Dancing With the Stars Week 1 Results: Did the Right Couple Get the Boot?

Who says being George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend isn’t a valid career choice? Yes, folks, Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy, who exhibited all the artistic flair of two Idaho potatoes soaking in a pot of tepid water on Monday night’s performance show, somehow managed to [SPOILERS AHEAD] survive the first results-show telecast of Dancing With the Stars’ 13th season — and didn’t even wind up “in jeopardy.”

Instead, the three couples who weren’t immediately sent to safety by Emmy-nominated Tom Bergeron and his sparkly robot sidekick Brooke Burke included:

Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke
Ron ArtestMeta World Peace and Peta Murgatroyd
Nancy Grace and Tristan McManus

And the couple with the overall lowest total of judges’ scores and viewer votes was…Meta and Peta. “All I wanna know is who’s coming with me?” asked Meta, pumping his fists in the air in triumph, then giving props to his neophyte pro partner. “Thanks to ABC, Dancing With the Stars, and Peta. It was awesome. I had a great, great time.”

But here’s a crucial question for all of you Dancing lovers: Did the right couple go home? If not, then who should’ve faced elimination? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. lariet50 says:

Wow. Didn’t watch, so this surprises me. I thought for sure Artest had the fan base to at least get him to week two.

• Dr. Matt says:

Artest has a large fan base, but they’re NBA fans and don’t watch DWTS. And he wasn’t good enough at dancing for non-basketball fans to vote for him.

2. Isis says:

Elisabetta was saved only because voters want to see Val again. ;-)

3. Mary says:

Absolutely the right person went home. Totally unmemorable.

4. Lucia says:

Being “in jeopardy” means absolutely nothing on Dancing with the Stars. They usually choose two random couples plus the bottom couple to form the three couples in jeopardy. The other two couples are not necessarily even in the bottom three.

• Meri says:

Here here! Jeopardy is just a ruse to create drama. I do think that the rest of the people in the bottom 3 will go over the next two weeks, though, unless Nancy Grace’s fan base keeps here there a week later than Elizabetta, unless E turns it around next week, which is possible. After all, I remember in the beginning of Kendra’s season, before the dancing started everyone thought she was going to take it home!

5. Eddie Z says:

Absolutely. The right person went home.

6. bmc9999 says:

Ron/Metta was awful but I was still hoping for Rob Kardashian to go home. He comes off like a spoiled brat with no work ethic on all of his clips. He took the spot from someone who may have actually wanted to be there – not someone who was forced to be there by his mother. At least Ron/Metta looked like he was engaged and wanted to dance.

• MDEP says:

So agree with this comment. I generally try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but he does come off as not wanting to be there, and a bit lazy comapred to everyone else. Ron/Meta definitely seemed like he wanted to be there and that he would have been entertaining, but his dancing was the worst of the bunch.

7. Kim R says:

I think the right person went home. His yellowish hair kind of creeped him out on Monday night, dancing aside. :)

8. GS says:

I would have preferred to see Elisabetta go but I agree with those who say Val is the reason she stayed. Hopefully she’ll go next week. Rob K reminds me of Boston Rob from Survivor but without the charm. Cheryl will keep him around a while. As long as JR, Chynna, David, Carson, Chaz, and Ricki stick around, I don’t care which order the others go.

9. John Henderson says:

Surprised Ronnie Artest didn’t charge into the audience and start beating someone up. Big mistake putting him on the show in the first place.

10. Genie says:

If Ron had an established pro partner he probably would have stayed and Elisabetta would have gone home, but the hair didn’t do him any favors and he went first people forgot about him because his dance wasn’t memorable. Val is hoooot, so they got votes because of him

11. I wanted Hope Solo do get the ax. I despise her.

12. Elisa says:

I think the right person went home. He was terrible and seemed so cocky. Disgusting! I don’t like Kardashian much and agree that he came across as a spoiled brat who did not want to be there, but he was still an improvement over Artest. As for Elisabetta, she was wooden and seemed out of her element, but was still better than the other two. She might improve as weeks pass, only time will tell.

13. Lana says:

Meta is not the most favorite of NBA players, when someone from the NFL or NBA is on their fans do watch and vote but Meta is not that popular. He is an a@@ when he is playing so why would he think he would get enough fans to vote for him. This looks like a fun group to watch grow on the dance floor. Right now I’m voting for Chaz but will start voting for others as they get better. Normally I vote for who I think danced the best ( okay I will admit I voted for Donny no matter how he did but he was my idol back in the day) but I will be supporting Chaz because of all the ugly things people were saying of a very sweet guy and I wanted to make sure he gets a chance for people to know him. Besides he moved pretty good for a big guy!!

14. Mike says:

This show is such a farce. If it’s really about picking who is the best dancer, Chaz should have been the first to go. Who cares if he is Cher’s fat boy and that she might make an appearance on the show. That’s not what it’s all about. Kristin is a WAY BETTER dancer.