First All My Children Stars Join Online Venture

Just days before All My Children is due to serve up its final broadcast episode on ABC, the producers of the show’s online continuation have signed its first cast members.

“Pending a final agreement with AFTRA, Prospect Park has confirmed that … Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery) and Lindsay Hartley (Dr. Cara Castillo Martin) have agreed to deals to join the company’s new production of All My Children,” Prospect Park, an upstart media venture, announced in a statement on Monday. “This marks the first confirmation of cast members since Prospect Park began planning for the [AMC] production to live on the new online network beyond its final televised date on ABC this week.”

AMC icon Susan Lucci, as previously reported, thus far has declined Prospect Park’s offer to have her reprise her role of Erica Kane.

All My Children‘s Susan Lucci Claims ABC Exec’s ‘Ignorance, Arrogance’ Destroyed Show

Earlier this month, Prospect Park announced that One Life to Live‘s Erika Slezak (Viki), Michael Easton (aka John McBain), Kassie DePaiva (Blair) and Ted King (Tomas) had reached agreements to participate in the online version of AMC‘s sister soap, which is set to sign off of ABC in January 2012.

Sarah Michelle Gellar to Play Erica’s ‘Delusional’ Daughter on AMC Sept. 21

Prospect Park says it will announce the start date of AMC‘s new production in the coming weeks.

1. scooterbeanbag says:

I hope the deal also includes acting lessons for Cameron Mathison.

• Jo says:

DITTO!!!!! Mathison definitely needs drama classes. He is a ham that always acts over the top, making me feel badly for his costars.

• Elizabeth Jones says:

Thats his character… not bad acting. Take a good look at the man who plays the part of Dr Castillo… now thats bad acting

• Jenny says:

I agree. He is (was) one of the worst actors on daytime.

• Elisa says:

I completely disagree with your comments regarding Dr. Castillo. He is a good actor and you don’t have to take my word for it. After all, he did win the Daytime Emmy for his role on Guiding Light! Dr. Castillo acts well compared to some of his AMC costars. They do not put enough feeling into their acting. They seem as though they are bored with their character. I met Dr. Castillo, played by Jordi Vilasuso, and he was nice, considerate, and down to earth. He spent his time listening to his fans. I do not have the same sentiments about Lindsay Hartley. She is not very friendly. The only complaint I have about Dr. Castillo is he prefers Persian and Irish women instead of Venezuelan women.

• howard and john caylor says:

please prospect park get all of the cast members of all my children to join prospect park and keep up the good work prospect park john and howard caylor and loyal fans of the show

• Marsha says:

I love Cameron!!!!

• john and howard caylor says:

please prospect park get susan lucci to make a deal with you so she can work on all my children again fire brian frons and may be susan lucci will come backto all my children susan lucci made this show happen so please try to bring susan lucci back please prospect park it would make the fans happy if susan lucci came back to all my children prospect park howard and john caylor andLoyal fans of the show prospectpark please respond to this very important email please prospect park the loyal fans of all my children and one life to live

debbie

• Gina says:

Relax – it’s a soap opera – it’s not his fault the storyline sucked

• Renee says:

I have been watching the show since I was 13yrs of age and now 46, I have seen actors come and go and have enjoyed watching the show for all these years. I truly saddens me to see it go. Keep in mind people it’s purely entertainment, so chill and hope we get to see more online. I will also not be watching channel 7 at 12:00pm ever again, we don’t need another cooking show.

• Sydney says:

I agree with you 100%. I have watched with my mom and step-mom since 1977… I am 46 now. This show is for pure entertainment; however, the show gave me respite on hot summer days in high school, college days with an overload of homework at times, as well as my beloved married life, and raising my two daughters…now 27 and 25. With thanks to recording episodes on video and now the beloved DVR, I have enjoyed taking time out of my life to enjoy a glass of wine after dinner and AMC and OLTL. At least I know this is fictional…now reality TV has taken over. I look forward to Prospect taking over the reigns on both of these soaps. According to me, they are television history. Name one show that is fictional that lasted as long…if you mention another soap opera…I’ll agree. I watch television to escape reality. Many others do the same with other fictional television shows and movies. We watch shows about vampires (I enjoy them too) so can we still save room for the soaps? They remind me of my childhood spending days with my moms, even though I couldn’t understand them at that young age.

• C. Vanoni says:

We all love Erika Cain but I am sure we can accept it if she does not return. I can hardly wait to see it on line!! I have a question however, do we have to have or or do something special to be able to bring if up on line?

