Emmys

Emmys 2011: Modern Family Feels the Love With Five Wins, Friday Night Lights Grabs Gold

Get More: Awards, Emmys, News

The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards were held Sunday at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, and ABC’s Modern Family was the big winner, sweeping all five categories in which it received nominations. PBS’ Downton Abbey followed with four wins.

Other noteworthy gold-grabbers included The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (netting a ninth consecutive Emmy for Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series) and Friday Night Lights (celebrating its final season with a pair of statues).

Here are all the winners from Sunday. Skim the list and tell us which one(s) pleased you most!

Lead Actress In A Comedy Series | Melissa McCarthy, Mike & Molly
Lead Actor In A Comedy Series | Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series | Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series | Ty Burrell, Modern Family (Read our pre-Emmys Q&A)
Writing in a Comedy Series | Modern Family
Directing in a Comedy Series | Modern Family
Outstanding Comedy Series | Modern Family

What Emmy Winners Revealed Backstage: Shrink Love, K-Mart Underwear and the Key to Badassery

Outstanding Reality – Competition Program | The Amazing Race
Reality Host | Jeff Probst, Survivor (announced at Sept. 10 Creative Arts Emmys)

Writing in a Variety, Music Or Comedy Series | The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Directing in a Variety, Music Or Comedy Series | Saturday Night Live
Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series |The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (ninth consecutive win)

Lead Actress In A Drama Series | Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife (Read our pre-Emmys Q&A)
Lead Actor In A Drama Series | Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights
Supporting Actress In A Drama Series | Margo Martindale, Justified
Supporting Actor In A Drama Series | Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Writing in a Drama Series | Friday Night Lights
Directing in a Drama Series | Boardwalk Empire
Outstanding Drama Series | Mad Men

Lead Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie | Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce (She now just needs a Tony for the EGOT)
Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie | Barry Pepper, The Kennedys
Supporting Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie | Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce
Supporting Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie | Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Writing in a Miniseries or Movie | Downton Abbey
Directing in a Miniseries or Movie | Downton Abbey
Outstanding Miniseries or Movie | Downton Abbey

Plus, select highlights from the Creative Arts Emmys on Sept. 10….

Guest Actress In A Comedy Series | Gwyneth Paltrow, Glee
Guest Actor In A Comedy Series | Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live
Guest Actress In A Drama Series | Loretta Devine, Grey’s Anatomy
Guest Actor In A Drama Series | Paul McCrane, Harry’s Law
Reality Program |
Deadliest Catch (Discovery)
Casting in a Drama Series |
Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
Casting For A Comedy Series |
Glee (Fox)
Casting For A Miniseries, Movie Or A Special
| Mildred Pierce (HBO)

Comments (129)

• Yay! Modern Family. Well deserved.

Comment by sandra – September 18, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Obviously you haven’t watched Parks and Recreation if you say that.
      Sad EMMYS!

Comment by Spyder23 – September 19, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • P&R and Amy Poehler were robbed.

Comment by Cat – September 19, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed.

Comment by RLH – September 19, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • AMEN to that. Not that I don’t love MF, but I’m disappointed

Comment by Chuck – September 19, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, well deserved for Modern Family. Love Parks and Recreation,too. As long as either of these two shows won, I’m happy.

Comment by Justin – September 19, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love modern family its great keeps you laughing and even in supence. KEEP IT COMING

Comment by sandy sutterfield – October 3, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for Julie but was really rooting for Sofia!

Comment by chris – September 18, 2011 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I was kind of thinking “Oh…okayyyy” she didn’t NOT deserve it but Sofia really should have won.

Comment by Captain – September 19, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO MODERN FAMILY! 4 for 4 so far!

Comment by Mellie – September 18, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone tell me they here the tetris noise coming from the emmys too.

Comment by Sam – September 18, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes it is driving me crazy!

Comment by lowretta – September 18, 2011 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We aren’t the only ones hearing it! I’ve seen a few other posts out there mentioning the same thing. I just called the local Fox station (WFLD, Chicago) and they pointed me to RCN Cable. Who is your provider?

Comment by Chris – September 18, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We use Verizon in NY and were getting it also.

Comment by DL – September 18, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its driving me nuts!!

Comment by luc – September 18, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That noise drove me nuts all night. Huge problem. I’ve never heard anything like it before. What was it?????

Comment by ML Meyers – September 18, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank god I’m not the only one who heard it. I kept thinking someone’s cell phone was going off.

Comment by Dav – September 19, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG…ALL NIGHT! At one point I put the TV on mute to see if it was one of my daughters toys…nope. UGH!

Comment by Sheri – September 19, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone tell me they hear the tetris noise coming from the emmys too.

Comment by Sam – September 18, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes. Its quite annoying

Comment by Steve – September 18, 2011 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the women nom’d for lead actress in a comedy effing ROCK.
    I wanted my girl Amy Poehler to win, thought she was the most deserving but so happy for Melissa!!

