that we do not find him or his jokes funny anymore (or jokes directed at him) does not make us idiots.

Donald Trump’s roast was much funnier, imo. Lisa Lampanelli, the “Queen of Mean”, was sorely missed. None of the guys on the dais were very witty. Don’t even get me started on Mike Tyson.

• brentbent says:

Humor is subjective and calling somebody an idiot for disagreeing with your assessment of a roast makes you sound like the idiot. Personally, I thought it was hilarious and Sheen was a pretty good sport through out unlike Trump who was white knuckling his chair the whole evening. Don’t jump on people for having a different opinion over a tv show, especially something comedy oriented.

• Jerri says:

Yes, Lisa lampanelli was missed. But she tweeted during the Roast, so at least there’s some consolation there.

• Julie says:

I know Whitney has her show now, but I did miss Lisa. Gotta admit though that Amy chick did one hell of a job and I hope she sticks around. I do wish that Seth stays the roast until he gets to be roasted (he could still host himself while at it). Mike Tyson made me uncomfortable but I guesh thatsh jush caush itsh Mike Tython (hehe!).
      It wasn’t that bad of a roast, but it totally kicked last year’s roast’s butt by a few million miles! *Remembers that Jersey Shore dumbash urgh*

4. JJ says:

I thought the funniest thing about the roast is how it was so obvious that not a single one them watch Grey’s Anatomy. All of them made fun of Kate Walsh for being on that show, and not even knowing that she’s not in there anymore. I thought the blond girl though

5. Aidan Williams says:

I am so happy with the ratings for Season 9 of Two and a Half Men this means it could go on for more Seasons. So Happy

• olivia says:

not so sure the ratings were what they were because mostly because of curiosity about Charlie character deah/demise and intro of Ashton was really boring.

• Kate says:

I totally disagree. I thought the original 2.5 Men was unfunny and boring but the reboot last night made me laugh. I hope it sticks around – I’d watch again for sure. Didn’t watch the roast – I am completely over Charlie Sheen.

• Hmoore says:

You realize that the amount of viewers for the upcoming TaaHM episodes will not even be close to 28 million, the only reason there were so many viewers is because it was the premier.

• KevyB says:

DUH! Really? I never would have thought of that!!! DUH! 2 1/2 was actually funny until Ashton showed up. Not his fault as his introduction needed a lot of exposition, which is usually a laugh killer. We’ll see if the show can get beyond big penis jokes for him.

6. Juliet says:

The roast was really great and Two and a Half Men a real bore and mean petty sadly..
    Will wait for Sheen new sitcom i think.

7. Kat Ande says:

Charlie Sheen’s roast at least offered a little more variety in the delusional hollywood world of self centered egos. Two and half men was pathetic. Ashton whatever’s character BORES me….and the rest of the cast can’t hold their own anyway. I predict the show will go to an all time low rating in a few months…..

8. brentbent says:

AK’s taut body doesn’t match his grizzly bear look for his face. Making him a billionaire seems like a major mistake. And having him go from my heart is so broken I’m going to kill myself unless you take me back to a Sheen clone man whore in ten minutes was utterly unbelievable as a premise. And let’s not forget AK acting skills are more wooden than Keanu Reeves’. I think 2.5 men, as an ensemble show, is decent enough but not hilarious like Sunny in Philly, Archer, or Raising Hope. With AK at the helm I’m not sure how long I will stick around as his only thing in the pro column is his tight body and how long can that last as a show’s selling point? Especially when it’s matched to such a horribly hairy face and hippy hair? And I don’t have a problem with bearded men or hippies, but it just doesn’t match well with his body type or the personality he has for the show. It seems like AK was like, “This is how I like to look in real life so my character will have to look like that too,” and nobody dared to tell him that look makes him look ugly. Shave the beard, cut the hair, and force the writers to be more realistic in his character’s progression. Nobody goes from a loving sap to man whore in less than 24 hours.

9. Sarah says:

I enjoyed both 2 and a Half Men as well as the Roast last night. I thought female representation was strongly lacking. I’m not even a huge fan of female comedians in general but come on, a non comedian actress and an unknown? Kinda missed Lisa Lampanelli…

10. dq18 says:

I enjoyed 2.5 Men, it was slightly awkward but that was to be expected. I tried to think of it as a pilot, and those always have a few glitches. I’ve watched part of the roast, but not all of it yet. It seems to be funny, but unless it gets better it still won’t beat my favorite roast: Bob Saget. Roasts just aren’t the same without Greg Giraldo. RIP :o(

11. Amber says:

I’m definitely no Charlie Sheen fan, but I kinda liked the roast. I missed the Two and a Half Men premiere. I got so sick of the promos for it. They were acting like it was the second coming. Plus I personally find Ashton Kutcher to be way more of a d-bag than Charlie Sheen. Again…I’m no Charlie Sheen fan either.

12. Aimee Jones says:

Aimee Jones

13. eli says:

Charlie Sheen should run for president!!