• JOHN AND HOWARD CAYLOR says:

prospect park cancel the chew because we dont need any more cooking shows on tv and get susan lucci michael e knight and the cast of all my children and cady mcclain back prospect park johnand howard caylor

• Lizzy says:

I agree 100% I am 52 I have watch with my Mom who has now past away and with my daughter’s and my niece’s. My granddaughter’s are now growing up and I would love for the shows to be there for them to watch. My mom and my girls and I spent many great times watching soaps together and my sister’s also. It has been a big part of our life. No shows have lasted as long as soaps have. The actors work very long days. Lots of hours. People don’t realize how much work it is to be on a soap.

• Deanna says:

I agree with everything you said. I have been watching the same time frame also!

• Star333 says:

Thank you Prospect Park for continuing AMC. For what it’s worth, we don’t need Susan Lucci to remain interested in AMC. I have watched for 41 years and will take anything I can get. There are many actors on AMC that I would rather see remain than Susan Lucci; she can’t even act!!!

• debbie B says:

He is a great actor, and You are so completely wrong!! Ryan and cara are the only two that are being loyal to their fans,so why would you say anything negative!!! We want them all back do not discourage anyone!!!! NO MORE NEGATIVITY!!! Iam so furious that you would even say that, you are truly not a dedicated fan!!!!!

2. mika says:

Not a draw. I love CM but Ryan is annoying. Loved LH since Passions but Cara adds no relative value to the show when she is not attached to Tad. OLTL looks like it fare much better, but I will still watch.

• Jody says:

Cara will have David Hayward’s Baby. I think that is more Important than Cara being with Tad. It will be Interesting to see what Pine Valley thinks about that. Maybe David Hayward will be A Decent Person and Everybody will just Accept David Hayward. Jody

• Lillian says:

I’m wondering how Dvid could be the father of Cara’s baby? WhenAmanda was pregnant for her baby boy Trevoer, David was tested to see if he was the father and his test came back saying that his sperm count was too low that he could not father a child. Doesn’t anyone remember this?

• Sherry says:

I do not agree with mika at all!!! Cara is a wonderful actress! I am very happy that Cara and Ryan have agreed to continue on with Prospect Park. I hope more of the original cast will soon follow.

Sherry

3. lacey says:

I think it’s great that Prospect Park wants to continue the soaps but at this point I wish they would just create a new soap. I can’t imagine AMC without Erika Kane and Ryan without Greenlee. I know that characters come and go on soaps but this just feels different. Forget trying to revive two shows and just create an even better show with the talent that has signed on.

4. Sami says:

Hope Rebecca Budig says no and they send her off with Leo!

5. DavidsMuse says:

I disagree. Cara has great value to me now that she’s having David’s child! :) The next AMC signing news I want to read is about Mr. Irizarry! :)

6. Lizbeth says:

Glad to hear that two actors have signed! CamMat isn’t the best actor and his character had been poorly written for quite a long time now. However, Ryan has been in PV for at least a decade and CamMat has done some other hosting stuff in the idustry. So, he is known out there. Hopefully, when others see that he has signed others will follow.

I think Lindsay Hartley has been wonderful addition the show. So, I am happy to know she is staying! I had never seen her prior to this role–and I’ve been impressed! The actor who plays her brother isn’t that good an actor–so not a big loss if he doesn’t sign.

Prospect Park really needs to sign Michael E Knight pronto. He is the best actor on the show (so good) and his character is part of the Martin family. I would worry more about signing MEK than even Susan Lucci. I would also try and get Vincent Irizarry, Cady McCLain, Jill Larson, RPG & Daniel Cosgrove to stay with the show –all good actors who portray important characters.

I know ALicia M said she would do some time on the show. So, bring her own with a strong story at the start of the transition to the internet or cable and then phase her out if she wants to go.

I’m sure the tv/internet integration is the wave the future. So, the actors who are signing on just have a head start. Good for them for knowing that

• Barb says:

I would agree wholeheartedly Lizbeth. This show needs a strong foundation couple with a long history, that being Tad and Dixie. They are linked to pretty much everyone in town and soaps need that moral compass (okay, so they both need work in that department!). VI is another must have. PP, promise him guest spots on your other shows but at least get him to sign for a year!Also agree with your other picks. But I would like to see the arrival of a new character…a Palmer Courtland/Adam Chandler type. An older someone with an unknow axe to grind against an existing characters.

