Supernatural Scoop: D.J. Qualls Annoys Dean

D.J. Qualls will be clashing with one of the Winchesters during Supernatural‘s seventh season.

The Memphis Beat costar and onetime Road Tripper will play Garth, a “quirky, laid-back hunter,” Zap2It reports.

Exclusive Supernatural Video: Dean and Sam Bow Down to Castiel

Garth doesn’t hit it off with Dean in the installment, titled “Time for a Wedding.” But when the world needs saving, you have to make due with what you’ve got, right?

Qualls’ other credits include the film Hustle & Flow as well as a guest stint on My Name Is Earl (playing Joy’s brother-in-law, Ray-Ray).

Supernatural, Fringe, Grimm or CSI: NY: What Will You Watch Fridays at 9?

Season 7 of The CW’s Supernatural premieres this Friday, Sept. 23, at 9/8c.

1. Marc says:

Awww, the original title for this episode (It’s Season 7, Time For A Wedding!) was funnier than what appears to be the new/final title. Not sure how I feel about this, I’m getting kind of tired with Dean being at odds with almost every hunter he meets.

• selen says:

At odds with every hunter he mets, really?
      He seemed to get along great with Rufus, Bobby, Ellen,
      Jo, Ash, the couple in The Magnificent Seven,
      even Gordon – till he started a personal vendetta against Sam.
      The only hunters he had a problem with to my recollection are
      Walt and Roy, and they shot him and Sam, so …

• Max says:

@Selen. You are awesome.

• Marc says:

Well there were the two who shot him, his not getting along with Gordon lasted longer than him getting along with Gordon, there was Christian, Grandpa and the hunter who got himself killed in Metamorphosis.. I guess it’s also because we just came off a season where he ran into hunters he didn’t like and I didn’t really care for it then either. Still, I’ll try keeping an open mind. I know Christian was a family member but I just thought his confrontations with Dean were more annoying than compelling — I just don’t want it to happen again with this Garth character.

• LIly says:

Gordan tried to kill Sam, Christian was possessed by a demon,and the hunter in Metamorphosis didn’t get along with Sam, not Dean. So Sam has more problems with hunters than Dean. I’m still hoping Dean will catch up with Walt and Roy and teach them a lesson about messing with Dean Winchester!

• Johanna says:

Selen! You go girl!

• coffee438 says:

Sounds like Dean is exasperated with Garth who appears to be a knucklehead

2. lorna says:

Haha this guy is awesome, I cannot wait!!

3. Bella says:

I love the quirky characters D.J. Qualls plays. He’s a big asset to Memphis Beat. I haven’t watched Supernatural the last couple of years, but might have to start.

4. Sivat says:

Dude looks anorexic.

5. Scott says:

D.J. Qualls looks like he’d make a great Vulture in a future Spider-Man!

6. Qina says:

I live in indonesia so I don’t know about memphis beat. But i’ve seen d.j qualls at one episode of big bang theory. He’s great in that sitcom, playing smart friend of Sheldon and he’s quirky too in there, i like him there. I really like to see how’s his quirkiness in supernatural. I

• Julie says:

hehe! That episode came on TV here yesterday! (just had to write it!)
      I adored him in The New Guy; thought he was funny and all. So I hope that he will bring that with him on the show!

7. Holly says:

I am so bummed that Eureka only has one more season. After tonight’s season finale, I am left wondering… Is Jo gone for good?!?!

8. Ariel says:

The name Garth does not remember the episode 6.04 “Weekend at Bobby ‘s” when Bobby speaks on the phone with a Garth, which appear to be a little bungling?! =)

9. Dee says:

Is he the one that Bobby asks “How are you still alive” to?

That dude looks too emaciated to be a hunter. I wonder if he is the one that will marry?

Dean is wary of other hunters because he does not know motives or what agendas they might have, and after Walt and Roy, he does have a point.

He is smart like that :)

10. Lyss says:

DJ Qualls was sooo funny in The New Guy. He may be thin but there is something sexy about him.. Love the name Garth too… Jenson Ackles loves Garth Brooks. His favorite.. Can’t wait to see them at it. Dean respects other hunters. They cross him first.

11. Dean/Castiel-Girl says:

Can’t wait to see him on Supernatural! I thought D.J. was really funny in “The New Guy” & “Lonestar State of Mind”. There are a few guest stars I’m excitied to see this season, D.J Qualls, James Marsters, Chrisma Carptenter….I just REALLY hope Misha is back after episode 2 this season!!