Emmys

Is Friday Night Lights' Kyle Chandler Plotting a Return to TV? Watch Video, Examine Clues...

Poor Kyle Chandler. Even before the Friday Night Lights star made it into the Emmys last night (and picked up the Lead Actor in a Drama Series trophy), he was stressed. “I’m just trying to get through this,” he admitted when I tried to get him to open up about the prospect of a movie based on the series (which was, of course, based on a movie).

But, I did get him to give us an update on the progress of his TV comeback. Although I may want to reconsider calling it that… You’ll see why.

Loading video...

Connie Britton on FNL Feature Film: ‘Tami Will Never Be the Same’

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Video

1. Jesse says:

Need to put on some LL Cool J… “Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years…”

2. Meg says:

” . . .the prospect of a movie based on the series (which was, of course, based on a movie).”

Which, of course, was based on a book. Let’s not forget that, as withhout the nonfiction novel by H. G. Bissinger, we would not have had the movie or the TV show, both of which were excellent.

3. Ellen in NYC says:

I love that guy! I even love how unprepared he was for the win. I just hope that a quality series, a successful movie in Super 8, and this Emmy will translate into another great TV series.

4. kikay says:

Such a humble and grateful actor! A much deserved Emmy for Kyle…

5. Amy says:

Congrats Kyle. I’ll bet Shamda is kicking herself for blowing you up on Grey’s. You would have been a kick ass addition and loved your chemistry with Pompeo especially, “I don’t like you very much!” Best of luck in the future and great work on Friday Night Lights.

6. Amy says:

I have never been so happy to see someone win an Emmy. Kyle Chandler is brilliant in anything he does (including Dylan on Grey’s!).

7. Melissa says:

Best part of the Emmy’s! I cheered out loud when his name was read. I love Kyle Chandler and will watch anything he acts in. What an amazing actor!

8. Alex says:

Love how BS-free and unshowbiz-like he is. He’s just an (amazing) actor, not someone looking for fame.
    Still so so happy for his and FNL’s huge WINS!

9. wicked says:

Just wanna agree with previous posters… Never get excited when people I like watching on TV get rewards, but seeing KChandler receive that statute really felt deserving, most of all. Think he brought so much to the part, not every actor could do the intensity of emotions so well, often without using any words at all. I really do hope he chooses another awesome part in an awesome show again!