• Lizbethsa says:

I agree. The Caleb character didn’t work out too well. If only the show was still filmed in NYC–David Canary might still be there. I wonder if Julia Barr would consider doing some commuting? Brooke just needs to back in Pine Valley. Show has not been the same without her.(I really wish they had not moved the show to LA.)

There is also Ron Raines from GL–but he is NYC and now on Broadway in Follies. He would have been great addition to the show.

I forgot to mention Darnell Williams. I wonder if he will stay–I am pretty sure he loves NYC. The actor who plays his son is very good. But, please let go of the actress who play Randi. Beautiful as all get out–but not a good actress

7. Joline says:

Yay!!! This is amazing news. Thanks so much to Cam and LH for believing in AMC enough to jump into this unknown adventure. Think these additions will be a huge incentive for people to give 2.0 a chance. Even though this is a really sad week, this news gives me a bit of hope.

8. RND says:

What?! So, while they announced 4 heavy hitters for OLTL last week ( a show that will still be in production for another couple of months) this is all they could muster up for the “first sign-ups” for AMC? Pathetic. This will not end well and the fans will get screwed from a proper send-off this week.

• Jody says:

They are just Starting. I presume that Vincent will be Next and Hopefully Michael who is Tad. I want Jill also who is Opal. Also, I think Technically that that should be Separate from This Week. Some People might not like the Last Episode if It is A Happy Ending because that might be Boring. Some People might not like the Last Episode if It is A Cliff Hanger because They might not Find out what will Happen. Maybe the Last Episode will be Fabulous because of the Flashbacks throughout the 40 Years. Jody

• T.T. says:

I agree OLTL is going to be better hopefully by January ABC will change their minds I know there will be a change in their wallets…I HATE ABC’S new show the chew already omg are they freakn seroius…

• Louise says:

I agree about The Chew, I absolutely will not watch it!!!!! Another cooking show, GOOD Grief!!!!!!!!!! And I am so upset with ABC cancelling AMC, that even if I did watch cooking shows , I wouldn’t watch theirs!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for Susan Lucci sounding out.
        ABC will be losing a lot of viewers. I can’t even believe it’s done.
        So glad it is going to be tried out on line, I will definitely watch. Would love to see my favorites, Kendall and Zach join, they were the best!!!!!!!

• Bellrose says:

With the cancellation of two soap operas that I have been watching since their very first episodes, ABC has lost a loyal viewer. I wll never watch it again.

Could anyone please tell me where we will be able to view the new episodes on the web, and when?

9. Helga says:

So good to hear that Cameron Matheson and Lindsay Hartley are joining AMC with Prospect Park. Now if only, Christina Bennet Lind, Sarah Glendenning, Alicia Minshew, Michael E Knight, Jill Larson, Stephanie Gatchet, Daniel Cosgrove, Cady McClain, Vincent Irrizary, Jordi Velasuso, Walt Willey, Bobbie Eakes, Jamie Luner, Michael Nouri, J.R. Martinez, and of course Susan Lucci.

These actors have been so well loved on the show and hopefully they will consider staying on since there is so many incredible stories yet to tell.

• aidan fan says:

I hope they get Aiden Turner back as Aiden Devane. I liked Rebecca Budig’s Greenlee with him way better than Cameron Matheson’s Ryan. I also wonder about the shooting on the last episode with Jacob Young going to play Rick on the Bold and the Beautiful. I have heard Susan Lucci won’t we returning. It won’t be the same without her. I also don’t buy Marissa with Bianca. People don’t change their sexuality. Gay people don’t become straight and vice versa.

10. JAmandaFan says:

Yay! I was starting to get worried that no one was going to sign on! I love Cara! She completely won me over and her scenes with David have been fantastic–he needs to sign on and try to prove that he can be a good father to his and Cara’s baby. I think Alicia Minshew will sign on also since she said she turned down another soap to see what is going to happen with AMC. Now can Jake and Tad and Krystal sign on?

11. Peggy says:

I think it’s great that the two of them are continuing!! I am so excited! There will be alot of different dynamics if the usual people don’t join but that is one of the great things about soaps …when you think the show will be over when a major player leaves, you find yourself involved in another storyline and it doesn’t hurt so much. Life goes on. AND THE SOAPS ARE GOING ON! YEA!