Comment by Elizabeth – September 18, 2011 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree!!! when they were walking up i felt they were all deserving, which is truly rare for any category at any award ceremony. Really hoping Amy (and Parks & Rec) would get more love, but like I said, would’ve been happy with Eddie, Martha, Tina or Laura, and i’m happy for Melissa.

Comment by Sara – September 18, 2011 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with this entire statement. I was really rooting for Amy Poehler (and P&R for the best comedy, which I *really* think they should have gotten), but Melissa McCarthy is so funny, and I’m really happy for her.

But next year is definitely Amy Poehler’s year. And Parks and Rec. And Nick Offerman. Well, I say that assuming that they’ll top this year, but all signs point to them being able to do so.

Comment by Alice – September 18, 2011 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yayyyyyyyyyyyy, go Melissa McCarthy, I was actually rooting for her. I love Amy too, but this soooooooo wellllllll deserved for Melissa. I’m over the rainbow right now!

Comment by Eli – September 19, 2011 12:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hear it, very annoying!

Comment by Sd – September 18, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • like a cell phone going off in the background!

Comment by topoopon – September 18, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what happened to outstanding reality show host?

Comment by Diana – September 18, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Handed out last week – Jeff Probst.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 18, 2011 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU!!!!! I’ve been looking for a list of the untelevised winners and specifically for that category. I was pulling for Cat!

Comment by Magically Suspicious – September 19, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Mike and Molly fan, but Melissa McCarthy wasn’t the most deserving person in that category. I was pulling for Martha Plimpton, but at least it wasn’t Tina Fey.

Comment by Jimmy – September 18, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree with you… MP is crazy funny and it was such a joy to see here nominated!

Comment by LL – September 18, 2011 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All you Louie CK fan out there; all one of you. Here’s an update from the Nokia: 0 for 4.

SCOREBOARD, folks.

Comment by PaulH – September 18, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No offense to Melissa McCarthy, who I LOVE, but Amy Poehler should have won. Emmy fail.

Comment by Mikaylah – September 18, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Be respectful. Melissa truly deserved it. I feel like name-calling you right now, but I won’t stoop that low.

Comment by Eli – September 19, 2011 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I adore Melissa McCarthy, I think she’s one of the funniest ladies on Earth. That being day, I agree 100% with Mikaylah (and a lot of other people) Amy Poehler should have won. I feel like Melissa won because she was so hilarious in Braidsmaids.

Comment by Amy – September 19, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FNL BEAT MAD MAN FOR WRITING? OMGGGGGGGGGGG. PRAISE THE HEAVENS! the emmys are shocking us tonight.

Comment by Bee – September 18, 2011 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Melissa McCarthy! Melissa McCarthy! Way to go!! This is not an emmy fail, please watch her and see how natural and understated she is. She deserves it, she got this on her own because she is a wonderful, amazing actress, but…..This still doesn’t begin to make up for the travesty of no emmy love for Gilmore Girls.

Comment by april-ann – September 18, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Margo Martindale! She was excellent on Justified.

Comment by Tee – September 18, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was jumping up and down when Margo won. Sad that Timothy did not get a Emmy.

Comment by bobbi – September 19, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FNL for writing? Really? Should have been Mad Men. I could accept other dramas winning other awards but Mad Men is the best written show ever. Now I’m worried …

Comment by Maryb – September 18, 2011 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mad Men wins every year. Time for some other shows to be recognized.

Comment by chris – September 18, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Personally, I think they should be switched. Mad Men for the writing and FNL for the overall outstanding drama makes a little more sense to me.

Comment by Alice – September 18, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the awards? Why should voters have to spread the love to something that may not be as deserving?

Comment by Josh – September 18, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • May not be deserving, if you watch FNL you know this has been a long time coming the show is brilliant, the writing is brilliant. Mad Men could have easily won but FNL has been good if not as great as Mad Men for seasons 1,3,4, and 5.

Comment by Mick – September 18, 2011 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While Mad Men is a fantastic show, which has been the Emmy favorite for years, I think FNL is more than deserving. The show is so underrated and has been phenomenal every season. It’s touching, well written, and honest. It makes you feel. And I’m glad it’s finally receiving some long overdue credit.

Comment by Lily – September 18, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhh that sound is literally driving me nuts!!

Comment by Bethany – September 18, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. OMG. OMG.
    OMG x infinity.

KYLE FREAKING CHANDLER WON! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i’m still shaking from the excitement. holy crap.

Comment by Bee – September 18, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I scared my daughter with my screaming. Connie Britton deserved it too but I love my Coach Taylor! Congrats to Kyle Chandler.

Comment by Anna – September 18, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo for Connie Britton not winning, but WHOO! for Kyle Chandler!!

