Emmys

Exclusive: Bones Star David Boreanaz Gives Us the Scoop on Booth and Brennan's [Spoiler]!

Before last night’s Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony, one reporter caught up with Bones star David Boreanaz and his wife, Jaime Bergman. And not only did they reveal how the arrival of leading lady Emily Deschanel’s baby is likely to affect their own (yes, their own) home life, but Booth’s portrayer spilled the beans about an upcoming plot twist for the beloved Fox procedural that he hadn’t even shared with the missus! It’s an exclusive. No, seriously. It is. He promised. See for yourself!

Emmys 2011: Modern Family Feels the Love With Five Wins, Friday Night Lights Grabs Some Gold

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Exclusive, Interviews, Scoop, Video

1. Kim says:

Haha, great talk! I love David! Lots of love from the Netherlands :)

• Shannon says:

Thanks Michael! You always have the best scoop on my favorite shows! Only now, I REALLY REALLY can’t wait until November!!

2. Piper says:

Haha, David’s hair makes me laugh b/c in the commentary for “two bodies in the lab” he makes fun of how rigid his part is, and yet here he is with the same hairdo. Anyway, soooooo pumped for the new season!!! And Emily still working when she’s due in 2 weeks? What a trooper!

• Angie says:

I so agree with you Piper, that is the first thing I noticed when he turned & lowered his head slightly. I definitely do not like the part, looks much younger w/o the part, but the show is still great & I can’t wait for new season & GO EMILY–good luck with your labor/baby. We are all rooting for you
      Angie

3. Liz says:

“We’re having a baby?”
    “Not again!”
    LOL!

4. Jamey says:

Where is it?

5. Niki says:

Thanks for the scoop!!
    I was already wondering about the living thing!

6. O'Brien says:

Can I just say that Jamie looks absolutely gorgeous? Also, notice, I mean, we all kind of knew they’d be living together, but it’s been officially confirmed FOR REALZ. OH YES! I’m so excited. Nov. 2, you are too far away.

7. zaza says:

I was wondering if Brennan is going to have twins by the way David stressed “You’re going to love THEM.”

And..I don’t mean this in a rude way, but David and his wife have, like, zero chemistry. It’s odd.

• Greenbeangirl74 says:

I noticed the THEM comment too, but wondered if they were referring to Booth and Brennan as a family, you know in a 3rd person kind of way. I thought his wife seemed a little … irritated. Maybe she doesn’t like talking about pregnancy since that is when he cheated on her. Can make things get chilly fast.

• Tracy says:

I took THEM as THOSE episodes. The first 6.

• Jordan says:

Well I don’t know. Did he actually cheat on her or was it, like, Emily got pregnant, they staged a hook-up, and did it for the show?

• r says:

No, he cheated on his gorgeous wife of many years, it has nothing to do with the show. He just finally got caught.

• jayjay says:

“He finally got caught”????
            It happenend some years ago and they’re working on their marriage for almost 2 years now (as per their interwiew in People, they started couple therapy before it all become public).
            They’ve put the past behind them last year, so now they’re finally moving forward with their family life.

• jen says:

actually they have admitted he didn’t get caught, but rather came forward to his wife then the public. Basically to save face in light of Tiger Woods and Jesse James/Sandra Bullock mess that came out at the same time.

• KK says:

I noticed that as well. She looks like she doesn’t want to be there.

• Alyssa says:

Last night on E! the red carpet, they showed David, and he was hamming it up for the cameras (not attention hoe-ish, just being goofy) and Jaime was not amused. She just looked annoyed, like, “oh man this sucks getting all dressed up and fancy with this hot man at my side, going to a fun awards show and sick after-parties…eff my life…”

• rcwblessed says:

Geeez! I think you’re reading way too much into it. Maybe, we shouldn’t pretend to know what they’re thinking. That’s how bad rumors get started. Some people will read your comment and take it as fact.

• Reta says:

I agree. I don’t think the chemistry is there between them. He tries to pay special attention to her by always bringing the conversation to her. But she just acts like she doesn’t care or maybe jealous of his work and sick of it???? I think this is not a good match.

• Ola says:

Agree. She looks bored, uninterested and like ‘I don’t know, I don’t care’ and he keeps ‘inviting’ her to the conversation by asking questions and looking for confirmation, but it looks so unnatural, like he is trying too much.

• Alicia A. says:

I also got the impression that she was bored by the whole thing, like it is kind of getting on her nerves, too much attention devoted to her hubby and to Deschanel. He was very nice to his wife and she kept making bored comments, almost eye-rolling. Too bad.

• Patty says:

I took David using the word “THEM” in referrance to the 6 epispodes they just did.

• Jordan says:

Well, I mean, we know that is what it literally meant but what we’re thinking is if it’s hinting or foreshadowing or not.

• Lisa says:

Patty, that is what he was talking about. “Them” is the six episodes. I really don’t think there was some hidden message in there. Sometimes a banana is just a banana.