• linda says:

I just wish they would leave the soaps alone. There’s not much on tv for women to watch. We can’t they take some of the crap off the air that i’m not interested in. Why can’t they move All My Children to primetime, they would get more viewers. I would be one, 100%!!

12. Tess says:

Well, it’s a start at least. I’m not a big Ryan fan (totally agree his acting has, if anything, gotten worse over the years) but he is a main character and a long term one at that so his signing may encourage some of the other bigger players to agree to it too. I was worried after the big hoopla about Susan Lucci saying no to the deal that the show was going to get shelved and we’d never get any resolution to the promised cliff-hanger finale or they’d go ahead and recast every character with unknowns. Glad to hear they’ve signed these two…here’s hoping we will hear many more cast members agree to contracts soon too.

13. Thanks TV LINE says:

I like CM. He is a doll but have agree with others that his acting is over the top with the bug eye thing sometimes. His character has suffered like the others with the writing that he has been given. LH is growing on me but please have someone tone down her makeup. It’s distracting. Still on the fence about watching online. I have to say I was expecting more this last week on ABC. Today’s episode was good but nothing special. Only four more left on network television. Thanks TV Line for giving us the scoop on the soaps.

• Lizbeth says:

That is my only pet peeve about Lindsay H. She is so pretty–def does not need all that eye makeup. I think that every time I see her

• jjSandra says:

I agree with Cara’s makeup. One day it was toned down, and she looked so much better. Her eyes are so big and beautiful, she doesn’t need to put eye makeup on with a butter knife.

14. Judy says:

Well….Since I can’t remember the acctors by their real names, I will just use their on-screen names. If JR Chandler doesn’t resign, I will be fine with that, I don’t like his SPOILED rich kid, wanna be tough businessman/womanizing better than others attitude. If he stays, hope his attitude is brought down some, a little more humbling. All of the others, hope to see them in the online shows. I do hope the new Courtland man and his son have more episodes and storylines. I like the David and Cara scenes; so hoping David wont go to prison, but hope he gets to do right by his child, but at the same time, still remain a little devious. The PVPD, Jessie Hubbard, some changes could be made there. He needs to be MORE of a police officer than everyone in towns friend! Angie…..gone to Y&R and let them either find Jessie a new love interest, or just leave his character as a police officer who’s wife left him and MayBe she’ll come back someday….lol. Oh yes, let Ericka’s daughter’s Kendall & Bianca have moree storyline. Either way, I plan to watch the show online. I’ve not watched AMC but about 2 years, and I like it.

15. Jill says:

Sadly, I just can’t get into online Soap Operas. If they had decided to switch both soaps to SoapNet I would have continued to record and watch. But not now. The worst part of all of this is the fact that they cancelled these shows. Many a fantastic famous actor/actress has come off of ABC after starting on the soaps. Shame on you ABC! And you just put another lousy talk show on….

• TWM says:

Jill, I agree with you completely!! However, I will attempt to watch just to see how it goes. Unfortunately, my gut says things won’t go that way. I’m not much into the “online watching” either. I was really hoping they’d (AMC & OLTL)just go to SoapNet. No one wants to watch some crappy talk show… especially about food! Don’t they have the Food Network for that?! ABC will go down for this. Seems like they continue to get rid of the good shows (Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives will be going too, I believe… those are 2 I can think of at the moment). The only thing good they have on there now is Modern Family… & The Middle’s OK. I am just so disgusted with ABC! Guess I’ll have to move over to CBS for daytime between 1-3 or just listen to the radio all day. :(

• Terri says:

I agree that we have enough crappy food talk shows already…..why take one of the number 1 soaps off? I’ve been watching this since I was a kid and my mom watched and I’m so disgusted I actually started crying at 1 pm today. :( I will attempt to watch online, but I’m just hoping most of the characters will be there. Terri

• linda says:

I read somewhere they want to take Soapnet off the air in 2012 and replace it with another Disney Channel. I’m so disgusted with tv right now i’m ready to give up my cable!!

16. vicki says:

Hearing that only two have signed on for amc internet makes me nervous. I had hoped all would continue as is. I have watched since the start. Erica Kane has been more consistent in my life than any friend or family member other than my father. Do not want to live without amc.

• Terri says:

I agree with most of the characters being like my forever friends. I cried with them, laughed with them and didn’t want to say bye them. I feel like my life is over.