Comment by Mikaylah – September 18, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Words cannot describe how excited I am that Mad Men is FINALLY getting the inattention it deserves.

Comment by Mellie – September 18, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. And LO-Freakin-L.

Clear eyes. Full Hearts.

FNL for the shocker of the year but a well-deserved one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Michael – September 18, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t even get through the pilot episode I found it so dull, so I will never understand the hype.

Comment by Jess N – September 18, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the pilot was a little slow at some points. but ive seen the pilot about 5 times now and the most recent time i REALLY paid attention, and it got to me. but im so glad i stuck with it the first time around cuz it really pulled through and became one of my favorite shows of all time

Comment by maggie – September 18, 2011 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You will never understand because you are judging a show that ran for multiple seasons on just one single episode. Go watch at least five episodes and then maybe we’ll listen to your opinion.

Comment by Jax – September 19, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I found the pilot very difficult and boring until right at the very end. Then it grabbed me. But the pilot definitely required persistence.

Comment by Renee – September 19, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • awesome comment!

Comment by annie – September 18, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KChandler winning is best surprise ever. Very glad this show finally got some recognition!

Comment by wicked – September 18, 2011 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Julianna Margulies & Kyle Chandler, and Ha for Hugh Laurie.

Comment by Sam – September 18, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i hope FNL wins best drama series. what a FANTASTIC result that would be. PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN. although i would feel kind of bad cus that means only connie lost from the FNL camp.

Comment by Bee – September 18, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still in complete shock that Kyle Chandler won! How amazing! Glad to know voters finally opened their eyes.

Comment by shockpop08 – September 18, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THAT NOISE is ruining the show and setting my nerves on edge! Has anyone figured out what it is?

Comment by Patti – September 18, 2011 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprises, yes. Some, SOME, fan love finally. Deserving actors winning, finally. I’m happy with SOME of the winners but not being a very trusting person, I have to wonder if falling ratings for emmy shows have finally struck a chord.

Comment by april-ann – September 18, 2011 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, was Matthew Weiner actually gracious? Guess Kurt Sutter won’t have much to rag about–except the undeserved win.

Comment by Thomas – September 18, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Screw the Emmy voters. Everyone knows that Parks and rec and Game of thrones have been ROBBED!!

Comment by Adam – September 18, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family blah blah blah
    Mad Men blah blah blah

YAY for Kyle Chandler!!

Comment by Jess N – September 18, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks & Rec was a heck of a lot better than Modern Family this past tv season!! I watch both and P&R was amazing.

And so was Amy Poehler.

Comment by Elizabeth – September 18, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOOOOO happy for Ty Burrell!! He definitely deserved it!

Comment by alyssa – September 18, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy to see Paul McCrane get noticed.

Comment by Anna – September 18, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stupid Chandler. Everybody knew that Hugh Laurie deserved the gold. HE OPERATED HIMSELF, GOD DAMN IT!

Comment by Jean – September 18, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol i know you’re probably being sarcastic but hugh laurie not getting the emmy year after year (like steve carrell) is rather regrettable. Even though house was not great this past season, Hugh always delivers on his acting. I’m a huge fan of everything he does and has done, and compared to a lot of the actors who can only do drama or only comedy, Hugh clearly stands out as a multi-talented renaissance man who’s an actor, musician, writer, etc.

Comment by Jess – September 18, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said. Mr. Laurie is long overdue but I have faith that he’ll get it one day. Not that he needs a silly little statue to prove his awesomeness.

Comment by timshel – September 18, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chandler deserved to win and the academy is over Hugh. He has become an old stand by for the category (see Mariska Hargitay) and probably wouldn’t even have been nominated if Bryan Cranston had been eligible.

Comment by Thomas – September 18, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey Thomas, if the academy is over Hugh WHY does he keep getting noms year after year, just like Jon Hamm, and Michael C Hall. Is the academy over them too? Just because you win a gold statue does NOT make you the better actor. Thats why awards like this are a joke!

Comment by Kath G – September 18, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Because he’s a STAPLE. A stock choice to fill out the category instead of searching for fresh/deserving nominees. At 6 nominations and no wins they obviously aren’t enamored with him or else he’d have won already. Besides, his show has been around longer and he’s been nominated more than the other 2 you mentioned. A better comparison would be to Steve Carrell, who also has gone 0 for 6, except after tonight he has officially failed to win an Emmy for his work (on The Office).

Comment by Thomas – September 18, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t get Modern Family. I’ve tried to watch it but just don’t like it. Jim Parsons and Melissa McCarthy are the only ones I was happy about. Really wanted to see Dexter win. Best show on tv!

Comment by GS – September 18, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither, terribly unfunny. But then again, this is the Emmy’s we’re talking about. The people who vote usually aren’t all that up to speed on what is good and what is not.

