Emmys

Glee Exclusive: Kevin McHale on Artie's Fresh Role at McKinley and His 'New' Leading Ladies

On the red carpet on his way into the Emmys on Sunday, Kevin McHale – aka Artie from Glee – tried to be all Tales From the Cryptic. Operative word: tried.

Glee‘s Chris Colfer: Season 3 Plot “Makes Me Love Kurt and Blaine Even More”

Before I was done with him, he’d spilled the beans on his character’s new role at McKinley High, his new leading ladies (plural!) and what is likely to be the season’s most talked-about musical number. Click play below and revel in the scoop!

Loading video...
TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, Glee, News, Scoop, Spoilers, Video

1. Sarah says:

Its probably Lea and Amber he’s speaking about

2. Sam says:

I love Kevin McHale! I absolutely loved that they gave him more songs last season hopefully they keep it up.

3. Anon says:

i think the scene he is talking about is Run the world… (girls) by Beyonce

4. Matt says:

He was referring to Idina Menzel

5. Tiffany says:

I’ve already read that he is part of the school play director team with Coach Bieste and Emma. So that would most likely be the leading ladies. Not sure why Michael loves to tease us that he got scoop. Pretty much what we got here was “I talked to Kevin and he hinted at some stuff that is not very specific, but hey, there’s video!”

6. madhatter says:

Whenever they say Glee is going back to its roots part of me goes “You’re only in season 3, how far back could you possibly go?” That being said, the first 13 episodes were amazing and way better than what’s been on since.

7. Puckleberry says:

Tomorrow is Glee Day! Woo hoo! And I am so excited as I am hoping for more Artie, Tina, Mercedes and Mike. I think Kevin McHale is one of the most underrated performers and he deserves more screen time and more lines (he didn’t have one single line in the season finale, remember? He got to sing but no speaking!).

• Russ says:

While I do love Artie, Tina is the most underrated performer Artie gets more screen time than her and a lot more songs than she does.

8. satirex says:

He’s changed a lot since his days with the Celtics.