17. Spenkitten says:

In the 1970′s we had the dueling witch divas of Brook and Erica (anyone remember when aunt phoebe and uncle Charles entitled niece Brook came to town and dated the motor cycle riding, leather wearing handyman
    Bennie?) then we had trouble maker Liza in the early 80′s, and recently Greenleigh and Kendal, with La Lucci gone we need a new trouble making diva in Pine Valley. Hope they create and cast a great one

18. Meg says:

Living in Canada, we are not allowed to view any of A.B.C.’s episodes. Does anyone know if we will be able to view P.P.
    I have watched A.M.C. for 36 years and it is so sad to see the end of this excellent soap. I am disgusted with A.B.C.

• Lillian says:

Meg,I too live in Canada and was wondering about the same thing.When I tried to watch an episode on video a page came up saying “it appears you are outside of the United States and that you cannot view this video. How are we going to be able to watch our shows again when they do start back at Prospect Park??? Can anyone answer this question for me please?

19. Kaye says:

I am so happy to see that Cameron Mathison and Lindsay Hartley have signed. Thanks to both of you. David and Cara’s storyline is getting really interesting and can be a great story. I can live without the Tad and Dixie storyline and without Erica Kane, but really really enjoy all the other characters. I love the fact that Angie is behind David now and would love to see the Hubbard family continue also.

• Sandra says:

I can live without Erica, but I must have Tad and Dixie. I absolutely love Michael E. Knight. He is so funny. I like how he and Jake (don’t know his real name) play against each other. They are a scream.

20. jaynedoughe says:

I am happy to hear that AMC will be adopted and will continue on-line thanks to Prospect Park. Please soap stars sign on, your fans look forward to seeing all of you.

21. Kelly says:

Love All My Children. The show needs the Kanes,Chandlers and Martins or there is no point. Seeing Angie/Jesse,Tad/Dixie this last couple of weeks have reminded me how good soaps can be. Now if they only could have revived Jenny Garner and reunited Greg/Jenny it would have had the perfect ending to me.

22. LJ says:

Good – 2 signings! I was getting worried this wouldn’t happen. Hopefully lots more to come – mainly Tad! I am so sad the show is almost done on ABC. I WILL NOT watch the new shows that are replacing the soaps. Actually – not a fan of many ABC shows now. GO PROSPECT PARK!!! I HOPE YOU ARE THE LEADER IN A NEW WORLD OF ENTERTAINMENT! We can do without Lucci – but we need as many of the regulars as we can get to Prospect Park!!!

23. lyne says:

So glad amc is still going to be somewhere.to watched. I have watched both soaps from the start. It like your best friends have died. There are some many of the actor dear to me. susan lucci doesnt make amc. the martins are the core family. I love all of them ryan and greenlee needs more serious plots. They are great actors who need a better story line.

24. patricia bohan says:

i watch the soaps to get away from reality and enjoy the relaxation.
    there are too many reality shows,cooking and lifestyle shows and judge shows. every tv station is going cheap with all of the above plus reruns!!!!!!!!!!!
    please, give us some tv that is worthwhile!!! tv is getting really bad!!!!!
    i have really enjoyed AMC and OLTL and i will probably get a new hobby other than tv……..

• "Brownie" says:

I also am totally disappointed with ABC. I tape AMC and OLTL every day and watch them both during supper every night.I can’t do that if they go on-line! My heart is broken!

• linda says:

I agree. I already know how to cook. Hate cooking shows. AMC is my favorite show. Took me away from reality for an hr a day. I just looked forward to that hour. Can’t believe they’re taking it away. I will never,ever watch ABC again. Soapnet has Ryan’s Hope on at 5 in the morning, why can’t they put AMC on instead. I’m up anyway at 5.

25. terralee says:

Can you please sent me the website for prospect park for all my children and one life to live

26. The Caleb character was interesting and different. Michael Nouri is great. I hope he will continue on AMC.

27. Lisa Berdeaux says:

I also really enjoy the acting skills of Daniel Cosgrove, Jordi Vilasuso, Trent Garrett and Stephanie Gatchet. They are new and didn’t really get a chance to win viewers. They are all wonderful to look at too!

