Fall TV Preview

Exclusive: Fox's New Girl Enlists Lake Bell and Natasha Lyonne

Fox’s New Girl is having no trouble making friends.

The sublime new comedy (premiering tonight at 9/8c) about a quirky, broken-hearted girl (Zooey Deschanel) who moves in with a trio of guys, has snapped up funny ladies Lake Bell and Natasha Lyonne to guest star, TVLine has learned.

Bell, who can currently be seen on Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, “comes on in Episode 3 and plays a potential love interest for Jake Johnson’s character Nick,” Max Greenfield, who plays one of the roomies, tell us.

Fall TV First Impression: Check Out the New Girl

Additionally, Lyonne — best known from the American Pie movies — will appear in an upcoming episode as a wedding guest who Schmidt (Greenfield) can’t stand, but always ends up having sex with at nuptials.

Lyonne and Bell join a roster of guest stars that includes Justin Long as a love interest for Jess and Katie Cassidy as “someone I’m in love with,” previews Greenfield.

“I don’t know if she’s interested in loving me back,” he adds. “She’s someone that I’ve known and that I’m slightly obsessed with.”

Comments (10)

• Katie Cassidy??? I’m getting more and more excited about this show :D It’ll be interesting to see how she does comedy, being that I’m only used to her scheming ways on Gossip Girl.

Comment by Carla – September 20, 2011 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see Natasha Lyonne healthy and back on screen

Comment by Jessica – September 20, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving all these guest stars! Best new comedy this fall!

Comment by Kate – September 20, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched it…it’s cute. I like it and will watch it again

Comment by Silkrose – September 20, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished the first episode of the show. It wasn’t as funny as Community for instance, and it suffered a little, IMO, from having some of its best punchlines blown in the promos, but I still thought it was super cute and funny. It was only the first episode too, and it was most definitely a heck of a lot funnier than Glee. I’ll definitely be keeping up on this one, especially with Lake Bell and Katie Cassidy coming on.

Comment by Dude – September 21, 2011 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was completely awful. They expect way too much out of the audience off the bat. All the characters are terrible and TOO over the top.

Comment by Adam M. – September 21, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like they switched black guys and expected no one to notice. I guess the limit is on per show.

Comment by CeCe – September 27, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love new girl can’t wait till it comes back on :D

Comment by Steph – October 20, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vor meiner Sexchat will ich dich kennenlernen und wenn du mir sympathisch bist kann es auch
    gut sein das wir uns real zu einem Sextreffen verabreden.

Comment by sex cam – April 9, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that the people sometimes is smarter, because otherwise there will always be war. Cams would be much better for all but also with Muslim roots. We bring us down one, so the anger of the matter is settled. They also occasionally drink lukewarm tea which has led me to results.

Comment by Camsex – June 3, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post