Emmys

How I Met Your Mother's Cobie Smulders Weighs In On Team Barney vs. Team Kal Penn

Neil Patrick Harris or Kal Penn? That is the question. Or at least that was the question when I cornered How I Met Your Mother’s Cobie Smulders before the Emmys on Sunday.

HIMYM‘s Best Song and Dance Moments

The actress-turned-Emmytone had an awful lot of nice things to say about her new leading man, but does that mean she’s quit Team Barney?

Watch the clip and find out!

Loading video...

Comments (16)

• She’s gorg and I felt so bad for her and the other Emmytones.

I prefer Kal for Robin, well actually I prefer Ted but that ship has sailed. Barney & Robin are good hangin buddies though.

Comment by ultimate troll – September 19, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Barney and Robin, please! Nora and Kal Penn’s character can run off together.

Comment by Wendy – September 19, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BARNEY AND ROBIN!! I really hope that Robin is the one Barney marries.!!

Comment by Amanda – September 19, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that Cobie gets a say in the writing but her being team Swarkles just made my day!

Comment by lacey – September 19, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team ROBIN, here. I mean, seriously, give me Independent Robin over Relationship Robin and I’ll be a happy camper.

Comment by Kendall – September 19, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love to see Independent Robin and Relationship Robin meld into a confident woman. Hopefully that’s what happens with the character being in therapy this season.

Comment by Meg – September 19, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s totally Robin/Barney endgame. :) I’m sure they’ll throw twists and turns in to make us think otherwise throughout the season, but that entire first episode was full of hints pointing to Robin being the bride, especially the end where Lily comes in and tells Ted the bride needs to see him.

Comment by SK – September 19, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah, right? i mean that sort of sealed the deal for me, it has to be robin.

Comment by murley – September 22, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Swarkles even more after the season premiere. Which was awesome!

Comment by Amy – September 19, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so excited when Michael Trucco showed up as an ex-boyfriend last season. He’s the one I would have wanted her with. But, as I’m glad Fairly Legal will be back, that dream is gone. But why not Alexis Denisof as a softer, gentler, wiser Sandy Rivers? I’d love to see him back on the show.

Comment by Doris – September 20, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how about they bring alexis denisof back in any way, shape or form. more sandy rivers!!

Comment by murley – September 22, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was that Lindsay Fonseca as the future daughter on the couch?Looks like her….

Comment by shaun – September 20, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Swarkles? I love it!

Comment by lariet50 – September 20, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post