28. JJB says:

I am watching the online version of AMC to see what actually happened in the finale. (spoiler alert)

I NEED to know who JR shot and what happens with that… also they messed up Jack and Erica… AMC could have ended the show a bit better… than goodness it will continue online

29. Jackie Marshallq says:

Today is a sad day, but I’m going to definitely watch Prospect Park’s endeavor to bring back my daily (41 years of it!!) relaxation. Erica’s storyline will be that she is in Hollywood, so Jack can finally be happy, if Walt signs. I love Jordi Vilasuso and Lauren with her weepy eyes, and also Daniel Cosgrove – such great dimples – and Stephanie Gatchet. With Vincent signing on, I’d be perfectly happy with some new characters. I agree that it would be nice to have another Adam Chandler type or maybe even a rich girl – poor boy or visa versa to bring on some Jenny/Greg action. There is hope!

30. joy says:

I would love to see all my children

31. kelly Irons says:

I have watched all of the ABC soaps since their first airings, yes am talking GH, too. all 20 minutes of black and white with horrible organ music…it was SO bad, but, it took me away, I forgot about my life for awhile. I still use them to this day for that reason. Only now its DVR and of course a much faster pace. The music is much better too. I found myself this past week hoping there would be no cliffhanger in case this new online soap project didn’t work out. Now with that horrible Gone With the Wind type ending, JR shooting Erika most likely since I hear she is not interested in the move. I love that character, but it is not the end of the soap. I hated the tease of “babe” still being alive. I think that is what made me angry the most today. I just wanted to voice how I am feeling, like I just lost a little part of my life or something. Maybe that is too dramatic, but I indeed feel the loss. Thanks

• linda says:

I feel your pain. Because of working, i didn’t get to see Amc much. then we got Soapnet finally and it was better than Christmas.

32. Mike says:

The haters out there talking smack about CMs acting abiities, should put down their Cheetos get off the couch and do better. He made it as an actor for some reason. Let’s see you do it.

Next … The final show of AMC was terrible. I can’t believe that the Network doesn’t realize they canceled a show that milions of people loved and had watched for years . To end with a bang of uncertain demise of one of the stars , was a slap in the face to it’s loyal fans. An ending of ( and they all lived happily ever after ) is what I was hoping for. Thanks ABC, you bite

33. Cori Jalpern says:

Cameron has been amazing. Gorgeous and an AMAZING actor. Go Cam!

34. iris says:

I am sad AMC is off TV. But the only character that I really felt needed to move on and out was Erica Kane. The character was too self absorbed to even be taken seriously anymore. Face it…all the other ladies of AMC of the same age and maturity level grew with the show. Erica never grew beyond the immature and “all about me” personna she played as an immature “all about me” teenager.The character truly wasn’t in the same class as Brook,Angie, Liza,Dixie and Crystal. They were sexy, yet sutle without flaunting their bodies and over-selling their sexuality. Attractive Susan Lucci is but she is only a one facet character…self-absorbed. The character of Tad grew into a character of a decent, caring, and giving person who was a role model. Michael Knight is as charming as ever as Tad…but much more believable as a mature whole person than the illusion of Erica Kane.

• DMc says:

I can’t believe AMC and OLTL is being taken off the air, and put on line. Come on people, there is alot of people out there that don’t have computers to watch this. And then to replace AMC with THE CHEW! Don’t you think we have enough obese people in this country. Let’s just eat somemore.

35. Ya'mona says:

as long as my kendell and zack and hubbs and the chandlers be up there green and ryne the older one it up to them the hubb are still angie and jess the need to stay amanda and jake wow they so hot they need to stay what the world wrong with david he not comin a long and erica that just ugle but the show will do as well and grow more favs humm can not wait for january that on my Birthday

36. Sandor Johnson says:

Good luck Cam!

37. Melissa says:

I have watched AMC for over 40 years.I am very disapointed that ABC has taken it off the air. I have saw the previews of the new show and I will not be watching it. If I want to see a food talk show, I will turn to the Food Network. Many older people that have watched AMC and OLTL for many years do not use computers so I don’t forsee the online viewing surviving. I just want my AMC and OLTL back on TV. I believe that ABC is making a hugh mistake dumping these soaps for shows that want be watched. Just my opinion.

• Donna says:

Please bring back AMC…even my husband watched the show!!! Who needs another cooking channel!!!!!!!! especially us oldtimers who are and have always been fans of AMC. Please bring it back to us.

