Emmys

Glee's Chris Colfer: Season 3 Storyline 'Makes Me Love Kurt and Blaine Even More'

When I snagged Glee nominee Chris Colfer and his magnificent quiff on their way into Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony last night, he was full of good news.

For one thing, he offered up the scoop on an upcoming “story that never gets told, from a point of view that never gets told.” (Well, until now, obviously). For another, he shared what the future holds for supercouple Kurt and Blaine. (Hint: You’ll like it.) Click below for all the dish.

Emmys 2011: Modern Family Feels the Love With Five Wins, Friday Night Lights Grabs Some Gold

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Fall TV Preview, Interviews, Scoop

1. P says:

LOVE KLAINE MORE!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh so happy, I don´t know if I can love Blaine more than i do know :D

2. M says:

Aww, can’t wait to see what’s going to happen to Klaine on season 3! Love them and their relationship

• Max says:

Me too – their romance is just beautiful. Glad to see that not EVERYTHING has to be angsty for a relationship to work. My OTP is glorious.

3. xander says:

Why do storylines and the songs that Chris Colfer pitch always end up on the screen and never the suggestions from other actors? I’ve seen other actors pitch for theirs and they’re perfectly good suggestions! It’s not fair! Ryan Murphy should listen to them too, and not only to his pet.

• Jessica says:

While I agree that he should listen to all of them, your remark seems a little condescending. I’m sure that if the entire cast was a 2 time Emmy nominee, Golden Globe winner, writing and starring in a movie, writing their own show on Disney, and has a book deal to write their own Children’s novels all at the age of 21 (20 really since he JUST turned 21), they’d be his favorites too! :)!

• dee says:

And of course the fact that he’s Ryan Murphy’s “pet” and gets ALL of the good lines and stories on GLEE has absolutely NOTHING to do with Colfer getting his movie made, or his book deal, etc. etc. etc.?? Please.

• Monkeyrat says:

Wow, you sure know something about “condescending” comments… Just to be sure: you do realize that you sound like a 14 y/o fangirl, right?

Chris does this, does that, Blaine is transferring, and he has a solo in the first ep (of course he does! People get ready for derpfest 2011/2012), yada yada yada *yawns*

So what, the rest of the cast is worthless and doesn’t deserve to have their voices heard by Saint Ryan Murphy because they’re not favourites? I didn’t know they had to be active everywhere besides Glee or award worthy to see simple suggestions considered, I thought their talent was enough. Silly me!

Annoying fans are annoying.

• Lily says:

I think Chris Colfer is the only Glee cast member who identifies himself as a writer. And Ryan Murphy is also a writer… Maybe it also has to do with the property rights of the songs… that could have curtailed many suggestions of other actors,

• Lily says:

Chris’ pitch that has not (yet ?) materialized : Anne Hattaway as lesbian aunt and Julie Andrews as his grandmother…

Still thinking of Cory Monteith who wanted Alec Baldwin on Glee and Chris jokingly added that Tina Fey could come on the show as well…

4. Jenna says:

OK, now I’m really curious. What story doesn’t get told? What perspective? This is less a spoiler and more a tease. Follow up story sometime soon?
    I can’t wait for Kurt and Blaine to be at McKinley together. All I want is some cute couple-y moments in the choir room, please.
    And maybe another kiss or two.

• Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third says:

The only thing i can think of is losing your virginity as a gay teen, that doesn’t exactly get told much.

• Jenna says:

But will FOX go along with telling it now? I don’t think it’ll happen this soon if it happens on screen at all. I think this is something different.

• Kvivik says:

A couple months ago, Chris said in an interview that the virginity issue was NOT the storyline he pitched.

• Vicky says:

I don’t think that’s what it is here, but he says in this interview that the Kurt/Blaine “story that never gets told” is different that the storyline he’s trying to get on the show.

5. Spencer says:

I love them as a couple, but I CANNOT stand Blaine!!

• Brittany says:

If you can’t stand one half of a couple, you can’t possibly love the couple. If you can’t stand Blaine, stands to reason you’d prefer Kurt alone or with someone else.
      I happen to actually love the couple, which means I love both people who make it up. Very very happy that it looks like people who really love Klaine have good things to look forward to in season 3.

• Marcus says:

A lot of people loved Klaine until they gave Blaine some latent case of multiple personality disorder.

• Lola says:

Well, Spencer used present tense, which is why what he said makes no sense. If he had said he liked Klaine, past tense, it would fit your argument a little better.
          As for multiple personality disorder? This is Glee. The only character that gets consistent characterization and motivation is Kurt. Every other character is all over the place, Blaine included.

