Exclusive: Fox's New Girl Enlists Lake Bell and Natasha Lyonne

Fox’s New Girl is having no trouble making friends.

The sublime new comedy (premiering tonight at 9/8c) about a quirky, broken-hearted girl (Zooey Deschanel) who moves in with a trio of guys, has snapped up funny ladies Lake Bell and Natasha Lyonne to guest star, TVLine has learned.

Bell, who can currently be seen on Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital, “comes on in Episode 3 and plays a potential love interest for Jake Johnson’s character Nick,” Max Greenfield, who plays one of the roomies, tell us.

Fall TV First Impression: Check Out the New Girl

Additionally, Lyonne — best known from the American Pie movies — will appear in an upcoming episode as a wedding guest who Schmidt (Greenfield) can’t stand, but always ends up having sex with at nuptials.

Lyonne and Bell join a roster of guest stars that includes Justin Long as a love interest for Jess and Katie Cassidy as “someone I’m in love with,” previews Greenfield.

“I don’t know if she’s interested in loving me back,” he adds. “She’s someone that I’ve known and that I’m slightly obsessed with.”

1. Carla says:

Katie Cassidy??? I’m getting more and more excited about this show :D It’ll be interesting to see how she does comedy, being that I’m only used to her scheming ways on Gossip Girl.

2. Jessica says:

So happy to see Natasha Lyonne healthy and back on screen

3. Kate says:

I am loving all these guest stars! Best new comedy this fall!

4. Silkrose says:

I watched it…it’s cute. I like it and will watch it again

5. Dude says:

Just finished the first episode of the show. It wasn’t as funny as Community for instance, and it suffered a little, IMO, from having some of its best punchlines blown in the promos, but I still thought it was super cute and funny. It was only the first episode too, and it was most definitely a heck of a lot funnier than Glee. I’ll definitely be keeping up on this one, especially with Lake Bell and Katie Cassidy coming on.

6. Adam M. says:

This show was completely awful. They expect way too much out of the audience off the bat. All the characters are terrible and TOO over the top.

7. CeCe says:

Looks like they switched black guys and expected no one to notice. I guess the limit is on per show.

8. Steph says:

Love new girl can’t wait till it comes back on :D

9. sex cam says:

Vor meiner Sexchat will ich dich kennenlernen und wenn du mir sympathisch bist kann es auch
    gut sein das wir uns real zu einem Sextreffen verabreden.

10. Camsex says:

I hope that the people sometimes is smarter, because otherwise there will always be war. Cams would be much better for all but also with Muslim roots. We bring us down one, so the anger of the matter is settled. They also occasionally drink lukewarm tea which has led me to results.