Emmys

Exclusive: Fringe's Anna Torv Joins Game of Thrones… Fan Club!

As you’ll see in this clip, when Anna Torv finishes up her meeting of The Unofficial Game of Thrones Fan Club at the Emmys — she watched all of Season 1 in one weekend! —  she attempts to tease the upcoming season of Fringe. And adorably, this is not easy for her.

The show being as trippy as it is, my first question regarding the return of Joshua Jackson’s Peter results in one of the longest, most pregnant pauses possibly in interviewing history.

The Emmy-worthy actress — who was on hand at the ceremony to present the award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Movie or Miniseries alongside Bones‘ David Boreanaz — also kept her promise by answering a burning Fringe question I first posed to her back in July at Comic-Con.

Loading video...

Comments (21)

• That was incredibly cool. I got really excited there for a second, even though it is probably impossible that she would be working on GOT and Fringe at the same time.
    And watching GOT in one weekend isn’t hard, I’ve done it. Watched the series weekly when it came out, read the books, then rewatched it. It was more like one day really. I can’t decide which I preferred – it was cool knowing all the characters but it was awesome on the first viewing when I didn’t know what was going to happen.

Comment by Lauren – September 19, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I did. You should have done what I am doing. I am only reading the books after the season ends. So, I won’t read the second book until next summer.

Comment by steve – September 20, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cruel*

Comment by Lauren – September 19, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God she is adorable ♥ And I thought she was easily the best dressed at the Emmys… Classy but not overdoing it like alot of the others…. Love Anna ♥

Comment by PeterOlivia – September 19, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv, what a wonderful, unique, beautiful woman.
    Fantastic interview, and that sounds really complex working with the green screen and with a body double.

With Anna being a fan of Games of Thrones, could they please give her a guest role, so may be she will get the Emmy for that at least? Since HBO seems to be the place to be for that.

Comment by passing – September 19, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And we will watch the show ! love Fringe love Anna

Comment by Real1 – September 19, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is too amazing and precious, I just love her to pieces! Whoo, Game Of Thrones, I love it too, Anna! :D

Comment by Sarah – September 19, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never seen GOT..can’t wait for FRINGE almost 3 days away. I want to be mindf@cked again lol. Bring it I’m ready for my FRINGE FRIDAY!!!

Comment by Colleen – September 19, 2011 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so funny and down-to-earth, on top of being gorgeous and classy. she needs to get an Emmy nomination next year – I’m embarrassed on behalf of the nomination committee.

Comment by Kay – September 19, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fall a little more in love with her each and every day. :) So wonderful, adorable and amazing!!

Comment by Anita – September 19, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude, can’t view any of you videos on my iPad despite the fact that they’re posted on YouTube. I think it has something with the way you’re setting up the links. Just thought you should know.

Comment by Girard – September 19, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will start watching GOT now! I adore Anna and Fringe! It’s clear that she has good taste!

Comment by Tessa – September 19, 2011 08:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Anna Torv! She is such a wonderful, beautiful, charming woman.

Comment by Mena – September 20, 2011 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna is awesome and watching her try to figure out what the hell to say was hilarious. Can’t wait until the show comes back on Friday, it’s been such a long wait to see what they’re going to do.

Comment by Buffy – September 20, 2011 02:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I second to that. Wish I can watch it without the trouble of saving the link and watch it later on PC.

Comment by izzy – September 20, 2011 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How awesome is Anna Torv? I mean how?!

Comment by Alex – September 20, 2011 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had already made a list of characters she might have played by the time I got to the end of the title.

Comment by Sourabh – September 20, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hate you.

Comment by João Amaral – September 20, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE Anna Torv; her accent kills me! I like the pause and how she ultimately sums it up by saying, “just watch the show.” Perfect advice!

Comment by The TV Watcher – September 20, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s so cute!!Girl is like a nerd in camouflage!

Comment by shaun – September 20, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Torv is the best! She is such a great lady, classy, talented and just lovely! As a fan of “Game Of Thrones” I love the way she said she enjoyed the show and am so greatful that the fandom of the show include people like her!

She is our coolest nerd!

Comment by loco73 – September 20, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post