• Lily says:

Even Kurt’s character had some inconsistencies… He had more sexy moves in Season 1 and all of a sudden he was a-sexual in Season 2 ? At least they could have given a reason for this e.g. the traumatic effect of the locker room kiss or so…

• Max says:

I agree, everyone on Glee has somewhat vacillating personalities. It just happens. But I love Kurt and Blaine’s love. It squeezes my heart in a way that no other tv couple has ever done. They were just flawless tonight.

• Sam says:

@Lily do you even know what asexual means? Heres a hint: sexually naive ≠ asexuality.

• Lily says:

Same here… don’t really like Blaine, even though I like the fact that Kurt finds love with him. Looking forward to some downs and many ups in the Klaine relationship and even more character development of Blaine.

6. Christy says:

Yay! Klaine is the reason I still watch Glee. Love them so so much. Happy to hear good things are coming! I totally trust Chris and if this spoiler is something he’s positive about, I’m sure I’ll love it too.

7. Jenna says:

He already said it before, that he is pushing for a storyline which wasn’t covered yet on Glee. And he said it involves Blaine, but not in the way we would think…I can’t wait!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

This is about a different storyline, however, Chris makes clear in the video. The one he pitched hasn’t been picked up yet.

8. Larry says:

What’s a quiff? Do you mean coiff? His hair?

9. Marcus says:

All I ask is that they write Blaine as a more consistent character. I still won’t be able to stand him, but at least then his presense wouldn’t make the show less enjoyable.

• Jake says:

Aw, I love Blaine. He reminds me of my boyfriend. I feel like most of the characters on the show are pretty inconsistent, so it’s not like it’s Blaine-specific. Plus he’s been pretty consistent since at least Original Song.

10. Chris says:

If there won’t be any Kinn this season, I am OK with Klaine. I did get sick of Blaine last season because with the exception of one song, all of the Warblers sang in the background. It will be interesting to see how he deals with other people getting the solos.

@Larry, I Googled quiff since I thought the same thing you did. The quiff is a hairstyle that combines the 1950s pompadour hairstyle, the 50s flattop, and sometimes a mohawk. It was how Kurt had his hair during a lot of last season. I loved the look on him.

11. Lou says:

I am really excited about that and I can’t wait to see what it is. I really love Blaine, he is my favourite character.

12. Brenda says:

I am looking forward to this more than anything else on Glee. I generally enjoy everything on the show but Blaine and Kurt and Klaine are by far my favorites.

13. milly vanilly says:

I love how many comments on here feature an argument about whether or not this chick is ryan murphy’s pet, when the conversation should really be set around the fact that anyone even *watches* this horrific train wreck, let alone gives a **** about anything that happens on the show itself or with any of it’s actors. Unless you’re a 12 year old girl, this show shouldn’t be that important to you.

• Lily says:

Milly Vanilly ? Or Milli Vanilli ? Love them, even know I knew they were just lipsynching , return their grammy and one of them committed suicide years later.

14. Lily says:

Different point of view ? Maybe a more adult point of view like a counselor’s (Emma), or a father’s (Burt or Blaine’s father ?)…

15. Lola says:

I cannot stand Blaine. I don’t think I’ve ever watched a show where I disliked one character so much that they literally ruined my enjoyment of the show completely. That’s exactly what Blaine has done for Glee.

• Chris says:

Wow.. a hater. How surprising. The majority of people enjoy what Blaine has brought to the show and how happy he makes our dear Kurt. If you don’t like the show anymore, don’t kvetch about it – just do all the fans a favor and take your hate somewhere else, please.

16. Max says:

Oh my god, Kurt and Blaine were absolutely flawless in tonight’s episode. I love their love. And I LOVE that one of the most solid, happy couples on the show is gay. Brilliant message to send.

17. Niky says:

Lol, I don’t watch glee. xD it must be good if he’s in it from reading the comments.

18. Meredith says:

Oooh, I’m so excited! X3 I love their romance and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for them!!

KLAINE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYTHING

19. Christine says:

You guys are hilarious. If you’re gonna hate on something, just do yourselves a favour and don’t sound like someone who just loves to bring down someone’s good mood. if you don’t like something, I think te answer is clear: STAY AWAY. It makes absolutely no sense to me why people who don’t like something waste their precious time just hating on it? Come on people, you got better things to do.

Btw I love Kurt and Blaine. But that doesn’t make me biased towards my comment, this goes for any type of hater comment on anything.

20. KT says:

I personally only watch Glee for Klaine. I watched since season 1,and fell in love with Kurts character,but the rest of the Glee story was so boring in season 2,until Blaine came about. Klaine is the only reason I still watch Glee.

HOWEVER I am loving the drama in season 3. Had that new Sugar chick though. I want to punch her in the face.