• murley says:

i thought the opposite. i found their rapport cute, funny and very natural. i thought it was nice to see that they seem to have worked through their issues and look like a solid couple.

• Lisa says:

Murley, I thought they were adorable together too. Typical husband and wife stuff. She rolls her eyes at him sometimes, but she also smiled sweetly too. They’ve worked hard the past 2 years to keep their marriage on track. They seem happy together to me.

• kwilliams says:

I saw an interview where they said they are using twins to play the part of Baby Booth. So that’s possibly what “them” meant.

• Angelina Henshaw says:

He might also be referring to Angela and Hodgins’ baby?

• rcwblessed says:

I disagree. I think David and his wife, Jaime, have great chemistry. It might not be evident in this clip, but if you follow both of them on Twitter, you’d see that they definitely have good chemistry. My take is Jaime never seems to feel at ease in the spotlight of interviews like this. They are an awesome couple, and David seems to adore her!

• Maureen says:

I totally agree with zaza I don’t see any chemistry between David and his wife. I think he has more chemistry with Emily than he does with Jamie. She seems a bit insipid to me. But David as always is so handsome and hot. Doesn’t he look wonderful in a tux — then again he looks good in anything — whether it’s a tux, a suit or jeans and a T-shirt.

I am really looking forward to the season premiere of Bones on November 3rd. Also best wishes to Emily and her husband on the upcoming birth of their baby

• Max says:

Emily and David are both actors and they get paid for it, so I guess the ‘chemistry’ your talking about is simply acted. As a DB fan I’m happy to see the both of them (Jamie and David) on the red carpet together, after what happened it looks like they’re trying to leave the past behind(usually celeb couples break up after stuff like that comes to public).

• Jean says:

I think he meant “them” as Bones and Booth together and also the 6 episodes. We are going to like “them” as a couple. I can’t wait.

8. Alison says:

Great scoop thank you

9. Allyson says:

I love you Michael, you are so funny! Yay for you and the scoop! Love Bones too!

10. M says:

That haircut… boy…hmmm, no. Not feeling it at all. And DB is a handsome man, but gosh, wow…the haircut

11. Al says:

That is pretty big news. Who knew if they would even get together let alone move in together! Very exciting stuff. ^_^

Thanks for the scoop.

12. Tamm says:

How cute is he, including his wife in the conversation, most of the time the stars just let the spouse stand there :)!

13. apz says:

i rewatched this and he said them as in were going to love the episodes not what u guys r thinkin of

14. Laurie Korzeniewski says:

I love Bones it is my favorite show!! I can’t wait for them the have their baby!! It is about time!! Lol

15. Jen says:

Where is the video? I can’t see it… I love Bones tho and can’t wait for the start of this season!!!!

16. Vicki Hinson says:

Love me some Booth.. He is so handsome.

17. HLee says:

I agree. No chemistry between his wife and him. Did you see the way she reacted when he said he wouldn’t be home in time for dinner? She seems like an ice queen when it comes to him.

18. Wendy says:

Thanks for the video! Not feeling the “Season 1 Booth” hair, but whatever. Still looking forward to Season 7. Is it 11/3 yet?

19. steph says:

he looks like alistair from dragon age with that hair cut.

20. Lorie says:

I love Bones and can not wait for it to come back…loved how DB tried to include his wife in the interview but what is wrong w/ her….omg she could have shown a little enthusiasm…she looked miserable

21. Christy says:

cant find the link…

22. Jessy says:

Firstly: LOVE Bones and David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel. This interview was very exciting!!!
    Secondly: I understand that he cheated on her, and I can imagine that they still have a lot to work through, but if they decided to stay together she should try to at least act like she wants to, especially at an event like that during an interview! If she cant hold back her irritation and all those feelings from something like this, then maybe they should not stay together?

23. Lilla says:

you tell anybody else tht im screwed!Lol So ready for November 3rd!!!

24. Mel says:

I cant find the link??

25. Alicia says:

Thanks for the working link Linda. This is so exciting. I also gathered that he meant the episodes by “them” but he definitely had a bit of a smirk which could mean he was being sly about some twins perhaps.. Hmm, I can’t wait to find out!! And I think Jamie looked just fine. They’re cute together and I’m glad they’ve decided to work on their issues.

26. Chloe says:

When David said “them”, I think he meant that now that Booth and Bones are now in a relationship, we’re going to like “them”.

27. Angie says:

I guess I am going to have to use Angela instead of Angie. There is another Angie here. HEHEHE!! Glad to hear about the spoilers and from David himself. That man is still gorgeous. His wife is so beautiful. I am also glad that Booth and Brennan’s relationship will be better than ever. David and the rest of the cast and the show rocks. Shout out to all of the other Bones fans out there. Still waiting impatiently ; )for November 3.

28. Susan Estes says:

Isn’t the whole point of TV to get out of real life and enjoy the fantasy, we all have a real life, they should all be private, love the show, and the characters.