38. PINE VALLEY MAMA says:

I think any tv show, transitioning to online, will struggle at first. I also think that this is the future for a lot of tv shows. If All My Children just starts out

39. PINE VALLEY MAMA says:

I think if All My Children starts out online, with a solid cast of known characters, and a great story line, those who check it out will stick around for more. I don’t think the actors should look at it as a step down from tv, but being pioneers in the future trend of television

40. Major Soap Fan!! says:

I have been watching All My Children & One Life To Live for over 30 years and I am so…. sad they are taking them off the air!! Such wonderful writing!!
    I think the shows have been great overall. They have been a part of my youth w/ my sisters growing up… My two kids now, boy and girl watch along side of me (sometimes) and it is sad to tell them that they will not beable to enjoy the soap life anymore. My son is in acting/theatre and I tell him that the actors in the soaps are the best actors around!! They really play the roles GREAT!! They make me cry and laugh so much. It was truly a fun time waching as a young lady and now as I get older.
    I think it is sad that everything has to do with ratings and money all the time. I am sick of cooking and reality shows!!
    Please put them bak on the air. It will be like a piece of history has gone. Its great about the internet showing but it will not be the same!!!

41. Mercy says:

When I heard my 2 favorite soaps were being cancelled I cried…I have been watching since they started and was the fool who paid over 600$ for that first VCR so I could record when I started working!! It is the age of computers so like Agnes said, now I can watch on line whenever I want and free up 10 hours on the DVR… I love the new couples and hope they all sign back up but as long as there is one character as a springboard things will develop.. I have my computer connected to my tv so at least it won’t be like watching on a computer monitor…

42. Tracie says:

I was all for Fam being online until I heard its going to/be Abc online! Im like Susan Lucci! The heck with them! They are so ignorance and arrogance! How they going to take off the best shows on Abc! AMC, OLTL and Desperate Housewives! She. DH goes off I will not be watching ABC! Sent those were my only shows on ABC, it want be hard not to watch this station! I am done after DH!

43. Linda says:

I will definitely NOT be watching “Chew” or anything else ABC has to offer. I’m sick of reality shows and I hate cooking shows even more! I will be a Prospect Park fan if I can’t have AMC back! I think as many people as possible should boycott ABC, at least during the day, don’t even turn on that channel to watch anything, maybe they’ll get the message. It seems there have been many viewers of all the shows they’re cancelling, so who are these cancellations for anyway? Isn’t it about what the viewers want? I, for one, don’t want reality when I watch TV, that’s what I want to escape from for an hour or 2! Come on ABC, wake up.
    L

44. Doreen says:

Yeah, Cameron Mathison and Lindsay Hartley – you have to work on some of the other cast memebers to join you! You are great actors! I am a fan who has watched since DAY 1 and I am boycotting ABC show that has taken your time slot. ANYWAY, I would like to know how to access the ONLINE Show, when will it be available, how will I know it’s available, and how can I view it on my FLAT SCREEN TV. I can buy what I need to connect my computer to the Flat SCreen – I will just need some direction. Thanks for hanging in there!

45. Stacey says:

I love Cameron – he’s a sweetheart! Some AMC is better than no AMC. Thanks to Prospect Park for taking on this wonderful online venture. Keep hope alive for the other actors to follow. I absolutely, positively will not watch The Chew – for what?
    Love – Love – My AMC!

46. peggy says:

sad day friday was goodbye A B C will not ever watch your station again

47. Lyn says:

It seems odd that ABC didn’t pay attentiion to the demographics.. with so many boomers retiring that now have time to watch their favorite soap… I think ABC jumped the shark. Remember, lots of people also watch AMC on Soap net. Whatever ratings they suffered might be because soaps are available at more hours. The true viewership is therefore divided between ABC and soap net… ABC has probably lost a lot of viewers for their canceling of their two soaps. I agree with many of the comments .. we have more than enough reality tv… AMC is a delicious escape from reality… No way will I watch another cooking/talk show. What a dumb more ABC

48. gracie trevino says:

abc big mistake taking amc of the air. we do not need another cooking already have food network. will not be watching chanel 12 any more

49. ROOSTERTLC says:

I have wanted Ryan Lavery ‘DEAD’ since he ‘slithered’ onto the show !!!
    His charactor is one of the ‘biggest’ if not the ‘biggest hypocrites’ in Pine Valley !!!
    Ryan Lavery
    Tad Martin
    Jake Martin
    Zack Slater
    Jesse Hubbard
    Erica Kane
    Jack Montgomery
    Kensall Hart
    Bianca Montgomery
    Crystal Martin
    All ‘Hypocrites’ !!!
    Long Live David Heyward !!!
    May his and Cara’s son or daughter be cause of their happiness !!!