Comment by JohnDoe – September 18, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um… The show’s a big hit, so it’s not just voters who like it….

Comment by J – September 18, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Two and a Half Men is a hit, too, that doesn’t make it emmy-worthy. MF season two wasn’t nearly as good as season one; while P&R has been absolutely KILLING it, but got shut out because it doesn’t have the same hype machine. That’s why so many think the voters are out of touch.

Comment by R – September 19, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • very fitting that ty and julie won for modern family.
    beset reaction shot of a family member EVER.
    melissa mccarthy winning takes away (almost) all the pain of amy poehler being ROBBED.
    dame maggie smith couldn’t be there because she just started a new term at hogwarts.
    i love how PUMPED kate winslet was to win. why hide it?

Comment by CJ – September 18, 2011 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Clear eyes. Full hearts.

Comment by Sg. Grant – September 18, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People hearing the noise: did you happen to have the live blog up and your speakers on? If so, THAT was what you were hearing.

Comment by jar – September 18, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mad Men wins series four years in a row and yet NO acting award. LOL

Comment by Ethan – September 18, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad, I skipped the Emmys once again. The awards seems to be more out of touch with each passing year.

Comment by john – September 18, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • umm… What did Kate Winslet win a grammy for? Can someone refresh my memory?

I’m really happy for Jim Parsons, but sad about no Parks&Rec love. Hope Nick Offerman gets a nom next year!!! It took Big Bang 4 seasons to get a best comedy nom and probably a lot more for Simon Helberg and other cast to be recognized, so there’s still hope for Parks&Rec!

Adding Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones to my watch list!!!

Comment by Sara – September 18, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering the same thing. I think perhaps they are counting a Golden Globe win as the G in EGOT. Pretty sure she doesn’t have a grammy.

Comment by timshel – September 18, 2011 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, you’re wrong. She does have a Grammy; it’s for some spoken word album where she reads a children’s book.

Comment by QWERTY – September 19, 2011 01:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The fact that you can win a Grammy for that really makes the EGOT seem less impressive.

Comment by RLH – September 19, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so excited about Margo Martindale! I remember watching her each episode thinking “she is going to win an Emmy….” And she DID! Too bad her character died…. but what an amazing range she has… touching and frightening all at the same time.

Comment by LL – September 18, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • These are ridiculous! I’m glad I didn’t watch them. I’m so sick of hearing about The Good Wife. Elisabeth Moss should have won HANDS DOWN. And Melissa McCarthy over Tina Fey? Or even Amy Poehler? Jim Parsons over Steve Carell, Alec Baldwin AND Louis C.K.?! Kyle Chandler over John Hamm and Hugh Laurie? Friday Night LIghts is a terrible show! I can’t even believe this. Ridiculous.

Comment by Rebecca – September 18, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family sucks. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is funnier and more deserving than all of those shows combines in the comedy category. Including the atrociously unfunny Amy Peohler and Tina Fey shows.

Comment by JohnDoe – September 18, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree. I think It’s Always Sunny is hilarious, but I always feel like there is something missing.

Comment by Brad – September 18, 2011 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally disagree. It’s Always Sunny couldn’t best Parks and Recreation or Modern Family at any point in time.

Comment by Justin – September 19, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Always Sunny is hilarious, but doesn’t have the heart that P&R does. The fact that you don’t find Amy and Tina funny tells me all I need to know about your taste.

Comment by R – September 19, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Texas Forever! Hooray for Kyle Chandler and FNL. not a full redemption but at least something after 5 years of greatness.

Comment by Mehvash – September 18, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Texas Forever!” …until it burns to the ground.

Comment by miss scarlet – September 18, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats to Jim Parsons on the win, but damn am I ever disappointed Steve Carell didn’t get it. The man did fantastic work with a character that could easily have become a one-note stereotype, and it’s such a shame that he’ll never be recognized for it.

Comment by Christian – September 18, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kate Winslet has a Grammy? Gotta find out about this…

Comment by Jacob – September 18, 2011 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Kyle Chandler won, I started jumping up and down. I don’t know if I have ever been so excited about an Emmy win. Seriously, I thought FNL would be totally shut out but they won TWO awards! I will take it. Still upset Steve Carrell didn’t win.

Comment by Amy – September 18, 2011 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lead actress in a miniseries or TV movie for Mildred Pierce

Comment by Lyndsey – September 18, 2011 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another year, another farce in the comedy section.

After the totally unfunny 30 rock, we started the reign of the completely unfunny modern family.

Will it ever come the year where the shows that really make people laugh (i.e. Community) get recognized?

Comment by Polly – September 18, 2011 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones, congratulations! I think this actor was great and expect even more when season 2 begins!

Comment by JHarnes – September 19, 2011 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post