29. Courtney says:

okay just cause David and his wife werent all over one another and didnt show alot of chemistry on camera doesnt mean anything alot of people dont like PDA. She also didnt look upset she just looked out of place I dont believe being in the public eye is here thing it is his so I believe that she went to be a good wife to David and support him! Plus she could have a reason to be aggregated for all we know they had a fight before showing up to that interview or something happend to make her that way. Just because she wasnt as happy and bubbly as David doesnt mean there is anything wrong with her or them!

• Lisa says:

Courtney I think the same thing about Jaime. It isn’t her thing to be front and center with all those people around.

For all we know,she wasn’t feeling well and wanted to be home on the couch in sweats and fuzzy slippers, but knew she had to dress up and go out. Too bad some people feel the need to think the worst.

30. Sandy says:

He has aged….. Looks to old to be a new father….
    I guess he has be living the high life in Hollywood
    with all the young starlets again.

I bet the 4 extra episodes ordered by FOX is to
    Bones next year. Let’s face it….. it is getting
    tired and at times just boring.

31. charlotte says:

Wow, some people are so mean! And funny, as IF you can tell a couples chemistry from a 1 minute video. It must be weird to be the person accompanying a ‘star’ to an event, no one is there asking you questions, you just have to stand there in the scrutiny. I think it’s nice he includes her in the convo.

Also, if they didn’t want to be together, they wouldn’t be anymore. They obviously want to make it work and put the past behind them…not made easier with strangers judging their ‘chemistry’.

32. Maggie clavin says:

I love the series bones. Every episode mskes you want to come back for more.

33. I love David since Buffy came out!!!!

34. Jillian says:

Maybe Jaime doesn’t feel good…or if you read her tweets, her shoes were really uncomfortable and her earrings pinched her ears. Maybe she feels uncomfortable in the spotlight. Maybe just talking about Bones just isn’t her thing. David said in an interview last year that his wife doesn’t like it when he takes his character home with him…so maybe both she and David like him to compartmentalize his work and home life…on-set, it’s Booth and Brennan all the time, all around and at home, he has real-life wife and his two beautiful children. If that’s the case…she wouldn’t be overly enthusiastic talking about Bones. IDK…but if you read their tweets, they seem like they are really happy together…and they have really worked things out :) She does look beautiful though.

I think that “them” means the 6 episodes or Booth and Brennan. I really hope that when David says that their relationship will be different, he means that we will actually see them in a romantic relationship…and not just argue and bicker all the time.

35. Moira says:

He is not old, may be you are 12 that is whay you are saying that!!

36. Ana says:

I can’t wait any longer. I want to see her baby and them living together.

As for the chemistry between Jamie and David, I think some people just want him with Emily that bad. I must admit that I’m one of those people, but I don’t think I saw anything wrong with how Jamie was acting.

37. Monica says:

I am so excited for Season 7! Temperance and Seeley have always portrayed the classic ‘thin line’ relationship. I’m glad the show has done so well for so many season’s that they were able to forgo the blending till now! Best wishes for many more seasons!!

38. Lupe says:

It was great to see David and his lovely wife together. I love this show, Bones, and am really looking forward to seeing the new dynamic between the two characters, and also looking forward to seeing Angela’s new baby!! Perhaps that will incent grandpa ZZ Top to make a couple of more appearances!

39. julie says:

I really liked DB`s wife. She looks confortable and supporting with her husband`s job. I mean, some people might forget that very often, but it is his JOB. And I just hope he is as happy at home as possible so he can be the best actor as possible! Cheers to that!

40. Teresa says:

He was talking about us loving the first 6 episodes.

41. KarynRH says:

For those of you who said it looks like his wife is irritated or that they don’t have chemistry, I disagree. I watched it and didn’t think anything was wrong. Then I read the comments and watched it again with the sound off, and still don’t think anything’s wrong. I imagine they’ve already gone through several interviews and still had more yet to go and if anything, she just seemed to me like she’s really used to these interviews and sees them sort of the way I see my commute home from work; a necessary function I perform frequently but nothing I particularly enjoy – although I suspect I dislike my commute more than she dislikes the interviews.

I’m looking forward to the new season, although not to the length of the wait. Best wishes, Emily!

42. Renee says:

Where’s the video?

43. Kat says:

Jesus, you people are pathetic. You can’t possibly know what Jaime is thinking or feeling. The fact that they are still together remains a continuing fact that there is love there in the relationship, otherwise she would have been gone a long time ago. As for chemistry, I for one don’t think anything was wrong and think they go together fabulously. Also… I thought David looked SMOOTH! Hair included.

44. xadm says:

well, I have no idea how it´s going their relatioship..but I have the “feeling” that something`s wrong. I aprecciate too much people who tries to get through an infidelity issue, but most of the time it´s only for the children

45. katy says:

No. They have to use twins in shows cause babies can only 1 hour under a camera and all the lights so that’s why they are using twins

46. rachel says:

i love bones it is amazing it the best . season 7 has clearly been the best out of the lot of them. i wish you were making a season 8 it would be an amazing season.